Sponsored by:

C63 2mths old owner from Singapore :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
C63 2mths old owner from Singapore :-)

Hi all, this forum has been fantastic. I understand that majority of the AMGs are being sold into the US and there are really very few running around in Singapore. Cars in Singapore is the most expensive in the world. As a guide, the AMG cost me USD224k

In any case, I am a car fanatic and it's great to find you guys who are active and very gentlemanly :-)

And oh, I have my car tuned by this german tuner Shimiddi. A workshop here downloaded the map from them and installed unto my ECU. Other than that, other stuffs are bone stock!

Hope to learn more from you guys!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, SLK, F150
Enjoy it and have fun. You have a great car, good choice. Even stock its great. Post pics soon
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 PM

2008 Obsidian Black C63
224k USD for a C63? I love this car, but man..that is out of this world
Old 06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Welcome ford. Are you permitted to buy elsewhere and import cars to your country?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Congrats!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Threadstarter is startlingly too young to drive. Two months?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fordandford
Hi all, this forum has been fantastic. I understand that majority of the AMGs are being sold into the US and there are really very few running around in Singapore.
Welcome...but at this moment, it seems there are more owners reporting in from Vancouver, Canada.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:20 AM

c63
the tax rate on cars are bloody expensive. either way, i am thoroughly enjoying the ride at the moment.

i used to have a fully modded subaru legacy and the ride is a lot more explosive with a huge turbo in there. c63 on the other hand is freaking fast, and yet, you dont really feel that much of the pull nor the explosive action.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by GBlansten
haha.

Congrats on the car. I almost bought one myself.

You have to post pics. It's the rule.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by fordandford
the tax rate on cars are bloody expensive. either way, i am thoroughly enjoying the ride at the moment.

i used to have a fully modded subaru legacy and the ride is a lot more explosive with a huge turbo in there. c63 on the other hand is freaking fast, and yet, you dont really feel that much of the pull nor the explosive action.
I once paid about US$90,000 for a Honda Civic when I was living in Singapore.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 AM

C63
that is insane. Who makes the difference in price between what the carmakers charge and what the customers pay? The government? If singapore was a country like Japan or Korea where the car industry is a big part of the economy but to my knowledge Singapore doesn't even manufacture any cars right?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by lyotomachida
that is insane. Who makes the difference in price between what the carmakers charge and what the customers pay? The government? If singapore was a country like Japan or Korea where the car industry is a big part of the economy but to my knowledge Singapore doesn't even manufacture any cars right?
Two words: IMPORT TAX.

LOL
Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
I once paid about US$90,000 for a Honda Civic when I was living in Singapore.
And it was probably a DX model and not the Si.

Sigapore is ridiculous! And I thought my bro in law was crazy paying $55k USD for an IS-250 in Taipei.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by maffie
The import tax is ridiculous high in singapore, about 110% of the car price? Of course, so are tobacco (400% or smth) and alcohol.

The road tax is $1 per cc/ year right?
Copied and pasted from another site:

Vehicle Quota System

Singapore is a small country with limited space. In order to prevent huge traffic jams, the Singapore government implemented the Vehicle Quota System (VQS), a system which allows the government to control the amount of cars on the road. The quota is reviewed on a regular basis and is set per month, based on the road conditions and amount of cars permanently taken off the road in that month (by scrapping, exporting or otherwise).

The VQS is controlled by the Certificate of Entitlement, or COE. Here's how it works:

Certificate of Entitlement

Each month, the Land Transport Authority will determine how many of each catagory of vehicles are allowed on the road according to the VQS. Subtracting from that amount the amount of vehicles of that catagory which are already on the road leaves an amount of 'open places' in that catagory. The LTA will then issue that amount of Certificates of Entitlement (COE). Every vehicle owner must have a COE. This means that there is a chance that the amount of people who want to buy a new vehicle is higher than the amount of COEs available in that month. This is why the COEs are sold through an open bidding system and means that prices of the COE may soar if demand is high. While the price fluctuates tremendously, the average price of a 10-year COE is around $35.000 for a car of less then 1600 cc engine capacity!

First-time COEs are purchased for a 10-year period, after which you may decide to bid for a new COE to keep your vehicle on the road. The renewal can be either 10 years, or 5 years. The difference between the two (apart from the obvious validity time) is that a 10-year COE may be renewed at the end of that term, whereas a 5-year COE may not be renewed. In other words, once you buy a 5-year COE, your vehicle MUST be permanently taken off the road at the end of that 5 years.

Registration fees and taxes

Every car in Singapore is taxed by an import (Customs) duty, registration fee, an additional registration fee, and road tax. The import duty is 31% of the import value of the car, on top of that, a $1000 Registration Fee is charged for private cars ($5000 for company cars) and on top of that, an Additional Registration Fee (ARF) is charged. The (ARF) is 140% of the Open Market Value (OMV) of the vehicle.

To then get the car on the road, you have to successfully bid for a COE and pay road tax. Road tax brackets are based on the type and weight of the vehicle. After the 10th year, the road tax will rise with an additional 10% per year, up to a maximum of 150% at the 15th year. Total cost of your vehicle

Cost price + Import duty + Registration Fee + Additional Registration Fee + COE + Road Tax

And then, of course, we haven't even counted in the compulsory Vehicle Insurance, ERP, petrol and maintenance costs.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by GBlansten
*chuckles*