Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Ape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Headlights look cracked?

Hello,

I just picked up my C63 from the tint store where they did the tint work along with a clear film for the headlights that is suppose to keep them from cracking (headlights/fogs/mirror signals). My question is when looking at both sides of the car, the front headlights look like they have a crack. The crack seems to be in the lines that are toward to bottom of the car and get increasingly more pronounced as the line goes up the light toward the top (think hockey stick shape). I do not have a camera with me to take pictures, but wanted to see if anyone else has this issue with their lights, or did the tint store so something that screwed them up?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by Ape
Hello,

I just picked up my C63 from the tint store where they did the tint work along with a clear film for the headlights that is suppose to keep them from cracking (headlights/fogs/mirror signals). My question is when looking at both sides of the car, the front headlights look like they have a crack. The crack seems to be in the lines that are toward to bottom of the car and get increasingly more pronounced as the line goes up the light toward the top (think hockey stick shape). I do not have a camera with me to take pictures, but wanted to see if anyone else has this issue with their lights, or did the tint store so something that screwed them up?
You're not looking at the edge of the clear film on the headlights are you?
Old 11-07-2008, 03:25 PM

C63, Scuderia, 599, 16M, AEV Hemi Jeep, '57 Porsche Speedster, '55 300SL, SLS on order
Funny - I saw that too - not a crack - rest assured - I looked at two at the dealer as well being prepped. The "optical illusion" is that it follows another line and then goes off in a non-linear, other-than-straight direction.

All is good though.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Ape

No, that is what I thought as well when I was looking at it with the installer. The best way to describe it is there are lines at toward the bottom of the lights that are real thin and they follow the contour of the light outline to the top of the light. About 1/2 up the light the line gets very pronounced and looks like it cracked on that line. Both sides look the same so I really could not call the installer out on it because they are identical. I just find it hard to believe that MB would have the lights look like that OEM, but will need to stop by the dealer and look at other cars before I cry foul. I just want not sure if anyone else noticed this on their car and it is normal.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Ape

Originally Posted by Deeroff
Funny - I saw that too - not a crack - rest assured - I looked at two at the dealer as well being prepped. The "optical illusion" is that it follows another line and then goes off in a non-linear, other-than-straight direction.

All is good though.
That is good to know!! Did you notice that the line seemed more pronounced when it made the "bend"? It just looks cracked to me.

Thanks for the response
Old 11-07-2008, 04:03 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by Ape
That is good to know!! Did you notice that the line seemed more pronounced when it made the "bend"? It just looks cracked to me.

Thanks for the response
I thought it was cracked too and I panicked! and this happened when I was hand waxing the car.. that is when I started to go crazy and get the tools of inspection out, but no worries.. it is actually designed as the tuning line for the Xenon head lights.. BMWs have that as well!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
I also thought the same here... but its ok
Old 11-08-2008, 02:02 AM

SLR
Originally Posted by Ape
Hello,

TAke pictures first. I think it won't matter if that stuff seems to have a crack.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 AM

2006 BMW 330i, 2009 C63
Originally Posted by Ape
Hello,

Not a crack, I have these on the lights.

George
Old 11-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Ape

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was worried that I had already screwed the car up after 3 weeks of ownership. Finally hit 1000 miles today, got a chance to jump on it a little, but really need to get a radar detector/laser jammer soon to keep myself on the road and out of the courts.