Sponsored by:

Anyone do a Kleeman ECU tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
The ECU is 65 at the crank I believe and another 30-35 I believe from the Headers. I may be off a few give or take but that should be pretty close. shoot me an email to get a price quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 Kleeman; CLS63 Renntech; Kirkham 427S/C; 308 GTB; 911T 3.0 911 cab 3.6
Originally Posted by dremorg
How much HP & TQ gain w/that package you got from Kleeman (ECU & Headers) ?
rear wheel:

HP 446
TQ 408
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Ape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
So you are saying that the 63 engine is 50-60kto replace on a car that retails for 60-65k. Does that sound right to you?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM

E55
Engine replace ment

Originally Posted by Ape
So you are saying that the 63 engine is 50-60kto replace on a car that retails for 60-65k. Does that sound right to you?
You got it !!!! we had a clk55 customer hit something last year, tore a hole in pan and blew the motor. 55k ! Insurance covered it, they totaled the car

Kevin Ingold

Last edited by mbbpro; 02-22-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by M Junkie
great info!! im in atl and close to selling my m3 and picking up a c63. before i buy i always look for future mods and shops. so thanks, you saved me some looking.
I looked at the E90 M3 (I had an E46 M3 a few years ago, followed by a couple of 911s) but chose the C63 instead. I'm sure you've already looked and test driven, but if you want to check mine out and/or talk shop let me know.

(almost forgot to mention I'm in Alpharetta)
Old 02-22-2009, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
Originally Posted by mbbpro
Lew and Dustin,
Thank you again for letting us install the upgrades on your C63. As the number one Kleemann dealer in North and South America last year we are very proud of our tuning department. Our technicians are highly qualified and trained. We are also the largest SLR dealer in the south. I am currently tuning an SLR to 722 hp with Reentech, we have to actually pull the motor on this one. The one thing I will point out is be very careful on who tunes your vehicle. Let a Mercedes dealership do it, which there are not many. If you have an independent do it ,you will really put yourself in a position of getting a status 8 on your vehicle at your next service, that will follow it until the day it goes to the crusher. I do not care what that person says ( independent) , will they back you up if there is an issue? (the 63 motor is probably 50-60k )Is the guy who is welding a master certified license welder? ( we have to be here and yearly) What is there liability insurance say? If you have a Mercedes dealer that does it for you and you have a great relationship with then you are in better hands, if there are any issues. Trust me after doing this for 25 years we have had some things come up, but we over came them because we are a dealer. If an independent does it and they ( MB dealer) see it, it will be an excuse for them status 8 the car. Will it cost a little more? ( tuning at a dealer) You bet your a**, but your dealing with excellent techs.We even do repairs and service on Kleemann / Renntech vehicle that other dealers will not touch. We have many customers that live out of state that bring their modified vehicles here for service. Our facilities are incredible. We even have a dyno. A dyno will tell the complete story on hp and Lew has those numbers as stated. We keep alot of items in stock on the shelf, headers, etc. We also have Kleemann equipment in house for downloading your files and we do the prom installs here also in house. Independants do not have that type of equipment.We are also one of the 25 AMG Performance dealers in the country. We did not get there by mistake or become number one with Kleemann. It takes alot of work and knowledge, and passion. Once we tune a car we create a relationship and bond with our clients. We are highly involved with the AMG club and have track events, etc.

If you have your tuning done here, some times it might be overnite, we will provide you a Mercedes vehicle for a loaner and free stay at a suite hotel near us at no charge, now that is service

I am also 1 of 10 members on the accessory board for MBUSA. We meet 4 times a year to discuss accessories , tuning, etc
So if you had anthing done here and needed service some where else I have many contacts.

I would like to really thank all of you for buying an AMG and supporting Mercedes Benz. When you buy AMG you buy history and heritage.

If you ever get the chance to visit the AMG facility across the pond, do so,it is amazing.

We have on the way to our dealer this next month :
SL65 Black edition
SLR 722 !

Kevin Ingold

Mercedes Benzof Buckhead Performance Center
Atlanta, Georgia
www.mbobpc.com

Man i want to move back home, that kind of service is second to none......Keep up the good work guys....kind of feels like Southern Hospitality....they lack that out here in Cali
Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 AM
MVS

C63, Rs4, Lotus, DKW, Volvo +
Question

How does an indep franchised dealership override MBUSA's Policy on Status 8, on modified cars?

vs

Independant shop that does the same quality installation?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Deleted by moderator

Kevin,

I believe your company's self promotion is more appropriate as a sponsor on this forum. Why don't you pony up some $ as an MBWorld sponsor?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Ape

2004 TL; 2004 S2000; 2009 C63; 2009 ML350
Originally Posted by MVS

How does an indep franchised dealership override MBUSA's Policy on Status 8, on modified cars?

vs

Independant shop that does the same quality installation?
I had the same question; it seems to me that MB Buckhead would have to issue a stand alone warranty through a 3rd party based on what has been discussed to date on the boards. Or they are not reporting that cars have been modded to MBUSA, which based on what we have seen on the board, would be a breach of the MBUSA relationship?