Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009 | 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
can you detail which runs are which on the dyno? MKB vs MHP?

Originally Posted by Dads C63
Gentlemen,
You can be skeptical but see the proof. I'm not a paid sponsor or supporter, just someone that wants the most power I can get out of my C63. I originally purchased the complete MKB Stage II package and then the complete MHP V3 ECU/TCU package. The results are below. You can make your own decisions but here's what they did for me as of yesterday. We are making some more adjustments to improve the power further so there's more to come. Good luck racing.
Old 02-10-2009 | 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by CL#1
Not sure how my quote is "fanning the flames..." Injecting a little humor never hurt anyone so loosen up. We share a common interest here and one that I suspect will reveal itself very soon.
I'm just hoping everyone keeps a level head with this thing. Any attempt to aggravate things further would not be helpful to anyone at this point. If that was not your intention, then I apologize. However, things are sensitive around here right now, so extra due dilligence is needed before posting.

Peace.
Old 02-10-2009 | 09:55 PM

2008 MB S63
I think its funny how this is turning into a POWERCHIP VS MHP thread.. Not to bash on one of the companies I just stated, but I can remember a certain man/owner of a company (not saying names out of the respect of the tuner and owner) offering me a lot of neat software just to make a thread similar to this and try to put MHP down.. And hey money talks! Since I was biased on the situation back then I thought about it but that was foul play... I vote on closing this thread and waiting till MHP can have a defense.. Kicking dirt on some one while they are down is just wrong...
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by otoupalik
He was given the opportunity to reply in one clear and concise post that the board owner would post for him. This was a decision that the board owners and the admins made in order to give him due process. That was his reply.
Fair enough.
Yo Adrian, you da' man!

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Additionally, please remember that if he had not violated board policy, he would not be on suspension and could post himself.
I have no trouble with that part. Obey the rules or die ... figuratively, of course.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by CL#1
Not sure how my quote is "fanning the flames..." Injecting a little humor never hurt anyone so loosen up. We share a common interest here and one that I suspect will reveal itself very soon.
What is with all these innuendoes and TBA posts by various members....it's like Junior High all over again. Just spill the beans.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
this thread is still open. wow. i cant belive its not closed and deleted already,
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:07 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by Salerno713
I think its funny how this is turning into a POWERCHIP VS MHP thread.. Not to bash on one of the companies I just stated, but I can remember a certain man/owner of a company (not saying names out of the respect of the tuner and owner) offering me a lot of neat software just to make a thread similar to this and try to put MHP down.. And hey money talks! Since I was biased on the situation back then I thought about it but that was foul play... I vote on closing this thread and waiting till MHP can have a defense.. Kicking dirt on some one while they are down is just wrong...
I can assure you that I do not promote ANY COMPANY, not Powerchip, not Rentech, not EVO sport, NONE OF THEM. I am not kicking any dirt either, just providing facts.

Last edited by Tim Milliken; 02-10-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Salerno713

i think you hit it right on the tip top of the head this time, as we say here in ny and everywhere else you hit it right on the money.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Tim Milliken
I can assure you that I do not promote ANY COMPANY, not Powerchis, not Rentech, not EVO sport, NONE OF THEM. I am not kicking any dirt either, just providing facts.
why dont you call him your self and talk to him on the phone.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
I can assure you that I do not promote ANY COMPANY, not Powerchis, not Rentech, not EVO sport, NONE OF THEM. I am not kicking any dirt either, just providing facts.
what happen you sceard his ganna find out who you work for? call the man and do this the old way meet up somewher im sure he will go wher you are and talk to you mano e mano

Originally Posted by nrgy
Keeping the TCU issue separate, as this seems to be the only gripe by the OP, I am assuming that MHP's ECU tune is NOT in question...as has been proven by multiple 3rd party consumers through dyno and track results, and even independent video of a stock C63 vs a MHP tuned C63.

I have to admit though, jrcart's comments thus far leave me very confused as I do respect his reviews and opinions as I believe he cuts through all the b.s., therefore whatever is revealed in the next few days will carry some weight. However for all I know, it could be exactly the opposite of what anyone here is thinking.

I'm really disappointed all this drama has to happen now, just as MHP is about to release their headers/full exhaust and put out some new numbers. The timing of everything, the nature of some of these posts, the people involved in this thread, the 30 day suspension given to MHP for a reason I still do not know (yes I've read the thread in question) just makes no sense at this point.

Personally, I feel MHP should be allowed to defend themselves in this thread at least. As a potential customer who wasn't interested in the TCU portion of the tune anyhow, I would like to get all the facts so I can make an informed decision. I'm sure some stuff will be revealed later on this week, but without any representation by MHP nothing will be even close to being resolved.
Yeah, I think their ECU tune is fine, but I think Andy's main selling point was his ability to tune the TCU.

Maybe Evosport got their hands on MHP's ECU from Jim's car while out in Cali?

Who knows what happened.

MBWorld Fanatic!

Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
Start reading at page 61 of my first link. Continue reading from there.

From what I read, the TCU is a seperately addressable control unit. From looking over the shoulders of AMG engineers working on one of the cars at the event, the process of programming each processor seemed similar.

Since it is necessary to program the new TCU after installation, I find it highly unlikely that the ECU carries any code that get automatically downloaded to the TCU. Also, given the marraige of the 2 devices, I would have to say any change to the TCU program would have to be done with the car in hand. Sending an ECU to someone for programming would only result in the ECU being programmed and have no change to the TCU program. HOWEVER, I would consider it very likely that the information being sent to the TCU by the ECU could be modified in order to get the TCU to do something different than it normally would.

Now, for my advice to the OP, MHP, and the Mods. Take it off line and then if you can all come to a happy place post the result. If not, keep it to yourselves

jrcart, just stating that you are changing your tune is like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Recognize the position and responsibility you have given the reputation you have created with your modifications.

I know I don't have a dog in this race, but this is probably the single most informative and level headed post. I don't agree with my highlighted portion, however. I think that this should be played out in a public arena, sans the insults.

I fully agree with your comment towards jrcart. Jim has earned a reputation, by some, as one of the most dedicated modifier of MB's in the country and I'm sure many people on this board are using his modifications, and history with tuners, as a blueprint for their own projects. He was a huge cheerleader for MHP and for him to post that he's dumping the MHP tune and that he has much more information about the entire situation than most people, and not at least give a partial explanation is completely irresponsible, IMO.

Not attacking you Jim, as I know you can be a bit sensitive at times. I just think that since you've posted in this thread numerous times about having so much information that you should share it. Obviously, that information is enough for you to eat the monetary investment and go back to Powerchip. Is the tune not safe? Does it have the possibility of grenadeing someone's engine or tranny?

I think if you're going to cheerlead when you believed that MHP tunes were good, you should also be willing to share your experience when you think their tunes are not so good.

That's it. Have a good night.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 02-10-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:14 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by chubbs032
What is with all these innuendoes and TBA posts by various members....it's like Junior High all over again. Just spill the beans.
I am a prime example of what happens when you "Just spill the beans", why would someone else want to step into the "poop" that I have?

Tim
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30

jrcart, just stating that you are changing your tune is like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Recognize the position and responsibility you have given the reputation you have created with your modifications.
I understand your concern and trust me when I say I am treading very lightly around this situation. I have been "enlightened" to certain facts pertaining to this topic for several weeks now, I am very heavily involved in the matter(s) at hand and it affects me directly. I do not think my actions can be compared to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, however I can see how someone on the outside of the situation looking in could think that. I have had a few weeks to ponder my decision and there are lots of solid facts that I based my decision on. Unfortunately that is all I care to comment on at this time. When the time is right, I, as well as some other members will let the perverbial cat out of the bag.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:20 PM

e550 4m
I am a prime example of what happens when you "Just spill the beans", why would someone else want to step into the "poop" that I have?

Tim
I dont think you can compare yourself to jrcart, especially when reporting / sharing information. if was your first post man ... you joined to make that post, not to contribute in any other way. Yes, it could turn out to all be true and you will be the whistle blower ... but don't expect a post like that to earn you respect or influence on day two.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:24 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by mthis
what happen you sceard his ganna find out who you work for? call the man and do this the old way meet up somewher im sure he will go wher you are and talk to you mano e mano
First, everone knows who I work for, I am self employed. I do contract work for a lot of companies. What is the need in speaking by phone? He has blown up my pm box all day. I have already had the discussion with him about being a coward as he called me. If I am or ever was scared, I would not have used my name, but I not only posted my first name, but I also included my last name as well my friend.

Tim
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:28 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by stefario
I dont think you can compare yourself to jrcart, especially when reporting / sharing information. if was your first post man ... you joined to make that post, not to contribute in any other way. Yes, it could turn out to all be true and you will be the whistle blower ... but don't expect a post like that to earn you respect or influence on day two.
I have no plans of contributing any more to the MB owners. I cerntly did not ask for respect here either. I only wanted some facts to be out in the open for the public to know about what is going on. Now I have threats coming my way, for what gain??

Tim
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
First, everone knows who I work for, I am self employed. I do contract work for a lot of companies. What is the need in speaking by phone? He has blown up my pm box all day. I have already had the discussion with him about being a coward as he called me. If I am or ever was scared, I would not have used my name, but I not only posted my first name, but I also included my last name as well my friend.

Tim

so you saying you spoke to him on the phone to andy?
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Seems to me Tim Milliken is probably the only person who could have brought this out into the open, given his non-affiliation with any of MHP's competitors. Even though it's unclear at this time whether there is enough validity to the claims to warrant any further action, just as it's also unclear what that "further action" might entail, until more information is forthcoming, what is becoming clear is that there is much much more at work here than merely someone coming to MBWorld simply because he was referred to as a fool.

This is better than those Nancy Drew novels I've been reading to my kids.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by mthis
.... mano e mano
You do know that translates to "hand and hand", right?
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
here we go the bottom line is you tim are here to personally (you said it yourself) slam Andy and his products. the fact is he has many happy customers that feel he delivered exactly what he promised: Quicker shift, better throttle response, raised stall speed, and raised shift points to what we want to. You can call it TCU tuning, or ECU/TCU tuning or **** on a stick, but the fact is it works.
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
So that's an Italian Hand Job then?
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I believe its "hand e hand."
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
what ever i think most people got it,
Old 02-10-2009 | 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
LOL.......Best post since Tim's the 1st one.

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 02-10-2009 at 10:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?