Sponsored by:

Thoughts: C63 vs CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ericpd
Why do some of you guys (a select few it seems) develop such an ugly rash at the slightest mention of a CTS-V? Calling the car a 'GM piece of junk' does nothing but amplify your ignorance and highlights your determination to remain ignorant. As far as being worthless in 3-4 years, well I grant you, that is a very real possibility, something I ponder everyday. Given GM's deteriorating corporate health,... it's also a daily scare for me. However, if the car is as solid as I and many others suspect, and GM for some reason doesn't survive,... well guess what. I'm sitting on a gold mine,... a classic! Maybe worth even more than my Dad's Avanti one day.

Still,... if you would take the time work your butt into a set of those Recaro's before you took the time to work your mouth, maybe you'd see the logic. But you may be right about one thing,... a small part of why I'm here may be an attempt to justify my purchase. But the other 99.99% of the reason why I'm here is because I still am ab admitted loyal Benz/AMG fan. It would take much more than the purchase of a Cadillac to end that loyalty. I think maybe a more relevant assumption is the confidence you have in your purchase. I know a lot of AMG owners, many of them behind the wheel of a C63, and I don't hear this kinda childish whinning from them. Instead, I sense an enormous amount of fellowship while exchanging mutual admiration. I know for a fact they're very confident in their purchase and have no need to bash or go into a frenzy at the sight or mention of a CTS-V. I know this in real life and from time on this and other boards. I suspect you also own a BMW,... you sure behave like you do.

Speaking of BMW's, I've noticed over time BMW owners seem to have this unspoken allegiance with Audi owners for whatever reason. Likewise, us C32 pilots still have a similar relationship with Crossfire owners. Masaratti owners have a twisted kinda connection with Lambo owners some would say,... but they collectively hate owners of the prancing horse, as do C32 and Crossfire owners nurture a dislike for M3 owners, and BMW and Audi owners scowl at AMG owners. Lord knows what goes on in the head of an Abarth owner,... I guess we'll soon find out! Anyway,... a lot of CTS-V owners, including myself, seem to have this gravitation to the AMG way of viewing the world. Me,... I got no problem with the connection. Sorry you do! What a waste!
LOL bro you think you’re so smart... in reality you are soo full of yourself...

BTW Please tell me how BMW owners act, since you know everything, I am curious to hear your knowledge on the subject... You seem to be fascinated with car owners sociology, don’t you realize that is all bulls**t. Oh yea I forgot you know everything... my bad.

In case you haven’t noticed it is not just a FEW people who don’t appreciate your worthless input on this forum, and that doesnt even include the people who feel that way but just don’t say anything...

O yea keep telling yourself your car is a gold mine... lol can’t wait till GM goes under..

It is very clear that you need some closure about your purchase but please do so elsewhere. You bring this negativity upon yourself when many people have expressed how they feel about your post, yet you continue to do so and call whoever bashes you immature or spoiled in my case... Why don’t you just do everyone plus yourself a favor and stick to the MB topics, that shouldn’t be so difficult for you since you're such a diehard AMG fan apparently...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
AMG:
Hand built engine
100K mi easily

V:
Parts fly off sooner
50K mi maybe.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 AM

2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Originally Posted by m_berman
AMG:
Hand built engine
100K mi easily

V:
Parts fly off sooner
50K mi maybe.
Oh,... 100k easy! Most Mercs are just getting started at 100lk!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by DaGS1800

BTW Please tell me how BMW owners act, since you know everything, I am curious to hear your knowledge on the subject... You seem to be fascinated with car owners sociology, don’t you realize that is all bulls**t. Oh yea I forgot you know everything... my bad.

In case you haven’t noticed it is not just a FEW people who don’t appreciate your worthless input on this forum, and that doesnt even include the people who feel that way but just don’t say anything...

O yea keep telling yourself your car is a gold mine... lol can’t wait till GM goes under..

It is very clear that you need some closure about your purchase but please do so elsewhere. You bring this negativity upon yourself when many people have expressed how they feel about your post, yet you continue to do so and call whoever bashes you immature or spoiled in my case... Why don’t you just do everyone plus yourself a favor and stick to the MB topics, that shouldn’t be so difficult for you since you're such a diehard AMG fan apparently...
No friend,... it is YOU who is so full one's self. Your words suggest that YOU think that YOU are the only option for the human race. YOU are wrong! YOU are not!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 PM

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Seriously man, I'm trying not to take sides but you have not made one positive comment in this 15 page thread. You really are in the minority of people who post here who have such an ignorant view of brand loyalty. And for what? It is a car. A hunk of metal with wheels and an engine. Why do you care so much that your AMG be considered by the whole world to be the best car ever? Why can't you be normal, like most people, that actually are capable of looking at things objectively so that you don't miss out on something good in life? If you don't like hearing about the Caddy and why these guys chose the V over the C63 (in the title of the thread) why bother even opening this thread? Come on man, grow up.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM

2009 C63 AMG, 2013 ML350 BlueTec, 2012 VW GLI
Cool

I dunno,... what's on page 5?
This stupid thread, soon....LOL!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Seriously man, I'm trying not to take sides but you have not made one positive comment in this 15 page thread. You really are in the minority of people who post here who have such an ignorant view of brand loyalty. And for what? It is a car. A hunk of metal with wheels and an engine. Why do you care so much that your AMG be considered by the whole world to be the best car ever? Why can't you be normal, like most people, that actually are capable of looking at things objectively so that you don't miss out on something good in life? If you don't like hearing about the Caddy and why these guys chose the V over the C63 (in the title of the thread) why bother even opening this thread? Come on man, grow up.
I understand I took a strong approach in the beginning of this thread... However you do not see everything beyond this thread alone... My problem is not with the CTS-V (although I do not like it) it is with this guy mentioning his caddy in every single post he does. He has done so countless times, not only in this thread but in others as well, ones which do not mention or involve anything remotely close to the CTS-V. I am not alone here; there have been many people who have mentioned their feeling as well, in this thread and in other threads as well… Not to mention the PM’s I have received telling me that I am right and to just leave the situation alone…

I have washed my hands of the situation and I am done with this thread, but I can almost guarantee you he will return with his nonsense posting about his Caddy in other threads, as he has done so already, one example would be the "who hates us most" thread where he goes off about tire sizes for the CTS-V, and as you can see that has nothing to do with the thread topic... This is just one example... I am not bashing you but you clearly have not seen everything that has been going on therefore don’t be so quick to judge me... I am all about discussing other cars and having an open mind, but clearly ERICPD has taken it to a complete other level...

Why don’t you try clicking on his user name and look at the totality of his posts and you will clearly see what I am talking about, I on the other hand may have gone a little over board on this thread, and I admit that, however I can say that I have posted valuable and helpful input on other threads throughout this forum where he has not...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 PM

I think Ericpd has waaaaay too much time on his hands.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Morro
I think Ericpd has waaaaay too much time on his hands.
LOL

LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 AM

I understand I took a strong approach in the beginning of this thread... However you do not see everything beyond this thread alone... My problem is not with the CTS-V (although I do not like it) it is with this guy mentioning his caddy in every single post he does. He has done so countless times, not only in this thread but in others as well, ones which do not mention or involve anything remotely close to the CTS-V. I am not alone here; there have been many people who have mentioned their feeling as well, in this thread and in other threads as well… Not to mention the PM’s I have received telling me that I am right and to just leave the situation alone…

I have washed my hands of the situation and I am done with this thread, but I can almost guarantee you he will return with his nonsense posting about his Caddy in other threads, as he has done so already, one example would be the "who hates us most" thread where he goes off about tire sizes for the CTS-V, and as you can see that has nothing to do with the thread topic... This is just one example... I am not bashing you but you clearly have not seen everything that has been going on therefore don’t be so quick to judge me... I am all about discussing other cars and having an open mind, but clearly ERICPD has taken it to a complete other level...

Why don’t you try clicking on his user name and look at the totality of his posts and you will clearly see what I am talking about, I on the other hand may have gone a little over board on this thread, and I admit that, however I can say that I have posted valuable and helpful input on other threads throughout this forum where he has not...
Fair enough. I pretty much only read the C63 forum posts since I'm still interested in the car. I'm sorry if I lumped you into the group of people that make one-sentence posts like "it'll fall apart in 50k miles". Come on, really? My 'rents had a '95 Mustang GT that ran over 100k miles w/o one problem. My '95 F250 has 116k miles and hasn't had any real issues. Are we really trying to say MB is the pinnacle of reliability? I love the C63 and still fight everyday trying to justify dumping the Cayenne for a huge loss but I will not be buying the MB under the assumption that it'll be more reliable just b/c it costs alot. My Cayenne experience will testify that $$ doesn't equal quality. $$ does buy you exclusivity and a leather dash though.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 AM

You are a pathological lēogere,... front and simple. There have been only THREE threads on the W204 board that I have chosen to participate in since taking delivery of my CTS-V. One thread titled, "Who Hates Us Most", had as its topic, what car owners saw themselves most as rivals of C63 pilots. My contribution was the same there as it has been here,... to promote an allegiance rather than a rivalry. The second thread was titled, "It's official: My car is a lemon". It was started by a C63 owner who finally reached the conclusion that his car was one of the few lemons AMG periodically lets escape. He was asking advice on what to buy next after MB agreed to buy back his car. My contribution there was to advise the OP to test drive a CTS-V. I also posted a link to a Cnet article about a mobile Wi-Fi option Cadillac was about to release for the CTS-V. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7...rColumnArea1.1. Then there's this third thread,... a thread I started so I could hear advice and real world experience with the C63, which I hoped would help me decide between these two saloons. Let you tell it, I've been trolling the entire MBWorld.org community bashing AMG's and C63's in particular. Shaving must be painful for you,... unless you routinely do so without the aid of a mirror. Wait,... maybe you haven't managed facial hair yet! And if so,... it has got to be why your sense of right and wrong is so skewed. Normally, a healthy session with one's self in front of a mirror fixes what's hampering you! Try it,... forget shaving. Just try it!

Yes,... do that. And tire sizes,... are you serious? You are holding up my response to Razor's comment as an indicator of me being a knucklehead? Oh man,... you reason like you just fell and bumped your head. Folks,... Razor put up a posted voicing a common disappointment with both C63 and CTS-V owners in the narrow tires Merc and GM chose to equip these two cars with. I agreed with that commons disappointment between us, further commenting that C63 pilots even had it worse than the CTS-V pilots, contributing what I had learned while shopping these two cars. Check it out for yourselves: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...us-most-4.html, start at post #93. And as far as 'valuable and helpful input',... I learned something about tire size ratings I did not know before that chapter of the thread dialog,... and stated so thanking the members who took the time to explain tire size ratings to me.

For you DaGS to take that exchange and turn it into something evil, disrespectful and irrelevant is the move of an idiot. Please grow up!

Oh,... almost forgot. I bet the amount of my mortgage payment, you're claim to be done with this thread is as hollow as your apologies have proven to be.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 PM

Too Much Time On My Hands - Styx.

LOL......
Old 05-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Ok,... haven't been in too long from spending the whole day at the dealership. Watched them completely ripped the entire UltraView out of the car. Seems as though the major reason for the binding, grinding and squeaking was mechanical, but they're replacing some electronics as well. Most of the smaller parts are in stock, but two major pieces they had to order/re-order.

While I was there, I slipped over to the Cadillac lot and showroom and caught a glimpse of the new E-Class. No AMG's hanging around. That front end is menacing,... very easy on the eyes. As with the W204, the rear is gonna take some getting used to. Very nice car. I learned that the AMG E-Class will come in two flavors,... FI 5.5 Coupe and NA 6.2. Saloon. Interesting. I've never heard of Merc doing that before. Rumor is that Merc may lose the CLK and opt for a straight C-Class Coupe. Now if you think about it, that does make a little sense, especially if they also do a straight E=Class Coupe as well. The CLK has always been a hybrid of sorts,... a stretched C with an E front end,... sorta kinda. Something else shocking, they're just about giving away E63's. There were at least 4 of them on the lot, and they were selling them at or near C63 prices. And here's the last thing I picked up on today,... there's a C-Class Black in the making. Oh,... one more thing, that new hybrid SMG/Auto trans AMG has been playing with is supposedly on hold as far as finding it's way into across the board AMG production for the moment.

They're promising the CTS-V back in my hands by Thursday. I'll report on the quality of work and whether the problem has been fixed.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 PM

09' C63 AMG
Wink

You are a pathological lēogere,... front and simple. There have been only THREE threads on the W204 board that I have chosen to participate in since taking delivery of my CTS-V. One thread titled, "Who Hates Us Most", had as its topic, what car owners saw themselves most as rivals of C63 pilots. My contribution was the same there as it has been here,... to promote an allegiance rather than a rivalry. The second thread was titled, "It's official: My car is a lemon". It was started by a C63 owner who finally reached the conclusion that his car was one of the few lemons AMG periodically lets escape. He was asking advice on what to buy next after MB agreed to buy back his car. My contribution there was to advise the OP to test drive a CTS-V. I also posted a link to a Cnet article about a mobile Wi-Fi option Cadillac was about to release for the CTS-V. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7...rColumnArea1.1. Then there's this third thread,... a thread I started so I could hear advice and real world experience with the C63, which I hoped would help me decide between these two saloons. Let you tell it, I've been trolling the entire MBWorld.org community bashing AMG's and C63's in particular. Shaving must be painful for you,... unless you routinely do so without the aid of a mirror. Wait,... maybe you haven't managed facial hair yet! And if so,... it has got to be why your sense of right and wrong is so skewed. Normally, a healthy session with one's self in front of a mirror fixes what's hampering you! Try it,... forget shaving. Just try it!

Yes,... do that. And tire sizes,... are you serious? You are holding up my response to Razor's comment as an indicator of me being a knucklehead? Oh man,... you reason like you just fell and bumped your head. Folks,... Razor put up a posted voicing a common disappointment with both C63 and CTS-V owners in the narrow tires Merc and GM chose to equip these two cars with. I agreed with that commons disappointment between us, further commenting that C63 pilots even had it worse than the CTS-V pilots, contributing what I had learned while shopping these two cars. Check it out for yourselves: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...us-most-4.html, start at post #93. And as far as 'valuable and helpful input',... I learned something about tire size ratings I did not know before that chapter of the thread dialog,... and stated so thanking the members who took the time to explain tire size ratings to me.

For you DaGS to take that exchange and turn it into something evil, disrespectful and irrelevant is the move of an idiot. Please grow up!

Oh,... almost forgot. I bet the amount of my mortgage payment, you're claim to be done with this thread is as hollow as your apologies have proven to be.

LOL, your post speaks for itself, the thread is all yours... enjoy
Old 05-05-2009, 11:31 PM

LOL, your post speaks for itself, the thread is all yours... enjoy
Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
i cant belive this is upto page 16 this should not make it past page one.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM

eric tells you guys the issues about the caddy in a general statement and he gets slammed. How about this than...I went to get my v dyno'd a few days back and it made....

501tq
461hp on a mustang dyno fully stock with even the engine lid closed.

this was at 2200 miles....i'll do it again around 6k because thats when the motor is fully broken in.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:27 AM

How's this....
WE DON'T CARE about your Crappies....oops, Caddies!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM

^ if you guys dont care than why do you reply within 10 minutes of every post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 PM

Just to remind you we don't give a s**t!!!

This one was over an hour later....LOL!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Got the V back this morning. Everything is well,... new glass, new mechanics, and new electronics. No binding and no more squeaks. Got to drive the C63 again,... whew, starting the envy you guys,.... just a 'L'il Bit' mind you. But then I look down and see that my left foot ain't unemployed,... makes the envy much easier to live with. But the sound of that AMG is just awesome. My road traveled prolly would have been different had the AMG offered a manual tans. Oh well,...
Old 05-07-2009, 07:03 PM

How's this....
WE DON'T CARE about your Crappies....oops, Caddies!!!!
^^It's comments like this that keep me away from MB and BMW's. I don't want to be one of "those" people. Mind you, I know they're a minority but they reinforce the stereotype that I typically reserve for immature highschoolers.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM

Wow, that hurts.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 PM

Wow, that hurts.
I just don't understand. I would assume that most people that are able to afford your typical MB would be decently well-educated and therefore capable of being objective and reasonable. The most active posters in this thread just seem to want to bash comments by others w/o cause or reason. I would expect that mentality on a Honda forum but here? Seems out of place and character. Meant no hate, just wish we could all just get along.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 PM

C350 and a Lightning.
Originally Posted by Razorecko
I went to get my v dyno'd a few days back and it made....

501tq
461hp on a mustang dyno fully stock with even the engine lid closed.
Wow, that's totally stock eh? My truck is right about there (slightly more torque, slightly less RWHP). With my auto (w/valve body) against the V's manual, it should be a drivers race.

I can't understand how someone who owns a C63 couldn't appreciate a CTSV. I myself pretty much like anything real fast and would have to drive both cars before picking one (if I was in a position to do so). I post on SVTperformance.com a lot because even though it is a Ford SVT site, for the most part anyone's welcome and most all understand that there is always someone with a faster, better, badder car then yours. Get used to it and be glad that we live in a time when there are 500hp four door sedans waiting on showroom floors. Who cares what showroom.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts: C63 vs CTS-V