C63 vs E55 Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I'm crying? Your waking up and going to sleep with me on your mind and I'm the one crying? I told you 10 times I will when I get a chance. It's getting very annoying being "called out" every god dam day. I don't giv a ***k if you stock or not stock I will race you again, win, lose or tie, I don't care as much as you do.
ohhh god here we go, do me a favor let just leave this wher it is and pretend all this **** never happend, no one is ganna call you out no more.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by STLTH_AMG
With that being said, it is sad but true, interior of the E class is hands down a hundred times better than that of the cheap interior of a C63!!
Okay, serious question here. Can one of you E-owners tell me, specifically, what exactly is cheap about the C interior? Or barring that, what is so superior about the E interior? I was at the dealer Saturday and although I wasn't looking for this, I didn't notice anything particularly wonderful about the E interior and the C doesn't strike me as cheap (especially compared to my 911).

I'm just wondering what the real differences are.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bike
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Okay, serious question here. Can one of you E-owners tell me, specifically, what exactly is cheap about the C interior? Or barring that, what is so superior about the E interior? I was at the dealer Saturday and although I wasn't looking for this, I didn't notice anything particularly wonderful about the E interior and the C doesn't strike me as cheap (especially compared to my 911).

I'm just wondering what the real differences are.
All these guys are just talking out of their asses. The C63 interor might look cheap in pictures, but when you see it in person, especially the sahara beige, it looks amazing.

Once again 90% of the guys commenting about the car probably haven't seen/sat in/ been within 500miles of a C63.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:40 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
All these guys are just talking out of their asses. The C63 interor might look cheap in pictures, but when you see it in person, especially the sahara beige, it looks amazing.

Once again 90% of the guys commenting about the car probably haven't seen/sat in/ been within 500miles of a C63.
other than the nappa leather trim on the door panel (which you can get from full leather option on the w204) and the seats/steering wheel. C63 interior is the same as all W204 and I'm afraid to say the shiny looking dash board material does look cheap compare to the 06-07 E-class which has leather trims on the door standard, the center armrest trim in leather with reversed stiching standard, and full array of trim options that makes the car looks and feel more expensive. the only part that looks and feels expensive are the two front seats and the steering wheel in the C63. even tho I have two C, the C will never be an E or an S in terms of interior quality and luxury. just like the 3 will never be an 5 and 7.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:46 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by FrankW
other than the nappa leather trim on the door panel (which you can get from full leather option on the w204) and the seats/steering wheel. C63 interior is the same as all W204 and I'm afraid to say the shiny looking dash board material does look cheap compare to the 06-07 E-class which has leather trims on the door standard, the center armrest trim in leather with reversed stiching standard, and full array of trim options that makes the car looks and feel more expensive. the only part that looks and feels expensive are the two front seats and the steering wheel in the C63. even tho I have two C, the C will never be an E or an S in terms of interior quality and luxury. just like the 3 will never be an 5 and 7.
So you're saying its the lack of leather on the dash, door and center armrest? I'm looking at the AMG site and trying to figure out what you're meaning. You're talking about the top of the dash, right? So the E is done in full leather?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
So you're saying its the lack of leather on the dash, door and center armrest? I'm looking at the AMG site and trying to figure out what you're meaning. You're talking about the top of the dash, right? So the E is done in full leather?
the top and bottom of the front dash board. it gives off a shiny reflection where the E-class doesn't. nothing to do with having a full leather dash board or not. although I think you can get the full leather option in the E63 in the US?

make no mistake the 204 dash is still very solidly made, but just the shine makes it look cheap.

this is kind of what I'm talking about (same deal with using flash, but the 204 dash gives a glittery reflection where the w211 has a soft glow.)

vs
Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Ah, okay I gotcha. I never really thought about it that way until you pointed it out - I guess it is because it is similar to the material used on all the Porsche dashes - Cayman, Boxter, and 911. It looks more sporty to me than that picture of the E, where the E looks more luxury-focused. That seems logical to me since the C seems obviously more sport-oriented, so I guess I didn't understand why the comments seemed to indicate this was some sort of detractor. If you want a primarily-luxury car, why would you buy a C class?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:12 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Ah, okay I gotcha. I never really thought about it that way until you pointed it out - I guess it is because it is similar to the material used on all the Porsche dashes - Cayman, Boxter, and 911. It looks more sporty to me than that picture of the E, where the E looks more luxury-focused. That seems logical to me since the C seems obviously more sport-oriented, so I guess I didn't understand why the comments seemed to indicate this was some sort of detractor. If you want a primarily-luxury car, why would you buy a C class?
well, the w203 dash board looks the same as the 211, so I'm pretty sure the next E will have same type of dash board with the same issue. we'll wait and see.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:15 AM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
As I've posted before, I have an 06 E55 and 08 C63 w/ leather option and can offer my opinion on the interior. Hands down the E55's interior is more luxurious than the C63, even though like the C63 the dash is not covered in leather. However the material they use on the E seems less plasticky, with a slightly more rubbier feel to it.

Also on the E, they use micro suede on the headliner, pillars, and visors which is a nice touch. Another big difference in the E is the leather on the doors/armrests is much softer and more supple, along with the seats. The leather on the C is stretched too tight imo. And as noted previously, the reverse stitching in the E is nice.

The differences may seem small, but it definately adds to a much more luxurious feel than the C.

I don't find the C's interior cheap however, or share the same mentality as those who just view it as what you'd expect from an entry level Benz. I look at it a different way, I see the C63 as a purpose built interior. More race inspired while lacking a little in comfort and refinement. That's exactly what I was looking for anyway.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing for certain is that Mercedes closed the performance gap between their C and E AMG range with the C63 and it will be interesting to see what they do with the new E AMG when that comes out. Will they increase the gap again or will high gas prices etc mean they adjust the priorities?

Regards

Andy