C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just totalled my car, and very disapointed with Geico's response...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Just totalled my car, and very disapointed with Geico's response...

So...i had a bad day...long story short, an SUV in front of me cut my line and it was soo close not even one car length distance. I brake to keep the distance but the car in front of the SUV hit the brake in a sudden...so did the SUV in front of me...I am trying to stop my car but it's raining..so it's slipped and I realized I cant avoid the collision...so I turn the car to the left and hi the guard rail..both airbags deployed...

after the police came, he decided it's not my fault at all, and I have made a good decision ( the SUV in front of me just slow down and than took off... DAMN IT) so he didnt wrote me any infraction or what's so ever, and told me to call my insurance agent and told them to call the state patrol directly (since I didnt have any police record number).

then, after I told my insurance agent about the exact same story of what happen...they say I am being "guilty" because I DECIDED CONSCIOUSLY to hit my car to the highway guard rail! than I literally asked them "So, it's better for me just to hit the car in-front of me, rather to "save" other and "sacrifice" my own car?" a little pause, and he replied "eemm,,,yes, in that case we can do more investigation".....

what you guys think??

I am really pissed right now...

PS: It's my beater car though...not my C63 fortunately ( If I still able to say that FORTUNATE)...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
That sucks. Good to hear you're okay.

Another member, juicee63 is also having a tough time getting Geico to foot the bill and fix his car.

Also good to hear it wasn't your C63! Drive carefully!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:40 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
it's still overwhelmed me that the Geico's representative actually said it's better if I hit other car, instead to avoid it...it's true I cant proof to them it's not my fault since no other party involved, but even the officer think that I am better off this way...but not for Geico...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 AM

Mustang
If you didn't have any eye witnesses for the Police to speak to it sounds like you would've been better off to just say I hydroplaned and hit the guardrail. Period.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 AM

'09 C63 , '09 R8
**** Geico. Allstate FTW, had a great experience with them recently. No drama at all just a proper settlement check
Old 05-03-2009, 02:21 AM

i had an issue with geico many years ago, switched to liberty mutual, and have been blown away awesome service, rates, and claims process
Old 05-03-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Whoa, sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to know you're ok, YW. what car were you driving?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:30 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
its 2001 ford focus wagon with 150,000 miles on it....but i love that car to death!

btw, I shouldve told that Geico that about hydroplane stuff....I got an eye witness but she's my cousin...is that count?

and also, my cover only for liability only for that car...but my friend said i should be able to transfer my C63 full coverage to my ford focus, since I drove the car....any input for that one?? any helps will be appreciate

Thx guys

Last edited by B.E.R.U.A.N.G; 05-03-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I'm assuming you have full coverage. If you do Geico should cover it without problems.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:36 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
I'm assuming you have full coverage. If you do Geico should cover it without problems.
just to re-assure my self...my C63 got the full coverage, but not my Ford Focus...is it still possible for me to "transfer" my full coverage policy from my C63 to cover my Ford (which is only Liability coverage).

Thank's
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
i was flipped over by a hackcab who blew a stop sign and my insurance found me 65% at fault and raised my insurance premium . Im glad those AIG biotches are suffering !!Lokk at all the years they screwed the lil guy
Old 05-03-2009, 03:01 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I'm very sorry to hear about this misfortune. Hope you get everything settled to what you deserve.

This is an excellent thread, however, to educate the public in what NOT to do when speaking with insurance companies. One usually has up to 12 to 24 hours to report the accident--some contracts say as early as is prudently responsible and keep it vague.

The first thing one should do is to contact their attorney, and have him/her communicate with the insurance company. If you don't want to use an attorney, then write down on paper the minimum, factual information. Go over it a few times before you call the insurance company. Only read from your script. The people who take calls for accident reporting are highly trained to ask questions in such a way as to get you to directly or indirectly admit fault. So many times I've seen people at 0% fault pay 50% or more of the liability because they were "bullied" into agreeing to a scenario that favored the insurance company.

IMHO it's worth $500 - $2,000 to hire an attorney that you trust to handle the situation. You'll more than make up for his by savings in what otherwise would be signifcant increases to your premiums and out-of-pocket payments to cover damages.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I'm very sorry to hear about this misfortune. Hope you get everything settled to what you deserve.

This is an excellent thread, however, to educate the public in what NOT to do when speaking with insurance companies. One usually has up to 12 to 24 hours to report the accident--some contracts say as early as is prudently responsible and keep it vague.

The first thing one should do is to contact their attorney, and have him/her communicate with the insurance company. If you don't want to use an attorney, then write down on paper the minimum, factual information. Go over it a few times before you call the insurance company. Only read from your script. The people who take calls for accident reporting are highly trained to ask questions in such a way as to get you to directly or indirectly admit fault. So many times I've seen people at 0% fault pay 50% or more of the liability because they were "bullied" into agreeing to a scenario that favored the insurance company.

IMHO it's worth $500 - $2,000 to hire an attorney that you trust to handle the situation. You'll more than make up for his by savings in what otherwise would be signifcant increases to your premiums and out-of-pocket payments to cover damages.
Yeah, this is my very first time I got car accident in the states...last time I got car accident when I was 14yrs old, and that not in the U.S..... So, I dont know what to do about it...I decided to do what the police officer told me to do...

about the attorney..I am not very familiar with that...but thanks for your input, I got a couple attorney friends, even though they're not in car accident expertise i am pretty sure they able to give me some more guidence

I dont mind about the money (even though it will be nice to be covered) but the feedback from the Geico's representative that made me upset the most...

Last edited by B.E.R.U.A.N.G; 05-03-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: my poor grammar...
Old 05-03-2009, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S550 AMG with ABC
I was watching a Channel 11 news report here in Northern California a couple days ago where they talked about the rise in insurance auto fraud with the economic down turn and people losing their jobs. They interviewed a claims investigator who said that the spike in auto claims has shot up dramatically recently and that they are clamping down on thefts/burnings/full pay out claims especially near to the claimants home city.

The report showed 2 cars that were tagged as suspicious, one was a ML63!! and the other was a CLS 550? They implied in no uncertain terms that it's alot of high end vehicles that are turning up trashed for the insurance money... So I am not surprised that the insurance company is giving you a hard time as that's the easy way out for them, especially if there was no police report.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by irieblue
I was watching a Channel 11 news report here in Northern California a couple days ago where they talked about the rise in insurance auto fraud with the economic down turn and people losing their jobs. They interviewed a claims investigator who said that the spike in auto claims has shot up dramatically recently and that they are clamping down on thefts/burnings/full pay out claims especially near to the claimants home city.

The report showed 2 cars that were tagged as suspicious, one was a ML63!! and the other was a CLS 550? They implied in no uncertain terms that it's alot of high end vehicles that are turning up trashed for the insurance money... So I am not surprised that the insurance company is giving you a hard time as that's the easy way out for them, especially if there was no police report.
Erm...but the car BERUANG totalled was a 2001 Ford Focus station wagon with 150,000 miles on it. (See post #8 above.)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Banned

SL600
I thought it was your sick a$$ CLK at first... glad to hear it was just a Focus. Regardless, you should have said that "hydroplaning" bit.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have Allstate and only my Clk55 has full coverage. C36 just liability. So if I hit a pole or something with my C36 I'm responsible for the loss. I don't think the full coverage from the Clk55 is going to transfer. But if it gets damaged from another car their insurance pays only if your not at fault.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Pics?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
If you think they're given you crap now, wait until the repairs!

I had a driver rear end my Jag. I learned one thing. Diminished Value. This is when your car is involved in an accident and requires repairs. Of course if you had a choice between two exact cars--one in an accident and the other no accidents you would chose no accidents. The no accident car is always worth more, especially upon resale.
This point in law is well established. The down side, most insurance policies exclude it. The upside, if someone hits you, its not your insurance co paying for the repairs pursuant to all the fine print including excluding diminished value. So, if someone damages your car you can collect diminished value from the other insurance co.

So what is it worth? Depending on the damage, the quality of the repairs and the price of your car. $5-10K is not unreasonable. That is cash over and above the cost to put your damaged car back on the road.

Not bad. Just google it and you'll find someone in your state that can represent your insterests in terms of diminished value.

It may not work if you are at fault.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 AM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
true...it's some how my fault...well i know i got a better chance if i hit the car in-front of me...but oh well, at least no other person got injured...and I just gonna called it bad luck

and btw...I dont think my 2001 ford focus is considered a high-end car
and i dont think its worth more than $6,000

but the sentimental value of that car is priceless to me...I even sold my CLK instead my Focus to make a room for my C63...it is really that much for me...

and sorry for the bull-sh*t i post here...I still wanted my focus back
Old 05-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
I'm glad your not hurt but I hate hearing negative feedback about Geico....I use them as well.......Lets see the damaged pics!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:14 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
I'm glad your not hurt but I hate hearing negative feedback about Geico....I use them as well.......Lets see the damaged pics!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:29 PM

R8 V10
hey man, sucks to hear....at least you are safe though...
Old 05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by B.E.R.U.A.N.G
true...it's some how my fault...well i know i got a better chance if i hit the car in-front of me...but oh well, at least no other person got injured...and I just gonna called it bad luck

and btw...I dont think my 2001 ford focus is considered a high-end car
and i dont think its worth more than $6,000

but the sentimental value of that car is priceless to me...I even sold my CLK instead my Focus to make a room for my C63...it is really that much for me...

and sorry for the bull-sh*t i post here...I still wanted my focus back
If you rearend someone, your 100% at fault.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Your goingto have to repair the car. Geico really is outof the loop on this because you only have liability.

You needed to file a claim with the person that cut you off and caused you to deter into the rail.

Your liability insurance would cover the car you hit but only if you were at fault.

This is an example of not involving your insurance. You collided with the guard rail and unfortunately are 100%responsible to repair your car , this is not covered by liability.

Just be glad you are not stuck with the repair of the guard rail...

It was good for Geico you avoided the other car as if you hit from the rear 99% of the time you are at fault and geico would pay to have the OTHER VEHICLE fixed not yours.

I have full coverage on all my cars plus a 1m umbrella. Geico is telling me to prove to them when the damage on my car happened which is impossible. LOL So I pay 4400.00 year and get denied, you likely pay less for your Focus and liability only protects other peoples property from you.

Fix your car, and be thankful you are not hurt. Geico has some great people and some vindictive ones

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just totalled my car, and very disapointed with Geico's response...