Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning, Escalade, Duc
MB dealer will not take my money!!

have any of you ever seen this??

Andy, Sorry, the policy of the dealership is that we will only sell vehicles to customers who come here to complete all paperwork involved. We want to see "the whites of there eyes" you could say. There has been a problem with new vehicles being shipped overseas which Mercedes Benz does not allow. Again, sorry

this is absolute BS, is there anyone who works at MB who has heard such a thing??
Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Details? Where's the dealer, etc..

When you buy a new car, you sign a form that says you promise not to ship it overseas.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
wow is all I can say. Im an american with a US address, US bank, US insurer, who is deployed with the US military.
MB of Hagerstown MD
Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Aren't you shipping to AK? I guess that's technically "overseas" but still in the US of A...
Old 07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
last time I checked. im at a loss for words
Old 07-20-2009, 02:18 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
I don't get it as how is that an overseas sale? But again, MB has its own overseas delivery program if you can get to Germany.

Sheep
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by ati2ud
last time I checked. im at a loss for words
I just realized you are not far from Silver Spring, and I really think you should talk to Rick Richards at Herb Gordon Mercedes-Benz there.

http://www.mercedesbenzsilverspring.net/default.aspx

He was the one that helped me setup and getting ready to order my 2010 C63.

Hope this helps,
Sheep
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
hey whats up sheep, im still in Iraq, that was a link 'even money' hooked me up with. Obviously it would be shipped to my home in AK. In this day and age of web video, scanning, faxing, Fedex, UPS, there is absolutely no reason a dealer could not get whatever info he needed from me in a reasonable amount of time. To say you need to see me is crap, as I could just as easily buy it in person and then ship it out of the country. Im really upset by this right now
Old 07-20-2009, 02:37 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
http://mercedesmilitarysales.com/index.php

You should also try ^ these guys, as they specialized in overseas military sales in Germany. Let me know how it goes.

Sheep
Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
thanks for the link, but honestly this makes no since. Im not stationed overseas, I dont live overseas, I am in Iraq for another month give or take and then I go back to my residence in the US. wow
Old 07-20-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
I think what they mean is that the the dollar is so weak against the Euro and these cars are at least doubled the price in Europe that it hurts their business.If I was you I would take it up the "chain". I am a DOD civilian in Germany (prior active duty) and we get a 10% military discount on all benz's to include the C63 and tax free as well.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
I tried to get the military discount, currently in Iraq, but MB will only give the military discount to those stationed or TDY to Germany, nowhere else. There was rumor of a middle east program, but I've yet to hear of it. You would have to register the car in Germany to get it tax free. You would then have to pay shipping, so with the current deals in the states, the military discount actually costs more. I already have a deal set, still looking for a better price, that includes shipping, and I'm in Iraq, so not sure why you would be having issues...If I get a better deal than the one I have now, ati2ud, then I'm sure my current guy will hook you up, although your shipping will cost more..
Old 07-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
I think what they mean is that the the dollar is so weak against the Euro and these cars are at least doubled the price in Europe that it hurts their business.If I was you I would take it up the "chain". I am a DOD civilian in Germany (prior active duty) and we get a 10% military discount on all benz's to include the C63 and tax free as well.
but I dont live or work full time out of the US. I am temporarily deployed with the unit from my city in the US. I purchased a car last time I was deployed here and there is no piece of information that can not be handled by scan, fax, Fedex, bank wire. I have emailed the address on the main MBUSA website but that is the only "chain link" I have. Thank you for the replys as I am really turned off by this situation right now
Old 07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
Originally Posted by Even Money
I already have a deal set, still looking for a better price, that includes shipping, and I'm in Iraq, so not sure why you would be having issues...If I get a better deal than the one I have now, ati2ud, then I'm sure my current guy will hook you up, although your shipping will cost more..
honestly I think its crap, I personally think he or they just dont want to deal with a sale that may or may not take an extra few days so they are pushing this excuse on me. IDK
Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
honestly I think its crap, I personally think he or they just dont want to deal with a sale that may or may not take an extra few days so they are pushing this excuse on me. IDK
Why would they do that? They're backed up on cars. They need to get rid of it. And they need the money. Where are you buying it from and where are you trying to get it shipped to? There is a contract saying you won't ship the car I think for 2 years.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
Originally Posted by Jae Duk
Why would they do that? They're backed up on cars. They need to get rid of it. And they need the money. Where are you buying it from and where are you trying to get it shipped to? There is a contract saying you won't ship the car I think for 2 years.
hey man, Im really confused and a little upset by it. Ive never lived outside the US, that is where im going back to soon, and I was trying to get it shipped to the residence I have lived at for years in Alaska. I was trying to get it from MB of Hagerstown MD
Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
why dont you just try another dealer? What's so important about buying from Hagerstown?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
Originally Posted by Franman
why dont you just try another dealer? What's so important about buying from Hagerstown?
I respect your advice, but this is the 1st one I have personally seen with the PP with a great discount, and as far as I know the inventory is not increasing. To add to that I have requests in at dealers in WA were I will be training for a bit before going back to AK with no response. If you have a perticular dealer you are thinking of I would appreciate the hook up. To go a bit farther without hopefully getting flamed, this would be my 1st MB, part of the reason I decided on this over RS4, M3, IS-F, or CTS-V was what I have heard 2nd hand about customer srvc. As this is the 1st official dealer that I have conversed with it kind of left a bad taste and I think its wrong to treat a potential customer like this. Maybe I am way off base here, but I dont see it.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63
You can also try researching edmunds.com, autotrader to see if there's any in the country. Then you can contact them that way. Hope that helps a bit. I didn't know having the car shipped to Alaska is considered leaving the country? Have you tried your local Alaska dealer in seeing if they could locate one for you with the specs that you want?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
If you want a hook up with a dealer in WA state, I have one. Let me know. I'm negotiating on one right now in SoCal, but have a back-up in WA state.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 PM

C63
I am sure that mercedes benz has such a policy which is not allow shipping the new car to over sea
Old 07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
Originally Posted by M-ToDo
I am sure that mercedes benz has such a policy which is not allow shipping the new car to over sea
dude im not shipping it overseas. Last time I checked Alaska was part of the 50 states.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Lightning, Escalade, Duc
even money - pm sent man thanks.
Jae - dealers in AK are a bit hard to negotiate with, they work their farthest north angle and know you cant drive for 1 hour and find a few more. But I did contact them last week and they havent replied. Edmunds is a good source and that is how I found some dealers with inventory in WA, so far no luck. Thanks for the advice though I really do appreciate everyones help
-andy
Old 07-20-2009, 04:40 PM

C63
I think there must be a reason I guessing. EX: i think some countries sell C63 $150,000US almost US Ferrari price. To avoid New car reselling oversea that's why MB made this policy.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:42 PM

C63
dude im not shipping it overseas. Last time I checked Alaska was part of the 50 states.
sorry my misunderstood

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB dealer will not take my money!!