Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
I got the car!

Well, that wasn't too painful.

I test drove the car about 3 weeks ago, liked it very much, thought about ordering a Tenorite Grey with the Premium Package, found out the dealership had a Black one (also with Premium Package) whose original purchaser cancelled, and as of tonight, the car is mine. It's pitch black outside and pouring rain to boot, so I don't have pictures as yet. I'll do my best to get some posted over the weekend.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on the board for all the great info that convinced me to go with the C63!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 PM

AMG C63
Congrats and be glad you didnt make the M3 mistake.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by paulGT3
Congrats and be glad you didnt make the M3 mistake.
Ditto (coming from a guy [me] who had made the M3 mistake)
Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
CONGRATS!!! Paul is right, glad that you did'nt make a M3stake!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
LOL

Actually, I wasn't even close to going down that (M3) path. I had my heart pretty much set on the C63 the minute I pressed the start button during the test drive.

God, I'm so easy...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Congrats on the car! Black is a hard colour to maintain! We should definetly have a meet in vancouver.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by yooker
Congrats on the car! Black is a hard colour to maintain! We should definetly have a meet in vancouver.
Yeah, would be great to get to know other C63 owners around town. And I hear you on the colour being high maintenance. This is my 4th black car, so I'm getting used to the extra work.

Trending Topics

Old 11-21-2008, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
Swirl marks are a pain to keep off a black car. With fall approaching and the amount of rain and leaves on the road, the car will be a mess. Lower half of the car is difficult to clean without marring it. Any suggestions?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 PM

AMG C63
I saw a 535 in the parking lot today still with dealer plates at work. The thing had swirl marks all over it and it cant be older than mine (10 weeks) The Gloss-it.com stuff I have been using is amazingly easy to use and no swirl marks. I was embarrased that well it was that new and had that many swirl marks.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a durr
How does the gloss-it.com stuff work? And where can I get a hold of this product?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:08 AM

AMG C63
you make sure your paint is clean (dove wash it and clay it if neccessary) then apply gloss it with the porter cable orbital till it hazes
then let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Then buff off by hand with micro fiber towel. Use the gloss it gloss enhancer detailer to help get rid of extra product. Again the stuff is at gloss-it.com I am not affiliated. Its like
25 bucks for a huge bottle of the detailer and $19 for the gloss it sealant. On my black AMG its like a wet pool of ink. Its a deep dark shine swirl mark free. the Gloss it guys use a cyclo polisher but I use the porter cable orbital on 2 setting and extra fine pads. You can put it on by hand too. But its really easy with the porter cable.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:33 AM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Paul its Dawn Not Dove.... Use Dove if your playing with your mate Not to strip wax/polish off...

BTW... You can try the Zaino polish line its nothing less then excellent, I've used it for many years and have had several black cars for many years with out swirls getting out of control. Good Luck !!! Another Great choice in color : > )))
Old 11-22-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Congrats, what kind of deal did you get? If you don't mind.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by norb
Congrats, what kind of deal did you get? If you don't mind.
I just paid MSRP plus the cost of the Premium Package. Up here in the Great White North, that translates to C$63,500 + $4,800...plus taxes and other inexplicable and wholly puzzling levies as usual.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:22 AM

997.2 Turbo
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Well, that wasn't too painful.

I test drove the car about 3 weeks ago, liked it very much, thought about ordering a Tenorite Grey with the Premium Package, found out the dealership had a Black one (also with Premium Package) whose original purchaser cancelled, and as of tonight, the car is mine. It's pitch black outside and pouring rain to boot, so I don't have pictures as yet. I'll do my best to get some posted over the weekend.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on the board for all the great info that convinced me to go with the C63!

Nice nice...congrats!!!

Can't believe you got yours already and I've been waiting 4 months with a couple more to go I'm jealous.

Which dealership did you get it from if I may ask?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by AMG ME
Nice nice...congrats!!!

Can't believe you got yours already and I've been waiting 4 months with a couple more to go I'm jealous.

Which dealership did you get it from if I may ask?
I got it from the Richmond dealership. When I first went there close to 3 weeks ago, they had the two white ones there, one of which was fully loaded including the performance package. I had the chance to purchase the other white one back then, but I had my heart set on a Tenorite Grey, so I passed. Then the salesperson told me they were getting two black ones in very soon, and that it was likely one of the purchasers would back out. So I put a bit of money down and got my name on a black one. It arrived yesterday and now I'm driving it.

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting. It was difficult just waiting that one week or so for my black one to show up; I don't even want to imagine what you're going through.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:49 AM

997.2 Turbo
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I got it from the Richmond dealership. When I first went there close to 3 weeks ago, they had the two white ones there, one of which was fully loaded including the performance package. I had the chance to purchase the other white one back then, but I had my heart set on a Tenorite Grey, so I passed. Then the salesperson told me they were getting two black ones in very soon, and that it was likely one of the purchasers would back out. So I put a bit of money down and got my name on a black one. It arrived yesterday and now I'm driving it.

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting. It was difficult just waiting that one week or so for my black one to show up; I don't even want to imagine what you're going through.
Damn. I actually went to the Richmond dealership first but the salesman couldn't give me the numbers I wanted so I went to Boundary and ordered it there.

Congrats again and post up some pics
Old 11-22-2008, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by AMG ME
Damn. I actually went to the Richmond dealership first but the salesman couldn't give me the numbers I wanted so I went to Boundary and ordered it there.

Congrats again and post up some pics
Will do. Unfortunately, weather forecast points to this being a pretty lousy weekend. I'm looking forward to doing a photoshoot with the C63 alongside the S4.

Right now, I'm REALLY enjoying the Keyless Go with the Start button ignition. At the same time, I have to admit to being perplexed by the difficulty in accessing the BlackBerry and/or iPhone's contacts list through the car's Bluetooth. I thought it would be intuitive, but nothing I do seems to be working, and the manual isn't yielding any info either.

Oh well, more experimentation is in order...
Old 11-22-2008, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats!

BTW-I was at the gas station by the house and spotted a E92 M3 sedan. He revved it when he started it up. I bet if he heard the 63 rev upon starting, he would have out his head between his knees. LOL!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Sincity
Congrats!

BTW-I was at the gas station by the house and spotted a E92 M3 sedan. He revved it when he started it up. I bet if he heard the 63 rev upon starting, he would have out his head between his knees. LOL!
Thanks!

In all fairness, though, I actually quite admire the M3 as there's been a lot of careful (and clever) engineering that's gone into it to get the kind of performance that they do get...from a 4 litre engine. If it had a better-designed interior, it'd be quite a fantastic package. On that note, I believe the Audi (my Audi, at least) interior is better than both the C63's and the M3's. From the choice of finishing materials, to the general layout of the centre stack, my S4 seems better to me.

Interestingly, after going back over the original paperwork, it turns out my S4 cost more than the C63. It doesn't have nearly the horsepower that the AMG has, but it does have AWD, and a lot of carbon fibre in the interior.

I'm not complaining, but it's a point of interest I thought I'd share with the good folks here.

Just puttering around town today in the C63 at around 50 to 70 km/h, there's a sense that there's some deep dark evil lurking just beneath the hood, a real sense of menace, and I'm soooooo looking forward to unleashing that.