C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To listen to speakers or to listen to the exhaust? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM
GMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63 AMG PP
To listen to speakers or to listen to the exhaust? That is the question.

I find the H/K sound system to be excellent, especially the surround sound when watching a DVD movie on the COMAND!! However, the big problem is deciding when to listen to any music. I really, really love the sound from the exhausts and engine. Therefore, I drive with no music on unless I'm stuck in a traffic jam at which point if it's slow moving (above the standard 5km/h TV off feature) I'll listen to some music but if it's at a standstill, then I'll watch a movie.

This is the first car that I've had this problem with and it can be frustrating when you want to listen to a new album or song but don't want to miss out on the glorious sound from the quads!!. What do you guys do?

Speaking of exhausts, I had my wife drive me while I sat in the back......It sounds even better from the back seat!!! Last night I drove with my 2 year old daughter and wife. The little one wanted me to drive faster but as I didn't want to push it much at night, instead I dropped the windows down, put the gearbox into Manual mode then kept it in low gears and drove up to 6-7000rpm in 1st gear changed to 2nd then 3rd then down to 2nd with that fantastic throttle blip as the revs surged up to around 4,500rpm! My wife had a huge smile on her face while my daughter was giggling and laughing while asking for more, more!!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 AM

Mitsubishi evo9
windows down, music on soft
Thats the way i drive it when i take my dad's car out lolz.

Mannn.... so lucky that ur wife and daughter loves the sound...
My mum thinks its too loud so whenever we head out, windows up, put car in "C" mode, drive by letting go of brake....
oh and no "M" mode since its 'jerky'.... guess she hasn't been in my manual Mitsub Evo enuf to know that the c63 is NOT jerky...
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 AM

C63
I roll down the windows when driving around in the city, even when I'm still going through that stupid break in period Can't get enough of that sound
Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by Edi-no-son
windows down, music on soft
Thats the way i drive it when i take my dad's car out lolz.

Mannn.... so lucky that ur wife and daughter loves the sound...
My mum thinks its too loud so whenever we head out, windows up, put car in "C" mode, drive by letting go of brake....
oh and no "M" mode since its 'jerky'.... guess she hasn't been in my manual Mitsub Evo enuf to know that the c63 is NOT jerky...
However, my wife doesn't like to be driven fast, unlike my daughter. Though it's still a blast to listen to it at moderate speeds using the lower gears.

Must be hard to drive with your mum in the car.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
How bout this one:

Last weekend I was driving home and I was coming around a blind turn in 3rd gear at 3,5000 rpms and saw that my neighbor was on the side of the road riding his horse. I wanted to slow down so i wouldn't spook the horse and without really thinking I down shifted and the car let out a real bark....and the horse freaked out! I was laughing so hard I was crying and i could hear my neighbor screaming at me while he was getting control of the horse. Felt bad (after i stopped laughing) and now every time he sees me he scowls ....wonder why?
C63's exaust make your neighbors hate you... worth it!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:54 AM

2009 C63, 2010 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Danny_Boy
How bout this one:

Now I don't feel so alone
Old 02-24-2009, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I get the same scowled look on my neighbours face when I down shift in front of his house as he is washing his M3.......ahh, satisfaction! Funny, the bimmer driver will never give you the satisafction of coming over and checking the AMG out, they seem to do it in a very sneaky way, with those dark sunglasses so we cant see his eyeballs.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Oh, and it is C63 powerplant over the Harmon Kardon everyday, only in stop and go traffic does the Harmon Kardon seize the opportunity to pleasure my eardrums.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
even with the sound system blaring, i can still hear the exhaust
Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 AM

C63
no doubt, the best feature of my C63---->exhaust note
Old 02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I get the same scowled look on my neighbours face when I down shift in front of his house as he is washing his M3.......ahh, satisfaction! Funny, the bimmer driver will never give you the satisafction of coming over and checking the AMG out, they seem to do it in a very sneaky way, with those dark sunglasses so we cant see his eyeballs.
"I get the same scowled look on my neighbours face when I down shift in front of his house as he is washing his M3.......ahh," This is classic!
If I may ask, what model M3 does he have?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:13 PM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
ha ha ha

Originally Posted by Danny_Boy
How bout this one:

Last weekend I was driving home and I was coming around a blind turn in 3rd gear at 3,5000 rpms and saw that my neighbor was on the side of the road riding his horse. I wanted to slow down so i wouldn't spook the horse and without really thinking I down shifted and the car let out a real bark....and the horse freaked out! I was laughing so hard I was crying and i could hear my neighbor screaming at me while he was getting control of the horse. Felt bad (after i stopped laughing) and now every time he sees me he scowls ....wonder why?
NICE!!!

This reminded me of when my brother told me that a friend of his living near the main road junction that I take to work every morning, would use me as his alarm clock to wake up. Supposedly, he said that he could hear me every morning from inside his house as I joined and accelerated past it.