Sponsored by:

Car came finally...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Car came finally...

I asked the dealer not to drill holes in the bumper in August and when the car arrived on monday.....ends up they drilled holes in the front bumper anyways.

Contemplating if I want to accept. Might not seem like a big deal, but I thought it was a fairly simple and only request. I will never run a front license plate. I planned on getting a tow hook attachment or some other way. I will probably pay to do the work myself if I accept the car and don't want to have body work (filling the holes with bondo and repainting) done before putting 1 mile on the car

After 4 months of waiting, I'm asking for a new bumper or moving on.

Last edited by BerBer63; 01-13-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2009 | 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
That's a shame. Good luck though.
Old 01-13-2009 | 10:51 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
yea, dealerships have a fetish for drilling holes in the front. Some attach their logo on the back of the car which is a farce a can never understand. Why should the customer be doing free advertising for the dealership? If you want me driving around with your dealership crest stuck on the *** of my car, pay me.

tell em to take the car back and make the holes go bye bye. Who knows, maybe theyll hook you up with a free key chain
Old 01-13-2009 | 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
With all of MB's engineering prowess, why couldn't they do something different? ****, even Honda has brackets that don't require drilling into the bumper.

I would pass on it. But that's just me.
Old 01-13-2009 | 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Anyone one know the price of a new C63 front bumper, with labor and paint installed?

I'm willing to take a discount of equal value of a new bumper fitted off MSRP + the 2,500 discount she already quoted me for.

F**kin idiots.
Old 01-13-2009 | 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by chubbs032
Anyone one know the price of a new C63 front bumper, with labor and paint installed?

I'm willing to take a discount of equal value of a new bumper fitted off MSRP + the 2,500 discount she already quoted me for.

F**kin idiots.
Will the dealer not get a new bumper for you? It seems like it should be their responsibility.

They really dropped the ball on this one. Biggest reason I hate dealerships. Every time they're told to do something, they ignore you.

Hope things turn out well!
Old 01-14-2009 | 12:38 PM

'13 E63, '15 GL450, '12 Range Rover Sport
I spent 15 minutes with my salesman and his prep man at Mercedes of Greenwich trying to figure out ways to mount the front plate and unfortunately the lower grill was just an inch or so too short from top to bottom to fit my NJ plate - and so the prefered solution, mounting it against the lower grill with black ties was ruled out. I settled for a black plastic mounting piece with no border that fit perfectly over the front fender and I think it looks fine and I am not sweating the the two holes at this point. I am not sure where the mounting bracket came from but I assume it came with the car because it fits perfectly. I hear you though, sucks to put holes in a new car even for the plates but I decided not to sweat the small things I guess and I feel better for it(at least I keep telling myself that...)
Old 01-14-2009 | 12:52 PM

bike
F*** them...

Seriously. Tell them you were 100% going to buy but since they drilled the holes you're going to pass. Dealerships need to learn that the customers come first.

No way should you buy a new bumper and eat the cost. Tell them you'll buy if they get you a new bumper free of charge.
Old 01-14-2009 | 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
Originally Posted by g.smiley
yea, dealerships have a fetish for drilling holes in the front. Some attach their logo on the back of the car which is a farce a can never understand. Why should the customer be doing free advertising for the dealership? If you want me driving around with your dealership crest stuck on the *** of my car, pay me.

tell em to take the car back and make the holes go bye bye. Who knows, maybe theyll hook you up with a free key chain
dealerships have a fetish for drilling holes in the front omfg rofl.
Old 01-14-2009 | 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
at least have the dealership to fix or walk away...
Old 01-14-2009 | 05:55 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Don't settle with the ***** at all! When my car was being delivered to me I made sure that my sales rep and his manager understood that a hole drilled on the bumper would equal to me not getting the car from them, and surely enough there were no holes.
Old 01-14-2009 | 06:40 PM

2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Arctic White PP
have them replace your bumper. i didnt hav any holes drilled. they might make you sign something stating you left the dealer with no front plate but no biggie. i have my car for 6 months wwithout a front plate and have not gotten a problem. i wouldnt do holes on a bumper with a car worth over 70k. i agree with you

I asked the dealer not to drill holes in the bumper in August and when the car arrived on monday.....ends up they drilled holes in the front bumper anyways.

Contemplating if I want to accept. Might not seem like a big deal, but I thought it was a fairly simple and only request. I will never run a front license plate. I planned on getting a tow hook attachment or some other way. I will probably pay to do the work myself if I accept the car and don't want to have body work (filling the holes with bondo and repainting) done before putting 1 mile on the car

Old 01-14-2009 | 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
ahhh--I had the same problem when I got my CLK new. And to make matters worse I have an old plate from my state, so I don't have a front plate to mount anyway(a$$holes).

I accepted the car and was totally bummed for a little while. I looked at "bumper plugs" etc., but decided to mount a Euro plate on the front of the car. Four years later I don't care much about the bumper, but I'd still rather have no holes. I have come to like the Euro plate very much and I get compliments on it.

When I get my next ride (probably a C63) I will walk if they drill the holes again!

I agree that it's a fetish of theirs--I can picture the prep guy smiling the whole time he's drilling your factory fresh bumper.....

Either way make the best of it or walk--these cars are starting to stack up at dealer lots, maybe you can find one just like you ordered.
Old 01-14-2009 | 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
F*** them...

Seriously. Tell them you were 100% going to buy but since they drilled the holes you're going to pass. Dealerships need to learn that the customers come first.

No way should you buy a new bumper and eat the cost. Tell them you'll buy if they get you a new bumper free of charge.
What he said!!! I can't stand horrible dealers like this, and trust me I have first hand experience with my USELESS MB dealer in Brooklyn NY. If people would just refuse to accept their BS practices and RIP OFF prices they wouldn't be able to get away with it anymore.
Old 01-14-2009 | 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
After a lengthy discussion and argument, they will only agree to fix/fill holes and paint the bumper, no replacement bumper.

I'm going to have them do that, and if it's not up to my liking I will just walk.

Besides their stupidity, I'm just furious I waited 4 months for this car with clear instructions and they dont give a flying f**K. The only reason I ordered the car besides loving the idea of a car made to order was also for the CF Trim.

This experience has left me so pissed off, if I don't take this car I'm going to either replace my order, find a C63 on the lot without CF trim, or take another look at an M3.

Is there anyway you can order CF Trim through the MB parts department and have it installed on a non-CFtrim car?
Old 01-14-2009 | 11:00 PM

BMW
Don't take the car! The paint on the front bumper is a special paint that is different from the rest of the car and they won't use the proper paint I can assure you because it cost more. Walk away from it ... trust me... the experience already sucks so you already lost out. Hold off and get what you really want. At these price levels you deserve to get what you want!
Old 01-14-2009 | 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
that sucks... i would have them fill your holes or give you something in return
Old 01-14-2009 | 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
It's just a bumper cover. Don't sweat the little stuff - if they can fill and paint it should be as good as new - it's only a small plastic type covering. I am sure that if the finish looks like crap they can order a bumper cover - though that comes unpainted so back to the body shop again.

I do agree with the others - DO NOT settle. After a few months, it becomes less of a wet dream and more of a "man I really love this car, but it is just transportation" type of car.

Ok, maybe not - but certainly while driving on a ticket it does.
Old 01-14-2009 | 11:14 PM

2009 C63
After a lengthy discussion and argument, they will only agree to fix/fill holes and paint the bumper, no replacement bumper.

I'm going to have them do that, and if it's not up to my liking I will just walk.

Besides their stupidity, I'm just furious I waited 4 months for this car with clear instructions and they dont give a flying f**K. The only reason I ordered the car besides loving the idea of a car made to order was also for the CF Trim.

This experience has left me so pissed off, if I don't take this car I'm going to either replace my order, find a C63 on the lot without CF trim, or take another look at an M3.

Is there anyway you can order CF Trim through the MB parts department and have it installed on a non-CFtrim car?
I would be very wary. The bumper may look absolutely ok until you hit something with it. Any bumpers that I have ever had repainted look like crap after the first thing you hit, and I am not saying hit hard, but just hard enough to crack the paint. Bumpers that come with the car, as far as I know, are coated with paint that is special and cured by heat. Just my 2 cents... I would not accept that unless they are giving you a HUGE discount.
Old 01-14-2009 | 11:20 PM

2007 Chrysler 300C SRT8
obviously it's not the only MB dealer in L.A.
if you truly are adamant about having an original, virgin front bumper, not one thats been poked twice already, then dont get it.
honestly, i would not want the bumper replaced. you dont even have 1 mile on it and the front bumper is being removed, it's never as good as it was from the factory. and re-painting and covering the hole? HELL NO!
this is not a cheap vehicle, and you shouldnt settle, if you dont want to.
bet you can go to another MB dealer, tell them about your situation, tell them you walked from it. tell them you want the SAME car, minus the holes, same price. bet they get it for you, and bet you wont have to wait as long this time.
Old 01-15-2009 | 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by shaker
I would be very wary. The bumper may look absolutely ok until you hit something with it. Any bumpers that I have ever had repainted look like crap after the first thing you hit, and I am not saying hit hard, but just hard enough to crack the paint. Bumpers that come with the car, as far as I know, are coated with paint that is special and cured by heat. Just my 2 cents... I would not accept that unless they are giving you a HUGE discount.
+1
Repainted bumpers chip soo easily in my experience. MB does use special paint. Not just on the bumber but on the entire car. It's impregnated with ceramic. Very unlikely that the dealer uses this when doing paint work. Screw them. Let them pay to patch it up and then walk away so they can re drill the holes for another customer.
Old 01-15-2009 | 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

dont feel bad. at least they drilled only 4 holes in u car i have 8 holes in the front bumper. i guess someone dint know what they were doing. good luck and drive safe.
Old 01-15-2009 | 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by mthis
dont feel bad. at least they drilled only 4 holes in u car i have 8 holes in the front bumper. i guess someone dint know what they were doing. good luck and drive safe.
LOL was the guy seeing double?
Old 01-15-2009 | 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by GBlansten
LOL was the guy seeing double?
i have no clue he might of been smoking pot.

i took of my front plate and the plate holder (watever its tomuch weed j/k) to detail my car and saw i have 8 holes. i said to my self did i smoke today or he did. still dint get a answer from my self yet
Old 01-16-2009 | 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
hate to pile on, but I wouldn't let them repaint the bumper for all of the reasons above.
walk--there's other CF cars out there probably just like you ordered, call around and check Cars.com inventory, etc.

Like Shaker said once the bumper hits anything the paint will flake, not to mention those rock chips you're bound to get.

Yes, Mercedes does use ceramic paint after 2006 on all cars to my knowledge--the dealer, probably just some glossy Krylon in a spray can!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car came finally...