Sponsored by:

DoDo Juice Review & Detail - C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
DoDo Juice Review & Detail - C63

Hi Guys. One of my best friends growing up owns a detail shop here in NY. I decided to get away from the norm and try some of my own products and give the car that personal touch. The car is about 2months old and still had the original dealers wax and such on it, which wasn't too bad. But the car needed it. Weather was perfect..mid 60's and breezy.

I used some of the left over Adam's car wash I had in my Foam Cannon to help let the car soak. Fall has already started to come fast here in NY with rain. After allowing the car to soak a little, I started to let the P21S cleaner get to work on the wheels. 5 minutes later with mild aggitation...the dirt was literally rolling off. I then started to wash the car with the Perls soap which is very mild...but the adam's pre soak helped a lot to remove the dirt. Once the car was washed, I then broke out the Wolfgang clay lube and clay and began running around the car lubing and claying. Not much contaminants and dirt as you can imagine for it being a new car. Most of the dirt and particles was from the front/rear bumpers and fenders. After the clay, I set up a new bucket with some Duragloss 901 soap and began washing down the car. Amazing, car looked great after the clay and wash...and still had some softness to the touch. I then used a foam applicator and started to use the DoDo Lime Pre Wax which went on easy and came off just as easy. The hardest part I had on the day, was not enough consistent light to see where I had completely applied the wax. I did literally half the car and went back to remove it with a micro-fiber which seemed to work out fine. The car did look and feel great with just the Pre-Wax. Now the fun part...I opened the Light Fantastic Wax and ooooh baby it smelled great. Was a little hard at first..but once I started getting my fingers in there..it loosened up ( no pun intended :lol ) I literally put some of the wax in my hand, and massaged it into the paint on the car. I did the entire car in 1 shot which took about 20 minutes. 2 Microfiber towels and a buffing towel got the wax off just right. To finish it off, I used some FK425 to wipe the car down for anything I missed.

The wheels, yikes...Very dirty and a lot of spokes. The P21S did a good job of getting 80% of all the dirt off, but I still went back and washed it with a microfiber mitt and duragloss soap. A quick rinse and dry was all it took. I then applied the Armor All Tire Gel which is great for the money. I tried to use my Swissvax Autobahn wheel wax, but it is very difficult to use. Small container and doesn't go on as easy as I would like. SO, I just used my Opti-Seal. Great product.

All in all, I must say that the DoDo products are amazing. Just 1 coat of the wax was all it took to get the depth and wetness look in the paint. The Clay along with the Pre-Wax got all the little dirt marks/specs off the paint. I very happy the way the things came out. I think for the next couple of weeks, I will use the Opti-Seal until I give the car another wax. At $70 a container for wax, I can wait a little.

Sorry for the bad pics and long write-up. I didn't take too many before or during pictures, but you can see the dirt..after is what counts :clap:

Thanks to George from DI for hooking me up with the DoDo and advice.

Wash & Dry
Adam's Car Wash/Einszett Perls (used with foam cannon, had some extra adams to use to help let the car soak) then I scrubbed it with the Perls which is very mild.
Duragloss 901 - was used after the claying.
Jumbo Waffle Weave Microfiber

Wheels and Tires
P21S Wheel Cleaner
Swissvax Wheel Brush
E-Z Detail Brush
Opti-Seal
FK425
Armor All Tire Gel

Exhaust
Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish
FK425

Clay
Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay
Wolfgang Clay Lubricant
16x16 Cobra Microfiber Towel

Glass
Stoner's Invisible Glass
FK425

Pre-Wax & Wax
DoDo Lime Price Pre Wax Cleanser
DoDo Light Fantastic Soft Wax
FK425

Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 PM

11' R8 - 11' RR Sport

Old 10-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997 Turbo GT Silver/Cocoa (sold) 2009 C63 White/Black (sold) 2012 GL350 Pall/Black
Hey bud, your front tow hook cap looks like its going to fall off. Mine fell off last week and it irks me. Trying to get a replacement now. I have noticed another 08 benz without one the other day...

sadness
Old 10-04-2008, 05:13 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
detail looks good!!!

Wheels look amazing and fresh after too.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 AM

C63 Darth Vader
Car looks great.

I've put dodo juice on my car when I first got it (about a month ago) and found it vary hard to use....

Application was difficult and polishing off was very hard work. Still it washes real easily now.....

I used this one...

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/S...?ProductId=406

M
Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 AM

11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
Originally Posted by SuperCover
Car looks great.

I've put dodo juice on my car when I first got it (about a month ago) and found it vary hard to use....

Application was difficult and polishing off was very hard work. Still it washes real easily now.....

I used this one...

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/S...?ProductId=406

M
Hmmm, not sure why. I specifically picked the soft wax to use it by hand instead of the hard wax. Maybe for the darker color cars, the formula varies?
Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 PM

W205 c43
V.S Zaino

Just wondering how is the DoDo compare with Zaino for Obsidian black color car.

I can not decide if go DoDo or Zaino

If I do Zaino:
Zaino Z-AIO All-in-one
Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal
Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

If DoDo:
1. Dodo Juice Lime Prime
2. Dodo Juice Purple Haze
Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
+1 I'm wondering the same, I've had and used Zano on my other Black cars it worked great...