C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boston to Los Angeles in C63....would you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Whoa, over-react much? The first post didn't seem much more than giving you a ribbing. Friendly warning would be to wind your neck in on this one. Last time I saw Rob he cast a tall 250lb shadow on the ground. But hey, if you're really serious I think I've got his cell somewhere on my PM box in case he misses this thread.

on topic: a road trip like that sounds like fun. Bring a friend and tour bars on the way.

250 lbs!!! I'm sorry Rob, I made a mistake. I don't want to get my neck broken like Carl said.

Pfft...

let me ask you guys something, how old are you guys and what do you do to stay in shape?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Almost a Member!

-
Originally Posted by iblaho
I say yes. I did it in a less expensive but fairly new car. I don't recall alot of paint damage. I have good memories because I stopped in some unique national parks that look abandoned compared to CA. The people are friendlier, too. I fly from CA to Boston all the time. Pick your favorite reasons for doing it and decide.
Going through hundreds of threads a day gets kind of boring sorry if I feel the need to give my $.02 on a completely useless topic for my own sanity.. But I do see your point
Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Almost a Member!

-
Originally Posted by lyotomachida
250 lbs!!! I'm sorry Rob, I made a mistake. I don't want to get my neck broken like Carl said.

Pfft...

let me ask you guys something, how old are you guys and what do you do to stay in shape?
wow I don't the road runner changed directions to get away from wily-e-coyote that fast. Haha just ribbing you again.

I also heard something about tour bars???? what are those?

Finally mothers has a thing called a clay bar, great for getting things out of your paint job like tiny mosquitoes or large humming birds. Just another thing picked up out of a JDM mag.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
DEFINATELY get a clear bra. you need that regardless of the trip!! i have one on my 2005 BLACK nissan pathfinder. i drive all interstate and i have 90k on the clock. NOT ONE ISSUE except for the sandblasting effect on the windshield. im telling you the BEST money you will ever spend on a vehicle. no car esp new or high end will not get the clear shield treatment.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by 429112
Going through hundreds of threads a day gets kind of boring sorry if I feel the need to give my $.02 on a completely useless topic for my own sanity.. But I do see your point
The next time you drive from NY to CA, PM me. Tell me how you liked it. If I hadn't done it, I wouldn't have stopped to see some graduate students excavating dinosaur bones in the Dakotas. It rains for six solid months in the winter in CA. Plenty of time to rinse the bugs out of the nooks and crannies. Ditto on the windshield pits, though.

Last edited by iblaho; 07-25-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 AM
Almost a Member!

-
The next time you drive from NY to CA, PM me. Tell me how you liked it. If I hadn't done it, I wouldn't have stopped to see some graduate students excavating dinosaur bones in the Dakotas. It rains for six solid months in the winter in CA. Plenty of time to rinse the bugs out of the nooks and crannies. Ditto on the windshield pits, though.
Sorry Iblaho, I actually meant to quote a different reply, No hard feelings? It actually does seem like a good ride across country.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by 429112
Sorry Iblaho, I actually meant to quote a different reply, No hard feelings? It actually does seem like a good ride across country.
No prob. I forgot to mention that Old Faithful isn't as faithful she used to be, that thing that looked like a big oil slick on a distant field was really a herd of buffalo, and that thunderstorms in big flat Arizona have lightning that comes down like big globes of light on either side of the freeway not too far from your car.

And... the worst part of my trip was taking a u-turn in Acadia National Park in Maine. Never, never go there. Everyone should go to Hawaii for vacation...that's it...Hawaii.... Everyone raves about Alaska in the summer, too. That ugly place in Maine is a tedious four hour drive from Boston. I'm sure the OP won't want to go there after driving all the way across the country.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Almost a Member!

-
Thanks for the heads up, whenever I get around to my cross country road trip( hopefully soon) hahah
Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Almost a Member!

-
Thanks for the heads up, whenever I get around to my cross country road trip( hopefully soon) hahah
Old 07-28-2009, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
It rains for six solid months in the winter in CA.
Which California are you talking about, 'cause it certainly ain't the one I live in NorCal I must assume? It doesn't even rain for 6 DAYS, let alone months, here.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by lyotomachida

Pfft...

Almost missed this pitiful attempt at a comeback you yapping little dog. He already said you could have my cell but you dodged that part and keep typing away....don't forget it's you crying how you want to meet up and shut me up. I never said I'd break your neck, only you are talking like that....you aren't going to do a thing as you are a joke and a total nobody.

-Rob