Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cars You Won't Race, And Cars You Will

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Then they should callout jrcart and race him in his modded CLK BS. Jim is always up for a challenge and he has the mouth as well as pocketbook to back it up.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL550
Originally Posted by sflgator
Nice!!! Yeah, like I said in my other post, you'll love the GL450...the best large SUV on the road today, imho!!!! Congrats...enjoy it.
Originally Posted by 1QWKJEEP
Traded the Cayenne yesterday for an 09 GL450 couldn't wait any longer will post up pics later, this damn thing is fun to drive TONS of torque.
I just caught my typo its a 550 not 450 loving the A/C seats here in Texas how in the world did I live without these all this time I have no idea. Not a big fan of the chrome roof rails....hmmm anyone completely blacked out a GL550??? Back end sits a bit high but this thing freakin corners. Already putting it to work hooked the trailor up to it today to take some supplies down to the bar forgot it was even back there.

PICS:
https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...ml#post3662309

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-09-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Jeep srt8
Originally Posted by propain
Hmmm... I dont know dude. 11.7 full a full car lead and you smoked him like he was a 16 second car. I know your car is fast but that dude must have been in 6th gear in comfort mode or something.

I guess im over estimating the SL63. I thought it ran a high 11 stock. If it only runs a 12.5 then the C63 with an K1 can beat it. Granted your truck is a beast. Im not trying to take that away from you or put MB ego in front of it. I thought the SL63 was an 11.9 car. If its only a 12.5 DAMN what a waste of money. Id get a C6 vette and drop a supercharger in it and eat your SRT8 for breakfest.

Either way, I wanna see this beast on sunday. The vette guys said it was cool. Id like to see you run the Red C6. He would eat you easy.
I dont mean to come off like that, I apologize. I'm 37 yrs old, this is my first fast vehicle and I may have gone a little overboard on it. I am a carpenter, I build resturants for a living, I've been hitting the track hard lately to try and beat the NA record for a Jeep at 11.57. All in good fun, I really just like to race to get a guage of how fast it realy is. Everyone respects the Jeep from a stop light, just trying to get a little respect from a roll. Looking forward to bull****ting!!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by junior666
I dont mean to come off like that, I apologize. I'm 37 yrs old, this is my first fast vehicle and I may have gone a little overboard on it. I am a carpenter, I build resturants for a living, I've been hitting the track hard lately to try and beat the NA record for a Jeep at 11.57. All in good fun, I really just like to race to get a guage of how fast it realy is. Everyone respects the Jeep from a stop light, just trying to get a little respect from a roll. Looking forward to bull****ting!!
What happens for you when you get a little respect from a roll?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 PM

Jeep srt8
Originally Posted by GBlansten
What happens for you when you get a little respect from a roll?
I guess I will have respect from a roll!!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Chevy HHR tried to race me Wasn't going to even bother wasting the gas.... Maybe I should put the C63 badge back on..
Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 AM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by MercPlease
Chevy HHR tried to race me Wasn't going to even bother wasting the gas.... Maybe I should put the C63 badge back on..

Good Lord man I see you have a Fisker on order Just think If Fiat had not decided to keep the Viper around I saw their concept IT WAS SICK The BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9 & V8 Vantage he designed were just beautiful-CONGRATS

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-10-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Good Lord man I see you have a Fisker on order Just think If Fiat had not decided to keep the Viper around I saw their concept IT WAS SICK The BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9 & V8 Vantage he designed were just beautiful-CONGRATS
They are indeed! Thanks! I'm scheduled for delivery 2nd half 2010
Old 08-10-2009, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Here is a video I took of me against an SL63 AMG, in the video I said C63, my bad!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMOSaQ10uxA
Top dwn racing SL is like a huge air brake lol..

stock SL63 run 12.5-12.9 @ 109-111 & weigh 4500+ lbs add in Driver + passenger in SL63 puts it close to 4900lbs w/much less TQ IE 465 crank TQ vs your 510 rwto = 600+ crank TQ

SL63 still put up a decent struggle for a second considering Top dwn & weight, the extra 135 TQ didn't look that impressive from roll...
Old 08-10-2009, 03:36 AM

SRT JEEP
coming into this fresh with no direct "beef". but MAN Thericker your comments get OLD.

i respect the 63's for sure, love the exhaust notes and yes plenty of top end.

1 - the video Junior posted was of him walking a car that you say traps 109-111, and he was clearly rolling OUT on it. but wait, the top was down. and oh wait, Juniors car is too modded for you. even though a "tune" ADDED BOOST to your old car.

2 - false claims are where i am NOT. i will say a lot of you clearly walk around like your sh** doesn't stink and it's exactly what i Didn't expect to see. i really thought the rumors were just that.

3 - the only claim i will make is... hey guess what? remember that 1.6 60' ? WE CAN DO THAT ON THE STREET & you can't. thats it! thats all i really wanted to say. fact of the matter is that we(in our Fing STOCK JEEP that we daily drive through some of the worst weather and haul god knows what in) can match or beat you off the line and to a respectable speed because i feel strongly that you cannot launch as well on the street.

those of you that race from a roll, would be considered Ricers by MANY. but you're right in doing it, because you can't launch.

i do think it's hilarious that even though we "didn't ruffle any feathers" you sure had a sh** ton to say about us. how about you keep your noses up on the highway and at streetlights. unless of course you wan't to test that theory.

the only condition i would have with the stock vs stock is atleast cooling mods, for god sake our disgustingly thick & large alum manifold traps heat like no other. hence some people running 13.5s stock and others running 12.80s (both corrected times)

yes, sure, fine your cars wayyy out trap ours. yes you can run nasty 1320 times on DRs and not-so-bad times on street tires. but this is on prepped tracks. the game changes when you're on the street next to a jeep at a red light. you can say "i'd definately blow by at around 90mph" but fact is the jeep has done it's damage and let off with a smile.

the SRT team developed it to be FUN, and they did well. i don't have to hit triple digits to feel like i'm riding a roller-coaster. i'll give you one thing though, you did well picking it apart for what it is.. AWD with gobs of DT loss - check. terrible aero after 100mph - check. lure that jeep onto the highway and show him my top end - check. show off for your girlfriend at a redlight - not checked.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:47 AM

SRT JEEP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DW8FXOwF5E
Old 08-10-2009, 03:51 AM

'08 IS F; '09 ML 320 Bluetec; '10 X5 35d
Originally Posted by CustomCaddys
Sure they may be fast, but they still have the POS Dodge interiors and ride quality.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Sure they may be fast, but they still have the POS Dodge interiors and ride quality.
Ride quality I agree. The difference between riding a truck and planting your *** on the pavement. The C63 has amazing ride quality. Even compared to a regular C class. I had a C350 4 matic loaner. Im sorry, but I would NEVER buy that car. It feel very... ummm.. unGerman...

As to the interior, the C63 is nothing to write home about. The leather is about the same if no inferior to that of the GM CTSV. The interior is also quite plain. Dodge uses some good leather but they do cheap out on a lot of cheapo plastic inserts. It also doesn’t seem to fit tightly together if you know what I mean. Rattley I guess if it’s a word...

But yes, driving a C63 and flexing how luxurious our interior is an overstatement. Get an E or S class for luxury. (The seats on the C63 are amazing though)
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Internet forum text can be easily misrepresented.

You have quite the respectable machine. A truck running 11.7 is just mean as hell. That said, you are also on a MB forum "bragging" about it so of course you will get some MB fans pissed off. The OBI is perfect though. All walks of people cars and life can be found down there. Mostly American muscle and Harleys though.

I’ve had many a car in that parking lot. Just check my sig! But no more **** talk or ill bring MY Mopar down there to spank that truck! Hahah JK.

I look forward to meeting you. Maybe we can try some runs from a roll. Im still breaking her in but I think ill have enough by Sunday. You will take me for sure from a dig and through the 1/4. (Until I start modding ) I just wanna see how I stand up from 60.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 AM

2007 SL550
I actually love the seats on the Jeep but the dash and inside of the doors are cheapy plastic which scratch too easy. I've actually considerd having the doors covered in a matching color felt. The dash on the Jeep is layed out pretty nice the 08 is MUCH nicer than my 07. Now the Cayenne and the new GL550 BLOW away the Jeeps interior but were talking about a price difference of $20-30K for them over the Jeep so it's expected. The Seats on the GL are SICK and the leather dash wrap is very nice although I think the Cayenne's interior leather is a little superior/thicker I've only had the GL for a few days so not fair to compare yet. I think for 35K getting an AWD Jeep with a 6.1L Hemi, touch screen Nav, Blue Tooth, IGiG, Reverse Camera, Rear DVD, Back Up Sensors, Remote Start is not a bad deal but I agree the plastic frustrates me when i see a scratch because there is really nothing you can do about it but pull it off sand it down and repaint it.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by CustomCaddys
coming into this fresh with no direct "beef". but MAN Thericker your comments get OLD.

i respect the 63's for sure, love the exhaust notes and yes plenty of top end.

1 - the video Junior posted was of him walking a car that you say traps 109-111, and he was clearly rolling OUT on it. but wait, the top was down. and oh wait, Juniors car is too modded for you. even though a "tune" ADDED BOOST to your old car.

2 - false claims are where i am NOT. i will say a lot of you clearly walk around like your sh** doesn't stink and it's exactly what i Didn't expect to see. i really thought the rumors were just that.

3 - the only claim i will make is... hey guess what? remember that 1.6 60' ? WE CAN DO THAT ON THE STREET & you can't. thats it! thats all i really wanted to say. fact of the matter is that we(in our Fing STOCK JEEP that we daily drive through some of the worst weather and haul god knows what in) can match or beat you off the line and to a respectable speed because i feel strongly that you cannot launch as well on the street.

those of you that race from a roll, would be considered Ricers by MANY. but you're right in doing it, because you can't launch.

i do think it's hilarious that even though we "didn't ruffle any feathers" you sure had a sh** ton to say about us. how about you keep your noses up on the highway and at streetlights. unless of course you wan't to test that theory.

the only condition i would have with the stock vs stock is atleast cooling mods, for god sake our disgustingly thick & large alum manifold traps heat like no other. hence some people running 13.5s stock and others running 12.80s (both corrected times)

yes, sure, fine your cars wayyy out trap ours. yes you can run nasty 1320 times on DRs and not-so-bad times on street tires. but this is on prepped tracks. the game changes when you're on the street next to a jeep at a red light. you can say "i'd definately blow by at around 90mph" but fact is the jeep has done it's damage and let off with a smile.

the SRT team developed it to be FUN, and they did well. i don't have to hit triple digits to feel like i'm riding a roller-coaster. i'll give you one thing though, you did well picking it apart for what it is.. AWD with gobs of DT loss - check. terrible aero after 100mph - check. lure that jeep onto the highway and show him my top end - check. show off for your girlfriend at a redlight - not checked.

1/4 mile is where its at and your stock Jeep SRT8 is quite inferior. Red light racing is rice you idiot. Take it to the track or STFU.

You speak of 1.6 as if its some god given gift. F 1.6! I know guys in vettes who can pull 1.6 all day with DR's.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-16819.html

Oh look! 1.6 in a C63!

Again with the red light. Trust me dude.. Your girlfriend wants to be in the MB. Not the Jeep. She doesnt care if your car "pulls on us from a dig". She doesnt care, she doesnt wanna care. She DOES care what she looks like getting in and out of what you drive and trust me. She wants to be in a MB when the valet opens her door.

Most woman hate guys who drive trucks. Thats why they make the joke you are making up for a small *****. What do you think they say when a guy buys a truck and thinks its a race car? LOL

But honestly... You think your faster to 60 MPH? HA! A stock Jeep does it in 5.2. The C63 does it in almost a full second faster. Give me a break. Stock for stock the C63 will beat you after 60 and then eat you the rest of the way.

If you wanna talk mods the above link is a good example of the result.

Ok im done feeding the troll.

Last edited by propain; 08-10-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Dude? :)
Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 AM

2007 SL550
1/4 mile is where its at and your stock Jeep SRT8 is quite inferior. Red light racing is rice you idiot. Take it to the track or STFU.

You speak of 1.6 as if its some god given gift. F 1.6! I know guys in vettes who can pull 1.6 all day with DR's.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-16819.html

Oh look! 1.6 in a C63!

Again with the red light. Trust me dude.. Your girlfriend wants to be in the MB. Not the Jeep. She doesnt care if your car "pulls on us from a dig". She doesnt care, she doesnt wanna care. She DOES care what she looks like getting in and out of what you drive and trust me. She wants to be in a MB when the valet opens her door.

Most woman hate guys who drive trucks. Thats why they make the joke you are making up for a small *****. What do you think they say when a guy buys a truck and thinks its a race car? LOL

But honestly... You think your faster to 60 MPH? HA! A stock Jeep does it in 5.2. The C63 does it in almost a full second faster. Give me a break. Stock for stock the C63 will beat you after 60 and then eat you the rest of the way.

If you wanna talk mods the above link is a good example of the result.

Ok im done feeding the troll.

Whoa dude all of the above is just hateful man come on not all girls want to be in a MB come to Texas they are a bit different here-LOL

The Jeep stock does 0-60 in 4.5-4.3 depending on where the test is done not sure where you got the 5.2 from Anyway who said the Jeep is not built for the track, add some solar panels to the top and now were hybrid like a **** and Obama compliant

Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Whoa dude all of the above is just hateful man come on not all girls want to be in a MB come to Texas they are a bit different here-LOL

The Jeep stock does 0-60 in 4.5-4.3 depending on where the test is done not sure where you got the 5.2 from Anyway who said the Jeep is not built for the track, add some solar panels to the top and now were hybrid like a **** and Obama compliant

Not hateful. Just giving the troll exactly what he was looking for. A flame response. Don’t take it personally, its all in fun.

Your right though. 4.5-4.7 on the 0-60. I think Motortrend has it at 5.2 for some reason. Maybe I misread.

Either way, that 0-60 is is still slower than what the MB is doing. Stock for Stock I stand by my opinion. The C63 will still own the SRT8 up to 80 MPH and definitely beyond. The Jeep will take the C63 off the line by a full length and then the C63 reels him in and by 3rd gear is ahead.

Mod for Mod the C63 will also win.

Honestly though, this is a stupid argument. How many C63 guys troll the Jeep forums? I think it’s the SRT8 guys who have something to prove, that’s where their here.

Like I said before, I never expected to be flame warring with a Jeep owners when I got here. I thought for sure it would be the M3 and M5 guys.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:49 AM

2007 SL550
Not hateful. Just giving the troll exactly what he was looking for. A flame response. Don’t take it personally, its all in fun.

Your right though. 4.5-4.7 on the 0-60. I think Motortrend has it at 5.2 for some reason. Maybe I misread.

Either way, that 0-60 is is still slower than what the MB is doing. Stock for Stock I stand by my opinion. The C63 will still own the SRT8 up to 80 MPH and definitely beyond. The Jeep will take the C63 off the line by a full length and then the C63 reels him in and by 3rd gear is ahead.

Mod for Mod the C63 will also win.

Honestly though, this is a stupid argument. How many C63 guys troll the Jeep forums? I think it’s the SRT8 guys who have something to prove, that’s where their here.

Like I said before, I never expected to be flame warring with a Jeep owners when I got here. I thought for sure it would be the M3 and M5 guys.

Hey I'm not trolling I own 2 other MB, SL 550 and a new GL550 AMG
Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

I didn’t say you were. Guilty conscience?

The Caddy guy was for sure though...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
No, you are not trolling here, but we're fairly sure a couple other SRT-8 guys are. Like propain said, how many MB guys are trolling SRT-8 forums, challenging ppl to street racing, and instigating arguments? I doubt many if any. I know when I drove an Infiniti, I stayed on the Infiniti Forums; when I drove a BMW, I stayed on E90Post (BMW) Forum, and now I drive the MB C63 AMG, so I'll most likely stay here on MBWorld Forum (although it's still difficult to leave E90Post...for now anyway. ) Although some "less mature" guys do it all the time, I just don't see the point of going through the trouble and stress of pissing ppl off on another car enthusiast forum.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Here are my timeslips from last night!!
SLIPS ARE HERE

LOL, what a joke....you are busting ***** and bragging about an 11.7. I'll race any SRT8 Cherokee you guys can throw at my MB. WHT are a bunch of SRT8 guys over here? Did one of you get mopped up by an AMG recently? I'm in the Chicago area, tell any of your SRT8 hommies in the area I'm game for money races in my lowly and slow AMG.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did you say 200? I think you meant 100. Everyone here understand that I respect your C63's, I really want to run one thats all. I want to run everything and not form a dead stop. I will race from any speed you like!!
I will be at the OBI in Li ny tomorrow, my Jeep has a little 440 over the rear srt8 tag. Call your ny c63's to represent!! It will be fun!!
How badly do you want to race a C-Class? Care to meet me half way between where you live and Chicago? How much $$$ do you want to race for? Name your price loser......11.7 LOL Soooooooo quick......I can turn off my ignition at the 1000ft mark and run quicker than an 11.7.

Last edited by jrcart; 08-10-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by jrcart
How badly do you want to race a C-Class? Care to meet me half way between where you live and Chicago? How much $$$ do you want to race for? Name your price loser......11.7 LOL Soooooooo quick......I can turn off my ignition at the 1000ft mark and run quicker than an 11.7.

Ill take THAT bet. You can run my Charger. I always wanted a CLK

Go easy on Junior. Its his first project car and its fast for a truck and quite the beast I hear. Im checking it out and hopefully give it a run with my stock C63 this weekend. Im getting the K2 at 5K miles and ill hopfully be beating him after that.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ill take THAT bet. You can run my Charger. I always wanted a CLK

Go easy on Junior. Its his first project car and its fast for a truck and quite the beast I hear. Im checking it out and hopefully give it a run with my stock C63 this weekend. Im getting the K2 at 5K miles and ill hopfully be beating him after that.
Where do you want to do it and when? How much $ have you got to lose? I'm good for any amount you can scrounge up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars You Won't Race, And Cars You Will