Sponsored by:

A couple questions about my steel gray c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63
A couple questions about my steel gray c63

First of all - Hello. I just picked up my c63 monday, and I have been having a blast (as much as the break-in period allows, anyways). I'm happy to finally be a part of this community.

I've searched around a bit, and I haven't been able to find a steel gray with smoked side markers or tail/headlights (Much less all 3).

I am curious as to what the mbworld community thinks about smoking a steel gray.

I don't plan to do too much; most likely ~20% tint on windows, smoked side markers, "smoked" $8 Autozone license plate cover, and eventually smoked tail/head lights.

I love the understated look of my steel gray, so I don't want anything that sticks out too much, but maybe the smoked accents would give the car a more distinctive and sleek look?

Also, I'd like your opinions on steel gray with carbon fiber accents. If you've seen a steel gray that really took your breath away, please give me a link/pictures, I want to work towards something, and a solid goal would be really great.

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Congrats on the car and welcome to mbworld!

Good color choice too!

I personally went with clear markers on my Steel Grey C350. It was a toss up but in the end I wanted them to go with the jeweled clear headlights.

Check out Maverick1975's car. Same color (Tenorite Grey == Steel Grey). He's added some CF parts and has posted lots of pics. Here's a start for you.

CF on tenorite C63

Some mod pics

Again, congrats on the C63!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:22 PM

09 c63
Thanks a lot. It feels good to be a part of a (little bit) more mature crowd, coming from the e46 boards :[

The clear markers are definitely a great choice, but wouldn't contribute much to my goal of a low-profile "smoked" theme.

Originally Posted by Krytech
Congrats on the car and welcome to mbworld!

Good color choice too!

I personally went with clear markers on my Steel Grey C350. It was a toss up but in the end I wanted them to go with the jeweled clear headlights.

Check out Maverick1975's car. Same color (Tenorite Grey == Steel Grey). He's added some CF parts and has posted lots of pics. Here's a start for you.

CF on tenorite C63

Some mod pics

Again, congrats on the C63!
So if anyone can dig up a picture of a steel gray c63 with smoked head/tail or even just side markers, that'd be great. I am really at a loss, but I want to replace those ugly orange ones so badly!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM

09 C63 steel grey
Originally Posted by ifkamg
Thanks a lot. It feels good to be a part of a (little bit) more mature crowd, coming from the e46 boards :[

The clear markers are definitely a great choice, but wouldn't contribute much to my goal of a low-profile "smoked" theme.

So if anyone can dig up a picture of a steel gray c63 with smoked head/tail or even just side markers, that'd be great. I am really at a loss, but I want to replace those ugly orange ones so badly!
My car is in shop for 3 weeks! so I can't send you pics, but you can't go wrong switching the side markers from orange to smoked. Just order them now - I also switched to silver/amber bulbs, I think the white lights are just too briht. I don't have anything else smoked though, just the side markers.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Can't go wrong with smoked ones. The orange ones are horrendous. Why can't they not have it like the ones from other countries. Damn regulations.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Side note, congrats on the steel grey. Have one myself.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Evosport makes painted ones to match the color of your car. It's a sticky on the forum. I haven't gotten em so I can't tell you of any reviews (although I plan on getting them).
Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 PM

09 c63
Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed.

I'm going to go ahead and order the smoked markers tonight, since I haven't heard anyone say otherwise.

Now, on to my "which radar detector" topic...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
First off let me say welcome to MBWorld, this is truly a great group of people and I'm sure you'll not only learn alot but also contribute alot to our forum. Great color choice for your C63, I love hearing when someone purchased one in something other than silver or black. The tint you proposed sounded like a winner however other than maybe some blacked out tail light I wouldn't go to far when it comes to personalization. Thats just my take though, other than that Happy Driving and welcome once again.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 PM

09 c63
Originally Posted by AMG1
First off let me say welcome to MBWorld, this is truly a great group of people and I'm sure you'll not only learn alot but also contribute alot to our forum. Great color choice for your C63, I love hearing when someone purchased one in something other than silver or black. The tint you proposed sounded like a winner however other than maybe some blacked out tail light I wouldn't go to far when it comes to personalization. Thats just my take though, other than that Happy Driving and welcome once again.
Thanks man. My girlfriend was totally opposed to me getting a c63; she wanted me to go with the m3. Once she saw my car sitting at the dealership, however, things did change. :]

White/black are a little too flashy for me (to everyone - cops, vandals, etc.), but the steel gray just barely floats under the radar.

I agree about the customization bit. I believe tint, reflectors, and smoked heads and/or tails is as far as I will take it. Maybe some wheels down the line.

Thanks again for all the help, everyone.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Any Steel Grey owners get the Evosport Painted Side Markers? I'm wondering if the light shines through, or do I have to paint the bulbs?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:20 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe , Range Rover Sport
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Can't go wrong with smoked ones. The orange ones are horrendous. Why can't they not have it like the ones from other countries. Damn regulations.
Aussie spec C63`s don`t have them . Thank Christ for that .