Sponsored by:

Lexus ISF For The Wife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Rock
Hehe....don't think I haven't thought about that one but even she would see through that............. "Oh Honey, I just purchased you a candy-apple red, Cobb tuned GTR with 20 inch staggered BBS LMs that will blister the 1/4 mile in 11sec. flat.......and don't worry, you'll blend in fine with all of your Accord driving friends."
I was in the same dilemma as you, my SO needed a new car. She fell in love with the IS-F's interior and the belief that Japanese cars have better reliability. We test drove the M3, IS-F and C63. The C63 came out as the most expensive car out of the bunch but the Torque justified the price difference (at least for me). Plus we got the C63 at -$500 from MSRP all inclusive (tax and registration) which amounts to 10% off. I guess that wasn't too bad since I was seeing eBay listings for brand new C63s in the same price range. So FYI if you decide on a C63 bargain hard.

I actually tired to sell her into the idea of getting a GTR... and she immediately said, "wow a 80K Nissan are you out of your mind!?"

Off topic, she works in a corporation where everyone wears a suit and everyone is a professional. One of her girl friend at work saw her C63 and made a comment "Wow that looks so fast even if its standing still! Those exhaust that's like a Fast and the Furious car." I laughed when I heard that story and replied you should have decided on a GTR then at least that comment would make sense.

Last edited by arctichaze; 06-06-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by arctichaze
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed this. 90% of his post are plain out confrontational.

https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4362091

That link should be enough proof.
OO I am just crying my A$$ off guys, you really upset me here... Why don’t all of you clowns read my first post on this thread... it was not confrontational, I was simply jumping into the discussion on this forum, and stating pure FACTS about the IS-f which you can find in a magazine or other car websites online... All I stated was the IS-f was in last place compared to all the other sedans in its class (FACTS), then someone with an IS-f began crying like a 4yr old... I think its time for a tampon change guys... Just about that time of the month huh...

I couldn’t care less what you think about me
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Pull the trigger on the IS-F, im sure she will love it and do you can drive it when you wanna get a break from the beast. You cant beat the reliability of a Lexus either, something Mercedes has lost in the last couple of years.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
the perfect girls car
Old 06-06-2009, 11:51 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Wow!

Originally Posted by 6.3AMG
the perfect girls car
If the IS F is the perfect girls car then what does that make the C63? LOL...this really is some funny stuff. I guess all the bashing and insults the IS F is receiving from some; is well deserved since it's Lexus first attempt to be competitive in the high performance sedan market right? (Being sarcastic of course) Fair enough I suppose...BMW and Mercedes have dominated this market for so long...no way will a toyota come along and dethrone the M3..that's insane...and definitely not the C63 or even an Audi! The IS F is a very good first attempt to be competitive with M3 and other sedans. They're making huge strides and in my opinion are snipping right at the heels of the Germans...all of these cars have some good things going for them. All else that one doesn't like about any of these cars are more or less subjective to their own style, preference and whatever else they value most in a car period. Oh yeah, forget about what Car and Driver, Motor Trend etc have to say about their "Test drives" and their "Choice of vehicle" and test drive a car for yourself before drawing any conclusions because most of these cars in some aspect are soooo over-rated and most mags are completely biased when other cars are compared to German cars....ESPECIALLY THE M3!! It's been the bench mark for this market for so long that no other car can touch it not even the
C63! I dare any of you to go to the BMW forum and try to make an argument as to why the C63 is better I'm willing to bet you'd come back thinking What was I thinking? LMAO... I just wish that some people would have the ***** (excuse me) be a good sport about it and give props when props are due. The IS F is a fine car and with 400+ ponies, nice luxury and a reputation of being reliable, it definitely deserves much more respect from all car enthusiasts. Is that asking for too much?

Last edited by MARTYMAR; 06-06-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:01 AM

09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MARTYMAR
If the IS F is the perfect girls car then what does that make the C63? LOL...this really is some funny stuff. I guess all the bashing and insults the IS F is receiving from some; is well deserved since it's Lexus first attempt to be competitive in the high performance sedan market right? (Being sarcastic of course) Fair enough I suppose...BMW and Mercedes have dominated this market for so long...no way will a toyota come along and dethrone the M3..that's insane...and definitely not the C63 or even an Audi! The IS F is a very good first attempt to be competitive with M3 and other sedans. They're making huge strides and in my opinion are snipping right at the heels of the Germans...all of these cars have some good things going for them. All else that one doesn't like about any of these cars are more or less subjective to their own style, preference and whatever else they value most in a car period. Oh yeah, forget about what Car and Driver, Motor Trend etc have to say about their "Test drives" and their "Choice of vehicle" and test drive a car for yourself before drawing any conclusions because most of these cars in some aspect are soooo over-rated and most mags are completely biased when other cars are compared to German cars....ESPECIALLY THE M3!! It's been the bench mark for this market for so long that no other car can touch it not even the
C63! I dare any of you to go to the BMW forum and try to make an argument as to why the C63 is better I'm willing to bet you'd come back thinking What was I thinking? LMAO... I just wish that some people would have the ***** (excuse me) be a good sport about it and give props when props are due. The IS F is a fine car and with 400+ ponies, nice luxury and a reputation of being reliable, it definitely deserves much more respect from all car enthusiasts. Is that asking for too much?
I actually agree with your points. For a first strike at the high performance sedan market, Lexus has done a great job. I don’t hate the Lexus at all, I was just stating that it’s not exactly my style nor does it have the better performance abilities out of its class. Although that may be the case I would rather have the Lexus over the CTS-v and like soldier said they do make reliable cars... I don’t think people DONT respect the IS-f I just think that when compared to the others it’s not labeled as the "best" in any significant category, that all... My friend is a huge enthusiast and he actually chose the IS-f over the M3 sedan (He hates Benz's for some reason also) and I don’t necessarily disagree with his decision. Most magazines ARE biased towards the Germans cars; however there is a reason for that, BUT Lexus has certainly stepped up their game. Like I said earlier, it’s not exactly my cup of tea but it sure is fun to drive.

As far as going on the M3 forum to preach how great the C63 is... I don’t think that is such a good idea hahaha, just like I wouldn’t preach a Lexus here, and so on...
Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 PM

2009 C63 K1
Agree with points on the IS-F as far as it being a good start for Lexus into this market. IMO the C63 is first Mercedes to actually compete as far as an all around performance sedan. I've had two M3's and the C63 is first Benz that I even considered owning. I still wish a manual was offered (spare me the shift speed arguments). Competition is good for the consumer so more power to the success of the IS-F.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche

Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MARTYMAR
I find it difficult to understand your key point through all your rambling.

You conclude with, "...it definately deserves much more respect from all car enthusists. Is that asking for too much?"

Yes, I believe it is. You want all car enthusiasts to assign greater respect to the IS-F? Speaking for myself, I'll assign as much respect for the IS-F as I care to assign.

Good luck changing the world, one IS-F at a time.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
I don't get the sense that people here hold the IS F in disdain. For the most part, it seems like we recognize it as a very competent high-performance sports sedan. But it doesn't mean people are obligated to love it and wax lyrical about its attributes all day long.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Ekaru Lives!!!! Car **** has not been the same since you disappeared from M3forum.

Interesting, I didn't realize the ISF could run that close to the C63 in the quarter. The mph difference was only .6 and the et. .1sec.......nice!! Hey, as long as she can smoke an M3 at the stop light I'm happy.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:11 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I find it difficult to understand your key point through all your rambling.

You conclude with, "...it definately deserves much more respect from all car enthusists. Is that asking for too much?"

Yes, I believe it is. You want all car enthusiasts to assign greater respect to the IS-F? Speaking for myself, I'll assign as much respect for the IS-F as I care to assign.

Good luck changing the world, one IS-F at a time.
Haha. Isn't that why we have these forums? To express ourselves correct? One is entitled to his/her opinion. Carry on. I wasn't trying to tell anybody how to think or how they should feel about the IS F (although it came across that way to some apparently). I just don't get how anyone that knows as much as we do about cars, power etc could sit here and not recognize that any car regardless of the "Brand" could say 400+ ponies is a girls car! That's funny to me. It might not be 'Thee' preferred track car like the M3 and the C63 but it's certainly a fast enough car for that particular market of people Lexus is targeting. I see the IS F as an alternative to those that would prefer it over a German car for whatever their reason(s) are. I'll stop here because my dam check engine light on the AMG is on again. Besides, I don't want to ramble too much.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I don't get the sense that people here hold the IS F in disdain. For the most part, it seems like we recognize it as a very competent high-performance sports sedan. But it doesn't mean people are obligated to love it and wax lyrical about its attributes all day long.

I agree 100% point well taken.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI

I'll tell you that my wife's name is Wilma and we named our daughter Betty.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM

C63 09'/ K2500HD /01 Starex
I just traded my IS F in for a black C63..... Your choice man, whatever makes the wifey happy. The trade in they gave me for the IS F was 49000.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM

2007 E63 AMG
IT'S A TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!! Buy a real car!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by F1MB
IT'S A TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!! Buy a real car!
Why is a Toyota not a real car? The fit, finish and materials are just as nice as my Mercedes and I know it would be in the shop a lot less.

Okay, so it's a tick slower around the track and at the strip but that hardly disqualifies it from being a great performance machine and a tremendous value.

Actually, I already got the wife a ride and it smokes both the ISF and the C63.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Toyota-Lexus
Honda-Acura
Nissan-Infiniti

Great cars!!

but they dont have the history or soul of a true automobile.

Mercedes Benz- Mercedes Benz
BMW-BMW
Ferrari-Ferrari
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by F1MB
Toyota-Lexus
Honda-Acura
Nissan-Infiniti

Great cars!!

but they dont have the history or soul of a true automobile.

Mercedes Benz- Mercedes Benz
BMW-BMW
Ferrari-Ferrari
Yeah, well GM had a history of being the biggest automobile company in the world and look where that got them.

You cannot be serious? Please don't be a fan-boy. Go out, drive some other cars and experience what they have to offer. Please be a car-lover not marque-lover.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 PM

C63
i love my isf hahahahahah
Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
The ISF is a great car. I would say at the very least TRY one out. I can tell you they are very competent performers (Cathafer's has raised quite a few eyebrows of sports car drivers!), and sickly reliable. The Blue car that's on our site is a daily driver in the pothole capital of the world....NY! lol

Anyways, if your thinking about it, why not try it. You can always dump it if it doesn't work for you..oops... I meant the wife!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 AM

09' C63 AMG
"Why is a Toyota not a real car? The fit, finish and materials are just as nice as my Mercedes"
LOL you just lost all credibility in my eyes
Old 06-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by DaGS1800
LOL you just lost all credibility in my eyes
2008 Nameplate JD power and VDS Ranking
Problems Per 100 Vehicles
Lexus 120
Mercury 151
Cadillac 155
Toyota 159
Acura 160
Buick 163
BMW 164
Lincoln 165
Honda 177
Jaguar 178
Porsche 193
Mitsubishi 197
Hyundai 200
Ford 204
Infiniti 204
Industry Average 206
Audi 207
Mercedes-Benz 215
Nissan 224
Pontiac 225
GMC 226
Mazda 228
Subaru 228
Chrysler 229
Dodge 230
MINI 233
Chevrolet 239
HUMMER 241
Scion 243
Volvo 244
Saturn 250
Jeep 253
Volkswagen 253
SAAB 254
Isuzu 274
Kia 278
Suzuki 302
Land Rover 344

I'm not the only one that believes Lexus makes well built cars.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
2008 Nameplate JD power and VDS Ranking
Problems Per 100 Vehicles
Lexus 120
Mercury 151
Cadillac 155
Toyota 159
Acura 160
Buick 163
BMW 164
Lincoln 165
Honda 177
Jaguar 178
Porsche 193
Mitsubishi 197
Hyundai 200
Ford 204
Infiniti 204
Industry Average 206
Audi 207
Mercedes-Benz 215
Nissan 224
Pontiac 225
GMC 226
Mazda 228
Subaru 228
Chrysler 229
Dodge 230
MINI 233
Chevrolet 239
HUMMER 241
Scion 243
Volvo 244
Saturn 250
Jeep 253
Volkswagen 253
SAAB 254
Isuzu 274
Kia 278
Suzuki 302
Land Rover 344

I'm not the only one that believes Lexus makes well built cars.
I worked for Lexus for 9 years... my better half still does. The fit and finish on certain rides could be argued as not as strong as my Benz stock (CL65 and 2 E55's) but what cant be argued with is the refinement that these cars bring. Germans bring engineering like no other but the Japanese make some long lasting, limited issue cars. Of course you will have those that will always come out say or tell their errors but having worked and owned the following Lexi (plural for Lexus??)- I had zero major issues (some brake complaints were basically it):

1998 GS400
1999 GS400
2000 GS400
2001 GS300
2002 SC430
2004 LS430
2006 GX470
2007 GS430
2008 GS350

Lets say I have empirical data here. But does that mean Lexus is a better car in my eyes? No. There are other things that clearly hurt Lexus but Im just talking about reliability here.

Since the better half has to drive a Lexus to get the car allowance, Im seriously looking at the IS-F. We get the car way back of cost and a payment allowance. Its the closest thing Lexus has to involvement ever.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM

08' C350, Toyota Tundra
Maybe it's me but getting a woman a car with over 400hp seems a no no lol....im not married maybe im just biased. I just can't see a woman using all that power, thats all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus ISF For The Wife