Car behind is too close

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by id64
It is, it might cause the accident

Don't response to one careless act with another. Besides, you never know why car behind you is pushing you away, who is driving it and what is drivers mental state and how many legal/illegal handguns he is carrying.
LOL yeah keep thinking all paraniod like that... omg what if hes has a handgun...

hahaha cmon bro you can say that in every situation in life then... dont be such a *****...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
Well statistically there's enough hand guns out there for everyone in the world to own one...however that is including military and stuff
Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
LOL yeah keep thinking all paraniod like that... omg what if hes has a handgun...

hahaha cmon bro you can say that in every situation in life then... dont be such a *****...

I dare you to do that in certain parts of Los Angeles and give us your first hand account of the matter.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
I ignore most of the time, unless the car is either an M3, ISF, or RS4
Old 05-09-2009, 02:32 AM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Originally Posted by norb
You guys are a bunch of idiot jerks that make other benz owners look bad. Just get the hell out of the way. If someone is tailgating you, just be man enough to move over and let him pass. Don't get all girlie and get your feelings hurt.
OK, so I have been a member for a couple of months and it seems like in nearly every thread there's always someone that gets all emotional

Norb, you clearly have no problem making yourself look bad as a "benz owner"
Old 05-09-2009, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
I want to see some of these people, left lane hogs, on the German Autobahn and pull some of these stunts. Surprise, surprise. It'll come courtesy of the Postal Service.

Yes, your right on that one, by the way I guess I live pretty close to you. I work at Spangdahlem AB and live in Osann-Monzel, several minutes from the Mosell river (Bernkastel)
Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 AM

AMG C63, Merc C230, Audi A3
Originally Posted by DaGS1800

heh... I am not paranoid at all. You have to agree that roads that are only place that all individuals from all different social places are mixed.

My point is - you don't go deliberately in some neighborhoods for a little walk at night or at the evening, or in some places - not even during daylight. And you wouldn't be lecturing some persons how bad is a littering and what damage is can be done to a society by selling drugs. Now, you can easily encounter this type of a person on the highway... So, I don't think is worth it to react to the arrogant act arrogantly. Besides, I am definitely letting this pass by me if my driving with my kids.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 AM

09 C63 K2
Let’s say I comply with his request and let him go. He gets close to a bumper of another car in front of me, which does not make my driving much more safe either. Including my 2 manoeuvres. And this encourages him to continue.
In the queue for movie tickets or to gas station we do not allow person behind get to our place just because he is breathing down our neck. Why it is different here? It is just not fare. In the open space my cruse speed might be faster than his.

Sure, if there is no car in front of me, it is different. I will let him go in the first opportunity.

There are different reasons people drive close:
- Wants to go faster and ask to give a way
- It is a normal to drive like that (more for lady I think)
- Person is dissatisfy with my actions
- He does not want somebody gets in
If I know his reason, I can choose better my action.

I think common misconception for tailgaters is that they think they rule. But it in reality car behind will follow all manoeuvres of the car in front. More close tailgater is, more he is vulnerable and under control of a leading car. No need to show the full power – squeeze the brake. Just show little bit not to frustrate him. Otherwise when he is in the lead, prepare for similar response.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by vkam
Let’s say I comply with his request and let him go. He gets close to a bumper of another car in front of me, which does not make my driving much more safe either. Including my 2 manoeuvres. And this encourages him to continue.
In the queue for movie tickets or to gas station we do not allow person behind get to our place just because he is breathing down our neck. Why it is different here? It is just not fare.

I think common misconception for tailgaters is that they think they rule. But it in reality car behind will follow all manoeuvres of the car in front. More close tailgater is, more he is vulnerable and under control of a leading car.
The other common misconception (especially from you) is that you are in CONTROL with another car behind you. You aren't. That's a great way to get rear-ended. The tailgater is never under control of the leading car--he can hit the lead car at any moment!

An unsafe driver is ALWAYS better off AHEAD of you because you can simply slow down, hit the brakes, etc and he keeps going out of your way. This is basic traffic law.

The only person "vulnerable" in this tailgating scenario is YOU---the person who's about to get rear-ended by doing something stupid.

Let the a-hole pass, what's the big deal in doing that? Once he's in front of you, YOU become the one in control of the situation because you can react to him, rather than hoping he'll react to your lead and not crash into you.

Speeding up, tapping the brakes, and slowing down/flooring it only instigates more problems. Letting the guy by guarantees a resolution in your favor, 100% of the time because you are now in control of what's going on.

There's a lot of raging ego in here

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 05-09-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM

AMG C63, Merc C230, Audi A3
Originally Posted by mugatu22
The other common misconception (especially from you) is that you are in CONTROL with another car behind you. You aren't. That's a great way to get rear-ended.

An unsafe driver is ALWAYS better off AHEAD of you because you can simply slow down, hit the brakes, etc and he keeps going out of your way.

The only person "vulnerable" in this tailgating scenario is YOU---the person who's about to get rear-ended by doing something stupid.

Let the a-hole pass, what's the big deal? Once he's in front of you, YOU are suddenly the one in control of the situation because you can react to him, rather than hoping he'll react to your lead.

Too much raging ego in here
++2

I think that "following too close" falls under reckless driving category. So, let cops to deal with those idiots. I will say it again - you have no clue who are dealing with in the car behind you. There is a differences in between bravery and stupidity. Some people here probably need to grow up to understand it.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by thwalkerjr
OK, so I have been a member for a couple of months and it seems like in nearly every thread there's always someone that gets all emotional

Norb, you clearly have no problem making yourself look bad as a "benz owner"
Oh I'm sorry, are you the girlie type that gets his feelings hurt? Sorry.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
You really are an emotional idiot aren't you.

No feeling hurt here my friend. Get a clue
Old 05-09-2009, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
When will Vkam make a thread about "The car behind is following at exactly the right distance"?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 AM

09 C63 K2
Originally Posted by GBlansten
When will Vkam make a thread about "The car behind is following at exactly the right distance"?
Recommended distance in driving rules, 2 sec. Sorry, I did not mention it.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by thwalkerjr
You really are an emotional idiot aren't you.

No feeling hurt here my friend. Get a clue
Oh sure you didn't tough girl!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
(Bernkastel)
Just a short walk over the mountain.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:23 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Surely its not coincidence that norb and noob are so similar.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by vkam
Recommended distance in driving rules, 2 sec. Sorry, I did not mention it.
Thanks for your response but I was hoping for a thread. Good advice though.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Surely its not coincidence that norb and noob are so similar.
Right, been a noob since 2003 on MB world. I love it when noobs come here and think they're so hot.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 PM

M37S
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
Slam on the breaks and get my carbon diffuser and thank the guy behind me for paying it
Ya ...too bad in the great state of Arizona..no one has insurance LOOOOL
Old 05-10-2009, 09:32 PM

2013 E350
If I am unable to move to the right (or until I am able to), I will activate my emergency flashers without adjusting my speed. Usually this is enough for the car behind me to back off. Then when I am able to safely move to the right, I will.

JK
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
MASH THE PEDAL..who drives that slow anyway..
Unless in traffic, then brake check them..
I hate mini vans and retarded FOBS in Ca who charge behind you when traffic slows, like they are just used to running reds in some turd world country..

Last edited by Vader13; 05-10-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spulingt
Old 05-16-2009, 01:09 PM

'09 C63 AMG, '06 CTS-V
Oh sure you didn't tough girl!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Besides, if you call me a girl again and well... well... I am gonna start to believe it. Please stop. I can't take this anymore

Can't we C63 owners just get along?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'08 C63 AMG (turned in for lease)
HAHA this happened to me today, some person was on my *** on a road that has a 35 MPH speed limit with pot holes and cracks in the road that i only thought existed in 3rd world countries (and i didn't feel like breaking my teeth due to the tight suspension). Basically i slowed down to 10 be a dick and hoped they passed and instead this idiot put on their high beams...so i did what any responsible adult would do and brake checked the siht out of him (watching my rearview to make sure I didn't get rear ended). Then the road turned to perfectly flat asphalt and i buried the throttle (with a middle finger out of the sunroof) and never saw that jerk again.

Last edited by Danny_Boy; 05-17-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Originally Posted by Danny_Boy
HAHA this happened to me today, some person was on my *** on a road that has a 35 MPH speed limit with pot holes and cracks in the road that i only thought existed in 3rd world countries (and i didn't feel like breaking my teeth due to the tight suspension). Basically i slowed down to 10 be a dick and hoped they passed and instead this idiot put on their high beams...so i did what any responsible adult would do and brake checked the siht out of him (watching my rearview to make sure I didn't get rear ended). Then the road turned to perfectly flat asphalt and i buried the throttle (with a middle finger out of the sunroof) and never saw that jerk again.
lol No offense but I hate ppl who show the middle finger. IMO by giving the middle finger to someone who is pissing u off, u give them the power. I usually wave those ppl goodbye lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car behind is too close