My Evosport Ecu tune experience - Dyno results inside -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG
My Evosport Ecu tune experience - Dyno results inside -

Hello guys, first of all let me tell you I didn't want to make this thread, but I feel I'm forced to.

I got my ecu back a few days ago, flashed by Evosport. Since I didn't use the car for a long time, once I plugged the ecu back and took
the car for a ride it felt real FAST. Well, let's take it to the dyno I said.

I drove the car for more than 600 kms before going to the dyno.

Yesterday I dynoed the car. More than 10 pulls. What was the outcome?

374rwhp! ....YES, STOCK numbers. I couldn't believe it myself.

I don't have a baseline dyno, but come on...those are stock numbers.

I mean....0 HP gain???? I don't even know what to think. Was the ecu not flashed at all? I don't know.

All I know is I contacted Simon yesterday and in a good, positive way I told him to fix this. What I want is my ecu back to stock and a total refund, that's what I told him.
I also told him I love evosport products, I've been using them for more than a year in my previous rides and never had a problem. But in this case, I did. And I obviously didn't get
what I paid for, I didn't even gain 1 whp, that's a real shame, worst that the fabulous 19whp mthis gain.

Simon was very comprehensive about the situation, and told me to give them another shot. I said no in a good way, and asked him how and when was the refund going to be made. That was Yesterday at 5 p.m.

Today, I sent 2 more messages to Simon, but he didn't even bother to asnwer me. And yes, he was online a few minutes ago.

Are you that busy to give me a simple answer? You certainly guys didn't seem to when I was buying the product.

Evosport, I already gave you the chance to make it right, it's not my fault what had happened, and I'm in total right to get my refund and my ecu back to stock.

Again, I feel bad for making a thread like this, but this is definitely no way to treat a customer who spend a lot of money not only to buy the product, but to ship it back and forth.

It's a shame you didn't answer back my pms since I asked you about the refund, I really wanted to fix this whole situation without making a thread like this.

That's all guys, I just wanted to share what I'm going through with Evosport...

Thanks for reading.

Lou. A dissapointed customer who wants his money back.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:40 PM

bike
Old 11-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Wow, that is 2 members here that have had an issue with the tune in the last few weeks. Surprising based on Evosport's reputation that I understood to be pretty solid. I was starting to explore the different tunes and this was toward to top of my choices when looking at claimed price/gains, but now........
Old 11-25-2008, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Sorry to hear about that I still don't get my refund yet I'll call my credit card comany and ask. I been csling them since thurdsy last week
Old 11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Ouch. Is there anyone to trust when it comes to ECU tunes?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
oh my... i thought i was the only one...
55AMG-ARG, i feel ya 200%!

mine was VRP, not evosport though...
my butt dyno felt gain but actually lost power... (i have before & after dyno)
however, both VRP and evosport use PowerChip...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
still no refund
Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
i had SI Tune! and i was told my Jerry LET/Anthony TVT Design who checked out my ECU they said it was STOCK .. i was robbed. by SI. its sad ...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM

2007 Inifiniti G35
sad to see this.. almost makes me just want to keep the car at stock when i get it.. to avoid issues like the and cel issues... stock speeds aren't soo bad
Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
still no refund
same here bro...
i have VRP HE on my car and i also luv VRP...
but i wasn't impressed with ECU tune results and kindly asked for a refund...
powerchip removed their software from my car and now i have SI ECU back on...
still no refund...
their reason is that after powerchip tune, i went to SI to have them look at powerchip's file... ....
if powerchip's tune lost power while SI gained power, why would SI want to look at their file?
plus, i didn't even go near SI but powerchip made up their mind that i did...
i've kindly waited for vadim to take care of this for me but it was delayed and delayed.
now i have open dispute via Paypal...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
oh my... i thought i was the only one...
55AMG-ARG, i feel ya 200%!

mine was VRP, not evosport though...
my butt dyno felt gain but actually lost power... (i have before & after dyno)
however, both VRP and evosport use PowerChip...
MJ, I have offered you to look at the car.

Instead we find out that some one has removed memory chip with our software and read it. And it was not done at the dealer.......
Old 11-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
i had SI Tune! and i was told my Jerry LET/Anthony TVT Design who checked out my ECU they said it was STOCK .. i was robbed. by SI. its sad ...
but do you know for sure that it was same as stock?
only dyno won't lie...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
...I don't have a baseline dyno...
With all due respect, therein lies part of the OP’s issue. While I'm certainly not in any way posting to blame the victim, dynamometers are useful only as before/after tuning tool. Nothing more, IMHO. They are not absolute because of the myriad variables involved.

Mine has some evosport hardware. It’s performing admirably. A warranty concern (based on wear) was promptly rectified without any rigormarole. Your ECU tune from them is obviously an entirely different scenario.

I suspect they’ll chime in soon. Failing that, there are other vendors from which to choose. Good luck.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ge...tVariables.pdf
Old 11-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
MJ, I have offered you to look at the car.

Instead we find out that some one has removed memory chip with our software and read it. And it was not done at the dealer.......
vadim, and i kindly declined that offer.
especially not after the way powerchip (not you vadim) treated me...
i even wanted to get VRP shorty headers instead...

that "someone" = SI according to powerchip...
Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Simon, thanks for giving me a fast solution. Problem solved, please moderators or admins feel free to close the thread or keep it open.

My intentions were not to talk bad about Evosport, I was just being honest about the whole situation.

Simon, you told me to contact you to your mail, ok, I didn`t do that, but you were online before and after I wrote you both private messages. Sorry if you are somehow angry, but I´m dissapointed, you and everyone should understand that if we pay for something and then we get nothing in return, there´s definitely going to be a problem.

Thank you again, and sorry, I didn´t want to get this far, I told you that in the first time.

Regards.

Lou.

Ps. Thanks everyone who understood me. May all of you have your problems solved.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
congrats lou, how was it resolved if u don't mind sharing?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
This isn't my fight and I have nothing but respect for evosport and Simon and VRP and Vadim. They're very reputable and innovative companies and individuals that are doing wonders in the tuning world. I would definitely trust them with my cars.

However, MJ is one of my good friends and I've heard about what has happened.

In the powerchip "End User Agreement" found on http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...asttrack_4.asp it explicitly states

Our Satisfaction Guarantee
Every Powerchip sold in Australia between March 11, 2005 and December 31, 2008 comes with an unconditional 14 day money back guarantee. This ensures that the Powerchip will live up to your expectations, not ours! If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the Powerchip, you may return the Powerchip to your place of purchase for a full refund of the purchase price (not including shipping and handling, installation and removal etc.).
(emphasis added.)

I know the EUA states "Australia", but that is the EUA that is linked to on the US website so I would assume that it is valid and binding.

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/common/docs/eula-aus.txt

I know MJ asked for a refund far before the requisite 14 days. He had the proper chain of custody for the car. The car went from VRP to the dealer and back to VRP. Powerchip has not backed up the allegations that someone (allegedly SI) read the data.

Furthermore, assuming arguendo, if the Powerchip tune was producing worse results than the SI tune, then why in the world would SI want to even read the Powerchip tune. There's no motivation on anyone's part to read the tune.

All in all, I think MJ should be refunded or at least given a credit at VRP so he can get headers.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
MJ, look at it from our view:

We have done numerous 55s in the last five years. They all make great power, just look at the E55 board.

When your car left, you drove it while I scanned it and car felt strong. Than a day later you send a dynograph that with your car making very low HP, less than stock.

I asked you to come in let us take a look at it. You refused and instead asked for a refund. When PC looked at DME, the special markings that were put on memory chip were gone, indicating that it was read.

You know all of this....................... why am I repeating myself?

Our offer to dyno your car with us present and with our software is still present.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:08 PM

bike
So is there ANYONE who has a EVO/Pwrchip tune that actually performs to what was promised?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Almost a Member!

08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MJ50
congrats lou, how was it resolved if u don't mind sharing?
Thanks MJ50.

I´m getting a refund. They will have the ecu by the end of the week to flash it back to stock.

Thanks Evosport again, this was exactly what I wanted, without getting this far.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:18 PM

'05 C55
Powerchip tuned the PCM for my '07 E63 and I did several dyno pulls before sending it to them. I received the PCM back, drove the car for a couple of days and returned to the dyno. The car felt slower and it was. I had lost 20+ RWHP and saw where the total ignition timing had dropped from 21 degrees total advance to 15 degrees. I sent it back for them to re-do. I receive it back and again I drive it for a couple of days and then returned to the dyno. The timing was back to stock and so was my horsepower. $1900. flushed down the toilet...

Never again will I send a PCM to them and will let everyone know my results. The above post surprises me not one bit. Powerchip also failed to tell me that my PCM was the first E63 PCM they had tuned. I also saw in an earlier post on this forum when the C63 first came out that Powerchip said the C63 PCM was "identical" to the E63 PCM.....Wow were they wrong....

I sent the PCM from my C63 to Cory at Kleemann and picked up 47 (that's right FORTY-SEVEN!) rear wheel HP. I went from 374 to 424 rear wheel HP before and after the tune. The car was a total rocket afterwards with no issues at all.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
vadim,

i don't need VRP or PowerChip to "prove" that your tune works.
to be honest, i'm sure it works and for some reason, the numbers just didn't come out as anticipated on my car...

i just simply wanted refund...
$1400 is not a small money and i just wanted it spent on header, 80mm TB or another MBenzNL mod... it's that simple...

i just spoke with my SA over the phone...
just mentioned to him that i had dyno run after the dealer visit and the #s came out lower than b4...
i was told by SA that they check all the modules (ECU, front SAM, rear SAM, etc...) and update if they are outdated...
this means, they read ECU file to determine if update is needed or not...
Old 11-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
So did you get a refund? or ecu reflashed? Even though I have renntech stuff, I would talk to the guys at Kleemann their stuff is better priced than Renntech and it looks like Kleemann cuts deals from time to time. Not to mention a wider selection of parts (I think?). If I was doing it all over again I would go Kleemann all the way.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I tell my SA do not update my car.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
just talked to vadim over the phone...
everything will be taken care of shortly...
thx vadim for personally looking after me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Evosport Ecu tune experience - Dyno results inside -