C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C63 Vs. 2008 M3 & THE WINNER IS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by sound 8
What's it got to do with this thread is the fact you stated ,no personal attacks, it has obviously got to you that I have received attacks from you,
others may ignore my posts but for some reason, maybe the thread I posted
months ago is still affecting you whilst everyone has forgotten it.
You know full well I am an MB fanatic, I don't have a Beemer but I tell it like it is, so sorry if you don't like it. If I am trolling prove it!!
The only one who hasn't forgot about some post from months ago, is YOU. I am not sure what you are trying to prove here or what you are trying to accomplish, but what you are doing is called TROLLING.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Originally Posted by ldangeli
The only one who hasn't forgot about some post from months ago, is YOU. I am not sure what you are trying to prove here or what you are trying to accomplish, but what you are doing is called TROLLING.
link said post or Ban
Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes
I can think of several words that are more inappropriate than trolling
Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by MG
link said post or Ban
??
Old 10-30-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by M1M2M3
I can think of several words that are more inappropriate than trolling
Me too. D-Bag, Fack Face, Pickle Smuggler, Mingia, the list goes on and on.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Somebody stop the limey from yammering on about an internet grudge he's been holding for months, it's making my headache worse.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Somebody stop the limey from yammering on about an internet grudge he's been holding for months, it's making my headache worse.
Don't call him a limmey. I called him a ****** 3000000 months ago and he is still hell bent on that!

Ready for another range night?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't call him a limmey. I called him a ****** 3000000 months ago and he is still hell bent on that!

I'm there if you want to go tonight.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
I'm there if you want to go tonight.
Perhaps. I will check in with you in a bit..
Old 10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Perhaps. I will check in with you in a bit..
Lemme know. I'm heading to a farm in Pennsy on Saturday to see what Speer Gold Dot +p JHP's do to canteloupes.

Limey must think we're speaking in code, they can't be trusted with guns in the UK.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Lemme know. I'm heading to a farm in Pennsy on Saturday to see what Speer Gold Dot +p JHP's do to canteloupes.

Limey must think we're speaking in code, they can't be trusted with guns in the UK.
Even the "Bobby's" in London don't carry guns...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220

Precisely, you are the one holding the grudge by bringing up the original
thread I posted, now it's insults about Limey's, you notice I/we never
insult our brethren from across the pond.What I am doing is not trolling,
please explain your definition of trolling, I believed it was a thread bashing
MB, not protecting oneself from disgusting insults.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory or irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Edit: Wait I forgot..

Originally Posted by sound 8
you are the one holding the grudge

Last edited by ldangeli; 10-30-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Mods, please lock this thread...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory or irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Well my friend this sounds more like you than me.

All my threads and posts are to give members help, or look for
a problem I have, I also like to give my opinion on various comparison's
between cars, I don't kiss *** I tell it as I know. I have 4 Merc's so
consider my knowledge worth bring to this forum. I appreciate several of
you guys know each other almost like a club, If I were in the states I would
probably like to join, there is nothing like it in the UK. Certainly not Mercedes.
In no way are my threads/posts aimed at inflaming, as far as controversial,
that's the idea of a forum, isn't it? At least I don't personally insult anyone.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...

"I'm not touching you". "I'm not touching you"
Old 10-30-2008, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn...

"I'm not touching you". "I'm not touching you"
Cat got your tongue then!!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by paulGT3
. The AMG Brakes are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE better than the M3 brakes. The M3 brakes are the same silly over boosted single pot calipers that come on a Toyota RAV4!!!
The AMG brakes are VERY similar to what was on a Non PCCB Porsche
GT3 SAME size Same piston count. ITS silly to compare BMW brakes to AMG brakes. That tells me you don't know what you're talking about.
BMW had to sign with BREMBO to correct the problem of having a Track ready car without track worth brakes period. Have you EVER been to the track and seen a M3 run with stock brakes? I havent? they all have Brembo or StopTech upgrades.WHY? So they can last more than ONE session!!
A number of M owners track their cars with the stock brake rotors and calipers. What does need upgrading are the pads and both the M and AMG's alike need a track compound when lapping enthusiastically.

Now, you are correct in saying that the twin-pot calipers of the M cars do need work, hence Brembo coming in. However, your argument seems fervent and slanted in favour of AMG. Calipers alone are not what brakes better, otherwise the 8-piston RS4 would not shuffle around nervously when braking into a turn (great car but I did experience this unsettling movement last year) and also the makers of 12-piston aftermarket brakes would be billionaires.

Finally, brake feel is also important and AMG have been lacking in this over the years. I haven't driven the C63 though so maybe they have fixed this. However, like an M-car, and AMGs brakes won't hold up like a P-cars so you're reaching a bit there.

Now before the inevitable "M fanboy" remarks get thrown out, those who know me here realize that's not the case. As regards my sedan, I'd like a bigger tank, non-jerky take off and, yes, upgraded calipers just so I know I could stop ten times from 100mph to zero ten times rather than five times without brake fade. However, the pros certainly outweigh the cons as they do with the different yet still successful approach of AMGs.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
A number of M owners track their cars with the stock brake rotors and calipers. What does need upgrading are the pads and both the M and AMG's alike need a track compound when lapping enthusiastically.

Now, you are correct in saying that the twin-pot calipers of the M cars do need work, hence Brembo coming in. However, your argument seems fervent and slanted in favour of AMG. Calipers alone are not what brakes better, otherwise the 8-piston RS4 would not shuffle around nervously when braking into a turn (great car but I did experience this unsettling movement last year) and also the makers of 12-piston aftermarket brakes would be billionaires.

Finally, brake feel is also important and AMG have been lacking in this over the years. I haven't driven the C63 though so maybe they have fixed this. However, like an M-car, and AMGs brakes won't hold up like a P-cars so you're reaching a bit there.

Now before the inevitable "M fanboy" remarks get thrown out, those who know me here realize that's not the case. As regards my sedan, I'd like a bigger tank, non-jerky take off and, yes, upgraded calipers just so I know I could stop ten times from 100mph to zero ten times rather than five times without brake fade. However, the pros certainly outweigh the cons as they do with the different yet still successful approach of AMGs.
+1

At least BMW brake pedals are connected to the brakes.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
+1

At least BMW brake pedals are connected to the brakes.
LOL.. Thats just not right. Leave the poor boy alone who had his "accident", you dirty ******..
Old 11-03-2008, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
I've enjoyed AMG's for the past 8 years, but the E92 M3 truly is the total package not to mention the 0.9% financing, M school, and driving a stick is simply too much fun. What good is all that horsepower if you can't sidestep the clutch every once in a while?

A lot of the guys on here choosing the M over the C63 are all established long time MBW members and have owned AMG's for countless years, that says something about how spectacular the new M3 is.

I love Mercedes Benz and AMG, at one point in time I considered getting David Coulthard's name tattooed to my left *** cheek, but i'm going to have to root for Sauber at least for the next few years.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Accord
I've enjoyed AMG's for the past 8 years, but the E92 M3 truly is the total package not to mention the 0.9% financing, M school, and driving a stick is simply too much fun. What good is all that horsepower if you can't sidestep the clutch every once in a while?

A lot of the guys on here choosing the M over the C63 are all established long time MBW members and have owned AMG's for countless years, that says something about how spectacular the new M3 is.

I love Mercedes Benz and AMG, at one point in time I considered getting David Coulthard's name tattooed to my left *** cheek, but i'm going to have to root for Sauber at least for the next few years.
My main complaint on the M, a little more torque would make that smile even bigger. Heck I own both and AMG and an M. I love em' both. Be safe..
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Infiniti FX35
M3 = Track; C63 = Daily Driver

Originally Posted by Accord

Great post....

However, would you consider the C63 the better car for daily driving? I'm in the market looking at both but just can't pull the trigger on the M3 since its purely a track monster. I love the cabin for the C63 and the growl. Some say that the M3 is slow/heavy on the streets during stop and go traffic whereas the C63 can give you that quick boost and some enjoyment off the track.

I agree...they both are awesome cars....and the current package (0.9%, school) offered by BMW is very attractive.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by captjay
Great post....

However, would you consider the C63 the better car for daily driving? I'm in the market looking at both but just can't pull the trigger on the M3 since its purely a track monster. I love the cabin for the C63 and the growl. Some say that the M3 is slow/heavy on the streets during stop and go traffic whereas the C63 can give you that quick boost and some enjoyment off the track.

I agree...they both are awesome cars....and the current package (0.9%, school) offered by BMW is very attractive.
Don't say track monster too loud, the rest of the group would disagree. It is truly a PERSONAL preference. The M isn't too bad when you turn off the dampening control. Makes the bumps a little more bearable. The C definitely is a great daily as well. They both have perks. Two door vs 4. Stick vs. auto. etc, etc. You should really experience both before making a decision. I haven't seen the "slow and heavy" during stop and go with the M.

I took my ML63 in for service not too long ago and my friend who owns the dealer, let me take a C63 for the day. I drove it to a clients office from Morristown, NJ to Warren, NJ. About 20 miles or so, both back roads and highway. I had test driven the car once before but didn't really "spend time" with the car. I didn't see any issues with local roads or highway in this car either. Comfortable, quick, handles awesome. A little squirley when you get on it, but all in all nice. Therefore, again, try them both, it truly is PERSONAL at that point.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally Posted by captjay
Great post....

If practicality is an issue for you, simply get the sedan version of the M3 with the DCT transmission instead of a stick. You can change the M3 from a track machine to a grocery getter with the matter is hitting the M button on the steering wheel.

The M3 is neither slow nor heavy in any situation, anyone who says that has never driven one.

Just drive both and get the one you like, it's really personal preference. I'm a very brand loyal person and it takes a lot to sway me from one product to a direct competitor, and the M3 did it for me.