Sponsored by:

[Feeler] c63 Eyelid LEDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by phranksmbz
Sorry you took it the wrong way, i ment it by saying that these "built in caneller LEDs" are a rare upgrade here in the U.S. I understand from your stand point that you could go the other route and just DIY with resistors and heatshrink or whatever you call it but why would PIAA sell their teras for so much? must be quality.
Yeah, I saw that they definately look unique, the LED itself. I'm not smart on LEDs, but I do love the pictures. You know what. Count me in too, because they look fantastic.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:38 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to bash your thread.
PIAA bulbs have always been higher priced than the rest. Their color was one of the most desirable, but their quality was not any better and their tint peeled, and burnt out just as fast as the rest.

Was not shooting at you!!(I'm sorry if came out that way), just directed to the first person to create the price for their disgusting profit. I have plenty of brain power to understand how marketing and business works, however thats not the direction my comment was going toward, but thanks for the light hearted insult. just for fun I'll shoot one back at ya. "Those with enough brains, should know not to take a potential loss before they start selling their product!!" although I'm sure your not that dumb right?

Sorry, but you took my (not inclined to) comment the wrong way. I was asking the forum if anyone knew or if themselves could work well with a soldering gun, meaning it would be a fast/easy way to make some quick cash. Because of a work related injury, damaged nerves in my hands have made them slightly shaky. Otherwise I would not mind spending some of my free time doing this for the forum. I guess i should have stated it as, "if I were able to".

Not lecturing you on LED's, just clarifying to others that it's not "spendy because it must be new technology".

Let's pretend that this were a Honda or Toyota forum, do you really think anyone could sell a product like this with a tremendous mark up? (scratch that, theres always a sucker) Just because one can afford to wipe their butt with a $100 bill when their out of tp, doesn't mean that that it would wise decision to pay $100k for a marked up C63, same idea for an inexpensive thing like this.

In all humor, Botox shots cost less than this, and return more cosmetic pleasure than little light bulbs.

RANT OVER! Sorry if I come off as "heated" with this, but reality check?
Best of luck to you selling this, and to those buying, enjoy it to the fullest!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:02 PM

09 c300 4matic
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to bash your thread.
Hey no hard feelings, i accept your apology.

PIAA bulbs have always been higher priced than the rest. Their color was one of the most desirable, but their quality was not any better and their tint peeled, and burnt out just as fast as the rest.
True, but i was speaking of the PIAA Terras only.

Was not shooting at you!!(I'm sorry if came out that way), just directed to the first person to create the price for their disgusting profit. I have plenty of brain power to understand how marketing and business works, however thats not the direction my comment was going toward
Watch how you use your words because everything you said looks like your pertaining to me and "those" who are willing to go this route. You're titled to your own opinion and this is a public thread but keep in mind that you did bash by adding negative responses.

thanks for the light hearted insult. just for fun I'll shoot one back at ya. "Those with enough brains, should know not to take a potential loss before they start selling their product!!" although I'm sure your not that dumb right?
Right! But even a more wise business man told me that getting some is better than none. I know that i would be taking a loss. $46 or so? means nothing to me. What is more important is that i will gain the respect and trust from the buyer for others to see. Plus, not many people have access to these and im sure people would pay the same price i did if they needed to. Its by choice and there's more to it but judging by your knowledge i dont think you would understand. No offense.

Sorry, but you took my (not inclined to) comment the wrong way. I was asking the forum if anyone knew or if themselves could work well with a soldering gun, meaning it would be a fast/easy way to make some quick cash. Because of a work related injury, damaged nerves in my hands have made them slightly shaky. Otherwise I would not mind spending some of my free time doing this for the forum. I guess i should have stated it as, "if I were able to".
I did take it the wrong way, you were not that specific and therefore this is part 2 to that paragraph because you didnt approch it this way. Its like 2 totally different responses to me? Thanks to admiting to it but [TIP] if you go delete your post its like it never happend.

Let's pretend that this were a Honda or Toyota forum, do you really think anyone could sell a product like this with a tremendous mark up? (scratch that, theres always a sucker) Just because one can afford to wipe their butt with a $100 bill when their out of tp, doesn't mean that that it would wise decision to pay $100k for a marked up C63, same idea for an inexpensive thing like this.
First of all, these new LED bulbs are made specificaly for our german cars. I know that you are using Honda/Toyota for examples but its a whole different situation. Your examples of a marked up c63 doesnt make any sense either because you cant even compare the two? and botox WTF?? please explaine im dying to hear your explination?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:10 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Do you have anymore pictures of the units themselves? close ups of the board and the parts, I can probably make myself of set of these at work when we have some down time. If you have anymore pics I would appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
I have'nt seen the LEDs light yet from Japan but I bet theres a big difference coz I installed the PIAA 194/168 bulbs in my car and I saw the difference right away, the stocks ones are yellowish and the piaa wedge bulb are whitish but not that bright compared to the LEDs from Japan.

Regarding the price, I know its kinda pricey coz its MADE IN JAPAN, NOT MADE IN CHINA...LOL joke
Old 10-18-2008, 10:13 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Yeah, anyone able to validate that part number? Looks like a MB tool number, not a valid part number.

If they are the "same" replacement LED's for the SLK, y'all might wanna shop around a bit, they run about $45 a pair.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by UK-C200
Yeah, anyone able to validate that part number? Looks like a MB tool number, not a valid part number.

If they are the "same" replacement LED's for the SLK, y'all might wanna shop around a bit, they run about $45 a pair.
Someone from here already checked that part no. from a MB dealership and they said it does'nt exist. But MB Japan has that part no. I dunno why.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:32 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Hey no hard feelings, i accept your apology.

True, but i was speaking of the PIAA Terras only.

Watch how you use your words because everything you said looks like your pertaining to me and "those" who are willing to go this route. You're titled to your own opinion and this is a public thread but keep in mind that you did bash by adding negative responses.

Right! But even a more wise business man told me that getting some is better than none. I know that i would be taking a loss. $46 or so? means nothing to me. What is more important is that i will gain the respect and trust from the buyer for others to see. Plus, not many people have access to these and im sure people would pay the same price i did if they needed to. Its by choice and there's more to it but judging by your knowledge i dont think you would understand. No offense.

I did take it the wrong way, you were not that specific and therefore this is part 2 to that paragraph because you didnt approch it this way. Its like 2 totally different responses to me? Thanks to admiting to it but [TIP] if you go delete your post its like it never happend.

First of all, these new LED bulbs are made specificaly for our german cars. I know that you are using Honda/Toyota for examples but its a whole different situation. Your examples of a marked up c63 doesnt make any sense either because you cant even compare the two? and botox WTF?? please explaine im dying to hear your explination?

PIAA LED's are constructed very well! I cant speak for Terra version, as I have never seen them before.

Part 2, not really, just explaining why I'm not inclined to do it.

I dont want to get into the details of marketing, and I can appreciate the fact that they are currently exclusive to the W204 and possibly other new model MB's, but that still doesn't mean they should be marked up so grossly, compared to what they might priced at if Toyota/Honda had the same type of over complicated technology. Does that mean there needs to be an overly complicated solution, not necessarily. its a .25 cent piece of technology to overcome the problem. The higher price of the car, the higher price of the parts? No thats just

I thought the C63 was a pretty clear point. You mentioned for me not to bash those who can afford to make this as an option for themselves, but if one can afford to pay a huge mark up (doen't matter the dollar level), I don't feel it makes sense to, but if its worth it to others, then go for it! Just my opinion. Yes there are vast differences between C63 and the bulbs, and one can argue the "value" of the markup, but you get the point.

Botox was a joke. I say theres more cosmetic value to getting Botox for less $$ than the cosmetic value of having a different colored light bulb that you only see in the dark and rarely get to see yourself. But hey if the ego feels better...
Old 10-18-2008, 11:41 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
BTW its good to be able to have a well mannered argument without getting all immature like in some other forums with younger testy kids. Oh, btw I'm 23 and not a unik, lol.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Almost a Member!

I can get it $240 + shipping directly from JAPAN...
If you guys are interested, you guys can pm me
I can also get the License plate LED (no error) from Brex 150+ SHIPPING too
PM me if interested

Last edited by ricky123hk2002; 10-19-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by ricky123hk2002
I can get it $240 + shipping directly from JAPAN...
If you guys are interested, you guys can pm me
I can also get the License plate LED (no error) from Brex 150+ SHIPPING too
PM me if interested
Exactly what are you able to get? Part number please?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Almost a Member!

I can get the license plate LED this one

It use 37mm bulbs. 150usd+shipping

And the other one is for the eye lids use...and it is T10 model LED for benz use...

if you want a pair only, then it will be 140usd+shipping
If you want two pairs. then it will be 240usd+shipping
Old 10-19-2008, 05:13 AM

09 c300 4matic
I can get the license plate LED this one

It use 37mm bulbs. 150usd+shipping

And the other one is for the eye lids use...and it is T10 model LED for benz use...

if you want a pair only, then it will be 140usd+shipping
If you want two pairs. then it will be 240usd+shipping

There we go, someone who can help... well cross out the license bulbs because the w204 takes 194/168. I tried going thru office-kk if thats your hook up, they say they will take bank wires but have no swift code so i left them alone. I heard mixed reviews from people that brex is cheap but cant vouch for it because i havent used them my self.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Almost a Member!

O no I just use the pic from them.
It is not hook up tho.
I just ask my fd in japan to buy it.
He will charge some money for it of cuz..
I don't get anything tho-.-
I take paypal tho...
and i will work out with my fd...

So the license plate one use the same one as the eye lids?

Type A right? If yes then i guess ppl need 2 pairs to complete the eye lids and license plate tho

Last edited by ricky123hk2002; 10-19-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:36 AM

09 c300 4matic
oh i see, cool.

yes the license will be type a.

Let me ask this, can you use type b for our w204?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Almost a Member!

I dunno...
May be we can use it for interior?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:53 AM

09 c300 4matic
Im in the works right now to see if i can get a deal for LEDs (set of 4) w/ built in cancellers for $200+shipping. Its thru a different person and ofcourse id have to test it my self before hooking up everyone else. It wont be OEM Mercedes but just as good or better than Brex. I will keep everyone here posted, those who left a comment and those who pm'd me.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Yea there is a cheaper one...but i doube if ppl can get it for 200+shipping
as it is like 300yen cheaper than brex

but brex was the first one who can produce the LED white ring for BMW...
and many people use it on their bmw before
I guess their product has some quality tho..
Old 10-19-2008, 01:29 PM

Ricky - have you physically seen these (or the brex) type A sticks (the "T10" ones)? Are these the ones with one LED emitter per stick or 2?

I only ask because I can pick up T10 style White LED's with integrated resistors (your "cancellers") for about $5 us wholesale, so I'd sure as heck hope there something really special about a these?

Last edited by UK-C200; 10-19-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:37 PM

2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
hey guys, has any one of u actually taken out the parking light bulbs out yet, coz I am having problems taking out them. Can someone post a DIY guides?
Old 10-19-2008, 03:33 PM

09 c300 4matic

No im not speaking of brex or those. It wont be avail. till November but it will be 200+shipping.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Im in the works right now to see if i can get a deal for LEDs (set of 4) w/ built in cancellers for $200+shipping. Its thru a different person and ofcourse id have to test it my self before hooking up everyone else. It wont be OEM Mercedes but just as good or better than Brex. I will keep everyone here posted, those who left a comment and those who pm'd me.
How easily are the these front LED's installed? and is heat a factor with regards to the housing enclosure? I'm guessing LED's shouldn't put out much heat, mostly likely less then what is already installed.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:42 PM

c63 amg
So, in the end of this conversation. I need the lights for my license plate and I need lights for BOTH of my headlights lines! Please can anyone tell me exactly how much I need to pay, to whom, and when can I get my lights. Will the be plug n play? and no error messages? If so please PM me and we can do this!! I am located in Stoughton, MA 02072 now.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Almost a Member!

I have not seen it in person, but my friend showed me pic before (like other close pic and installed pic). You can see that is 1 LED emitter per stick.
It will cost less than $5usd if u get it wholesale from China...
I am not expert, so i dunno how it works. I just want a product that works.
In my opinion, it might be nothing special... may be just new technology or new product. At least from the picture, you can see that is high quality(may be only stylish) finish of the sticks. It is expensive as they are from JP (I have more confident with JP product as their quality control is quite good)... It is just like PIAA...

Originally Posted by UK-C200
Ricky - have you physically seen these (or the brex) type A sticks (the "T10" ones)? Are these the ones with one LED emitter per stick or 2?

I only ask because I can pick up T10 style White LED's with integrated resistors (your "cancellers") for about $5 us wholesale, so I'd sure as heck hope there something really special about a these?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:52 PM

So I still must be missing the point. You can buy 10 emitter sets for less than $10 usd, and single emitter sets for something under a $1. Why would spending $200 be a good idea?!

Even if you buy without resistor packs, this is like a $40 usd project tops, unless these are some unheard of, unavailable LED's...
Attached Thumbnails [Feeler] c63 Eyelid LEDs-ug410cw.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by UK-C200; 10-19-2008 at 04:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Feeler] c63 Eyelid LEDs