Sponsored by:

ordered 20" wheels today!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
ordered 20" wheels today!!

Ordered new wheels today, 20" sevas forged R77, 2" lip front and 3" rear lip. Waiting 5-7 weeks gonna be tough ;/, let me know what you guys think
Attached Thumbnails ordered 20" wheels today!!-sevasr77.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG
Those are hot, but are gonna make your car sooo much slower...

How much do they weigh?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 PM

C63 AMG
About 30 lbs, wonder how much more that is compared to my stock 19".
Old 04-15-2009, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
what kind of tire size would you run on a rim like that 20x10 rears,
Old 04-15-2009, 04:16 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
what kind of tire size would you run on a rim like that 20x10 rears,
Its 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, tire size 235/30/20 and 285/25/20.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 AM

IS350. Next: C63
Have they improved their quality? Nice looking wheel though.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Hartawan
Have they improved their quality? Nice looking wheel though.
I hope so , Ive heard they have had some problems. Sevas Forged sold their designs to SV1 Forged so i guess its a new company that fabricate them.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
why are you running a 235 in front....run a 255..
Old 04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
what's the offset
Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Wheels look sharp . I hope that they have changed their ways cuz sevas gave me so many problems on the set i ordered for my g35 . I had to send my set back 3 times to get the chrome lips fixed cuz they had so many little dings in them . Check them good when you get them .
Old 04-15-2009, 01:13 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by UGOTMOPPED
why are you running a 235 in front....run a 255..
They had done a c63 before with 245 in front and they said it rubbed so i was recomended 235, is there any advantage by using wider front wheel?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mthis
what's the offset
Do they use offset when its custom made?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by sikvald
Do they use offset when its custom made?
I think so.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 PM

S550/Corvette
where did you find these? I thought they were out of business. I'd be leary if I were you
Old 04-15-2009, 04:40 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tri-State MB
where did you find these? I thought they were out of business. I'd be leary if I were you
I purchased them from wheelexecutives.com, I was recomended that site through a member here.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:16 PM

2009 C63 AMG / 2009 Nissan GT-R / 1988 Ferrari 328 / 1977 Maserati Bora
About 30 lbs, wonder how much more that is compared to my stock 19".
That is about 5 or 6 lbs more per wheel than the stock 18in wheels.

Last edited by Ron Scarboro; 04-15-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Realized he stated 19in so I clarified to 18in wheel weight.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Its 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, tire size 235/30/20 and 285/25/20.
That is not good...
Your original rear tire is 255/35/18... with 285/25/20, you are increasing the rear tire diameter by %6.3 (43 mm), which is not acceptable in technical. (%2 is a safe border, %3 is max)

This extra 43 mm will not only decrease your performance, but also heighten the rear of the car, effect brakes, handling...

Ofcourse that much power can handle everything but it is not a good tecnical application.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Ron Scarboro
That is about 5 or 6 lbs more per wheel than the stock 18in wheels.
Why would you put heavier wheels on a car that has over 400lbs of torque?!?!?!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 AM

CLS500
I tried to order a set or Sevas Forged R5 for my CLS from Wheel Executives back on Sept 11 2008. They charged my credit card and took my money that same day, a month goes by and I inquire. I'm sure you are dealing with 'Joseph' he says wheels are on the way will be there the following week. Another month goes by with no responses, they don't have a business phone just personal cell phones seems like and it just goes straight to VM, no responses to any emails. Finally I get an email back saying there were delays due to this and that blah blah blah but the wheels will be there the following week. That week goes by and nothing, tried to call and email again no responses. Thanksgiving rolls around and I emailed again saying that if I don't get any response then I will call my credit card company and have them dispute the charge and credit my card back. 10 days past I get a reponse and I quote
'If you still chose to contact your credit card company, we will forward them all of the neccessary information and fith it, as we have done in the past'
Obvioulsy they are good at what they do and it's not selling wheels. He does in give me a contact number for the "owner" of Sevas. So I call him get the run around, by this time its the first week of Dec. Basically gives me the run round and promises to have the wheels sent out by Dec 17. I call him every few days up until the 15th with every conversation ending with him assuring me the wheels are done and ready to ship. I call once again on the 17th, all phones going to VM and no returned calls or emails. I wait and wait and wait, Jan 2 I try one last time to call and email. Nothing, so I call my credit card company explained everything to them and they credit my card back that same day. End of January rolls around and UPS shows up at my door with 4 boxes, by this time I already had another set of wheels custom made by Kennedy Performance delivered and on my car. So I refused the delivery from UPS, Joseph then takes the refusal notice and sends it to my credit card company. The credit card company sends me a dispute resolution form on March 26 2009 and tells me I need to fill it out and explain my part in detail and return it to them within 10 days, the problem was I wasn't in town when the letter came LOL I look at my credit card statement 3 days ago and see the charge for the wheels on there. I call the credit card and they say they can no longer dispute the charge because I didn't fill out the for and return it within the 10 days... LOL Kind of ironic, I wait months and months and months with no responses and empty promises and when it comes down to it, I'm given a 10 day deadline and I didn't respond so I LOSE, FINE. I have a buddy who has a CLS550 and I'm like screw it I can give it to him or whatever. 2 days ago I call Joseph at Wheels Executives to get my wheels sent and what do you know, the number is disconnected. So I email him, he does reply but give me another 1 800 number to call and says they have your wheels. I call that number and guess what? Goes straight to VM HAHA

Good luck man, I really hope you get your wheels.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:52 PM

bike
Originally Posted by houston713
I tried to order a set or Sevas Forged R5 for my CLS from Wheel Executives back on Sept 11 2008. They charged my credit card and took my money that same day, a month goes by and I inquire. I'm sure you are dealing with 'Joseph' he says wheels are on the way will be there the following week. Another month goes by with no responses, they don't have a business phone just personal cell phones seems like and it just goes straight to VM, no responses to any emails. Finally I get an email back saying there were delays due to this and that blah blah blah but the wheels will be there the following week. That week goes by and nothing, tried to call and email again no responses. Thanksgiving rolls around and I emailed again saying that if I don't get any response then I will call my credit card company and have them dispute the charge and credit my card back. 10 days past I get a reponse and I quote
'If you still chose to contact your credit card company, we will forward them all of the neccessary information and fith it, as we have done in the past'
Obvioulsy they are good at what they do and it's not selling wheels. He does in give me a contact number for the "owner" of Sevas. So I call him get the run around, by this time its the first week of Dec. Basically gives me the run round and promises to have the wheels sent out by Dec 17. I call him every few days up until the 15th with every conversation ending with him assuring me the wheels are done and ready to ship. I call once again on the 17th, all phones going to VM and no returned calls or emails. I wait and wait and wait, Jan 2 I try one last time to call and email. Nothing, so I call my credit card company explained everything to them and they credit my card back that same day. End of January rolls around and UPS shows up at my door with 4 boxes, by this time I already had another set of wheels custom made by Kennedy Performance delivered and on my car. So I refused the delivery from UPS, Joseph then takes the refusal notice and sends it to my credit card company. The credit card company sends me a dispute resolution form on March 26 2009 and tells me I need to fill it out and explain my part in detail and return it to them within 10 days, the problem was I wasn't in town when the letter came LOL I look at my credit card statement 3 days ago and see the charge for the wheels on there. I call the credit card and they say they can no longer dispute the charge because I didn't fill out the for and return it within the 10 days... LOL Kind of ironic, I wait months and months and months with no responses and empty promises and when it comes down to it, I'm given a 10 day deadline and I didn't respond so I LOSE, FINE. I have a buddy who has a CLS550 and I'm like screw it I can give it to him or whatever. 2 days ago I call Joseph at Wheels Executives to get my wheels sent and what do you know, the number is disconnected. So I email him, he does reply but give me another 1 800 number to call and says they have your wheels. I call that number and guess what? Goes straight to VM HAHA

Good luck man, I really hope you get your wheels.
That just shows why you should buy your wheels from a reputable company or distributor. Don't EVER deal directly with these small wheel manufacturers.

For me personally, I learned my lesson from all these horror stories and will ONLY buy HRE from now on. They are local here in San Diego, so if something's wrong I can just stop by. Plus, everyone knows they make a quality product.

Also, next time buy with AMEX. They do a great job of protecting the consumer.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 PM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
That just shows why you should buy your wheels from a reputable company or distributor. Don't EVER deal directly with these small wheel manufacturers.

For me personally, I learned my lesson from all these horror stories and will ONLY buy HRE from now on. They are local here in San Diego, so if something's wrong I can just stop by. Plus, everyone knows they make a quality product.

Also, next time buy with AMEX. They do a great job of protecting the consumer.
+1

AMEX is DEF the way to go, and this might be the 10th story I have heard like this about certain wheel manufacturers.... Stick to the big reputable names
Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 PM

335i e90 / C63 / R6
post some pic's when you get them mounted!