Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Daimler to Temporarily Suspend Production

I found this for what ever it's worth.

-Troy

According to reports from Berlin, Daimler AG (NYSE: DAI) plans to suspend its auto production from December 11 to January 12 due to weak auto sales. The auto maker has issued a profit warning on full-year earnings after posting a profit of $273.5 million in the third quarter, reversing a net loss of $1.9 billion in the same quarter last year.

Declining sales in North America due to the economic crisis is seen as the driving force for the decline in revenue, which is down 7 percent to $30.5 billion in the quarter compared to $32 billion in the same period a year ago.

According to a statement by Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and head of Mercedes-Benz Cars,

"We recognize that the situation is very challenging indeed."

In addition, the company is temporarily suspending its $7.5 billion share buyback program that began on June 17; a buyback plan of 10 percent of the shares by April 2009 was previously expected.

Also this month, Daimler announced plans to eliminate its Sterling truck brand and shift production from the United States to Mexico; end result is 3,500 less jobs in Canada and the United States.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 PM

AMG C63
well I hope it doesnt hurt DB too much.
It will make our C63s a bit more rare.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
They should stop stripping down the US versions compared to the European versions, and they would probably sell more.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
They should stop stripping down the US versions compared to the European versions, and they would probably sell more.
Yeah but the rest of the world pays a whole lot more than we do.A C63 is a great deal for us Americans compaired to what a German would pay.A base price C63 in Germany is over 67 euro k with less standard equipment than an American spec and a fully loaded German spec is over 90 thousand euro.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I just want the 19" factory option to be available and I'll be happy. Back to the subject. Don't they noramlly shut down that time of the year for the holidays anyway?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Bicycle
C class production is sold throughout December..probably January by now to be honest.

This has nothing to do w/ C class cars. LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 08:22 PM

AMG C63
C class production is sold throughout December..probably January by now to be honest
Thats what I was told when I called Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach the biggest dealer in the world. They told me that the C63 was sold out through Dec and That I would have to wait till the New year to get one.
Then with a Friends recommendation I called FJ of freemont. I came THAT close to buying my friends Black Series. When I see how much Black series stuff is in the C63 its not too bad of a decision. What I miss are the extra fluid coolers.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:57 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Thats why I got the Black interior with CF I had seen it in a Black series, it also had the 19 multi spoke rims which I also wanted but nada here in the U.S.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:00 AM

C63AMG
Thumbs up Newport FJ

Originally Posted by paulGT3
Thats what I was told when I called Fletcher Jones of Newport Beach the biggest dealer in the world. They told me that the C63 was sold out through Dec and That I would have to wait till the New year to get one.
Then with a Friends recommendation I called FJ of freemont. I came THAT close to buying my friends Black Series. When I see how much Black series stuff is in the C63 its not too bad of a decision. What I miss are the extra fluid coolers.
We test drove at Newport Fletcher Jones yesterday. We only drove one of at least half a dozen C63 AMGs on the lot. No shortages there.

Thanks to PGT3 discussion, we were able to appreciate the PP and the shifting parameters.

The sales staff did mention to get our order placed before the end of next week would allow us to modify one of their orders for the C63 AMGs they have already ordered before the options are locked in, i.e., color, PP, etc..

We also inquired about the Pickup In Germany Option. No visit included to the AMG factory.

People were buying cars there like hot cakes. No shortage of cars, no shortage of customers. For them, another day on the western front.

If you want an experience, drop in there on a Saturday afternoon and see all three rings.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
Don't believe the sales people. They think most AMG buyers are uninformed impulse buyers who dont know the market. Hundreds of C63's are on lots as we speak.

I wouldn't doubt they were sold out through DEC, because it takes about 60 days just to get the car in from order, building, and shipping. Just a little misleading how they put it.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
they a bounch of a$$hole sale people. they toled me when i got my car in may/ that this is the last one we have and then if you were to order one it would be till april of 09 till it came, so i ended up buying it with out all the options that i wanter. dont have "pp" and navi. i feel like going to ray catina and ripping that guys head of his shoulder now.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by Sincity
I just want the 19" factory option to be available and I'll be happy. Back to the subject. Don't they noramlly shut down that time of the year for the holidays anyway?
Yes, MB shuts down almost it's entire plant for Christmas vacation (two weeks) and will tack on another two weeks to it this year and what I have heard is there will be no jobs lost. Just what they will save in energy, power will be enormous.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM

09 C63
It blows, I picked up my car today in Stuttgart and couldn't do the factory tour that is part of the pickup because they were closed down.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGBeleza
It blows, I picked up my car today in Stuttgart and couldn't do the factory tour that is part of the pickup because they were closed down.
Now that may be the worst consequence of the factory closure. I would complain and ask for some sort of compensation since that is the highlight of the delivery.

While an AMG tour is not included, you can always drive to Affalterbach yourself and ask them to show you around, they are usually nice to new owners.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 AM

09 C63
They gave me two passes so I can come back later whenever.