C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SWITCHING THE "PROGRAM MODE SELECTOR" (C) (S) (M) YOU NEED TO BE STOPPED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by dlbello
What I have been saying all along that the "Program Mode Selector" in which it switches the Hydraulic gear "Should Only be changed" when in the "P" park position. You can find the detailed information in your owners manual under "control in details" pp 125

Tell me why u own a C63 please
are you affraid of the yellow triangle disabling button to?
oh wait your tires will not live as long, oh break pads might wear faster. also
oh good greif engnie temp might go up 1C if you go over 140kph, but we cant have that now can we.... nono not in a C63
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 AM
kip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
What I have been saying all along that the "Program Mode Selector" in which it switches the Hydraulic gear "Should Only be changed" when in the "P" park position. You can find the detailed information in your owners manual under "control in details" pp 125
This same text is on the E55 manual as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Zod
Tell me why u own a C63 please
are you affraid of the yellow triangle disabling button to?
oh wait your tires will not live as long, oh break pads might wear faster. also
oh good greif engnie temp might go up 1C if you go over 140kph, but we cant have that now can we.... nono not in a C63
For starters, I think the C63 speaks for itself and there's no need to answer why As far as being afraid uumm lets see Oh yeah Camel's spitting in my eye Do you have similar fears in Kuwait?

FYI...The post was for people to be alerted to the fact that it "might" cause damage in the long run, and from what I was also advised at my dealership. But if you're busy building sand castles and watching camel racing then you shouldn't have anything to worry about! And just to make you feel at home look below Oh Yes A C63 in Sand... but sorry its in NY Good Luck out there!

Last edited by dlbello; 10-09-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:05 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
For starters, I think the C63 speaks for itself and there's no need to answer why As far as being afraid uumm lets see Oh yeah Camel's spitting in my eye Do you have similar fears in Kuwait?

FYI...The post was for people to be alerted to the fact that it "might" cause damage in the long run, and from what I was also advised at my dealership. But if you're busy building sand castles and watching camel racing then you shouldn't have anything to worry about! And just to make you feel at home look below Oh Yes A C63 in Sand... but sorry its in NY Good Luck out there!
Quite a tone you got there dlbello.. do you have the means to make these types of remarks outside of the cyber space as well? I am not an Arab but your remarks are condescending, rude, stereotypical and racist. I don't think that is acceptable behavior, considering the fact that you keep on referring to yourself as an older individual in your other posts.

At the moment you don't seem any different than the 12 year old kids we get around here telling us about the lamborghinis they are buying. Grow up and cut the crap.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Almost a Member!

05' 997 C2S cabriolet; 08' white C63
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
+2, it's likely a liability issue (and yes I also read that paragraph in the owner's manual, after already switching on the fly.) MB probably wants to guard against any sudden downshift (by the computer changing programs) that could throw off the driver.
+3, it just an liability issue. The manual ,probably,has been proof-read by those MB lawyers for more than 100 times. MB just don't want to be blamed for causing any accident. You know people like to sue when they have accident.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:42 PM

'09 C63
This is true just like smoking, if it was really bad for us they would just SO our lips closed... hummm yeah makes sense
you mean "sew"
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by mrtesting
Quite a tone you got there dlbello.. do you have the means to make these types of remarks outside of the cyber space as well? I am not an Arab but your remarks are condescending, rude, stereotypical and racist. I don't think that is acceptable behavior, considering the fact that you keep on referring to yourself as an older individual in your other posts.

At the moment you don't seem any different than the 12 year old kids we get around here telling us about the lamborghinis they are buying. Grow up and cut the crap.
If you noticed my sarcastic response was directed toward ZOD's idiotic comment and Not for anyone else so my apologies if you feel this way or for that matter anyone else on here. So tell me calling someone a "Pig with pink lipstick" annoy you also? I wondering if you emailed the Democratic party for that? Oh well, no harm done just responding to some idiots on here with a twist of humor so please lighten up a bit.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
If you noticed my sarcastic response was directed toward ZOD's idiotic comment and Not for anyone else so my apologies if you feel this way or for that matter anyone else on here. So tell me calling someone a "Pig with pink lipstick" annoy you also? I wondering if you emailed the Democratic party for that? Oh well, no harm done just responding to some idiots on here with a twist of humor so please lighten up a bit.
My friend you are either new to this whole internet business or you are just plain rude and don't care much about what you say to other people. I am not one to defend or fight for anyone here, but what "Zod" said to you, you can actually sense the notion of sarcasm in his way of writing and approaching your remarks, he was sarcastic about your CAR.. not you, your heritage, family, race or where you stand in the society. However you automatically pull out the lame camel jokes and you begin to verbally harass him just because he lives in Kuwait, and then you call it sarcasm.

And if by "pig with pink lipstick" you are referring to the counter remarks of a political representative, then no, I could not care less.

It is people like you who give the United States a bad image. What you or likes of you call humor these days is nothing but a mere cover up for modern day racial categorization.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:12 PM

C 55
I hate to see people arguing, internet - real life etc.

Its really hard to make out tone and expression via the internet.... I'm sure the OP had the best intentions when making the thread and so did each person who responded.

IMHO

Enjoy the car with or without button.......
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Zod's comments seamed directed at dbello...putting him down. Dbello reacted with comments he should not have. There is no room for racial sarcasm or inuendo. Zod-chill out. Dbello-stick to accepted fighting words.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Zod's comments seamed directed at dbello...putting him down. Dbello reacted with comments he should not have. There is no room for racial sarcasm or inuendo. Zod-chill out. Dbello-stick to accepted fighting words.
+1
100% agreed.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 PM

In conclusion, (after a couple back seat members rudely chimed in without any positive input, wasting our time) Have we made a final determination or did anyone find factual information to the infamous "Program Mode Selector"? Let me start by saying, I could care less if I had a lease, but I don't.
And I don't know if I want to except words like "most likely" or "probably" So, has anyone communicated or has responded from the MB lounge in regards to this issue? And please let me point out, even though the on-board computer is tied into the "Mode selector" in the end its the Hydraulic gear which will engage on the fly causing gears to slam into each other. The key word is "Hydraulic" high pressure switching, which I've had some experience with in the past.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
In conclusion, (after a couple back seat members rudely chimed in without any positive input, wasting our time) Have we made a final determination or did anyone find factual information to the infamous "Program Mode Selector"? Let me start by saying, I could care less if I had a lease, but I don't.
And I don't know if I want to except words like "most likely" or "probably" So, has anyone communicated or has responded from the MB lounge in regards to this issue? And please let me point out, even though the on-board computer is tied into the "Mode selector" in the end its the Hydraulic gear which will engage on the fly causing gears to slam into each other. The key word is "Hydraulic" high pressure switching, which I've had some experience with in the past.
Ummm...Quick thought: doesn't that "hydraulic gear" engagement to which you are referring also engage the gears when shifting up and down normally whilst driving? I hate to break it to you, but no matter what rationale anyone uses, changing from one program mode to another is going to do absolutely nothing to your precious hydraulic system.

Remember, your car was made in Germany, not China, and is therefore not made of porcelain.

Why don't you just not drive your car at all in order to avoid the improbable chance that you may blow a cylinder while driving...

I'm with "the guy from Kuwait"
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Ummm...Quick thought: doesn't that "hydraulic gear" engagement to which you are referring also engage the gears when shifting up and down normally whilst driving? I hate to break it to you, but no matter what rationale anyone uses, changing from one program mode to another is going to do absolutely nothing to your precious hydraulic system.

Remember, your car was made in Germany, not China, and is therefore not made of porcelain.

Why don't you just not drive your car at all in order to avoid the improbable chance that you may blow a cylinder while driving...

I'm with "the guy from Kuwait"
If you care to listen (Hit the Mode selector switch, when you're Not moving) You'll see its a different sound from a normal gear change. But I guess you're like some others (careless) whom prefer to have there head in the sand, please excuse the Pun. I'm just looking for some valid answers, I'm not here to start an augment so please don't respond unless its constructive.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
4 years of driving these cars, regularly changing modes on the fly, and zero problems! You've heard it many times now. If you must, call MBUSA tech consultant yourself and get the answer you're looking for. Or, just be cautious and change the mode in your car only whilst stopped. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
If you care to listen (Hit the Mode selector switch, when you're Not moving) You'll see its a different sound from a normal gear change.

There's going to be some noise and movement because what's happening when you do that is the car is going from 2nd to 1st at a stop, as you switch from "C" to "S." It's just the tranny changing gears at standstill. It should feel somewhat similar to the noise/sensation you feel when you switch from "P" to "R", eh?

Hope I don't sound arrogant, just trying to help out and ease your fears...
see this is me with a friendly smile ---------->
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
doesn't that "hydraulic gear" engagement to which you are referring also engage the gears when shifting up and down normally whilst driving
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
If you care to listen (Hit the Mode selector switch, when you're Not moving) You'll see its a different sound from a normal gear change.
I would like to bring your attention to this picture.

I don't think in the near price range of our cars you will find anything more delicate and fragile than a Ferrari.. so to conclude, if you can change modes in a Ferrari while driving, I am more than a 100% positive that you can change modes in a C-Class AMG. Of course my logic behind that thought process is the extreme computing that is embedded into these modern day cars. However as others have repeatedly also mentioned, if you are worried about changing modes you have a few options:

a) Park the car in the garage and let it eat dust.
b) Don't change modes as you are driving.
c) Call or go to the tech centre at your dealership and ask and get reassurance.
d) Listen to the people here telling you from experience that nothing will happen.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 AM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Wow....I forgot what the thread is about, but I have a new desktop background.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Almost a Member!

AMG C63 AMG White
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Spoke to my AMG service tech guy and he said, if that were the case the car would never allow you to do this, said this tranny was designed to do so, continue doing so as this will NOT harm your tranny and if it were to have any problem it is surely covered under the warranty, no questions asked.
i love your wheels..i know the european model has these wheels and i am assuming you live in canada so how did you get those wheels..thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 AM

To all, thanks for your input except for a few Axx wipes along the way. I was trying to get to the bottom of what was factual, I'd hate to rip up a tranny from the get-go. And I was not trying to be **** (I know sometimes things come across that way, but a couple of (Italian) back hands and all is well, lol) The truth in the matter is I'm from Brooklyn, NY and far from being ****.

BTW... That Ferrari is incredible, I've driven them but never owned one, I can tell you as a proud Italian (and named after one of Ferrari's great cars) I can say that Italians make the very Best of everything... But for today, Merc rules my world! I love this car!!! : > ))))))))))

Last edited by dlbello; 10-10-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
in other news......that ferrari is NUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM

bike

BTW... That Ferrari is incredible, I've driven them but never owned one, I can tell you as a proud Italian (and named after one of Ferrari's great cars) I can say that Italians make the very Best of everything... But for today, Merc rules my world! I love this car!!! : > ))))))))))
Well, saying the Italians make the very best of everything is reaching. They sure know how to make a beautiful car, but when it comes to quality and reliability, they leave something to be desired.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
Well, saying the Italians make the very best of everything is reaching. They sure know how to make a beautiful car, but when it comes to quality and reliability, they leave something to be desired.
OK... lets re-phase, Almost every signal thing along with fine wine, food, clothing, culture, art, Carrrrs, I meant all around everything
Old 10-12-2008, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Just went out and tried switching modes while not in park... my transmission fell out from underneath the car, thanks everyone. Nah, just kidding.

I also read in my manual that you shouldn't change will not in park.

Um, with the Ferrari's and Porsche: don't does also control other components besides transmission. Also, maybe those were designed to allow for change while not in park. The mercedes system could just be designed differently. I just drive the damn thing in sport all the time anyway cause the throttle has such shiity response when in C, especially since it's a 320. Even in S when the computer adapts it sucks. I hate this computer adaptation crap ("it learns how you drive. Oh ya, all it needs to learn is how to give me a bj while driving), wish I could just strip the stupid thing out and let me drive the way I want (I guess that's the nice thing about the M mode you guys have. I really see an advantage with stick shift here).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SWITCHING THE "PROGRAM MODE SELECTOR" (C) (S) (M) YOU NEED TO BE STOPPED!