C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C63 Vs. 2008 M3 & THE WINNER IS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG & RR
Thumbs up 2009 C63 Vs. 2008 M3 & THE WINNER IS....

For those who are still not sure which one wins, check this out: http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-10863_7...er;pf_left_nav

Merc-Skycap

Last edited by Merc-Skycap; 10-22-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE

I couldn't disagree more with a lot of the findings here. C63 is one bad azz car but every other rag-tag has the M3 over the C. Now, not to mention they didn't compare the 09 to 09, which puts the hard drive in the dash for the M, improves the iDrive with more buttons, less turning, the iPod comes up on the screen with song, artist, title on the M, not the C. The balance to weight ration is better on the M. The C is an all out torque freak.

First they are comparing Vents of a 4-door saloon to that of a 2 door cab?

Second, loads of grip for the C? Every other driver style rag, race or novice says how squirley on the track the C is compared to anything else in its class.

Third, comparing an 09 C to an 08 M's internal nav? Again, see above, the 09 M has the internal hard drive and changes to the iDrive. Still better interaction of communications, nav and iPod.

Fourth - Owning both a 63 and an M, I would take the iDrive over the command any day. But now I am comparing an 08 to an 08. Not like these guys.

Fifth, here we go on price. Although most novice buyers would pay a premium for either car, some out there get nearly 10k off the car. When looking at both cars, the price was the same if not higher on the Benz. 66k I belive for the benz. 61k for the M and they were both loaded.

Listen, I am sure I am in for a flaming. But, I bought my M for a few reasons, Track ready, six speed, handling is more balanced, and price. Besides, i already have an ML63. I have my Beast and baby beast. I was very impressed with the C63, but for a true drivers car, the M was more suited for me. My point here is, when comparing cars, lets make it a truly fair fight. TRULY fair, and how about balanced.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:32 PM

bike
ARARARRARARARAHAGAHAGAHATRARARARAGARAGAHAGARAGQHAG ARAGAHAGA

:threa d:
Old 10-22-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
ARARARRARARARAHAGAHAGAHATRARARARAGARAGAHAGARAGQHAG ARAGAHAGA

:threa d:

You couldn't be more right.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 AM

AMG C63
I shopped the M3 HARD. I was in the BMW salesmanagers office for an hour. I came from the best drivers car in the world as claimed by several magazines.
I have a little bit of experience in high performance cars. I have owned 4 BMWs including the Z4M -ZERO mercedes or AMGs.

This review is spot on. They only thing I can say is the M drivers are as in the last post are running around screaming the sky is falling. Plain and simple I bought the AMG C63 because all around it was the better car. Why cant the BMW guys face it? You have a GREAT car-I have a GREAT car in the 08 335i in the garage. QUIT WHINING! But the fact is AMG came up with a better design and now its time for BMW to respond.

Here is another fact The M3 has inferior brake package for this level of a car.
BMW hides the rotors with many spokes on its M3 wheel. The AMG brakes are track worthy and look SO much better than the M3 single pot caliper the same brake design on the the Toyota Sequoia. I am surprised it doesnt have drum brakes. Go to Mpost and read M3 guys who track their car the first time and read about the brakes being gone. Not enough heat dissipation to
keep the rotor from warping. THEN try to think of ONE race team that uses the BMW brake design for a race car. There arent any. There ARE MANY M drivers that defend the things but you soon find out that NONE of those defenders have tracked their cars. They have washed them countless time but never have been near a race track with the car. As many times as I have been to the track both running and just hanging out I have NEVER seen a M car with out a brake upgrade.
The John Cooper Mini has a better brake package.
But alas BMW knows this (much to the chagrin of M3 guys who dont track) as BMW has signed with Brembo for next year to have the proper multi piston better cooling brakes.
So I guess the 08 M3 drivers will be whining about how the 08 M3 is better than the 09 M3 with the right brakes.

One other thing How is it that on a MERCEDES AMG site that the first two posts are saying that the CNet Showdown is wrong? Go to the M3 site and talk about it. Not here. The Showdown wasnt even close it was a Knockout. All rounds going to the AMG except one that was a tie.

This article came to the same conclusion I did-The AMG C63 is a better performance car than the M3.
Ask Deeroff, he came from 3 Ferraris and bought the AMG C63. How come guys coming from Porsches and Ferraris pick the AMG and guys coming from Acuras with Fart cans like the M3?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
WOOT WOOT Paul - I came off an M Coupe - it can run circles around most M3s - because it can out handle them.

Do I care? no, the C63 is an ALL AROUND better car. We don't live in a world of switchbacks and chicanes, for 95% of us, the world revolves around 90 degree turns and parallel streets. For that, the 63 is a far better tool. Plus - AMG made the stock suspension just right for a daily driver.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:14 AM

2004 Toyota Prius, 2007 Ariel Atom 275, 2009 C63 PP
Originally Posted by paulGT3
I shopped the M3 HARD. I was in the BMW
This article came to the same conclusion I did-The AMG C63 is a better performance car than the M3.
Ask Deeroff, he came from 3 Ferraris and bought the AMG C63. How come guys coming from Porsches and Ferraris pick the AMG and guys coming from Acuras with Fart cans like the M3?
Albeit my first post, but I whole heartedly agree with that. I also shopped both the M3 and the C63, and as a daily driver the C63 crushes the M3 sedan IMO. Its not even close.
Even though I dont have Ferraris or Porches, want to know my track/weekend car? Initials are "AA". Any guesses?

My C63 config btw, is alpine white with ash AMG leather, fully loaded with PP. I cant wait!!

fiesty
Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I like the C63 better but.....

Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I shopped the M3 HARD. I was in the BMW salesmanagers office for an hour. I came from the best drivers car in the world as claimed by several magazines.
I have a little bit of experience in high performance cars. I have owned 4 BMWs including the Z4M -ZERO mercedes or AMGs.

This review is spot on. They only thing I can say is the M drivers are as in the last post are running around screaming the sky is falling. Plain and simple I bought the AMG C63 because all around it was the better car. Why cant the BMW guys face it? You have a GREAT car-I have a GREAT car in the 08 335i in the garage. QUIT WHINING! But the fact is AMG came up with a better design and now its time for BMW to respond.

Here is another fact The M3 has inferior brake package for this level of a car.
BMW hides the rotors with many spokes on its M3 wheel. The AMG brakes are track worthy and look SO much better than the M3 single pot caliper the same brake design on the the Toyota Sequoia. I am surprised it doesnt have drum brakes. Go to Mpost and read M3 guys who track their car the first time and read about the brakes being gone. Not enough heat dissipation to
keep the rotor from warping. THEN try to think of ONE race team that uses the BMW brake design for a race car. There arent any. There ARE MANY M drivers that defend the things but you soon find out that NONE of those defenders have tracked their cars. They have washed them countless time but never have been near a race track with the car. As many times as I have been to the track both running and just hanging out I have NEVER seen a M car with out a brake upgrade.
The John Cooper Mini has a better brake package.
But alas BMW knows this (much to the chagrin of M3 guys who dont track) as BMW has signed with Brembo for next year to have the proper multi piston better cooling brakes.
So I guess the 08 M3 drivers will be whining about how the 08 M3 is better than the 09 M3 with the right brakes.

One other thing How is it that on a MERCEDES AMG site that the first two posts are saying that the CNet Showdown is wrong? Go to the M3 site and talk about it. Not here. The Showdown wasnt even close it was a Knockout. All rounds going to the AMG except one that was a tie.

Actually I came from Porsche's and Ferrari's. I own and have owned AMG's in the past. I chose the M as a fun track car. And no I am not saying Cnet is wrong, that is the opinion of two guys. Car and driver, autosport and a ton of other rag tags claim the M3 is the better of the cars. That is their opinion as well. So, who is right? C63 owners or M owners? Neither its an OPINION. Its funny how this particular forum, the C63 forum, can't see outside the box and accept any objective opinions on two cars side by side. Or as long as it favors the C. Seriously I love my AMG, its a beast, but I looked at a car for a specific reason. To track it. IMHO the CNET article is rubbish as most of the items they were talking to have little or no validity. Side vents? Really? The C63 is an absoulte wonderful, fantastic, superdooper, outstanding, best car in the world. There is that better? From one AMG to others....
Old 10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Oh my oh my. The sky really is falling isn't it..

"The rumor mill has been abuzz with talks of a BMW-Daimler tie-up, which appear to have finally come to fruition. Fresh off their partnership to develop hybrid drivetrain technology, BMW and Daimler will now join forces in the purchase of some vehicle components."

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-merc...in-forces.html
Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Mercedes have got it wrong trying to emulate an M3 with the C63.
They should do what they do best. I have driven the C63 and I have spoken to others who have. The ride is to harsh, the car is too raw. They should have made it like a mini E55 instead of trying to compete with the handling on an M3.The C63 looks good but needs different suspension and perhaps
a supercharged or turbo engine. We don't need two similar cars.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:50 PM

bike
Originally Posted by sound 8
Mercedes have got it wrong trying to emulate an M3 with the C63.
They should do what they do best. I have driven the C63 and I have spoken to others who have. The ride is to harsh, the car is too raw. They should have made it like a mini E55 instead of trying to compete with the handling on an M3.The C63 looks good but needs different suspension and perhaps
a supercharged or turbo engine. We don't need two similar cars.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
Right back at ya!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
man, you guys make my head hurt. as a multiple-time former m3 owner, i see this all the time...why do m3 guys always feel the need to boast that their car is anything other than the best?

Bottom line man, the C63 and M3 are competitors. The C63 IS more than just a straight line monster, it handles well, brakes well, rides well and is a great car all around. The M3 is a great car too. They are both great cars, some like certain features more than others. To me, I like the tq more than the high revs. I like the sound of the engine vs the ipod feature. I like the interior look of the C better than the M.

Bottom line...to each their own. I have never seen a more defensive and uppity enthusiast group than M3 drivers. Always concerned with what others perceive their car to be. Who cares.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by rory breaker
man, you guys make my head hurt. as a multiple-time former m3 owner, i see this all the time...why do m3 guys always feel the need to boast that their car is anything other than the best?

Bottom line man, the C63 and M3 are competitors. The C63 IS more than just a straight line monster, it handles well, brakes well, rides well and is a great car all around. The M3 is a great car too. They are both great cars, some like certain features more than others. To me, I like the tq more than the high revs. I like the sound of the engine vs the ipod feature. I like the interior look of the C better than the M.

Bottom line...to each their own. I have never seen a more defensive and uppity enthusiast group than M3 drivers. Always concerned with what others perceive their car to be. Who cares.
Rory, never did I say my M3 is better then the C63 or the best I WOULD however take my old 911TT over both anyday. What I said was IMHO it was better to ME. I honestly don't care. I was meerly disagreeing with an article written by two individuals. I for a fact know that the M3 isn't the fastest car out there. Like you say, to each's own..
Old 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM

Porsche Boxster S
PaulGT3, this post is directed towards you.

I am in the shopping phase for a new car (probably won't pull the trigger until next Spring) and I am really between the M3 and C63. I believe the C63 is the better car in many ways, for the reasons stated earlier in this post. However, my big hurdle is the lack of manual transmission. I use a Boxster S as a track car and was thinking this car would be both a daily driver and a track car.

So the question is.... Does the auto perform well enough for the track? Are the delays annoying? Do you miss the ultimate control of a manual?

It's going to be hard for me to leave a manual just because of the 'involvement' factor. But the C63 is a great car.

Thoughts?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I kind of feell like....

Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair.

Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth.

Oh, really, fool? Really.

Stop looking at me, swan.

Care of Billy Madison..
Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM

AMG C63
Dburton
based on my test drives I am hoping so. That the Auto is track worthy.
I just came back off a hard drive and in sport and shifting when I want to,
the auto was plenty fun. Now is it as fun as the GT3 manny....no. I dont like the way the auto shifts when I am not expecting it too. HOWEVER now that I have learned a few things like shifting early(5000) in shifts 1-2 and at 6000 in 2-3 and up I think it will work. I am going to the track next weekend with a friend with the Black series. He tracks his all the time with the 7 speed auto. He wants the software download off the C63 because he likes it better.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:14 PM

AMG C63
ldangeli

The difference in the M3s and the AMGs is that the AMG guys post their OPINIONS HERE in the AMG forums. We dont run all over the place and cross post in M forums and GTR forums etc etc. Thats whats maddening. The M3 guys are in the Porsche forums the Nissan forums the Corvette forums posting the same schit. Then when its proven the car is not as good as the
<enter your car here> then its WAIT till the DCT comes out then it will kick your
<enter your car here>
But you are saying you like the manual better which is decidely slower than the C63.
I have had 4 (still have 2 of them including an 08 E90) and its NOT AS GOOD
nor is the M.

The other point you made is you owned AMGs in the PAST. Thats irrelevant.
THIS AMG is the FIRST AMG to be co designed by AMG from scratch. Instead of the typical in the past Send the merc over to AMG and have them look at it.

And for you to say the AMG brakes are meh. The AMG Brakes are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE better than the M3 brakes. The M3 brakes are the same silly over boosted single pot calipers that come on a Toyota RAV4!!!
The AMG brakes are VERY similar to what was on a Non PCCB Porsche
GT3 SAME size Same piston count. ITS silly to compare BMW brakes to AMG brakes. That tells me you don't know what you're talking about.
BMW had to sign with BREMBO to correct the problem of having a Track ready car without track worth brakes period. Have you EVER been to the track and seen a M3 run with stock brakes? I havent? they all have Brembo or StopTech upgrades.WHY? So they can last more than ONE session!!
AGAIN Show me ONE race team WORLD WIDE (wouldnt want to limit you)
that uses a stock BMW brake package at the track, EVEN in practice.
I agree that once that is done the M3 is ready to go at the track.

If you havent owned the 09 AMG C63 as well as a M like I have then you cant blatanly say the M is better. IF you DO want to be my guest Just do it in your OWN forum. Go tell it on the mountain at Bimmerfest and I wont bother you.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
ldangeli

The difference in the M3s and the AMGs is that the AMG guys post their OPINIONS HERE in the AMG forums. We dont run all over the place and cross post in M forums and GTR forums etc etc. Thats whats maddening. The M3 guys are in the Porsche forums the Nissan forums the Corvette forums posting the same schit. Then when its proven the car is not as good as the
<enter your car here> then its WAIT till the DCT comes out then it will kick your
<enter your car here>
But you are saying you like the manual better which is decidely slower than the C63.
I have had 4 (still have 2 of them including an 08 E90) and its NOT AS GOOD
nor is the M.

The other point you made is you owned AMGs in the PAST. Thats irrelevant.
THIS AMG is the FIRST AMG to be co designed by AMG from scratch. Instead of the typical in the past Send the merc over to AMG and have them look at it.

And for you to say the AMG brakes are meh. The AMG Brakes are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE better than the M3 brakes. The M3 brakes are the same silly over boosted single pot calipers that come on a Toyota RAV4!!!
The AMG brakes are VERY similar to what was on a Non PCCB Porsche
GT3 SAME size Same piston count. ITS silly to compare BMW brakes to AMG brakes. That tells me you don't know what you're talking about.
BMW had to sign with BREMBO to correct the problem of having a Track ready car without track worth brakes period. Have you EVER been to the track and seen a M3 run with stock brakes? I havent? they all have Brembo or StopTech upgrades.WHY? So they can last more than ONE session!!
AGAIN Show me ONE race team WORLD WIDE (wouldnt want to limit you)
that uses a stock BMW brake package at the track, EVEN in practice.
I agree that once that is done the M3 is ready to go at the track.

If you havent owned the 09 AMG C63 as well as a M like I have then you cant blatanly say the M is better. IF you DO want to be my guest Just do it in your OWN forum. Go tell it on the mountain at Bimmerfest and I wont bother you.
Um PAUL, again you don't know me. A lot of the people including mods on this forum do. This is my first M, FIRST. I wasn't here touting anything. But apparently I don't know what I am talking about. But YOU do. Show me ONE race team world wide that uses REAL mercedes brakes. REAL MB ROTORS and PADS. I can tell you for a fact that the AMG brakes on my ML63 are GARBAGE. Sure the stopping power is fantastic, but what brakes wouldn't be on a third set after 12k miles?

Be your guest? Guest in what? You asked about an ML63 on this forum as opposed to buying an M. I own both. You digress heavily my friend. Heavily. AGAIN for umpteenth time, I never said the C63 wasn't a SUPERB, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, BEST CAR ON EARTH. BJESUS.

I think its funny that I am arguing with people on the forum. I guess that was is great about forums, everyone is right..
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by ldangeli
AGAIN for umpteenth time, I never said the C63 wasn't a SUPERB, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, BEST CAR ON EARTH. BJESUS.
Yea, but all you do is bash the C63 and point out flaws and weaknesses, and exhalt the M3....

You don't seem to know what you are saying anymore...
In reality, for the umpteenth time, you HAVE said those things in your quote!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Yea, but all you do is bash the C63 and point out flaws and weaknesses, and exhalt the M3....

You don't seem to know what you are saying anymore...
In reality, for the umpteenth time, you HAVE said those things in your quote!
I never "bashed" the C63. EVER.. I was actually commenting on two peoples opinions in a CNET??? Article. CNET??? As a matter of fact, I have posted numerous times that the C63 was a BEAST.

Last edited by ldangeli; 10-23-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Hurry up Paul. Start Bashing.. See...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/265516-amg-ml-63-a.html
Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 PM

AMG C63
Idangeli

I have to give you one thing. You at leas keep it clean and you are nice about it. You also have kept it adult. I appreciate it/

But you have to understand that for some reason the M3 boys come in here ALL the time and bash the AMG. I just dont believe the M3 is better. Its GOOD, but not up to what I wanted.

It is just every week some one comes in here and goes nuts on the AMG and what I said was true first the M3 boyz came in here ( I dont really believe they have a M3 because they arent adult in their arguements) and when they are convinced they come out with the DCT arguement.
You have diverged from both agruements.
Lets just agree to disagree.

What track are you running in deleware that you are running on stock M3 brakes is it a roundy round?

As far as brake design EVERY team uses a multipiston caliper design. Porsche BMW Merc on the DTM cars Corvette Nissan toyota and all the stock cars. You will see the 09 BMW M3s come out with the same design as the AMG.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 C63 Vs. 2008 M3 & THE WINNER IS....