I can hardly wait

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
I can hardly wait

I was told yesterday that my tenorite grey C63 AMG is now on the boat and on the way to Sydney for a January delivery. I can tell you guys how excited i am. I am going on holidays soon, going up to Brisbane, Queensland to see the folks for Christmas then heading up to Noosa for 10 days and then driving back to Sydney to pick up my new toy. I feel like a 10yr old befor Xmas!!

I have become so obsessed with getting this car and like some other people on this site i check it daily and live vicariously through some of the other owners on here who relate their stories of proud ownership.

This may sound a little extreme but i even moved house to a new place with dual garage to accomodate my new AMG, which will sit proudly next to my hulking ML63. I am excited as hell every time i start up the ML but after having test driven the C63 earlier this year, it amazess me much meaner the engine sounds in the C63 vs the ML63. I am almost looking orward to the day of cleaning the 2 cars sitting side by side, does that make me mental??
Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Obsessed? Yes! Mental? Yes! Join the club

Merry Christmas!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Porsche GT3
I know how you feel, I get mine on Friday.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
It is very normal for a man to be "nesting", it is part of our nature, make way for the new baby, dont feel so cookoo, we all are in the same boat, btw, you will have the best of both worlds, awesome SUV.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:51 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Mental or not.. as said above, we all went through the phase! But it seems you have quite a garage down there, so do take pictures when you take delivery!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:26 PM

2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
Originally Posted by mrtesting
Mental or not.. as said above, we all went through the phase! But it seems you have quite a garage down there, so do take pictures when you take delivery!
exactly, everyone here I guess has come across the same situation
Old 12-09-2008, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I can't imagine having to wait months to get the car. A week after I placed my order for a Tenorite Grey, I got a call from the dealer saying they have a Black one where the purchaser cancelled. The sales rep asked if I'd consider taking the Black one instead of waiting 3 months for my Tenorite Grey. Although Black wasn't the colour I had intended to get, I thought about it for about 9 seconds, and said, "Yes, I'll take it!" According to the sales rep, I would probably get my car in about a week.

Well, I can tell you even that one week wait was absolutely gruelling! I went to the dealership almost everyday to check if the car had arrived yet. My sales rep would come to greet me at the door every time he saw me pull up, and his first reaction would be a shrug of his shoulders to indicate that he's still waiting for the car to turn up. He must have thought I had some kind of mental disorder. LOL

When the car finally came, I didn't even give him a chance to go through any of the functions of the car. I just signed everything, chose whatever half-decent license plate the insurance broker had, and said, "get out of my way! I'm taking this thing outta here!!"

Yes, there is something evil lurking in this car, and it's cast its spell on all of us.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:32 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I can't imagine having to wait months to get the car. A week after I placed my order for a Tenorite Grey, I got a call from the dealer saying they have a Black one where the purchaser cancelled. The sales rep asked if I'd consider taking the Black one instead of waiting 3 months for my Tenorite Grey. Although Black wasn't the colour I had intended to get, I thought about it for about 9 seconds, and said, "Yes, I'll take it!" According to the sales rep, I would probably get my car in about a week.

Well, I can tell you even that one week wait was absolutely gruelling! I went to the dealership almost everyday to check if the car had arrived yet. My sales rep would come to greet me at the door every time he saw me pull up, and his first reaction would be a shrug of his shoulders to indicate that he's still waiting for the car to turn up. He must have thought I had some kind of mental disorder. LOL

When the car finally came, I didn't even give him a chance to go through any of the functions of the car. I just signed everything, chose whatever half-decent license plate the insurance broker had, and said, "get out of my way! I'm taking this thing outta here!!"

Yes, there is something evil lurking in this car, and it's cast its spell on all of us.
I'll never forget when I placed my order.. it was about a year and half ago! It was the 1st day that AMG had put up the C63 Website.. the next day I was at the dealership. I had not seen the car.. there were probably only 2 or maybe 3 videos of the car circulating around the internet at that time! I remember one was the official Mercedes video and the two other were the Spy videos of the car revving and down shifting on the Ring.

After that day, I did not have an easy sleep for a year! It was brutal.. I am a musician but all my ears could hear were the sound of heaven coming out of the exhaust of this car! ahhhh I love her..
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by mrtesting
I'll never forget when I placed my order.. it was about a year and half ago! It was the 1st day that AMG had put up the C63 Website.. the next day I was at the dealership. I had not seen the car.. there were probably only 2 or maybe 3 videos of the car circulating around the internet at that time! I remember one was the official Mercedes video and the two other were the Spy videos of the car revving and down shifting on the Ring.

After that day, I did not have an easy sleep for a year! It was brutal.. I am a musician but all my ears could hear were the sound of heaven coming out of the exhaust of this car! ahhhh I love her..
Clearly, you need medical help more urgently than I do.

(just kidding)
Old 12-09-2008, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Same here, I originally ordered a tenorite gray with sahara beige interior. I told the dealer to call me whenever they get a C63, becuase never seen one, never heard one, only thing I had going to make this decision over the other german cars was this website, euro magazines and whatever videos I could find back in April/MAY...so they get a irridium silver In July and he calls me, my orderd car still was about 8 weeks away, so i raced to the dealer and there she was, in the showroom, he started it and HOLY COW, this thing is nuts, asked if he could take it out, and we did as it was about 8pm, no manager in site so we took it for a 10 minute drive.......SOLD!!!! Have it ready for me tomorrow, totally forgot about the other car I ordered, couldnt wait and for some reason this color combo Irridium Silver/ Black leather just reminded me of the FIA Formula 1 Safety/Medical car that I had to have it, never regreted it and always happy.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Ohhh I was very close to Medical attention.. And I totally understand what you are saying 1st amg!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
My car had a build date of 11/24, and it still hasn't said what ship it was placed on from the cargo tracking site. I hope its not sitting in Germany for 2 weeks, I'm dying to know.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
So can you actually track the progress of a car being built with MBUSA?

back with bmw i remember with the owners circle you just needed a VIN and you could track its progress from beginnning to completion...