Sponsored by:

09 M3 DCT Convert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
09 M3 DCT Convert

Ok, I bought a brand new 09 M3 DCT back in November. It turned out to be a lemon that BMW repurchased (bad tranny). My heart originally told me to buy the C63, but I ignored it. I just bought the C63 yesterday. so far, I love it.

Please validate me and tell me I did the right thing.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by SkoobsC63
Ok, I bought a brand new 09 M3 DCT back in November. It turned out to be a lemon that BMW repurchased (bad tranny). My heart originally told me to buy the C63, but I ignored it. I just bought the C63 yesterday. so far, I love it.

Okay, you are hereby validated and you did the right thing.

Thread closed.

(just kidding)
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I was out of town this weekend. Got back and ran an errand in the C63. Just hearing that exhaust again reminds me of why I got the car. Love it.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Okay, seriously, you need affirmation?

I've heard that some of those M3s with the DCT have bad trannies and will likely go through lemon law to have BMW repurchase them.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it...you've already bought the car, and NOW you want us to help you rationalize the purchase? You're on the MBWorld website, in the C63 AMG forum, of course everybody's going to tell you you did the right thing.

Only you can be sure whether you did the right thing or not. Just drive the car for the next few weeks and see how many times you find yourself grinning from ear to ear. That's all it's going to take for you to know for certain whether you made the right choice or not.

Happy motoring.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Welcome!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I got a 2008 M3 in September 2008. In November 2008 I ditched it for a sizable loss and bought my C63. I too had my heart set on the C63, but the financing was just too good to pass on the M3. I don't regret all that $ I lost on the trade, though I sure with I had purchased the C63 in the first place.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Okay, seriously, you need affirmation?

I've heard that some of those M3s with the DCT have bad trannies and will likely go through lemon law to have BMW repurchase them.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it...you've already bought the car, and NOW you want us to help you rationalize the purchase? You're on the MBWorld website, in the C63 AMG forum, of course everybody's going to tell you you did the right thing.

Only you can be sure whether you did the right thing or not. Just drive the car for the next few weeks and see how many times you find yourself grinning from ear to ear. That's all it's going to take for you to know for certain whether you made the right choice or not.

Happy motoring.
Sometimes we need the choir to preach to us. And if that bias makes us feel ok for spending the cash, so be it. Mission accomplished.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55

Please tell me what you like on the c63 over the m3 and vice versa.. I have an 09 335i and am contemplating trading for a m3 dct or c63.. The m3 i know outhandles the c63 on the road course but i doubt ill get there much anyway.. let me know your opinion on 1 vs. the other..

Thanks!!

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Sometimes we need the choir to preach to us. And if that bias makes us feel ok for spending the cash, so be it. Mission accomplished.
Well, it's an odd way to go through life, I guess. But if it works for you, then more power to you.

What colour did you get? Did you get the PP?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I got a 2008 M3 in September 2008. In November 2008 I ditched it for a sizable loss and bought my C63. I too had my heart set on the C63, but the financing was just too good to pass on the M3. I don't regret all that $ I lost on the trade, though I sure with I had purchased the C63 in the first place.

exactly my dilemma.. The financing programs on the m3 are insane compared to the c63.. I just dont want a car i pay less for and hate vs. a few extra bucks to be happy with the car.. The DCT tranny is nice, it handles nice but the brute power of the c63 is hard to forget..

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
At least you didn't originally get an R35 GT-R.

Your tranny would've busted on your first launch, which Nissan won't cover.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Not to flame on anyone here as i am a former e46 m3 owner...

These are both $70k cars, and I find it odd when people choose safer colors as opposed to the ones they truly want simply based on getting a little better on re-sale value. To hear people choosing based on low financing and somewhat better pricing makes me wonder also b/c after all, you're still spending $70k at the end of the day, giv or take.

My point being, do not settle. If its a pure toss-up between the two cars, then yes go with BMW b/c it is cheaper and maintenance is covered, and it is better on the track.

But if your gut told u to get a C63, then get it, because you can afford it since you can afford an M3.

IMO, the e92 M3 is ugly, i could care less if its faster by however many tenths of a second around a track b/c i don't plan on driving in circles. For me I knew the C63 was the car for me the second I saw the commercial, just like I knew the E46 M3 was for me when I saw its first ad.

At the end of the day my toughest decision wasnt whether I was going to stay with BMW and get the new M3 but rather what color C63 I wanted.

Last edited by PatSC23; 03-02-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Mike@AWD
Please tell me what you like on the c63 over the m3 and vice versa.. I have an 09 335i and am contemplating trading for a m3 dct or c63.. The m3 i know outhandles the c63 on the road course but i doubt ill get there much anyway.. let me know your opinion on 1 vs. the other..

Thanks!!

Mike
The Fox Red Extended Novillo in the M3 was sweet.The Leather package on the C63 doesn't compare in terms of finish quality, but the C63's seats are way better to sit in. The HK stereo is better than the M3's standard stereo.

The iDrive in the '09 BMW is better than the MB user interface. The iPod interface in the Merc is not good. The C63 feels much faster and makes power much quicker; and unless you are Michael Schumacher, handles equally as crisp. The transmission in the C63 may be simpler in it's design and concept, but it does what you tell it to do with no surprises, and it shifts quickly. The DCT in the M3 had a mind of it's own. I didn't get the Performance Package. I also paid $7000.00 less for the C63.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by PatSC23

These are both $70k cars, and I find it odd when people choose safer colors as opposed to the ones the truly want simply based on getting a little better on re-sale value. To hear people choosing based on low financing and somewhat better pricing makes me wonder also b/c after all, you're still spending $70k at the end of the day, giv or take.

My point being, do not settle. If its a pure toss-up between the two cars, then yes go with BMW b/c it is cheaper and maintenance is covered, and it is better on the track.

But if youre gut told u to get a C63, then get it, because you can afford it since you can afford an M3.

IMO, the e92 M3 is ugly, i could care less if its faster by however many tenths of a second around a track, bc i don't plan on driving in circles. For me I knew the C63 was the car for me the second I saw the commercial, just like I knew the E46 was for me when I saw its first ad.

At the end of the day my toughest decision wasnt whether I was going to stay with the new M3 but rather what color C63 I wanted.
Well said.

Funny how peer pressure can still apply for adults, lol.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Well said.

Funny how peer pressure can still apply for adults, lol.
don't get me wrong, I still love to hear it when people say "man, you made the right choice!"
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55

These are both $70k cars, and I find it odd when people choose safer colors as opposed to the ones they truly want simply based on getting a little better on re-sale value. To hear people choosing based on low financing and somewhat better pricing makes me wonder also b/c after all, you're still spending $70k at the end of the day, giv or take.

But if your gut told u to get a C63, then get it, because you can afford it since you can afford an M3.

IMO, the e92 M3 is ugly, i could care less if its faster by however many tenths of a second around a track b/c i don't plan on driving in circles. For me I knew the C63 was the car for me the second I saw the commercial, just like I knew the E46 M3 was for me when I saw its first ad.

At the end of the day my toughest decision wasnt whether I was going to stay with BMW and get the new M3 but rather what color C63 I wanted.
At the end of the day 2.9% financing and 600/mo is not the same as 900.00 a month.. LOL

there are quite a few features on the m3 i like better.. So i am in a tossup..

Carbon roof is nice..

Navi is MUCH nicer IMO

DCT tranny if it doesnt have issues

500lbs lighter

I love the look of the c63 and the motor is nasty..

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55
The Fox Red Extended Novillo in the M3 was sweet.The Leather package on the C63 doesn't compare in terms of finish quality, but the C63's seats are way better to sit in. The HK stereo is better than the M3's standard stereo.

The iDrive in the '09 BMW is better than the MB user interface. The iPod interface in the Merc is not good. The C63 feels much faster and makes power much quicker; and unless you are Michael Schumacher, handles equally as crisp. The transmission in the C63 may be simpler in it's design and concept, but it does what you tell it to do with no surprises, and it shifts quickly. The DCT in the M3 had a mind of it's own. I didn't get the Performance Package. I also paid $7000.00 less for the C63.

I agree 100%.. I have the 335i right now in 6spd.. Navi and leather is nicer in the M but the seats hug you and feel much better in the merc.. I love the seats, look and tq of the Merc.. Ill probably get it anyway cause if i get whipped by a c63 in my m3 ill probably hang myself.. LOL

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
At the end of the day 2.9% financing and 600/mo is not the same as 900.00 a month.. LOL

there are quite a few features on the m3 i like better.. So i am in a tossup..

Carbon roof is nice..

Navi is MUCH nicer IMO

DCT tranny if it doesnt have issues

500lbs lighter

I love the look of the c63 and the motor is nasty..

Mike
Of course the carbon fiber roof is a subjective thing but it never appealed to me. I came out of convertible and I really like opening the moonroof.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 PM

2009 C63
I agree 100%.. I have the 335i right now in 6spd.. Navi and leather is nicer in the M but the seats hug you and feel much better in the merc.. I love the seats, look and tq of the Merc.. Ill probably get it anyway cause if i get whipped by a c63 in my m3 ill probably hang myself.. LOL

Mike
I had the Alpine White with carbon fiber top. I had it all to do over again and went with the C63. Financing from BMW is great if you go short term, but, depending on where you are, you can get a C63 under invoice as I did. BMW sales managers laughed at that, literally.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55
I had the Alpine White with carbon fiber top. I had it all to do over again and went with the C63. Financing from BMW is great if you go short term, but, depending on where you are, you can get a C63 under invoice as I did. BMW sales managers laughed at that, literally.
exactly what i was looking at.. White w/ Carbon roof.. Im going back over to the Merc dealer tomorrow.. if all the #'s work out ill probably end up in the c63.. The m3 is a little plain, The brakes dont standout like AMG brakes and it looks just like most the other 3 series..
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
hey skoobs where in torrance do you live? I 'm from PV.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Almost a Member!

MB S550, MB CLK63 Black Series
Awesome, another AMG in the Torrance area...congrats on your new ride...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM

2009 C63 AMG
To hear people choosing based on low financing and somewhat better pricing makes me wonder also b/c after all, you're still spending $70k at the end of the day, giv or take.
If one is paying cash for the entire purchase price, than yes, the differential in price is basically zero between the cars when you factor in MB maintenance.

I think the difference lies in the financing. In late 2008 (for 2008 models), BMWFS was doing 0.9% financing and apx. 2.5% lease rates. Compare this to what one could do on the MB (apx. 4.5% financing and apx. 9% lease rates). The difference is rather significant.

And if one had the money to buy the M3 outright, that would not have made financial sense at 0.9% financing. One would have been better off financing the purchase price and investing the apx. $70K in a safe security, such as a CD.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Ill probably get it anyway cause if i get whipped by a c63 in my m3 ill probably hang myself.. LOL
Mike
LOL--smart man.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
Good Choice! Now you can tell everyone you drive a fast car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 09 M3 DCT Convert