Sponsored by:

Almost perfect, but ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63, 1995 Porsche 911
Almost perfect, but ...

This is the first car that I've owned that I haven't immediately thought of replacing something. Suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc it's all great on the C63, with one exception .. why on earth did they wrap that beautiful D shaped steering wheel in fake leather. We pay good $$$ for a premium car, with great nappa leather covered seats and they match it to a piece of crap man made leather covered steering wheel.
So what are my options? Is a nappa leather covered wheel available? How much for the PP alcantara wheel? Would you trust anyone to recover the stock wheel?

DTD
Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by DDowC63
This is the first car that I've owned that I haven't immediately thought of replacing something. Suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc it's all great on the C63, with one exception .. why on earth did they wrap that beautiful D shaped steering wheel in fake leather. We pay good $$$ for a premium car, with great nappa leather covered seats and they match it to a piece of crap man made leather covered steering wheel.
So what are my options? Is a nappa leather covered wheel available? How much for the PP alcantara wheel? Would you trust anyone to recover the stock wheel?

DTD
Helloo,

Well...#1, where in Toronto are you? When did you get your car?

#2, after a while you'll notice many things that are wrong with the make of this car, but the sound of engine will make you forget all about it.

#3, just let it go and enjoy the "axe murdered with headlights".

#4, I would just leave it as is, and not trust anyone to do anything to the steering wheel, unless if you find some bored italian coach builder.. and about the Alcantara wheel that comes with PP.. its the same steering wheel, it has a good grip, but have in mind that Alcantara will rub off after a while, it absorbs oil and moisture much much faster and once wet it changed color and texture.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:18 PM

AMG C63
Mine has real leather. Did you get the alcantara version with the PPackage.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Because it wears well and alcantara wears horribly. I agree that a good quality leather hide would have been better, but the synthetic stuff just lasts a long time and remember.... The steering wheel and the drivers left side bolster get the most use.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Almost a Member!

AMG C63 AMG White
Originally Posted by LZH
Because it wears well and alcantara wears horribly. I agree that a good quality leather hide would have been better, but the synthetic stuff just lasts a long time and remember.... The steering wheel and the drivers left side bolster get the most use.
the whole interior is horrible..it almost made me change my opinion because of the stupid interior...so cheap and ahhh its killing me..the old c class had much classier interior..
Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM

AMG C63
I have the AMG interior with Nappa leather and its just as good as any other car in this class. Do you not have the leather interior?
Its just as well done as any BMW i have.
These Seats are as good as I have had. They are better than the seats in
my GT3
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 PM
passcheco

My interior is pretty dam good, did you get the AMG leather interior? It comes with a very good Nappa leather. My wife's A6 its not that good. IMO
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
I think one of the main issues is the dashboard, console, upper door panels, etc. which are made of that hideous plastic!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 AM

C63AMG
Anything Else?

Originally Posted by DDowC63

DTD
Might as well get it all out now. Attitude is everything...........