Sponsored by:

Smoke Vs. Clear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
Smoke Vs. Clear

I will be picking up my '09 Iridium Silver in a couple of weeks. First mod will be to get rid of the ugly amber side markers. I've kinda narrowed it down to either the clear or smoked ones as I think the painted ones make the car look like its missing some sort of option (that and I still want to have light there). I've seen pictures of the clear ones on the Iridium paint and they seem to blend in very well. Anyone have any pics of Iridium with the smoked ones? I think those might match up to the darker bi-xenons a little better. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by EROD
I will be picking up my '09 Iridium Silver in a couple of weeks. First mod will be to get rid of the ugly amber side markers. I've kinda narrowed it down to either the clear or smoked ones as I think the painted ones make the car look like its missing some sort of option (that and I still want to have light there). I've seen pictures of the clear ones on the Iridium paint and they seem to blend in very well. Anyone have any pics of Iridium with the smoked ones? I think those might match up to the darker bi-xenons a little better. Thanks.
EROD, I saw a silver one on this site with the clear markers and it looked good
Old 10-04-2008, 05:18 PM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
EROD, I saw a silver one on this site with the clear markers and it looked good
Yeah, I saw the pictures of the clear one and they do look good. I'm just wanting to see how the smoked ones look with that paint scheme.

I saw your other posts about waiting till next year for yours...good luck. I wish I had more time in Germany to take advantage of that discount but oh well. I've got mine all paid for and waiting for me in TX in 2 weeks. Caint's wait....

ROD
Old 10-04-2008, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Yeah, I saw the pictures of the clear one and they do look good. I'm just wanting to see how the smoked ones look with that paint scheme.

I saw your other posts about waiting till next year for yours...good luck. I wish I had more time in Germany to take advantage of that discount but oh well. I've got mine all paid for and waiting for me in TX in 2 weeks. Caint's wait....

ROD
It must feel good to know your going back to the "world". I was back home in New York last July and loved it.Make sure when you get your beast that you post some pic's.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:50 PM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
It must feel good to know your going back to the "world". I was back home in New York last July and loved it.Make sure when you get your beast that you post some pic's.

Pics are a definite. And yes, it will be nice going back to the "world". No offense to our German members, but I'm definitely ready to go back to the U.S. after 3 years in Germany and 15-months in the middle east. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to drive my car on the Autobahn but I-35 will have to do
Old 10-04-2008, 05:55 PM

09 C63
Pics are a definite. And yes, it will be nice going back to the "world". No offense to our German members, but I'm definitely ready to go back to the U.S. after 3 years in Germany and 15-months in the middle east. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to drive my car on the Autobahn but I-35 will have to do
Elipdio... enjoy the USA. I'll be in TX in March.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:10 PM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
Elipdio... enjoy the USA. I'll be in TX in March.
Holy crap! Is this matt? I thought you were long gone from Germany. Where've you been hiding?

ROD
Old 10-04-2008, 06:13 PM

09 C63
Holy crap! Is this matt? I thought you were long gone from Germany. Where've you been hiding?

ROD
Nope dude. Still up here in Katt. Your old S3 is my new boss. I'm not outta here till like March... Going to PA school, no more Apaches for me.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:21 PM

2009 Iridium Silver C63
Hey matt, check PM.