Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche
Hello, Fellow Aussies. quick qu.

Hi all.

first post here.
usually I reside within another car forum but this aint bad!

ordered my C63 recently. delivery next month (what waiting list?!!)

anyway, looking thru this thread, i hv only heard about the Performance Pack.

is it only avail in US??
I know Oz spec cars can add a LSD now (my one doesnt hv it).

but what about the "special" composite brakes and alcantara s/wheel and stiffer suspension, both of which I'd like.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Hi Derder, welcome aboard, good to see another aussie here! I guess post the financial meltdown the waiting list has shrunk somewhat, when i ordered mine in May 08 i was originally given a 11 month wait but dome poor ******* had to cancel and i got my buildspot early!

As for the alcantara i reckon that would wear to much and end up loking a bit shabby. And FYI the suspension is pretty stiff, trust me!

What colour combo did are you getting?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:35 AM

Porsche 997.1 TT; BMW X5 35SD; BMW 2002tii; BMW 3.0 CS; BMW M635CSi; BMW 2002 Turbo
Welcome to the forum.

Which state are you in?

I am in SA.

As for options, I was told that the only options avail to us in Oz were LSD, Rear sunblind, Carbon Fibre interior trim and Keyless Go. As for after market, apparently the 19" Style V multi-spokes are avail on order from your local parts guy although at over $6200 for the set of 4.

I have had mine since October - Black with black interior. I gather the Performance package talked about in these forums are specific for the northern hemisphere, not us here.

As per Maverick, the suspension is very stiff but this car is a hoot to drive! Only problem is speeding fines!! We have a ridiculous no. of speed cameras per capita here in Adelaide! After recent fines, I bit the bullet and installed a laser jammer and a radar detector and also drive with the speed limiter on in built up areas to avoid contributing to the State Govt. coffers!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Hi Derder, welcome aboard, good to see another aussie here! I guess post the financial meltdown the waiting list has shrunk somewhat, when i ordered mine in May 08 i was originally given a 11 month wait but dome poor ******* had to cancel and i got my buildspot early!

As for the alcantara i reckon that would wear to much and end up loking a bit shabby. And FYI the suspension is pretty stiff, trust me!

What colour combo did are you getting?
As far as the Aclantara steering wheel, still looks New. I'm guessing if you have sand paper like hands then it will wear a little faster... after having the car for over 6 months, its the best steering wheel ever!

Last edited by dlbello; 03-15-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
what about the composite brakes guys? what's their main difference compared to the normal ones? are these made in ceramic?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:42 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by a_Y
what about the composite brakes guys? what's their main difference compared to the normal ones? are these made in ceramic?
No ceramic... just 2 piece front rotors, you can notice the difference between the two by the exposed outer front rivets on the 2 piece rotor.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Unless you plan on tracking the car extensively you will hardly notice any difference in the braking on the street, if you purchased the performance package for any other reason you are sincerely wasting your money. If you got it for bragging rights then fine, but to spend $6500 without using it on a track enviroment, you arent missing much.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 PM

Porsche
thx. good to know i didnt miss out too much by not having PP here.

I ordered black/black with keyless go and blinds.

can anyone tell me how come the front doesnt come with cupholders??

I saw some cars with cup-holders in where the little storage compartment in the centre console, under the roller cover.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Those are the Euro models, we dont get them in canada/us nor other parts of the world, funny how they package these cars differently everywhere.Congrats on the car, youwill be infatuated with it!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 AM

9.5Sec 850hp Mitsu Lancer, Mercedes Viano, AMG C63
You dont happen to drive past Regency Park most mornings? - I have the 09 Silver one (black interior), with LSD / Keyless - and yes the only options are the ones listed below...

As for speeding - I constantly use the Speed Limiter when crusing through the city - but take off's are definately an issue

As for cup holders, I ended up ordering them from BEA ($70... what a rip-off) as I figured it would save me a few hundred in cleaning costs when I took the car to NSW and back after having it for two weeks...

Brett

Originally Posted by alvchua
Welcome to the forum.

Which state are you in?

I am in SA.

As for options, I was told that the only options avail to us in Oz were LSD, Rear sunblind, Carbon Fibre interior trim and Keyless Go. As for after market, apparently the 19" Style V multi-spokes are avail on order from your local parts guy although at over $6200 for the set of 4.

I have had mine since October - Black with black interior. I gather the Performance package talked about in these forums are specific for the northern hemisphere, not us here.

As per Maverick, the suspension is very stiff but this car is a hoot to drive! Only problem is speeding fines!! We have a ridiculous no. of speed cameras per capita here in Adelaide! After recent fines, I bit the bullet and installed a laser jammer and a radar detector and also drive with the speed limiter on in built up areas to avoid contributing to the State Govt. coffers!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:58 AM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
so by "composite" they mean 2 piece floating only?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:29 AM

c-class 2004
whats LSD mate?

I was told by the sales guy in Mel that I could order the c63 with a pano roof....
Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 AM

LSD = Limited Slip Differential..., basically allowing the rear diff to lock up to 40% providing better traction, and removing some of the interference by the ESP....

As for a pano roof, I would be extremely surprised... I am 99.9% sure that is not an option (including on the 09 like mine). Unless they were talking about a standard C with an 'amg pack' which basically was some body kit mods... in which case the pano roof is still an option.

Brett

Originally Posted by xpac_aus
whats LSD mate?

I was told by the sales guy in Mel that I could order the c63 with a pano roof....
Old 03-16-2009, 04:57 AM

c-class 2004
nah...i am totally positive here. was def talking bout the 63 and he even added the pano roof cost to the quote...

was surprised too...
Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 AM

Maybe a newer 09 option - but currently it still shows as not available on the current Mercedes Benz .au pricelist (http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con...ue_prices.html) on page 8. But good luck though....

nah...i am totally positive here. was def talking bout the 63 and he even added the pano roof cost to the quote...

was surprised too...
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM

my car
hi guys, i sell for MB here in Australia.

no, we don get performance pack. we can get LSD, which is part of the PP, but not all of it.

i don't think the pano roof is an option for c63, but i'll check with the factory tomorrow.

for 19" wheels, try www.amgaustralia.com.au
Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
whats LSD mate?

That would be very cool if it was an option.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:59 AM

Derder, Welcome.

My dealer here in Brisbane has a tanzanite blue /grey interior with LSD on the floor. It came with the alcantara s/wheel even though there was no option to order it.

Originally Posted by derder
Hi all.

first post here.
usually I reside within another car forum but this aint bad!

ordered my C63 recently. delivery next month (what waiting list?!!)

anyway, looking thru this thread, i hv only heard about the Performance Pack.

is it only avail in US??
I know Oz spec cars can add a LSD now (my one doesnt hv it).

but what about the "special" composite brakes and alcantara s/wheel and stiffer suspension, both of which I'd like.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM

Porsche 997.1 TT; BMW X5 35SD; BMW 2002tii; BMW 3.0 CS; BMW M635CSi; BMW 2002 Turbo
Originally Posted by blodge
You dont happen to drive past Regency Park most mornings? - I have the 09 Silver one (black interior), with LSD / Keyless - and yes the only options are the ones listed below...

As for speeding - I constantly use the Speed Limiter when crusing through the city - but take off's are definately an issue

As for cup holders, I ended up ordering them from BEA ($70... what a rip-off) as I figured it would save me a few hundred in cleaning costs when I took the car to NSW and back after having it for two weeks...

Brett
No - don't frequent that side of town except on occasional weekends. Usually cruising around Magill, Norton Summit and Campbelltown/Newton/Athelstone areas.

I thought of getting cup-holders too but decided easiest not to eat/drink in the car Mind you my 4 year old does a gr8 job of messing the back seat up with food crumbs etc.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
welcome mate, im from aus too.

I got white with keyless go 09 spec.

I wanted the diff, but the wait for one was too long. And when i was buying mine, we only get half the PP Package.

We can now how ever (according to my sales man) get some other option to connect your ipod through the glove box.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
welcome mate, im from aus too.

I got white with keyless go 09 spec.

I wanted the diff, but the wait for one was too long. And when i was buying mine, we only get half the PP Package.

We can now how ever (according to my sales man) get some other option to connect your ipod through the glove box.
Yes - alas mine was built Sep08 but is still a MY08, not the MY09. Apparently the MY09 cars can have a relatively cheaper (by MB Aust standards) Ipod connection cable that plugs easily into the Ipod port in the glove compartment and have your Ipod controlled on the steering wheel controls. Unfortunately being a MY08, I have to settled for an el-cheapo Aux 3.5mm plug port in the glove compartment which does not let you control using the steering wheel controls. Dension make a fairly good unit which I had on my Audi Q7 that also fits the W204 Comand APS head unit but the cost of $800+ labour etc makes me think twice about purchasing and having it installed. Much cheaper to buy a PCMCIA SD card adaptor on ebay (around $20 AUS) then copy MP3 and outlook contacts onto the SD card and import it into the car - you can even save it onto the on board hard drive!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:11 AM

Porsche
the pana roof is def not an option.

i guess AMG knows the car weighs enough...

if I get to choose, I would go without a sun roof.
funny how they dont make it a NCO for C63 here??

i m from Melb.