Sponsored by:

My Evosport Ecu tune experience - Dyno results inside -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 55AMG-ARG
Hello guys, first of all let me tell you I didn't want to make this thread, but I feel I'm forced to.
To be honest, I was absolutely shocked when I saw this thread. All of this has literally taken place within the last 24 hours. The post paints the picture as if this is something that has dragged on. I really don't like making these posts, but I feel it's only right now that I have to respond to these statements so everyone who read the original post understands the complete situation.

I don't have a problem with you telling people your experiece with the tune. The problem I have is your comments regarding our response. You paint the picture that we're not responding or refusing to refund you. That is COMPLETELY untrue and inaccurate.

As a background, it's IMPORTANT to note that this person is not our direct customer. The product was purchased by one of our resellers. They then sold it or delivered it to this person.

- The customer is out of the country. The method that he used to route the ECU to us and back to him took time. Out of our control. So as he stated, he was without his car for some time.

- Once he installed the ECU, he drove the car and had someone else drive the car as well. He immediately PM'd me raving about how incredibly fast the car is now, how much harder it pulls and how much quicker it is to 280km/h. Even commenting on the other person who drove the car felt it was even faster than his M5. Again, Lou made a reference to this below. I've driven these cars back to back (stock to tuned)...the difference is night and day!

- 4 days go by and yesterday late morning I get a PM from him that he dyno'd the car and it's not making any power and wants a refund. We exchange a number of PM's where I apologized for the results. But that we have no idea the cause (there was no baseline as he stated), but we would do whatever it took to resolve it, even pay for the shipping back and forth. We know the car makes power with the tune, so I wanted to be given the opportunity to make it right. He refused to allow us that opportunity. Which is his right. I was doing what any customer-oriented company would do to make the customer happy. There was NEVER a problem with a refund if that's what the customer would decide on.

- Later yesterday afternoon, he PM'd me asking for how the refund would be processed. I had already left the office at that time so I did not receive that message until this morning.

- When I finally got his PM this morning, he had already sent me 2 other PM's asking why I hadn't responded to him. When I responded, I informed he that I don't get PM's when I'm out of the office. To please email me direct in the future. PM's are not a good way to get in touch with me for anything urgent. I also mentioned to him that the refund would be made to the customer who purchased the item from us, which was not Lou.

- I then later was made aware of this post.

All I know is I contacted Simon yesterday and in a good, positive way I told him to fix this. What I want is my ecu back to stock and a total refund, that's what I told him. I also told him I love evosport products, I've been using them for more than a year in my previous rides and never had a problem. But in this case, I did. And I obviously didn't get
what I paid for, I didn't even gain 1 whp, that's a real shame, worst that the fabulous 19whp mthis gain.
It's very unfortunate that the customer was not open to allowing us to address the issue. We don't even know if the problem is the car, the dyno, the tune? But as I mentioned, we want the customer to be happy. I did everthing to attempt to resolve these issues for him. At the end, if he doens't care to allow us to "fix" it, and justs wants a refund, then he has the right to that as well.

Simon was very comprehensive about the situation, and told me to give them another shot. I said no in a good way, and asked him how and when was the refund going to be made. That was Yesterday at 5 p.m.

Today, I sent 2 more messages to Simon, but he didn't even bother to asnwer me. And yes, he was online a few minutes ago.

Are you that busy to give me a simple answer? You certainly guys didn't seem to when I was buying the product.
These comments are REALLY unfair. You make too many assumptions. I can see if days had gone by and you made attempts to contact us that you would be upset. But to PM me late afternoon, then PM me at 6am in the morning and not give me an opportunity to respond before making a post like this is really not fair. I was not logged in at 6am (I promise I was fast asleep!). And even when I do login, I may login and get to other business before I come back and check the boards, PM's, etc. This is why I emphasized to send an email or even call.

Evosport, I already gave you the chance to make it right, it's not my fault what had happened, and I'm in total right to get my refund and my ecu back to stock.
If you mean the first time, then ok. But in this industry, you cannot expect everything to go right the first time. We try our best but some things are out of our control. When you modify your car, that is the expectation you should have. Otherwise, you really should not be doing it or just expect to get dissapointed. And it's not all about whether it works the first time or not. It's how the company steps up to take care of it. That is probably THE most important thing in this industry. Lou, nobody is blaming you for anything. We don't even know what the problem is. If you don't want to give us the chance to make it right, that is up to you. Very unfortunate in my opinion as I know we would have resolved the issue and made you happy. And yes, you are in the total right for a refund. NEVER did I state or even imply you were not. But the fact is that you need to speak to YOUR dealer, not us for the refund, as we have never taken any money from you. I think you jumped the gun there and made that assumption on your own.

The end result here is that I have already made contact with the individual who purchased this item to have the ECU sent back to us. We will do whatever will make the customer happy. That had ALWAYS been the case. Unfortunate disconnect with the PM's and too many assumptions made.

If we have enough information, I will definitely still post an update with what we feel was the problem (if there is one) with the tune. As I mentioned, we know it makes power.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Wow Simon, you are such a childish person.

Do you really think I´m not your customer because I´m not the one who pays you one hand? Ok, let´s see if you ever hear of Demian again asking you to buy one of your products. I can´t believe what you are posting.

I sent you a message at that time, and another one 4 hours later while you were online.

Another thing, didn´t you ask me to post my impression on the forum? If you want, I can show that message you sent me.

I understand how you treat customers, because I WAS one. Again, let´s see if you ever hear of Demian or me again asking for any of your products.

It´s non of your business who pays for my producs or not, or how I manage things with Demian.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
And I didn´t make any assumptions, I´m not stupid nor a child.

You probbably read my message and just wait to come with another way to not give me the refund..oh wait, not me...Demian, he´s actually your customer....give me a break Simon.

That´s all for me, good luck with your wonderful tune Powerchip.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:17 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Wow Simon, you are such a childish person.
Because I posted the facts so everyone has a clear idea of what happened? You made a decision to post your comments. That is your right. Whether you meant to or not, you had an objective. You made an emotional response that I felt was not accurate and certainly did not paint a clear picture for those reading your statements. And I feel that YOU do believe what you wrote was accurate. I felt it was not. So of course you would expect me to respond to them.

Do you really think I´m not your customer because I´m not the one who pays you one hand? Ok, let´s see if you ever hear of Demian again asking you to buy one of your products. I can´t believe what you are posting.
Lou, don't take what I wrote as offensive. I had to clarify that because you are not the customer who gets a refund. And yes, for this sale the direct customer is NOT you. I obviously still responded to your PM's and inquiries, so not sure why you are focusing so much on this comment.

I sent you a message at that time, and another one 4 hours later while you were online.
Again, the fact that you see that I'm online does not mean I'm at my computer waiting for a PM to come in nor that I ignored your PM. I didn't get the PM until later this morning when I responded to it. Again, I'm just at a loss right now for your reaction. I've done everything you've asked of me.

Another thing, didn´t you ask me to post my impression on the forum? If you want, I can show that message you sent me.
Yes of course I did. Is that wrong of me?

I understand how you treat customers, because I WAS one. Again, let´s see if you ever hear of Demian or me again asking for any of your products.
Lou, I'm sorry for your experience. I'm really not sure why it had to come to this. It's very unfortunate that you seem to feel the way you do. Really unfortunate.

It´s non of your business who pays for my producs or not, or how I manage things with Demian.
I have no business in how you manage YOUR business. I've NEVER implied I did. We sold a product to a reseller who sold it to you. Period. What his relationship to you is or who paid for it is NOT my business. Why do you keep mentioning this? Someone other than you PURCHASED and paid for a product (not just paid). That person is then the customer for this sale and will get the refund. It doesn't need to get any more complicated than that. Am I missing something?

And I didn´t make any assumptions, I´m not stupid nor a child.

You probbably read my message and just wait to come with another way to not give me the refund..oh wait, not me...Demian, he´s actually your customer....give me a break Simon.
Lou, seriously. You are now over-reacting. Nobody called you a child or that you were stupid. I've been nothing but professional and courteous to you throughout this entire process. But the truth is, you did make assumptions just like you are making them again now.

I've said all I need to say. Again, apologize for the experience.

Last edited by Simon @ evosport; 11-25-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Hmmmm. Lou. Let me get this straight. Your 10,000 Kilometer's, 3 Time Zones, 2 Seasons apart and dealt with a 3rd party vendor......

Enough said. I think we can all draw our own conclusions here. I know I have.

Thanks Simon for exhibiting your continued professionalism.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Is there something wrong with me being far away? what does time has something do to with this? And I didn`t use a 3rd party vendor, he is a friend who just takes care of these things for me. I see nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:28 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
So u never got a baseline dyno? You said it felt much faster, went to a dyno and got poor numbers? Maybe u should return the car to amg, u might of got a lemon and stock it was only putting like 340whp.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JYOO
So u never got a baseline dyno? You said it felt much faster, went to a dyno and got poor numbers? Maybe u should return the car to amg, u might of got a lemon and stock it was only putting like 340whp.
There´s nothing wrong with my car but the ecu tune.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
I didnt take this thread in a negative way at all. I think all members on this forum know EVOsport makes good stuff and is a good company. AND IF YOU DONT NOW YOU KNOW!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM

bike
This is all fine and dandy. However, we have yet to hear from someone on this board who got his C63 ECU flashed by Evosport and the outcome was what they promised. (HP & TQ) So far all I've read about are disappointed people whose tune did not deliver (Numbers were same as stock after ECU was tuned)
Old 11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
Hmmmm. Lou. Let me get this straight. Your 10,000 Kilometer's, 3 Time Zones, 2 Seasons apart and dealt with a 3rd party vendor......

Enough said. I think we can all draw our own conclusions here. I know I have.

Thanks Simon for exhibiting your continued professionalism.
That is what I am getting out of this also.

Evosport looks to be a wise choice to me.

Just curious...what is the timeline of the ECU tune and the dealership? Is it possible the dealer flashed over the ECU tune and thus it was back to stock? If not, why is the dealership even in this discussion? Or was it routine service?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
so what's the deal with powerchip now? wth
Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
This is all fine and dandy. However, we have yet to hear from someone on this board who got his C63 ECU flashed by Evosport and the outcome was what they promised. (HP & TQ) So far all I've read about are disappointed people whose tune did not deliver (Numbers were same as stock after ECU was tuned)
Just FYI, there are 3 or 4 people who have posted with positive results. There are TWO that have reported anything less then positive. One has a pre and post dyno, and we found that in his file there was a mistake 100% and he did not have the correct version of the tune. This one we have no pre dyno AND we have an email stating how fast the car is and he raced an M5 and whatnot - saying he loved it. Then all of a sudden this thread.

We have sold 30+ C63 tunes and have 2 problems, one that we know what the problem was. Please realize, that a small percentage of our customers are on this site or post here.

So, not to be rude, but I am not sure where you are getting your facts.

thanks
Brad
Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 PM

2011 C63
The fact that you didn't do a before pull is questionable because there is so many variables when tuning a car. Anything from what brand or type dyno, what altitude, weather, tires, density, correction factor the tuner sets it on. These factors can make or break power. I remember my car picked up like 30-40 rwhp just from bumping the tire pressure from 15psi to 30psi, given it makes a lot more power then 370 but the point is you really dont know what youre gauging against. Anyways just my 2 cents.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Unfortunately these boards more often highlight the negative, not the positive.

Here's a recent one sounds like you haven't seen yet:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...enz-owner.html

Last edited by Simon @ evosport; 11-25-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 PM

2002 ML55 AMG
There´s nothing wrong with my car but the ecu tune.
Did Evosport fix the ECU problem or the tuner?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 PM

bike
Originally Posted by otoupalik

So, not to be rude, but I am not sure where you are getting your facts.

thanks
Brad
I'm just reading this message board for my facts, and by the sounds of what I've read so far there have been several problems with your tune. Of course I don't have the complete picture of all the tunes you have done, how could I?

If you check this thread, there have been others who were not happy with your tune because of CEL issues:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-get-cels.html

I'm sure you can get one of your 30+ satisfied C63 customers to post an independent dyno so you can put this to rest. (Or link me to an existing thread I missed) I don't trust the positive butt dyno reviews that have been posted so far, when the ones with actual numbers show either no gain, or not what was promised.

Last edited by bigbodybeeenz; 11-26-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Evosport/Powerchip Feedback

One good way to settle this issue is to flash the ECU back to stock, then dyno the car. This will at least tell you if the car is running okay or not in stock form.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by JYOO

Dude, you can have an ECU tuned that make the car feel faster even with no hp gain. That mod in the ECU is called 'throttle response". It tuned to work like the "sprint booster".
Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
One good way to settle this issue is to flash the ECU back to stock, then dyno the car. This will at least tell you if the car is running okay or not in stock form.
I've driven MJ's E55 when it was stock. I can testify that it was definitely running properly
Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Brad, like I said before, I was almost a month without driving my car. So I had to use my X5 4.4, which is much much slower....

Saying that, when I got my ecu back and took my car for a ride, it felt incredible fast! that is what I told Simon. And I added that my brother, who has an m5, drove my car FOR THE FIRST time and he felt it could take his M5 on a straight line. No racing was involved.

If you don't believe what I said, you can always tell Simon to show you my pms.

My car will hit the dyno again, just to show you people there's nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I don't even know why I'm telling you guys this, since Evosport don't even consider me their customer...I know someone else will.

Thanks a lot everyone who replied, with good or bad comments, remember this thread was never to speak bad about Evosport, but to share my unconfortable and dissapointing experience.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Perhaps they mistakenly flashed your car with the incorrect version like the other user. Evosport must be doing something right (other than an occasional mistake) to be in business this long.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
If you check this thread, there have been others who were not happy with your tune because of CEL issues:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-get-cels.html
OK, read it. There is nobody there that says that there evosport tune had CEL issues. Maybe I misread, can you point it out?

Here are the quotes that I read:
Originally Posted by mthis
i had the evospoert/ powerchip no CEL's poped up. as far as the others ill let you know when i get another ecu in by the end of next week.
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
... After I had my remap done at Evosport, the CEL came on and they found it to be from a pressure sensor in the exhaust manifold getting tripped at low to mid rpm. They took a few stabs at it, and in the end they dialed back the torque increase at the bottom end, and eased off the throttle map compared to the original remap. Apparently the '09s have a lower threshold on the sensors and can't take quite as much low rpm power. They said the peak power and torque were still as quoted, but they had to take the edge off in the mid range. [issue resolved]
I got my ecu back today. I put 200 kms on the car since then, driving the ***** out of it. No cel. You can definitely feel the power gain...I will make a proper thread with dyno results and everything next week.
Please understand that dealing direct with Powerchip or another one of their vendors and dealing with evosport (and our versions of Powerchip tunes) might be very different. You cannot simply lump them together.

However, even a competitor states this:
Originally Posted by MHP
The ironic part is I got a CEL before tuning with just K&N drop ins. Code was bank 1 too lean, LOL.
So it is far from clear as you post that OUR tune is a problem as it pertains to CEL's. If you are going to post such things, maybe you should fact check them or at least attempt to get them right. People read posts, and when users such as yourself post things with an authoritative tone, people believe it - even if they are an opinion on assumption rather then fact.

FYI, I am working on getting one of the local cars to an independent dyno, so no worries on that!

Thanks
Brad
Old 11-26-2008, 11:32 AM

evosport sounds like they're doing the right thing with this one. To me it just sounds like a customer with unreasonable requests. Appropriate measures have been taken by evosport to resolve and/or diagnose the problem, but the customer declined.

Open and shut case IMHO.

I think it's great that evosport is actually active in this thread, though, and defending their position with such professionalism.

Brad
Old 11-26-2008, 02:00 PM

AMG C63 S
It sorta sounds like to me like all was fine and dandy, before the dyno. Then you dyno'd and it was "Holy ****! I've been taken advantage of!" Then after a day or two of trying to get a response for refund from evosport, you got a little freaked out that they were going to screw you as you were already mad that the dyno run didn't show any gains.

I think evosport was ever-so-slightly recalcitrant in terms of "hopping to" and unequivocally offering you a refund. I think you were a little quick in terms of posting an unflattering story on the boards. I, personally, would have given evosport a couple more days to make it right.

In the end... you got your refund. Evosport is just a tad tainted in this... how could they not be? Final analysis: I don't think that was fair to them. But, you got your refund and that--getting your refund--was the genesis of your post in the first place.

Pyrrhic victory, sir.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Evosport Ecu tune experience - Dyno results inside -