C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody know what happened with the PP03?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63
Anybody know what happened with the PP03?

I hear some things happened with cars that were ordered with the Performance package. My car has the Limited slip $1200 and the top speed delimited $1250. $1250 DOLLARS to unset a software bit?

The question is I bought mine from the dealer. I thought it had the PP but the dealer told me it had the limited slip and the dilimited top speed I heard him as saying it had the PP 03 package ( I knew what was in the package and when I heard him say limited slip thats all I needed to know so I thought)

BUT for 2500 vs 3900 I would rather have the suspension and the brakes in the PP03 package.(Not to mention the alcantara) What was the story with the PP03 package in early 09s?
Is there even a story?
When i was looking I couldnt find a car near me so I got mine in Fletcher Jones of Freemont and had it trucked to me. I was surprised when the car came off the truck without the PP03. But looking back, I couldnt think of anything legally that happened that would let me ask MB for the package. Except for me being tired that nite and hearing what I wanted to hear and not hearing what the GM said.
I would just like to know the story of how I messed this one up. IN reality what I missed out on in the track tuned suspension and composite brakes.
I messed up right at the wrong time when there might of been a shortage of rotors or something during the time I bought the car.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 AM

09 c63
Originally Posted by paulGT3
I hear some things happened with cars that were ordered with the Performance package. My car has the Limited slip $1200 and the top speed delimited $1250. $1250 DOLLARS to unset a software bit?

The question is I bought mine from the dealer. I thought it had the PP but the dealer told me it had the limited slip and the dilimited top speed I heard him as saying it had the PP 03 package ( I knew what was in the package and when I heard him say limited slip thats all I needed to know so I thought)

BUT for 2500 vs 3900 I would rather have the suspension and the brakes in the PP03 package.(Not to mention the alcantara) What was the story with the PP03 package in early 09s?
Is there even a story?
When i was looking I couldnt find a car near me so I got mine in Fletcher Jones of Freemont and had it trucked to me. I was surprised when the car came off the truck without the PP03. But looking back, I couldnt think of anything legally that happened that would let me ask MB for the package. Except for me being tired that nite and hearing what I wanted to hear and not hearing what the GM said.
I would just like to know the story of how I messed this one up. IN reality what I missed out on in the track tuned suspension and composite brakes.
I messed up right at the wrong time when there might of been a shortage of rotors or something during the time I bought the car.
There was no shortage of anything in the PP. It was a production error due to something error in codes provided for builds. The first 09s were built with just LSD and top speed delimiter. To make up for this, they priced them as stand alone options, $1200 for LSD and $1250 for top speed delimiter. All cars built september and onward have the full PP. Other than that, there is no story.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:18 AM

AMG C63
thanks thats the first time I saw that in a sentence.
Does that mean these order errors are missing the composite brakes and suspension tune?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
thanks thats the first time I saw that in a sentence.

You must haven't been reading the board in August... that's all "we" talked about! "OMG the sky is falling!!! MB screwed up the Performance Package!"

You have what we call the "performance package light" and IMO it's preferable to the full pkg at $3990... but yeah, $1250 is a lot to pay for a delimiter you'll likely never use. Most customers worked things out with their dealer to either get a discount or re-order the full perf. pkg
Old 10-03-2008, 12:54 AM

AMG C63
Hans
I didnt find this board till last week. I am a Porsche 911 guy and have 6000 posts on Rennlist. When i decided to sell my 07 GT3 because of back problems I was going to get a M3. A fellow GT3 guy who has a Black Series told me to check out the AMG C63 or buy his black series(which I came REALL close to doing)
So short story long I didnt know anything about MBworld.org till last week.
I found other MB boards that werent as in depth as this one is. I am glad I found this one now. LOTS more info!!!!

thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Hans
I didnt find this board till last week. I am a Porsche 911 guy and have 6000 posts on Rennlist. When i decided to sell my 07 GT3 because of back problems I was going to get a M3. A fellow GT3 guy who has a Black Series told me to check out the AMG C63 or buy his black series(which I came REALL close to doing)
So short story long I didnt know anything about MBworld.org till last week.
I found other MB boards that werent as in depth as this one is. I am glad I found this one now. LOTS more info!!!!

thanks
Hi Paul - we've probably crossed on Rennlist although I haven't posted there in forever. I think I have 1k posts or so, probably less. I was on the 996 forum for a while before I got my 997 and I miss the, uh...more "substantial" threads. I find that I ignore probably 50% on this forum since they are so repetitive, silly, or just plain dumb.

Unfortunately, the other MB forums are worse or smaller.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:10 AM

Porsche GT3
Talking

Good to see a few fellow rennlisters. I post over there in the racing section. I do a fair amount of PCA racing. My 63 should be in next week!

Glad to see guys coming from 911's (which give you a much better perspective on a proper handling car than coming from a BMW product!) that enjoy this car.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by Earlyapex
Good to see a few fellow rennlisters. I post over there in the racing section. I do a fair amount of PCA racing. My 63 should be in next week!

Glad to see guys coming from 911's (which give you a much better perspective on a proper handling car than coming from a BMW product!) that enjoy this car.
Its definitely no 911, but as a stoplight racer or highway cruiser its pretty nice. And it is definitely fun. I have been biting my tongue in the "ultimate C63" thread about lightening the car up and making it a great track car. You could take a base 911 (325 hp before the 2009 DFI bump) and run circles around a lightened C63 w/451 hp at the track. There is more to racing than horsepower and weight.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM

AMG C63
Hey Grave, Apex I am OLDGUY over there.
Yes the posts in the GT3 section and the racing RL section are MUCH more in depth that what I found here. But you gotta admit that the GT3 guys are more performance oriented than say a 17 year old girl I saw on this board posting about a C63 her daddy was going to get her.

Apex coming from a GT3 I have to admit I am really impressed on how fun this car is. It is so much more comfortable than my GT3 its not comparable but is not to far off in driveability.
I look forward to hear your driving comparisons. It will be nice to have some serious guys over here.
and Grave I havent found much on any other MB boards. The private AMG list is not too bad.

Last edited by paulGT3; 10-03-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 PM

C63 / ////AMG
Unfortunately the quality of this board has gone down over the past year- a lot of adults behaving like children...

I have an 09 C63 coming in a couple of weeks with the full performance package, so I'm really looking forward to that. I recently had an opportunity to drive an 09 base Carrera with the PDK transmission. It seemed to accelerate quicker and handle better than an 08 Carrera S. That being said, my wife is looking into getting an 09 Carrera since the C63 will be mine
Old 10-03-2008, 10:46 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
The private AMG list is not too bad.
Where's that at?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 PM

AMG C63
grave:
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...rums/index.php

Beemaze. I am good friends with the editor of Excellence magazine
and when I was talking about selling my GT3 he was telling me that the new
Carrera with the PDK was AMAZING. He said it revolutionary in Porsche terms where everything is normally evolutionary.
Make sure she gets the PDK.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
My time (too much) spent on the various boards has led me to this generalization:

(there are some interesting parallels)

Corvette & AMG boards: Prefer 1/4 mile, who's got the most HP, "how do I launch"?, UFC, missing/gold teeth and cultivating chest hair

Porsche & BMW boards: Prefer road course, who's got the fastest lap times, "how do I show off my expensive watch while at 9 & 3?", F1, whitening teeth and shaving chest hair

OK so we're not missing teeth. I love my C63, and while this board is slow, the cast of characters keeps it interesting.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:27 AM

AMG C63
Hans just within this thread I have found some gear heads here in this
forum amongst whom we may have good participation in higher level automotive
language, including yourself!!
Old 10-04-2008, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
My time (too much) spent on the various boards has led me to this generalization:

(there are some interesting parallels)

Corvette & AMG boards: Prefer 1/4 mile, who's got the most HP, "how do I launch"?, UFC, missing/gold teeth and cultivating chest hair

Porsche & BMW boards: Prefer road course, who's got the fastest lap times, "how do I show off my expensive watch while at 9 & 3?", F1, whitening teeth and shaving chest hair

OK so we're not missing teeth. I love my C63, and while this board is slow, the cast of characters keeps it interesting.
LOL! I agree that sometimes the maturity meter could be a little higher for a car that almost costs $70k.