Test drove the C63 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by AMG ME
Just confirmed with my dealer. The 3 zone climate control is gone. Only 2 zone now. That kind of sucks. $2500 for a few small pices of CF trim is ridiculous but I got it anyway when i ordered the package.

At least we get parktronic...! I better get the new mirrors or I'm going to flip.
I hope you get the new mirrors too. They look very slick.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Ride quality

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I thought the ride was absolutely perfect. The test drive was in Richmond, but there was enough variance in road surfaces along the drive to get a good cross section of what I will be expecting in ride quality when I eventually get the car.
Thanks for feedback on the ride quality. I'm hoping to have a test drive opportunity next week.

FYI, just in case it didn't occur to you, most of the foregoing comments in this thread on fuel economy are referring to miles per US gal.; you need to multiply by 1.2 to convert to imperial mpg. For example, 22 mpg US becomes 26.4 mpg imperial or about 10.6 L/100 kms.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by DerekACS
Thanks for feedback on the ride quality. I'm hoping to have a test drive opportunity next week.

FYI, just in case it didn't occur to you, most of the foregoing comments in this thread on fuel economy are referring to miles per US gal.; you need to multiply by 1.2 to convert to imperial mpg. For example, 22 mpg US becomes 26.4 mpg imperial or about 10.6 L/100 kms.
Thanks for the reminder. I feel a lot better now!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:52 PM

E92 335i&X6M
wtf they took away the 3 zone?
i was going to order my c63 this weekend and this sux man...
i dont really care about the $400 rise for the pkg, but this is really bad..
and BJ bmw just called me that they can give me $12k off+0.9% financing on 08 M3s.
reconsidering now
Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 PM

STi
I thought the ride was absolutely perfect. The test drive was in Richmond, but there was enough variance in road surfaces along the drive to get a good cross section of what I will be expecting in ride quality when I eventually get the car.

I like the suppleness of the ride while remaining composed in the face of undulating road surfaces. I'm sure there'll be people who aren't used to a relatively firm suspension who might complain (though I'd doubt many of those people exist on this board). My S4 rides a tiny bit softer than the AMG, but I've also had NSXs in the past with Koni Yellows and Comptech springs so maybe my impressions aren't exactly neutral.

In any event, I liked the good compromise between the stiff springs and the dampers on the C63 very much.

All you westerners are lucky to have those nice twisties/mountainous roads to make good use of your PP.
The drive on Highway 4 on Vancouver Island was an experience.
Enjoy your C63..
In the meantime, I will just enjoy reading all the fun you folks are having in your C63s. Until one day where I can slide behind the wheel of my C63 or C64.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by blitzpower
wtf they took away the 3 zone?
i was going to order my c63 this weekend and this sux man...
i dont really care about the $400 rise for the pkg, but this is really bad..
and BJ bmw just called me that they can give me $12k off+0.9% financing on 08 M3s.
reconsidering now
Yeah, it's too bad about the Thermotronic. But surely that's not enough of a reason to switch over to a Bimmer?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by bluert
All you westerners are lucky to have those nice twisties/mountainous roads to make good use of your PP.
The drive on Highway 4 on Vancouver Island was an experience.
Enjoy your C63..
In the meantime, I will just enjoy reading all the fun you folks are having in your C63s. Until one day where I can slide behind the wheel of my C63 or C64.
We've had torrential downpours the last two days in a row, my friend. The grass isn't always greener...trust me.

Anyway, I'm getting all giddy like a schoolgirl now because I'm going in to see the salesperson tomorrow to work out the details of the purchase.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM

E92 335i&X6M
Yeah, it's too bad about the Thermotronic. But surely that's not enough of a reason to switch over to a Bimmer?
go check the vancouver meet thread