C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C63 Vs. 2008 M3 & THE WINNER IS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by paulGT3
Idangeli

I have to give you one thing. You at leas keep it clean and you are nice about it. You also have kept it adult. I appreciate it/

But you have to understand that for some reason the M3 boys come in here ALL the time and bash the AMG. I just dont believe the M3 is better. Its GOOD, but not up to what I wanted.

It is just every week some one comes in here and goes nuts on the AMG and what I said was true first the M3 boyz came in here ( I dont really believe they have a M3 because they arent adult in their arguements) and when they are convinced they come out with the DCT arguement.
You have diverged from both agruements.
Lets just agree to disagree.

What track are you running in deleware that you are running on stock M3 brakes is it a roundy round?

As far as brake design EVERY team uses a multipiston caliper design. Porsche BMW Merc on the DTM cars Corvette Nissan toyota and all the stock cars. You will see the 09 BMW M3s come out with the same design as the AMG.
Let me make one thing VERY clear. I am not here to BASH any C63 owners at all. This is the first M I've owned. I've been an AMG guy for a long time. Personal preference is I love6 spd. NOW, had MB come out with a C63 in a 6spd.. We'd be having a whole different discussion.

I understand about the brakes, and I hear you. I will most likely try to find an Ceramic upgrade for the M, for the purpose of the track, plus wheels, tires, etc, etc..

I will agree to disagree. And, I appreciate you keeping it adult as I am sure I am probably a little more your senior. I could be wrong, or we may even be close.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Wow...that was one of the most pathetic comparison tests I have ever seen . I am actually a huge fan of the C63...and the M3 is a pretty good car as well in my book... but that "comparison" was a farce. First of all...why in the world were they comparing a convertible to a sedan...I guess they didn't have enough pull to get a coupe let alone the more comparable sedan. Secondly, there was no real weighting of the 5 "rounds". I hate when auto "journalists" try to rationalize their own preferences in subjective areas... they try to do it under the guise that they are reporting rather than editorializing (this isn't unique to just auto journalism). As other have pointed out, both cars are great choices for the respective target market, this article/OP failed ...

Tom
Old 10-24-2008, 02:30 PM

09 C63
Geez you guys.... come on. I was starting to feel pretty down on myself because of the car I picked, with the M3 guys talking so much smack and all, but this article really made me feel like more of a man! Don't be so mean, I feel like my ***** just go six inches longer... now it's a full 8 inches!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM

09 C63
Not making fun here, but these just crack me up... so I thought I'd share... I know... way but

Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 PM

I was forunate to test drive both recently, and have to say each car has its +/-'s . Looks and aesthetics is subjective so each his/her own. (There are people here that can't tell the diff between a female and a transvestite). The Cnet review like posted earlier compared the sedan against the convertible??.. I wouldn't let a group of techies review any car again..Stick with electro gadgets , and computer related stuff ! Both cars are fun to drive , and are appealing to the eye. Altho from experience living near the Arcadia/ South Pasadena California area I've seen about a dozen M3's and maybe 4-5 C63's within the last few months. It doesnt mean squat just my only observation while on Huntington Drive. I Personally drive a 04 545i, and was a diehard BMW Fan , but since driving the Amg E55, Cls55, and now the C63 I've broadened my taste for other luxury sports sedans. Thats whats great about having car manufacturer rivalries. They're challenged to make the best,baddest,cars every 4 years without sacrifice. so far on my picks list are these 2 , 2nd hand E60 M5, Cls-63 amg or E55 AMG. Sorry Audi You just didnt do for me this time!.. All these cars have something to offer each individual person. It all depends what your needs are , and your type of driving style etc...
Since this is a public forum , and the fact this relates to M3 vs. C63 then this would be an appropriate thread to post personal opinions. If this just related to C63 only review then it would be bashing, and side busting lol.. For those who began to tear , and needed a shoulder to cry on due to some different views .. either dont post or try another forum...I'm not trying to defend Idangeli ( I dont even know him/or her). Just wanted to defend the free speech part in the lovely constitution we have , that my brother fought for ( He just got back from IraQ).
And believe me coming from the M5board. I do read alot , and agree with most E60 M5 owners complaints of the M5 : Lack of torque, Slow Idrive, Window controls on the Driver side only, small gas tank....goes on and on ( Trying to show my Unbiased side)..
If only it did'nt have that Growling F-1 sound it would have been outta my list...

O AmgBeleza , the Second to last "Fail" pic the Biker is doing a "Nothing" ( name of trick) He just seems to be quite too far from the bike.. I hope he landed it , and nothing was broken.....

Last edited by E60noless; 10-24-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 10-24-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by E60noless
I was forunate to test drive both recently, and have to say each car has its +/-'s . Looks and aesthetics is subjective so each his/her own. (There are people here that can't tell the diff between a female and a transvestite). The Cnet review like postedearly compared the sedan against the convertible??.. I wouldnt let qa group of techies review any car again..Stick with electro gadgets , and computer related stuff ! Both cars are fun to drive , and are appealing to the eye. Altho from experience living near the Arcadia/ South Pasadena California area I've seen about a dozen M3's and maybe 4-5 C63's within the last few months. It doesnt mean squat just my only observation while on Huntington Drive. I Personally drive a 04 545i, and was a diehard BMW Fan , but since driving the Amg E55, Cls55, and now the C63 I've broadened my taste for other luxury sports sedans. Thats whats great about having car manufacturer rivalries. They're challenged to make the best,baddest,cars every 4 years without sacrifice. so far on my picks list are these 2 , 2nd hand E60 M5, Cls-63 amg or E55 AMG. Sorry Audi You just didnt do for me this time!.. All these cars have something to offer each individual person. It all depends what your needs are , and your type of driving style etc...
Since this is a public forum , and the fact this relates to M3 vs. C63 then this would be an appropriate thread to post personal opinions. If this just related to C63 only review then it would be bashing, and side busting lol.. For those who began to tear , and needed a shoulder to cry on due to some different views .. either dont post or try another forum...I'm not trying to defend Idangeli ( I dont even know him/or her). Just wanted to defend the free speech part in the lovely constitution we have , that my brother fought for ( He just got back from IraQ).
And believe me coming from the M5board. I do read alot , and agree with most E60 M5 owners complaints of the M5 : Lack of torque, Slow Idrive, Window controls on the Driver side only, small gas tank....goes on and on ( Trying to show my Unbiased side)..
If only it did'nt have that Growling F-1 sound it would have been outta my list...

PaulGT3 and I had a similar conversation off line yesterday. We agreed on a lot of points. I don't need defending, but thanks anyway.. My original point, which doesn't much matter now, was that the review or comparison between the two insano cars was biased and un balanced. But, I am NOT saying that the C63 is a pu55y cat and the M3 is the master of all universes. I am saying that the article was lopsided. However, I do notice that there are a lot of M3 owners on many boards who are KIDS and trash every other car but their own, without really being a car enthusiast. I have seen the same from AMG owners. They are ALL opinions bottom line.

The point is to keep it adult when expressing views, no personal attacks, etc. Thank god for free speech, thank god your brother is safe and thank gold for the "Black and Gold". "Sua Sponte"
Old 10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE

I just want to know what is going through this guys head. Is the dirt soft, or oh crap, or this sucks...
Old 10-24-2008, 05:18 PM

AMG C63
It really comes down to taste
AND the comparison wasnt the best I have seen. Really Cnet needs to stick to cell phones.
I mean look at me. I was in the BMW office one WORD away from cutting a deal on a M3 ONE WORD!!
So they are that close enough for me, they are pretty close for the whole market.
I told Idangeli that the only thing is us C63 guys get sensitive when the M3 guys come in here and start up.
I think I got too hot too soon.
The thing is I was out driving the AMG today and its just a killer car. I was hitting some 35mph turns at 75 and no body lean whatso ever. I am tracking next weekend and am so looking forward to it.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by ldangeli
PaulGT3 and I had a similar conversation off line yesterday. We agreed on a lot of points. I don't need defending, but thanks anyway.. My original point, which doesn't much matter now, was that the review or comparison between the two insano cars was biased and un balanced. But, I am NOT saying that the C63 is a pu55y cat and the M3 is the master of all universes. I am saying that the article was lopsided. However, I do notice that there are a lot of M3 owners on many boards who are KIDS and trash every other car but their own, without really being a car enthusiast. I have seen the same from AMG owners. They are ALL opinions bottom line.

The point is to keep it adult when expressing views, no personal attacks, etc. Thank god for free speech, thank god your brother is safe and thank gold for the "Black and Gold". "Sua Sponte"
Ha Ha, I want to keep it adult, no personal attacks,.....your a hypocrite,
you are to blame for these very things.
Nearly every post I make is, turned into an insult personally to me, others
may disagree or not answer but yours is a vendetta.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Good review! Now those guys are sane.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Since I am deeply threatened by any opinion that differs from my own I am really hesitant to view the CNET link. If it is not favorable to the C63 I know in my heart that I'll lash out at others on this board.

The CNET review needs to be completely in favor of all aspects of the C63. Can someone tell me if it is absolutely supportive of the C63? If so I may take a look but only if my therapist also agrees.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Since I am deeply threatened by any opinion that differs from my own I am really hesitant to view the CNET link. If it is not favorable to the C63 I know in my heart that I'll lash out at others on this board.

The CNET review needs to be completely in favor of all aspects of the C63. Can someone tell me if it is absolutely supportive of the C63? If so I may take a look but only if my therapist also agrees.

I think you should go for it mang
Old 10-25-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
I think you should go for it mang
Somebody hold me.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Somebody hold me.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Check the video from impr. M3 vs C63 vs Lexus ISf.
Although the M3 just hedged it, I think the C63 would have won if it did not have the sports pack. Be brave!!

the pen is mightier than the sword
Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by sound 8
Ha Ha, I want to keep it adult, no personal attacks,.....your a hypocrite,
you are to blame for these very things.
Nearly every post I make is, turned into an insult personally to me, others
may disagree or not answer but yours is a vendetta.

What the hell are you talking about or to? Your name never came in to this ever? Put down the peace pipe buddy. I am not even sure what you are referring to..
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by paulGT3
It really comes down to taste
AND the comparison wasnt the best I have seen. Really Cnet needs to stick to cell phones.
I mean look at me. I was in the BMW office one WORD away from cutting a deal on a M3 ONE WORD!!
So they are that close enough for me, they are pretty close for the whole market.
I told Idangeli that the only thing is us C63 guys get sensitive when the M3 guys come in here and start up.
I think I got too hot too soon.
The thing is I was out driving the AMG today and its just a killer car. I was hitting some 35mph turns at 75 and no body lean whatso ever. I am tracking next weekend and am so looking forward to it.
LOL, and what word was that Sign here <---- Look here -----> I think that's how they got me. All sparkles and lights. Hey, how did the track go by the way..

Last edited by ldangeli; 10-29-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Cause I can't spell.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What the hell are you talking about or to? Your name never came in to this ever? Put down the peace pipe buddy. I am not even sure what you are referring to..
you have a very short memory my friend, I have lost count how many
times you have called me a LOW LIFE, A Total ****** etc.
Perhaps I bear grudges too long and your only joking!!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
I've always wondered why CNet reviews cars? I don't think most pundits even consider it as a real review.

In all honesty, they are both great cars. And the great thing about them both is they give drivers the oppurtunity to select the one that's best for them. However (and I'd say the opposite if I was in a M3 forum where guys were overselling their car), the C63 does not "knock out" the M3.

Remember, the C32 & C55 had more power, more torque, the looks and all that jazz. But years later most have concluded that the M3 was not just a better performance car, but upheld it's price significantly better than the AMGs -- even though the M3 outsold the AMGs.

So the cars give consumers the option to own whatever you like. Manual enthusiasts, like me, will never consider the AMG simply because it lacks a manual. Day-to-day drivers may find the M3 boring, whereas track guys will find the C63 chubby. So it all comes down to what you like better and what suits you better.

By the way,

Tee_Tz.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
you have a very short memory my friend, I have lost count how many
times you have called me a LOW LIFE, A Total ****** etc.
Perhaps I bear grudges too long and your only joking!!
Does you getting called out by a dozen other members on another thread have anything to do with this topic? Stop trolling.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Hey fellas, I don't know if any of you are fans of European Car Mag., but I was reading a friends magazine today & they have the three (Audi RS4/BMWM3& C63AMG) going head to head. Short but sweet review & test drives. Merc looks good!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Does you getting called out by a dozen other members on another thread have anything to do with this topic? Stop trolling.
Don't change the subject, you said no personnel attacks, and I am not aware
of getting CALLED out by a dozen members, ,explain.
I have never been insulted by any member except you.
And forget the trolling,that's getting very tiring and childish!!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Don't change the subject, you said no personnel attacks, and I am not aware
of getting CALLED out by a dozen members, ,explain.
I have never been insulted by any member except you.
And forget the trolling,that's getting very tiring and childish!!
Are you still on this? I don't understand.. And saying you're trolling is childish? We can take this offline. This should either be side barred or PM'd, as it has NO bearing on this thread what-so-ever.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What's it got to do with this thread is the fact you stated ,no personal attacks, it has obviously got to you that I have received attacks from you,
others may ignore my posts but for some reason, maybe the thread I posted
months ago is still affecting you whilst everyone has forgotten it.
You know full well I am an MB fanatic, I don't have a Beemer but I tell it like it is, so sorry if you don't like it. If I am trolling prove it!!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You said this!!
Trolling is the most inappropriate word.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 C63 Vs. 2008 M3 & THE WINNER IS....