Sponsored by:

New member, 1st time Benz owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
New member, 1st time Benz owner

Hey everybody, Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

I recently picked up an '09 C63 and I love it. It's my first Mercedes. I was a die hard BMW fan, and literally a day away from buying an M3, but I was cajoled into test driving a C63 and basically turned my back on the Bimmer right then and there. I looked around for a Steel Grey '08 without too many options, but I ended up with a 2009 in Palladium Silver with black leather, carbon trim (so sexy), LSD, and P02 and P30 (I think. It's loaded).

Anyway, I've had it a couple months now, and just crossed 4k miles. I replaced the rear tires last weekend (lots of smokey burnouts), and yesterday I went to Evosport for my second round of goodies. (The first round was the Evosport/Powerchip ECU remap and high flow air filters.)

A little side story: I loved the apreciable power increase after the ECU remap, but the check engine light kept coming on, so they (Simon and Jeremy) kept working on the maps until they had it dialed to max power without tripping the light. We started around noon, and it was around 7:30pm when they wrapped it up. Very classy of them to stay late and finish it off in one day.

Yesterday I got the new Evosport 63 series pulley and the Evosport Stage 2 airbox upgrade, as well as the Evosport painted marker lights and silver turn signal bulbs (two small details that make a major difference in appearance). Not as major a power upgrade as the first round, but definitely noticeable, even just on the drive back home to LA. This car is a MONSTER now. No, it was a monster before. Now it has rabies, too.

Soooo, as soon as they can fit me in, I'll be going back for an X-pipe and secondary cat delete, and then I'm probably going to call her done. Probably.

Other details: It's got a medium tint on the glass, and I painted the lower window trim black (should be like that stock).

So, that's my car. My ridiculous 575-ish horsepower C class.

I've been lurking for a while and want to thank everyone on the board for all the great info and sexy pictures, and I want to send a shout out to the guys at evosport for really giving my car a serious steroid shot right in the *********.

Thanks,

Josh
Attached Thumbnails New member, 1st time Benz owner-img_3245.jpg   New member, 1st time Benz owner-img_3238.jpg   New member, 1st time Benz owner-img_3299.jpg   New member, 1st time Benz owner-img_9651_2.jpg   New member, 1st time Benz owner-img_9634.jpg  

New member, 1st time Benz owner-img_3240.jpg  

Last edited by C63 Guy; 11-20-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Ape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
That is a great color on the C-Class, I think it may be the best one for the 63. It looks really good with your tint. Sounds like you will have it fully modded and will need to buy stock in a tire company! If you are comfortable discussing, how much have you sunk into all your mods so far?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
very nice! congrats and welcome to the forum.

thanks for the write-up on your evosport mods!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
nice burn out ganna need a new set soon by doing that lol. i know someone else asked you for prices but would it be to much to ask if you can get dyno number with your tunes that u have.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Welcome! Thanks for your continued patronage.

As for dyno'ing the car, we service the car here, so there may be seen to have a bias.

I will tell you what, I can arrange to have the car dyno'ed at a friends shop next door to get "independent" testing. I know we have already posted dyno's on our dynojet, but it might help to have the numbers from an "independent" as well.

thanks
brad
Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 PM

2009 GT-R
Congratulations, C63 Guy. Glad to see you're enjoying your car.

I'm just about to place my order this Saturday and get the car before Christmas. I was cross-shopping between the C63 and the GT-R, believe it or not. I made up my mind to get the C63 first, and wait till Nissan have the transmission issues sorted out (if there's any in the first place).

Cosmetics aside, I plan on leaving my car stock. The last thing C63 needs is more power imo.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Sweet ride, same way I ordered mine.

Can I ask which silver bulbs you purchased and from where?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
WELCOME nice ride and Mods
Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Feelin' the love...

Thanks for the feedback and support, guys.

Ape - I've dropped about $5k on performance mods at Evosport so far. The first $2k on the remap made the biggest difference in power, so it might have been wise to stop there, but to quote a great man "I have a dream..." Except my dream is a 600bhp C class. Just slightly more selfish.

Yeah, the tires won't last long the way I drive it, and I'd love recommendations for rubber that'll fit the stock rims.

Brad - Glad you're feeling better, but I think you're confusing my car with the other Palladium C63 I've seen floating around the shop (Mine has the LSD and carbon trim). I'd love to get the car on either or both dynos, but the fact is that I trust your guys power ratings on the upgrades, my very sensitive *** tells me the car is all that, and the $250 for the pulls just isn't were I want to spend my money. That's a good chunk of the cost of the x-pipe I'm going to get.

Besides, I'm a bit of a hooligan, and so far the only car that's shown me its taillights in anger was a 430 Scuderia. Now if I put, say, $150k in upgrades and that still happened, I'd be pretty bummed. For $5k, to crush essentially all comers, I'm good with that.

another_nubbin - That's funny. I kinda considered the GT-R, too. I mean, it's in the price range, and is all kinds of fast, but I also heard about the clunky trans and I just read that they're dumping the launch control for the 2010 model year because it's trashing the drivelines if you use it a lot. So those mid 3 second times to 60 are going to be a singularity. Funny.

Anyway, want to hear something funnier? I still do a full walk around every time I get into or out of the car. It's soooo effing sexy for a sedan, and I'm so glad I got the Palladium Silver instead of the Steel Grey. The car just looks so... metal. Er, uh... I mean METAL!

Okey, I gotta go wipe myself off.

Thanks again,

Josh

PS - chubbs032: You have very fine taste, my friend. I got the bulbs from... ...wait for it... ...Evosport. Surprise! Around $30.

Last edited by C63 Guy; 11-20-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:38 PM

2005 C320 Coupe | 2002 IS300
You def got a nice setup in short period of time. Nice writeup and good choice of mods; enjoy.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:55 AM

C63
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Hey everybody, Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

I recently picked up an '09 C63 and I love it. It's my first Mercedes. I was a die hard BMW fan, and literally a day away from buying an M3, but I was cajoled into test driving a C63 and basically turned my back on the Bimmer right then and there. I looked around for a Steel Grey '08 without too many options, but I ended up with a 2009 in Palladium Silver with black leather, carbon trim (so sexy), LSD, and P02 and P30 (I think. It's loaded).

Anyway, I've had it a couple months now, and just crossed 4k miles. I replaced the rear tires last weekend (lots of smokey burnouts), and yesterday I went to Evosport for my second round of goodies. (The first round was the Evosport/Powerchip ECU remap and high flow air filters.)

A little side story: I loved the apreciable power increase after the ECU remap, but the check engine light kept coming on, so they (Simon and Jeremy) kept working on the maps until they had it dialed to max power without tripping the light. We started around noon, and it was around 7:30pm when they wrapped it up. Very classy of them to stay late and finish it off in one day.

Yesterday I got the new Evosport 63 series pulley and the Evosport Stage 2 airbox upgrade, as well as the Evosport painted marker lights and silver turn signal bulbs (two small details that make a major difference in appearance). Not as major a power upgrade as the first round, but definitely noticeable, even just on the drive back home to LA. This car is a MONSTER now. No, it was a monster before. Now it has rabies, too.

Soooo, as soon as they can fit me in, I'll be going back for an X-pipe and secondary cat delete, and then I'm probably going to call her done. Probably.

Other details: It's got a medium tint on the glass, and I painted the lower window trim black (should be like that stock).

So, that's my car. My ridiculous 575-ish horsepower C class.

I've been lurking for a while and want to thank everyone on the board for all the great info and sexy pictures, and I want to send a shout out to the guys at evosport for really giving my car a serious steroid shot right in the *********.

Thanks,

Josh
what a descriptive metaphor!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Josh,

Do you know what they did to modify the airbox?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Congrats. The C63 is my first MB too, and it is not the only performance car in my garage. You made the right choice.