C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get Performance Package or Not? Why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Should I get Performance Package or Not? Why?

should i get pp for 09 c63?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 AM

AMG C63
You at least need the LSD if youre going to track or drive it spiritedly.
If you can the best way is to drive both
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Almost a Member!

AMG C63 AMG White
Originally Posted by wuyichao
should i get pp for 09 c63?
not worh it..to me atleast..
Old 10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
I wished they broke up the package and sold them seperatly like in the European modells, I would like to have the LSD.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 AM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
NO question it is well worth it to me. A lot has been posted on this so please see the other posts on this topic.

I found - driving a full PP back-to-back with a non-PP - that the ride in the full PP was a bit more controlled and turn in a bit quicker. I drive in New York City and the roads are terrible (and that is where I did the back-to-back) and found the full PP great. And driving it for the better part of a few weeks now I am glad I did spec it.

My subjective thoughts - but I did drive both back-to-back and put my money down on the full PP so I am speaking from actual experience. Your milage may vary......
Old 10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am a definte on the LSD and a suspension can't be stiff enough for me,but the car must be lowered and that take's new springs.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by Deeroff
NO question it is well worth it to me. A lot has been posted on this so please see the other posts on this topic.

I found - driving a full PP back-to-back with a non-PP - that the ride in the full PP was a bit more controlled and turn in a bit quicker. I drive in New York City and the roads are terrible (and that is where I did the back-to-back) and found the full PP great. And driving it for the better part of a few weeks now I am glad I did spec it.

My subjective thoughts - but I did drive both back-to-back and put my money down on the full PP so I am speaking from actual experience. Your milage may vary......
You forgot, "Images" in the mirror are closer than they appear
Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 PM

09 C63
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
I wished they broke up the package and sold them seperatly like in the European modells, I would like to have the LSD.
Me too. I didn't really care for anything but the LSD. However, Simon at Evosport may have something in store for us in the near future. I was betting on Quaife from the get go anyways.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
Me too. I didn't really care for anything but the LSD. However, Simon at Evosport may have something in store for us in the near future. I was betting on Quaife from the get go anyways.
Yes, thats a good thing. I remember you asking about that.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
passcheco

Not worth it really (too bad was not available when I got my, (Like power mirrors, 19" rims, etc) get it all, load the sucker to hilt, at least you can brag about it hahaha.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
How does the PP ride compare to the E92 4-door? Firmer?

I don't know anything about brakes. Will the brakes in the PP reduce my stopping distances during normal street driving, or is it more track oriented to reduce fade?

We all know that the M3 is superior on the track. Is the PP the equalizer?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:09 AM

C63AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
We all know that the M3 is superior on the track.
In your mind. Go buy a BM. Does it have a cassette for engine sound?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:02 AM

09 c63

same here, got the PP and I say its a must.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lomita
In your mind. Go buy a BM. Does it have a cassette for engine sound?
I don't own either. But isn't that the general consensus based on stock for stock out in the track?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 AM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
Originally Posted by Sincity
I don't own either. But isn't that the general consensus based on stock for stock out in the track?
So many variables - equal drivers on a tight circuit perhaps the M might show better times, but mid or longer circuit (even with technical corners) should yield better times in the C63 with PP. But we are talking tenth of a second, not gobs of time.

I used to race an RX-7 - and I loved the foot down, all around perpective - it was light and revved but had no real HP and no torque at all - I would kill the 911s in my class though for some reason on tight courses. For the same reason, I love to drive my Scuderia on the track - very light and agile and rev happy. I carry so much speed thru the turns in the same way I suspect the M would.

I do spend time on the track and if I only had my daily driver to track and sent out (and raced, more importantly) tons (ie more than a few times per year), I would have done the M3; however, if it is just an occasional track day, the C63 would be fast and entertaining, if not the fastest in class.

And, from a daily driver point-of-view, there is nothing that can touch the C63 IMHO. It is awesome.

Just my opinion, though.....
Old 10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just my opinion, though.....
I'll put your opinion in high regard since you have an awesome stable.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 AM

AMG C63
Sincity any brake package you get with the C63 is going to be better than the brake package on the BMW unless you get a 09 with the Brembo kit.
For some reason BMW has stayed with the Single piston brake setup even for its high performance cars. THe M3 brakes have to be ungraded for track driving or even in my opinion high performance mountain driving(want your brakes to fade coming down Mt Charly)
Look up any posts regarding a E92 M3 going to the track (heaven FORBID!!!!)
and you will hear about brake fade in the end of the first session and gone for the second session. THere is not enough brake area or pad area or air venting to dissapate the heat and then you boil the fluid which induces fade.
You need a different pad and a fluid change at the minimum to get that car safely on the track and for that matter OFF the track WARNING dont ask that question on any BMW board if you dont want to be called all the names in the book

The Std AMG brake package is great. The front rotors are only millimeters smaller than my HUGE brakes on my GT3. I think the Porsche rotors were 380 mm and the AMGs are like 360mm or bigger. The fronts on mine are vented and drilled. The back rotors are drilled vented and slotted. It probably could use a better fluid because if the fluid gets too hot and boils it really causes problems with the anti lock computer. So a cheap fluid like ATE Blue would be great.
The stocker AMG brakes are great and the car has alot of air flow from the front bumper and the side air vents.
The PP brakes I believe have iron rotors and aluminum hubs those are supposed to dissipate heat better with the composite materials . I dont know but any little bit helps. Either way I think your going to be fine. I would GUESS the AMG brakes are the biggest on ANY four door sedan in the world. I am guessing but I bet I aint too far off.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 AM

AMG ML63, M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe, New Audi TT, Audi R8 (coming)
I just posted the link to our recent V8 saloons review where we tested and lived with the C63 (with performance pack) for a week and then compared it against E90 M3, Lexus IS-F, B7 RS4 and E39 M5.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/265555-dr-feature-v8-saloons-c63-vs-m3-vs-isf-rs4-m5.html

I preferred the C63 with performance pack over the standard C63 Estate we ran a few months ago. Unsurprisingly the performance pack version was quicker around the circuit, but it was also more tactile to drive at slower speeds and some of the details just add to the whole C63 experience.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:23 AM

C63
thanks for all the advices! i got my car with CC trim and PP. I can't wait until its broken in. A BMW dealer from Long Island offered me 60k on a manual fully loaded M3, blk/red, CF leather, non-vert, with .9% fianancing. very very tempting... too bad, I couldn't stop thinking the exhaust sound when I test drove the C63.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks PaulGT3 for that explanation.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 PM

C63AMG
Thumbs up There It Is In A Nutshell

Originally Posted by wuyichao
too bad, I couldn't stop thinking the exhaust sound when I test drove the C63.
Exactly my sentiments. Love the C63 AMG exhaust note.