Sponsored by:

My C63 carjacked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
...one more thing, wait until the insurance company hears you were selling the car, they are going to think "insurance scam" all the way.

I am still wondering why the car was not located via SOS GPS? This feature is on EVERY new MB and even if you did not pay for the upgraded service they can still locate the car with the click of a mouse.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jrcart
...one more thing, wait until the insurance company hears you were selling the car, they are going to think "insurance scam" all the way.

I am still wondering why the car was not located via SOS GPS? This feature is on EVERY new MB and even if you did not pay for the upgraded service they can still locate the car with the click of a mouse.
if it is in a container you cant see it via gps. If it is underground you cant see it. In that case only lojack would really help.

Chances are it was out of sight of gps in 15 min or less.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Regardless, it doesn't make sense. Before selling a car private party, (I do and would) get ID/license, and the keys stay in my hand while they look in the car. It sounds a little careless. Hopefully the car gets tracked or is found.

JRCart does have a point, this will reek of insurance fraud based on the circumstances. People are setting houses on fire to collect insurance not realizing that foreclosure sends up a red flag bigger than the city of Atlanta to a claim adjuster.

People are crazy and will steal the smoke off of a blunt. ***** to steal out of your driveway? Dude try someone kicking your door in broad daylight while your eating dinner.

Sorry this happened to you, hope it works out.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
If someone steals my car, I don't want it back.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
That is carzy, Thank God you are OK, This happens all the time in AZ except its with ATV's. I agree with Yellowjacket, Once its stolen I don't want it back. I have a GPS tracking device on my car. So if my car was stolen I'm going to their house, and im bringing an AK47. Second thought I'll just call the cops because I'm a wimp. IMO someone with the ***** enough to steel a mercedes like that must know what they are doing.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
This is the pic of a thing that lives in my c63 trunk every day

Old 12-01-2008, 08:41 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by c63ukraine

Not much good if it's in your trunk and someone sticks a gun in your window.
I once got carjacked/kidnapped...they took me, in my car, to a remote alley, pulled me out of the car and stuck a 9mm to the back of my head. Needless to say I'm still here to talk about it...one of them got away with the car - I was lucky enough to be able to disarm the guy with the gun and hold him until the cops arrived. The cops had a hard time figuring out how I only had a couple cuts and bruises and the other guy had a broken nose, arm and fractured skull.
Had they told me to get out of the car, or if anyone tries to take your car...my advice is to give it to them. In my case, I had no other choice but to defend myself as I knew I was being taken to a secondary crime scene. Never let that happen to you as it almost always ends badly.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM

c63 amg
well you cant have it on your laps, not very comfortable. But I take it out when I go places it requires.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:50 PM

C63
Originally Posted by mike82y
thats madness.. cutting the roof
do you have any pictures to share?
Pics... Funny dude.

It was pretty bad, a tear about a foot long over the passenger seat. I loved driving it so much I went to Target and did a ghetto patch job with Velcro to delay putting her in the shop. Now that was the photo opp. I remember having it out with a buddy from high school the last time I got really hammered and passing out in the passenger seat while he drove and feeling rain drops while the top was up and my homemade repair kit gave way to the open skies.

What we do for the love of a car
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 PM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Originally Posted by jtdominate
Out of curiosity did he arrive at your house on foot or was someone driving him? I'm amazed at the police departments lack of thoroughness. I had someone cut the roof of my M3 a few years ago just to steal the iPod (still makes me mad). Woulda been easier on me if they would have smashed the glass. Anyway there was an ENTIRE palm print on the front windshield and the cops didn't even take the print.
That's because this is the real world, not CSI. First of all, it is not a trivial task to take and process fingerprints, and certainly in the department that I work for a stolen iPod does not merit the resources required to print and process a car. It is not a question of lack of thoroughness, at least where I work, it is a matter of prioritization of resources.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:25 PM

SL
let's say he's unarmed.... .will u be legally liable if you shoot him coz basically he's looking to carjack you and not harm you in the first place and supposedly there is no immediate threat of death? shooting an unarmed carjacker does not seem to be reasonable use of force for self defence... and that might get you in trouble eventually..
Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
depends on the rules of your state/country........

Originally Posted by phonetics
let's say he's unarmed.... .will u be legally liable if you shoot him coz basically he's looking to carjack you and not harm you in the first place and supposedly there is no immediate threat of death? shooting an unarmed carjacker does not seem to be reasonable use of force for self defence... and that might get you in trouble eventually..
Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
If he's using the jacked car as a weapon to drive it into you, then your life is in imminent danger and a gun seems like a viable option. I assume you only had to explain why you had a gun on you in the first place unless you have a concealed weapon license, but they don't really hand those out in Cali.

Last edited by BerBer63; 12-01-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Teleaid is an option on the C class, so maybe he didn't have it in his car.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:05 AM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
First of all with a car like the C63, I would Not allow test drives, point blank. I'm extremely glad that you and your family are fine... I would have first had a ride along then get a large deposit, if interested. But then if someone is up to NG, anything can happen. I'd say have some good communications prior to meeting ie; phone #'s calls... Years ago I had someone try to car Jack me from the driver side window while i was in the driver's seat in park w/ my engine running, when I seen him approaching asking me questions my "Brooklyn Quick Sense" kicked in, as I was responding to his questions (with my eyes right on him) I quickly put the car in drive (he didn't notice) left foot brake Rt gas... He got to about 2 feet from my car when he launched at me (in a split second i floored the accelerator and he went flying behind the car (his shoulder and neck was slammed into the center cab when he attempted to jump in) I then threw in it reverse (with my tires smoking) he jumped out of the way (lucky 4 him and me after the fact) as he ran into some brush holding his shoulder, I got out of my car cursing the *****, I was pretty fired up... Good luck to all and Happy holidays
Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
I wouldn't care if it's self defense or not...I'd shoot him

Anyways exiges really sorry about your car. But like everyone said, the important thing is that you're still here to tell the story
Old 12-02-2008, 01:17 AM

02 BMW M3, 06 Porsche Cayman S, 08 Range Rover, 08 VW R32, 09 C63
Sorry to hear about that man......
it really sucks.. hope insurance covers it..
Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Wow! As long as you are alright and someone finds the *******! If and when you find him... shove the exhaust up his *** and rev till the Engine turns off from over heating.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM

SL
i have been seeing some of people in this forum always talk about whereabouts of yourself and your rides, and who's selling what and when... i think this forum could be a good source for carjackers to have bad ideas...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:19 AM

SL
Originally Posted by c63ukraine

don't tell me your AK47 is to fight off carjackers... i think it's probably for your other purposes..

if i am in a country that needs an AK47 to prevent carjack... i think i ll give in and just drive a lesser risk car to ease the hassle...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:03 AM

c63 amg
phonetics - of course it is not for carjackers. and it is for other purposes. First of all my car insured, second of all it is not happens to cars like this here. This car is rear. nobody wants to steal rear car. too easy to find and nobody to sell to. they steal S class, E class, Lexus LS, RX and such. But not the carjackers method. they have much better equipment to open it up in 1 minute when you gone to take a ****
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
wow, thats insanity

can you provide more details???

like how did it go down?

you placed an ad, he replied?

you arranged a meet?

he came there, and instantly pulled a gun?

how'd it go down?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM

bike
That sucks. Please give some updates when you can.

Why did you decide to sell?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:35 AM

C63
Originally Posted by willc55
That's because this is the real world, not CSI. First of all, it is not a trivial task to take and process fingerprints, and certainly in the department that I work for a stolen iPod does not merit the resources required to print and process a car. It is not a question of lack of thoroughness, at least where I work, it is a matter of prioritization of resources.
I beg to differ. Not only was it a stolen iPod (misdemeanor) but felony destruction of property so don't give me the "resources" excuse. My neighborhood was having a rash of kiddie car thefts at the time. I guess the resources would be better served prosecuting the homeowner who legally shot and mortally wounded the BG home invader who didn't have the chance to kill him first. Why don't you come to the real world and feel some responsibility next time "your department" fails to carry out its duty. So my tax dollars don't get to work for me until I'm the victim of a violent crime GTFOH

This comes from a guy who's been arrested as a result of a malicious call from a female claiming to have been assaulted. So I've seen where those resources get appropriated. And point blank it ain't going to the right places. The embarrassment and humiliation of going to trail for something that NEVER happened and wasting money on a snake..I mean.. lawyer to defend me on something I didn't do is ridiculous at best. Then when I try to recoup on the civil end, my case gets laughed out of court because the proper procedures were followed by her "police friends". Again GTFOH
Old 12-02-2008, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Good thing nothing happened to you, where that took place?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C63 carjacked