C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing instrument cluster from Mph to Km.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
Question changing instrument cluster from Mph to Km.

Hey everyone, I have changed my instrument cluster from US Spec Mph to Gulf Spec Km/h. However the Fuel level is showing that iv got an empty tank and the ODO is blinking. how can I solve this problem. is it by resting the ECU or do I really need to reprogram it? Help me out guys.

Last edited by drager; 02-17-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
any !!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:48 PM

09 C63, honda oddessey 05,MB E350 sport
Hey you need to version code your cluster back to us version because the cluster is coded to to your car which it compares with other modules in car, that is the reason u have light blinking
Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
I have 3 questions to ask of you...

1. Which Gulf?
2. Explain a bit more about what steps you took in changing your instrument cluster?
3. Where do you live?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 PM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
Originally Posted by mrtesting
I have 3 questions to ask of you...

1. Which Gulf?
2. Explain a bit more about what steps you took in changing your instrument cluster?
3. Where do you live?

1. Arabian Gulf Middle East.
2. steps were not much, `i bought new instrument cluster, took out the old one and changed it with the one i bought.
3. I live in United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Hmmm...

1. I have studied a great deal throughout my life, and I cannot recall an Arabian Gulf, if you are from UAE then that is the Persian Gulf.
2. You make it sound as though you did the swap yourself, am I correct in assuming that from your way of writing?
3. Good, that means you have a few Mercedes dealers near you, call them.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 AM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
Hmmm...

1. I have studied a great deal throughout my life, and I cannot recall an Arabian Gulf, if you are from UAE then that is the Persian Gulf.
2. You make it sound as though you did the swap yourself, am I correct in assuming that from your way of writing?

1. http://images.google.ae/imgres?imgur...%3Dar%26sa%3DN

2. yes I did it by myself

3. 1 dealer is not interested to help me out and the reason is because we are not buying cars from them. Getting the cars from US much cheaper than what they sell it for in here.

there is another one in Dubai I might go and check with them.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 AM

2009 C63 AMG
drager... check with gargash they may help u but they will also probably rip u off in the process. have u tired to put the old cluster back?
I have a us spec and i just use the small km/h reading (comes up on the odometer layout) although i wish the other bigger digital speedometer would show km/h too but i cant switch it from mph?? good luck in getting ur car fixed
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 AM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
AKSpary,

I have an appointment with a guy who claim that he can do it but he need the car for 3 hours. I will keep you updated and let you know what will happen.

Last edited by drager; 02-18-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:39 PM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
got some update,

The guy who I took my car 2, is saying that his program software is expired and he will update it 2morw because its only available in Germany and they do the update online!!!. after fixing his issue he will try to reprogram my new instrument cluster.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by drager
1. http://images.google.ae/imgres?imgur...%3Dar%26sa%3DN

2. yes I did it by myself

3. 1 dealer is not interested to help me out and the reason is because we are not buying cars from them. Getting the cars from US much cheaper than what they sell it for in here.

there is another one in Dubai I might go and check with them.
Wow, what a valuable source you presented! Bravo on your not so academic findings! Go read some history books so perhaps the rest of the world doesn't drown you in stereo types.

As for your instrument cluster and car, I think you have enough of your "country men" who are able to crack the code.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
academic findings !, dude I dont need to read history books 2 get info about my area. I know it very well and I dont care what do the rest of the world call it.

atleast the "country man" knows how to fix the problem, not just a loudmouth person all he can do is talk n talk n talk.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:07 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by drager
academic findings !, dude I dont need to read history books 2 get info about my area. I know it very well and I dont care what do the rest of the world call it.

atleast the "country man" knows how to fix the problem, not just a loudmouth person all he can do is talk n talk n talk.
Goooood for you buddy! Let's hope with your mentality, you don't end up pulling a Saddam As I recall he talked a lot of as well.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 AM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
hahaha my mentality is more than perfect. it seems that the problem is with someone else !!! have a nice day.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:27 AM

08 C63
Hmmm...

Its the Arabian Gulf my freind =) Study your history books
Old 02-19-2009, 04:33 AM

08 C63
Goooood for you buddy! Let's hope with your mentality, you don't end up pulling a Saddam As I recall he talked a lot of as well.

WoooooW you can tell this guy is educated haha

Drager its ok bro some people find out where you are from and automatically become Haterz

Oh yea and just for your info Saddam was the Ruler of Iraq =) we come from a peaceful place called the United Arab Emirates. He had nothing to do with us. But im sure you have all that in your history books
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 AM

C63 AMG, SLR Mclaren
he is very well educated, indeed!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:28 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by C_63_UAE

Drager its ok bro some people find out where you are from and automatically become Haterz

Oh yea and just for your info Saddam was the Ruler of Iraq =) we come from a peaceful place called the United Arab Emirates. He had nothing to do with us. But im sure you have all that in your history books

Haterz...will be always haterz...
Just ignore them...I Dont understand why people pissed off just by knowing where you guys came from...
didnt even know wheres Saddam came from, yet still trash talking...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:19 AM

08 C63
Mr. testing
A brief reasoning of why its called the Arabian Gulf my Farsi friend, three reasons: 1- the coast on the Arabian side is much longer than the Iranian side, 2-The whole coast of the Gulf is populated by Arabs, including the Iranian side, so every body around that Gulf is an Arab or of an Arab stock, and last but not least there are seven arab countries around the coust of the Gulf compared to one Persian country. The only reason to call it Persian, is because some rumbaba, spithead, dong of a man called it Persian. You are obviously one of his decendants.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:02 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by C_63_UAE

Yea you are probably correct. I mean it's not like I major in Political Science and have Middle East as my main focus... that just wouldn't add up would it?

To be honest with you, this is a forum which is related to cars. When a tool comes here and specifically mentions "Gulf Spec Km/h", it is quite easy to understand who comes here to spread hatred and false information, and is here to hit two birds with one stone. That is of course if your "Gulf Spec Km/h" is different from the actual European units of measure! It's not like you kids pay the British and the Americans to teach you how to walk and talk... ohh no that is not the case at all!!!

Perhaps next time when you decide to join an English speaking forum, you might as well learn a thing or two about the language. Have you wise gentleman heard of the word Sarcasm? I am very well aware which country Saddam was from, so no need for your lesson, and as for your peaceful "place" which was nothing but sand up until 15 years ago.. I cannot even begin to actualize how you with all of your tiny might allow yourself to even talk politics without the permission of your Sheikh.

And "C_C63_UAE", are those the reasonings your masters taught you in school? Or did you get them from the link your buddy first posted here?

1. The coast on the Arabian side is in fact much smaller and mathematically and geographically speaking, Iran has the largest coast with the Persian Gulf, compared to all of the Arab nations combined.

2. The Iranian coast of the Persian Gulf is in fact populated by Arabic speaking Iranians and only a very small minority of southern Iran are Arabs by blood.

3. As mentioned above, all those seven Arab countries combined do not posses as large of a coast with the Persian Gulf as Iran does.

4. It IS called the Persian Gulf because of the fact that for over 5000 years of recorded history, way before your tiny United Arab Emirates existed, it has been known and called the Persian Gulf, by many world renowned historians, political scientists, sociologists, and more titles that your tiny little brain wouldn't be able to digest.

So just carry on with your so called questions and lets not get into politics.

And "B.E.R.U.A.N.G" for the love of god, you live in Seattle, Washington! Learn to speak ENGLISH!

Last but not least, don't be so quick to judge that I am Iranian.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Almost a Member!

c63 amg
mr testing no offense but go get a life dude..
what do u care if its called gulf spec turkish or mangolian spec.. or if its the persian or the arab of the GREAT GULF OF "TORONTO"
and just to be more clear i served four years in US base in abu dhabi, and can tell you be sure my friend it is absolutely nothing what u think of u... ignorance my friend ignorance.. thanks for your "wise" insight
and in ur case “Arrogance diminishes wisdom”

Last edited by essarai; 02-19-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by essarai
mr testing no offense but go get a life dude.. what do u care if its called gulf spec turkish or mangolian spec..
and just to be more clear i served four years in US base in abu dhabi, and can tell you its still million times better than where u live in.
go get a life dude
Wow... 4 years huh? That must feel like a life time!!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Almost a Member!

c63 amg
at least its something above ignorant people like you
who do not respect others or the service of one's country...
Old 02-19-2009, 06:04 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by essarai
at least its something above ignorant people like you
who do not respect others or the service of one's country...
Well if you want to talk respect, I recall you had written something along the lines of "it is much better than the place I live in, which is Canada" which was as disrespectful as possible. You can't even pay respect to your neighbour to the north! Then you decided to Edit your thread so that you could come back and say something even more useless and call me ignorant.

And if you served for your country, good for you! I don't see how that is related to the subject matter.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 PM

bmw 545i
Something that i've noticed when reading this and studying history, is that i find SOME arabs (and i'm not trying to be racist here only pointing out the obvious) don't like to accept FACTS as FACTS, it always seems as though they want to change it, i.e western influences on some arab countries, if they were to embrace it i think it would benefit all i.e UAE. The fact of the matter is in EVERY country excluding arab nations, they call and teach it as the "persian Gulf" even the UN Secretariat has issued two editorial directives in 1994 and 1999 mentioning that only the term "Persian Gulf" should be used in UN documents. ( map http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/maplib/docs/escwa.pdf )
People should accept it as it is and not change it because they don't like it.

All that being said...i don't think you should have changed the instrument cluster without getting a professional to help you out!!

Last edited by man_killa; 02-19-2009 at 10:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: changing instrument cluster from Mph to Km.