Sponsored by:

Worst Luck Possible!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Angry Worst Luck Possible!

It is official to me that I have the worst luck possible! I'll keep it short..

About 40 minutes ago, I was driving home from doing some late night shopping... it has been snowing here in Toronto for the past hour or so, and right before that, we had rain for a few days and then a sudden cold weather which resulted in all the roads being black mirrors.. anyways..

I was about to make a turn I always make to drive towards my home and some son of a ***** mother effing lazy ******* had forgotten to shovel away the damn bank of snow away from the street and as I was turning, the car automatically began steering for itself as if the steering wheel was just there for looks.. of course it was the damn black ice taking control over the tires, steering wheel and ABS! Even ETC could not help keep the car straight.. so I tried quite hard not to hit the pedestrians or other objects that would be considered public property, so the left side of my front bumper went straight into the bank of snow.. or so I thought it was snow, until I got out of the car to find out that it had turned into concrete looking ice from all the rain..

To sum up, the damn ice broke the front bumper where the blades are located and the under body of the front bumper! I am again very frustrated.. the ice didn't have mercy on me either.. as I exit the car to examine the issue, I slipped on the same ice that the car had slipped on and I almost broke my arm and back.

I also attached a few photos I shot after returning back to parking..Please help me out here with some ideas.. other than the obvious replacement of the entire front bumper by the dealership. How can I find out the part # of the front bumper? Any ideas would help.. I am shooting blanks at the moment..

Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
dont feel so bad. i fu*c my trunk up the 2nd week i had the car. and its still like that to me its just a good luck charm that i will have on my car till next week lol.

i have to replace the whole trunk over 1000 in parts and labor.

thatnk god it was nothing worse is what u have to say b/c black ice is bad.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
just thinking about it.

do you like the dtm front bumper?
if so get that if you going to replace it. new look.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by mthis
just thinking about it.

do you like the dtm front bumper?
if so get that if you going to replace it. new look.
Wow.. that is bad! And of course I love the DTM look! Where can I replace it with?

PS. Nice avatar!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by mrtesting
Wow.. that is bad! And of course I love the DTM look! Where can I replace it with?

PS. Nice avatar!
i got it off google.

i think some one in here was posting up part number about some bumper. i would love to get my hand on that as well. i will try to reserch.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
sorry to hear man. This is why I don't drive my Merc in bad weather. I have my Beater Jeep for that.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Same here, I use an alternative my JEEP in bad weather... Sorry about the accident and i hope you feel better w/ your injuries,,, Happy New year! To All!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 AM

STi
It is official to me that I have the worst luck possible! I'll keep it short..

About 40 minutes ago, I was driving home from doing some late night shopping... it has been snowing here in Toronto for the past hour or so, and right before that, we had rain for a few days and then a sudden cold weather which resulted in all the roads being black mirrors.. anyways..

I was about to make a turn I always make to drive towards my home and some son of a ***** mother effing lazy ******* had forgotten to shovel away the damn bank of snow away from the street and as I was turning, the car automatically began steering for itself as if the steering wheel was just there for looks.. of course it was the damn black ice taking control over the tires, steering wheel and ABS! Even ETC could not help keep the car straight.. so I tried quite hard not to hit the pedestrians or other objects that would be considered public property, so the left side of my front bumper went straight into the bank of snow.. or so I thought it was snow, until I got out of the car to find out that it had turned into concrete looking ice from all the rain..

To sum up, the damn ice broke the front bumper where the blades are located and the under body of the front bumper! I am again very frustrated.. the ice didn't have mercy on me either.. as I exit the car to examine the issue, I slipped on the same ice that the car had slipped on and I almost broke my arm and back.

I also attached a few photos I shot after returning back to parking..Please help me out here with some ideas.. other than the obvious replacement of the entire front bumper by the dealership. How can I find out the part # of the front bumper? Any ideas would help.. I am shooting blanks at the moment..

]

Ouch, sorry to hear your little accident! I know what you mean about driving last night as I am about an hour west from where you are. The road has signs of black ice all over it. The only thing I can do was treated at such but luckly I was out early enough that it hasn't freeze over yet.

IMHO, it seems like you can have it repaired but the important questions is if the body shop willing to spend the time on it or not?
The idea is to bond it back in place with some heavy duty/industrial epoxy or similar, than reenforce it with some fiber glass matt and fiber glass filler. Next would be to sand and fill in the front (joint) with body filler and or polyester putty. Last would be the prime and paint.

liquiddi, dlbello,
I know not every can have the option of a winter beater but I would and I do have one. Being its a little 4cyl/fwd car. Even though the awd would be ideal for winter driving.
I Just can't stand with all that salt bouncing off and covering my car.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
I would go over to Weston Auto Collision (MB). Ask for Enzo (owner) and see what he can do. They are always my first (and usually last) stop for any MB body work:

Weston Auto Collision‎
931 Weston Road, York,
ON M6N 3R4, Canada‎ - (416) 763-3591‎

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 PM

C63
oh noes, sorry to see that

a month ago, someone rear-ended my car while i stopped at a red light. good thing is his insurance company covered everything.

anyway, good luck with repair. i would never drive my c63 with stock summer performance tires on.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I don't see how something like that can be repaired. I'm not even sure if you'd want it to be "repaired". A new bumper is the only way that that can be taken care of. For what it's worth, my S4 had to have its rear bumper replaced recently because of an accident and it cost about $3,100+ (Canadian) to have it replaced.

Might want to go through insurance if it comes to that.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by wuyichao

a month ago, someone rear-ended my car while i stopped at a red light. good thing is his insurance company covered everything.

anyway, good luck with repair. i would never drive my c63 with stock summer performance tires on.
In fairness, even with snow tires on (as I do on my C63), the black ice on a lot of Canadian roads is so bad that the car snakes its way down the road even when you're just going straight. Just don't even bother getting into the AMG when the conditions are like that.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:57 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by wuyichao

Thank you everyone for all the help! It means a lot!

And I have heavy duty winter tires on as well! But as mentioned by SebringSilver, winter in Canada has no mercy for anything!

I actually saw one of those snow plowing tractors slide and almost find its way into the local grocery store.. and I am sure no Jeep or winter tire is going to withstand the brutal forces of nature. May god be with us if this winter continues on like this..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Sorry to hear....but it adds flare to the C63-winter in MN has been mean as well....went completely sidways at 45 on the highway here in rush hour....along with 7 other people....was kinda fun to watch from the back.....gl on the repair!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Thank you everyone for all the help! It means a lot!

And I have heavy duty winter tires on as well! But as mentioned by SebringSilver, winter in Canada has no mercy for anything!

I actually saw one of those snow plowing tractors slide and almost find its way into the local grocery store.. and I am sure no Jeep or winter tire is going to withstand the brutal forces of nature. May god be with us if this winter continues on like this..
I just re-read your first post. We really have to be extra careful once the sun goes down because that little bit of snow that gets melted immediately freezes in the evening and becomes ice. We really have to be extra careful out there, not just with our own driving, but being defensive and watching out for other drivers who might be just as susceptible to these poor road conditions.

On a positive note, it looks like it's just cosmetic damage, and you can get that bumper replaced relatively easily.

Again, good luck.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Sorry about your car. At least there is no damage to the metal panels, etc. They can get that bumper off and a new one on pretty easily.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I just re-read your first post. We really have to be extra careful once the sun goes down because that little bit of snow that gets melted immediately freezes in the evening and becomes ice. We really have to be extra careful out there, not just with our own driving, but being defensive and watching out for other drivers who might be just as susceptible to these poor road conditions.

On a positive note, it looks like it's just cosmetic damage, and you can get that bumper replaced relatively easily.

Again, good luck.
Ohh I hear you.. especially with the bad driver's education that we have in Canada.. I was so lucky there weren't any cars around! I think I will simply replace the front bumper as it looks to be just one piece.

I wouldn't mind replacing it with the DTM front bumper, if someone has the part # available..
Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
sorry to hear about the accident. My bumper is also cracked, but I have no idea how it happened. AMG body parts are not cheap.

also, mthis, I think your avatar is highly inappropriate. Some people like to spend a few minutes at work looking at this site (perhaps during lunch), and your avatar is not work safe. If thats not a violation of board rules, it should be.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Oliverk
sorry to hear about the accident. My bumper is also cracked, but I have no idea how it happened. AMG body parts are not cheap.

also, mthis, I think your avatar is highly inappropriate. Some people like to spend a few minutes at work looking at this site (perhaps during lunch), and your avatar is not work safe. If thats not a violation of board rules, it should be.
ther is no nippels ther im sure that google looked that up before i did and they let is stay ther. hey if you dont like t!ts dont look at them.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 PM

If it runs I'll drive it
Sucks to see that happen. I'm glad to be in sunny state-California. Get a new bumper. You can do a search by calling up the local MBZ dealership and asking them for the part number. Then go to place and get it refinished along with your grille...

If you want to skip all the hassle just bring it to your local/very well reputable German body shop. Talk to the owner and see if he/she can help you out. Would save time and money.