C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

i learned a few things about the c63 today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
i learned a few things about the c63 today...

* only 250 will be produced for US and Canada total!
* its not in the same class as M3s, but it is in the Ferrari class
* there is so much demand, individuals are willing to pay a $20K markup!

I called up Rusnak MB in Arcadia, CA this morning cuz i had seen on cars.com that they have/had 2 C63s on their lot. I called them, asking if they had them on the lot, they said yes, and if i would be able to test drive, also a yes. I made an appointment with a salesman for 1-1:30.

I took one of my friends with me and got to there at 1:30 and asked for the specific salesman, who didn't come see me until 1:50 or so. Besides the receptionist, nobody even acknowledged us until 1:45.

after greeting me, the first thing he asked me was if i brought my checkbook. I kind of figured from here it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience. He took me right to the markup and told me there were only 250 of the c63s being made for US and Canada to justify the final price on the car, which was $87,650!

when i went ahead and told him i'd done my research and that i was going to be comparing it to the m3, he told me that the m3 is not in the same class. the c63 is comparable to Ferraris. ooooooooook

either way, after beating around the bush for a few more minutes he told me i was not going to be able to test drive and sent me along my way.

i let him know that when it comes time for me to purchase a new vehicle, i would not be returning to them, to which he had no objection.

now, i am a 24 year old "kid" and i understand what that means to them. also i know they cant let everyone and anyone who wants to drive it, get behind the wheel. that they need ppl are interested in purchasing the car otherwise miles rack up. this car already had 17 miles on it. my problem is that he was a complete d*** to me once he saw me. i had no shot. unless i was ready to buy the car from right then and there, i wasnt going to get to drive it. i dont know about you guys but i'd need to drive this beast before forking over $70k+.

either way, i just thought i'd share a story thats left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth and a few tidbits of apparent fact.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:25 PM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
Originally Posted by Six-Trey_Dreamn

I called up Rusnak MB in Arcadia, CA this morning cuz i had seen on cars.com that they have/had 2 C63s on their lot. I called them, asking if they had them on the lot, they said yes, and if i would be able to test drive, also a yes. I made an appointment with a salesman for 1-1:30.

I took one of my friends with me and got to there at 1:30 and asked for the specific salesman, who didn't come see me until 1:50 or so. Besides the receptionist, nobody even acknowledged us until 1:45.

after greeting me, the first thing he asked me was if i brought my checkbook. I kind of figured from here it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience. He took me right to the markup and told me there were only 250 of the c63s being made for US and Canada to justify the final price on the car, which was $87,650!

when i went ahead and told him i'd done my research and that i was going to be comparing it to the m3, he told me that the m3 is not in the same class. the c63 is comparable to Ferraris. ooooooooook

either way, after beating around the bush for a few more minutes he told me i was not going to be able to test drive and sent me along my way.

i let him know that when it comes time for me to purchase a new vehicle, i would not be returning to them, to which he had no objection.

now, i am a 24 year old "kid" and i understand what that means to them. also i know they cant let everyone and anyone who wants to drive it, get behind the wheel. that they need ppl are interested in purchasing the car otherwise miles rack up. this car already had 17 miles on it. my problem is that he was a complete d*** to me once he saw me. i had no shot. unless i was ready to buy the car from right then and there, i wasnt going to get to drive it. i dont know about you guys but i'd need to drive this beast before forking over $70k+.

either way, i just thought i'd share a story thats left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth and a few tidbits of apparent fact.
f c u k Rusnak, I went to their showroom in Pasadena before and there were nothing but a bunch of pretentious *****s there. Dealers like this care nothing about repeat business. They simply care about the big kills

I've walked into Ferrari dealerships where right off the bat they knew I wasn't going to buy anything and was treated better than that
Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 PM

C63, LR3
wow...that's some crap...I walked into the dealer on Park Ave...5 minutes later I was with my guy...20 minutes later we were driving down Park Ave...the next day I bought it...I hate dealers like the one you mentioned...It's not that serious...lol...salesman should remember that they work there...we're shopping there...
Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
I've noticed salesman are just idiots when it comes to these cars. They will say anything.

There are far more than 250 being made in the us. There are 236 listed on auto trader right now. One dealer in california has 13 in stock. One in NJ with 10. One down the street from me with 5. These cars are not moving like they would have you believe.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB

2000 would be more likely for the 2009 model year for the US market.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
I believe the number is more like 940 for US market, 2009 model year. And I believe 450 or so 2008 models were sent over.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Originally Posted by Balz
wow...that's some crap...I walked into the dealer on Park Ave...5 minutes later I was with my guy...20 minutes later we were driving down Park Ave...the next day I bought it...I hate dealers like the one you mentioned...It's not that serious...lol...salesman should remember that they work there...we're shopping there...
sometimes ppl works at the stealership thinks they own the place

Over here Nor cali, you have to know someone, or you drive in with a nice car to test drive a car
Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 AM

W204, W220, S15 Silvia
ive had that experience before, even for a very cheap nissan micra for the lady, the salesman was being a complete dick
we jus simply walked off
cant we like taking down their names and say ur boss will want to see u in the next few days
Old 09-27-2008, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
Originally Posted by zankok
ive had that experience before, even for a very cheap nissan micra for the lady, the salesman was being a complete dick
we jus simply walked off
cant we like taking down their names and say ur boss will want to see u in the next few days
I drove in with my beater scion Xb to Nor cali Serrmonte Lexus, my GF was going to buy the Lexus IS 350 , after 10 mins waiting around, noone wants to help us with any info or color combos...... I have to walk up to the sales to ask for help... after talking less than 5 mins, he talks about how expensive the car is, do we want to sign papers >>?? they dont even know what color package etc we wanted............. we left. Bought a Bimmer X3 for her next day at SF bmw. jesus sales ppl.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:01 AM

BMW e90 335i
LOL..I actually went today too!!! I went around 7-8. There was a white C63 AMG parked in the show room with 20,000 dollar mark up! I asked for a test drive and they said only if I want to buy the car; let me ask you a question, how am I going to buy a 70,000 dollar car without a test drive? And I only get to drive it after I decide to buy it? Why do I need a test drive after I bought it? I can drive it all I want if I bought the car already!

Last edited by AMG-Turismo; 09-27-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by GBlansten
2000 would be more likely for the 2009 model year for the US market.
i heard the same thing 2000 only i heard thats what they build every year and we get only 400 in the U.S, i dont know how true my fax is thats just what i heard.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:05 AM

c63 amg
i have a buddy with a rich uncle who's first car was vw bug with like 200k miles that he bought when he was 20 working as a paper boy and putting himself through school.

long story short he ended up doing rather well for himself and now collects cars, but still drives his bug day to day because he loves it.

shows up at a lambo dealership to look at some murcielago lp460, it was supposed to be one of the first ones made, any how i guess they watched him pull in and when he came in and started looking at the car a sales rep said something rude then asked him to leave

well he showed up the next day in a ferrari enzo fxx (for thoes of you unfamilar i think 20 made, set you bast liek 2.5million and only the most elite owners (most collecters) were allowed to buy them) stepped inside and had a little talk with the sales manager who was speachless

went across the valley to another dealership and bought one, they didn't mind his vw but rather respected the herritage (vw owning lamborghini and all)

the end

no one likes a ****
Old 09-27-2008, 03:17 AM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
Originally Posted by mickey6thgear
i have a buddy with a rich uncle who's first car was vw bug with like 200k miles that he bought when he was 20 working as a paper boy and putting himself through school.

long story short he ended up doing rather well for himself and now collects cars, but still drives his bug day to day because he loves it.

shows up at a lambo dealership to look at some murcielago lp460, it was supposed to be one of the first ones made, any how i guess they watched him pull in and when he came in and started looking at the car a sales rep said something rude then asked him to leave

well he showed up the next day in a ferrari enzo fxx (for thoes of you unfamilar i think 20 made, set you bast liek 2.5million and only the most elite owners (most collecters) were allowed to buy them) stepped inside and had a little talk with the sales manager who was speachless

went across the valley to another dealership and bought one, they didn't mind his vw but rather respected the herritage (vw owning lamborghini and all)

the end

no one likes a ****
Interesting story, but The Ferrari FXX is not street legal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_FXX
Old 09-27-2008, 04:36 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!

I had same experience in Seattle area, I was looking at cars in Barrier (Bellevue city), I drove my $6,000 daily beater ford focus wagon No one bother to say hi to me, not to mention I am only 21...

So, when I satishfied my eyes, I took off. The next day, I went to Phill Smart M-Benz dealership in Downtown Seattle...it was a blast...I end-up getting my C63 at their place...I literally use shorts and T-Shirts w/ Jacket, but they didnt mind at all

I just love sales people who actually respect other, just because they interested with their products
Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by AMG-Turismo
LOL..I actually went today too!!! I went around 7-8. There was a white C63 AMG parked in the show room with 20,000 dollar mark up! I asked for a test drive and they said only if I want to buy the car; let me ask you a question, how am I going to buy a 70,000 dollar car without a test drive? And I only get to drive it after I decide to buy it? Why do I need a test drive after I bought it? I can drive it all I want if I bought the car already!

well i guess i feel a little better knowing that they didnt juss do it to me. that white c63 is the same one i was looking at

i ended up going to Penske in West Covina before i went home, and i was pretty sure they didnt have one but it was somewhat on the way...and they didnt have one on the lot, they have 2 coming in oct 10 or so though...
but the salesman there was really chill; as soon as we walked in he asked us what we were looking at...told him about our rusnak experience and he said theyre crazy for that markup...also said they do btwn $1-2k

and as for the car we came in; i thought that might be a problem so we took my mom's 2000 S430 to hopefully avoid any prejudice against my 2000 nissan maxima...but that didnt help much

im gonna call fletcher jones in newport (the dealer w/ 13) and see what theyre willing to do...
so for now, still six-trey Dreamn...
Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
im gonna call fletcher jones in newport (the dealer w/ 13) and see what theyre willing to do...
so for now, still six-trey Dreamn...

Todd Lewis at Fletcher-Jones is a very cool guy and they sell at MSRP.

Also definitely try MB of South Bay in Torrance. I got mine from Nancy Minatodani there - got a test drive right away (drove up in my Evo 8) and took a car that was on the boat. No markup and probably a discount at MB of South Bay. No games, easy deal. Just checked and they have one in every color listed on Autotrader....
Old 09-27-2008, 01:16 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
wow that is simply retarded
In canada here i went in to the MB dealership as a 17 year old
the salesman was amazing , let me test the car , took it on a highway
did way over 200KM he simply didnt care, then we took it to a field and did some fun drifting , we popped one of the P-zero tires
he didnt mind and just laughed , he didnt make us pay even if i was just a 17 year old kid.... 2 weeks later i went back with my parents and simply bought the car right away
Old 09-27-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by Jeffield
wow that is simply retarded
In canada here i went in to the MB dealership as a 17 year old
the salesman was amazing , let me test the car , took it on a highway
did way over 200KM he simply didnt care, then we took it to a field and did some fun drifting , we popped one of the P-zero tires
he didnt mind and just laughed , he didnt make us pay even if i was just a 17 year old kid.... 2 weeks later i went back with my parents and simply bought the car right away
UM,,,,,,yeah,right,,,ok
Old 09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

20,000 mark up ????????????

i dont even believe that!!!!

i would've ripped him sooooo hard!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Among car enthusiasts here in SoCal, we have a saying that goes like this: "Friends don't let friends go to Rusnak."

I won't even try to relate my experience with them at their Audi, BMW, and Volvo dealerships. It would take too much time to write.....
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 PM

BMW e90 335i
Well, before yesturday's experience I went to Rusnak couple months ago to take a look at C63 for the first time, and the sales was really nice. I am only 19 years old and I went there with 2 of my other friends which are both younger than me. It was an African American girl named Cooper. When we first got there no one wanted to help us except her. The C63 was parked all the way in the back lot; she actually walked all the way back there with us just so we can take a look at the car. I asked her to start the car so we can hear the engin noise and she did it without a problem. She's really nice. I was suppose to go to her yesturday again, but she left already. Next time when you go to Rusnak look for Cooper!

Last edited by AMG-Turismo; 09-27-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by gsmps
Interesting story, but The Ferrari FXX is not street legal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_FXX
Yeah I was going to say the same thing.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Since we're sharing dealer stories: I recently got high on pcp and ketamine and went to my local dealer unclothed and in a very malevolent state of mind. I rode onto the lot on a unicycle with my trusty sidekick Mumu (he's a three year old owl monkey). Despite the large Mora knife that I was fielding (picked up of course on a trip to Dalarna, Sweden) they did not discriminate against me nor did they judge me to be an unworthy prospect for sale or lease. I test drove an E63 that day. You may have seen the high speed chase on CNN. Needless to say, I did later return and lease the C63 with which I have proudly posted pics.

Moral of the story: not all dealers are judgmental and rude.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Since we're sharing dealer stories: I recently got high on pcp and ketamine and went to my local dealer unclothed and in a very malevolent state of mind. I rode onto the lot on a unicycle with my trusty sidekick Mumu (he's a three year old owl monkey). Despite the large Mora knife that I was fielding (picked up of course on a trip to Dalarna, Sweden) they did not discriminate against me nor did they judge me to be an unworthy prospect for sale or lease. I test drove an E63 that day. You may have seen the high speed chase on CNN. Needless to say, I did later return and lease the C63 with which I have proudly posted pics.

Moral of the story: not all dealers are judgmental and rude.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 AM

UPDATE :)

so just a little update; i went to Fletcher Jones in Newport earlier today, i got a great referral from a mbworld member

As soon as I got to the dealership, I had the salesman paged. he was busy w/ a client but said we'd take it for a 'hot lap' as soon as he was done. So w/out asking any financial related questions we jumped right in. he actually sat in the back and let my friend sit shotgun. i thought that was pretty awesome of him, and then he let me put the transmission into manual and push it...
getting on to the 73 fwy he told me to gun it...so i pushed it...i think i shifted at ~7k rpm @ 90-95mph and he was yelling at me from the back for shifting too soon haha
when we got back on surface streets he took me to some areas where he said cops didnt really roam and told me to push the car again....at one point my friend actually grabbed the 'oh s***' handle...

i was thoroughly impressed...the car was everything i expected and more...and the salesman was awesome...even as we were leaving he made no push to ask me when i was going to buy or anything

another note, Palladium Silver looks a LOT better in person than it does in pictures....

either way when the time is right, i will definitely returning to Fletcher Jones...

Last edited by Unbreakable1; 09-29-2008 at 01:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i learned a few things about the c63 today...