Cars You Won't Race, And Cars You Will

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jrcart
Where do you want to do it and when? How much $ have you got to lose? I'm good for any amount you can scrounge up.
Easy there killer. I was kidding. You must have some CLK to be throwing out bets without knowing anything. I assume you can get into the 9's with your CLK cutting off the ignition at 1K. How about a little disclosure...

Your also boarder line coming off like a douche with your "I'm good for any amount you can scrounge up" I hope your just kidding around...
Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL550
Originally Posted by propain
Easy there killer. I was kidding. You must have some CLK to be throwing out bets without knowing anything. I assume you can get into the 9's with your CLK cutting off the ignition at 1K. How about a little disclosure...

Your also boarder line coming off like a douche with your "I'm good for any amount you can scrounge up" I hope your just kidding around...

Careful from some of the posts on here he must be their golden child with lots of toys in his toy box you might get flamed for getting cross with the chosen one
Old 08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sflgator
No, you are not trolling here, but we're fairly sure a couple other SRT-8 guys are. Like propain said, how many MB guys are trolling SRT-8 forums, challenging ppl to street racing, and instigating arguments? I doubt many if any. I know when I drove an Infiniti, I stayed on the Infiniti Forums; when I drove a BMW, I stayed on E90Post (BMW) Forum, and now I drive the MB C63 AMG, so I'll most likely stay here on MBWorld Forum (although it's still difficult to leave E90Post...for now anyway. ) Although some "less mature" guys do it all the time, I just don't see the point of going through the trouble and stress of pissing ppl off on another car enthusiast forum.
Agreed.

Last edited by Sincity; 08-10-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by 1QWKJEEP
Careful from some of the posts on here he must be their golden child with lots of toys in his toy box you might get flamed for getting cross with the chosen one
He must be running low 9's to throw down a bet like that cutting off at 1K feet.

Im sure he is low 11's before he hits the 200 shot of NOS. Low 10 with it.

Im still hoping he is kidding.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 PM

2007 SL550
He must be running low 9's to throw down a bet like that cutting off at 1K feet.

Im sure he is low 11's before he hits the 200 shot of NOS. Low 10 with it.

Im still hoping he is kidding.

Ask thericker what he thinks about him-LOL he goes off on him pretty good

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post3571762
Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Getting back to the OP of cars to race/not race (However, I did own a Jeep Grand Cherokee many years ago - loved the big V8 AND my GF did not leave me. In fact she married me and we have three kids

So, I have put about 3000 miles on my C63 with about 300 miles on a Kleeman K1 tune. Some background: Living in San Diego is frustrating, while C63's are fairly rare there are a TON of high performance cars (Where I live about 1 in every 20 cars is >= to my C63). However, no one wants to play.

I am the first to admit that I may be on the phone, with passengers, or chilling out when driving. But how can you drive a car like this and not love to floor it every now and then? Is it a sin?

So today that all changed for an excting couple of minutes - Finally. On my way to work there is about a mile of two lane road and no traffic (7am). Up ahead is the familiar round tail lights of a GT-R sitting at a traffic light. As I am admiring the car I see this Camaro SS coming in fast behind me (as I researched later it has a 6.2L engine with 426hp pulling 3,849 pounds of curb weight).

Light goes green and I wait for the GT-R to roll - it is all very peacefull 50% throttle or so and I am quickly several car lengths ahead thinking it will be like every other morning commute - boring. Then the Camaro floors it from behind to get in front of the GT-R and the lane next to me - no doubt he was looking for the drop on both of us. Two open lanes for about a mile and the Camaro is in full flight. Before I know it my right foot is firmly on the ground and my C63 comes to life. I had no I dea what the GT-R would do (the Camaro just blew by him right?) and was focused on the Camaro.

Well the Camaro SS was a fast car for sure but I think we all know the result. The GT-R also passed the Camaro and probably would have taken me if there was enough road. There were a few cars ahead stopped at a red lightand we all coast in with me ending up beside the Camaro and the GT-R a car length ahead of it.

I roll down the window and complement his car. The guy is dressed up for work about the same age as me (42) and has a whopping huge grin (as do I). I ask how many HP his car has - he says about 400 and that he knows mine had more. He then pointed to the GT-R and said "now that’s a fast car" to which I replied "fastest of the three".

I never got to compare with the GT-R. It is the faster car right?

Anyway, feels good to have finally found a safe and fun race. The Camaro driver was friendly and just in it for fun.

For the record, I have had my fair share of cars fly by, weaving in and out of traffic. I have no desire what so ever to engage. Now a mile of open road with a Camero SS and GT-R at 7am was another story
Old 08-10-2009, 12:57 PM

SRT JEEP
Propain, of course we have something to prove.. we're talking about a cheaper "grand cherokee" vs a powerful luxury car. and no we're not here "trolling", we are here because you brought us up.

and when i said ON THE STREET like a million times, why are you still trying to show me dragtimes? LOL. yes i get it, prepped track = good for you.

oh ok now we're back to "mod for mod". i thought we were comparing stock for stock?
and HOW is redlight racing rice? what do guys with oldschool muscle do on the weekend, hence the term weekend warrior? but wait i'm on the MB forum, you guys probably hate on that too cause it doesn't cost enough.

btw, do you REALIZE how many girls know NOTHING about cars? i can think of 10 right now that have no clue where MB is made or how much your car is.
and while we tote our four children to school.. your single a$$, with your big luxurious monster want to bring up the old "making up for a small *****"!?!??? LMAO

and why is it one post you say you'll eat us off the line, and like two posts later you say the jeep will get you off the line?
alright alright, i didn't come here to argue.. i just wanted to point out, that you'll be DAMN surprised at a red light. and when you can't run your advertised 0-60, i just want you to remember how heavy it is, how much cheaper it is, how much better offroad it is, how much more it can haul, the fact that it has touch screen navi, backup cam, DVD with a cute little remote control, heated seats, 20" rims, some of the worst drivetrain loss ever produced and probably more cargo flopping around in the back than you could haul in 5 trips. good day.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM

2007 SL550
Correct me if I am wrong jrcart didnt you run some SRT8 Jeeps and other SRT's at Fomoso back in January would you like to tell the boys the results?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We_li...eature=channel

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Correct me if I am wrong jrcart didnt you run some SRT8 Jeeps and other SRT's at Fomoso back in January would you like to tell the boys the results?

Yep that was me....I had the 2nd quickest car on the track that day behind a Porsche that was running 10's. That was the same day I posted several 11.00's hot while lapping in 87 degree temps and a 1900 DA. I will run ANY SRT8 Cherokee for ANY amount of money.....PERIOD! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT JACKASS, DON"T POST UP A VIDEO OF ME WHEN I WAS JUST DEBUGGING SOME NEW MODS. WHY DON"T YOU ASK THOSE SRT8 BOYS THE RESULTS!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"borline coming off as a douche"...I am a douch, I'll be the first one to admit it, I'm probably the second biggest douche on this site next to you....and ya I said SCROUNGE UP....nice list of beaters loser, I would not be bragging about that list of scrap metal in your sig line
Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
"borline coming off as a douche"...I am a douch, I'll be the first one to admit it, I'm probably the second biggest douche on this site next to you....and ya I said SCROUNGE UP....nice list of beaters loser, I would not be bragging about that list of scrap metal in your sig line
Jim, you might be an A-1 Douchebag (so am I) but your car is not a joke even when you're racing on grass. If I were any of the SRT-8 guys I'd quit getting lippy real fast, this is a guaranteed way for them to lose their mortgage payment.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by CustomCaddys
Propain, of course we have something to prove.. we're talking about a cheaper "grand cherokee" vs a powerful luxury car. and no we're not here "trolling", we are here because you brought us up.

and when i said ON THE STREET like a million times, why are you still trying to show me dragtimes? LOL. yes i get it, prepped track = good for you.

oh ok now we're back to "mod for mod". i thought we were comparing stock for stock?
and HOW is redlight racing rice? what do guys with oldschool muscle do on the weekend, hence the term weekend warrior? but wait i'm on the MB forum, you guys probably hate on that too cause it doesn't cost enough.

btw, do you REALIZE how many girls know NOTHING about cars? i can think of 10 right now that have no clue where MB is made or how much your car is.
and while we tote our four children to school.. your single a$$, with your big luxurious monster want to bring up the old "making up for a small *****"!?!??? LMAO

and why is it one post you say you'll eat us off the line, and like two posts later you say the jeep will get you off the line?
alright alright, i didn't come here to argue.. i just wanted to point out, that you'll be DAMN surprised at a red light. and when you can't run your advertised 0-60, i just want you to remember how heavy it is, how much cheaper it is, how much better offroad it is, how much more it can haul, the fact that it has touch screen navi, backup cam, DVD with a cute little remote control, heated seats, 20" rims, some of the worst drivetrain loss ever produced and probably more cargo flopping around in the back than you could haul in 5 trips. good day.
WOW... you are an idiot. You think pulling off the line and the race is over? You sir are a twit. Please just walk away now and take your little ***** with you.

True, most girls know nothing about cars. They also know nothing about fabric yet they want that LV purse don’t they? Guess what, girls know that MB means money and Jeep means cheap. Hey I like that...

Ok, no mods.... in a short 1/4 mile race on the street the MB C63 wins. Unless you define a race 300ft then yes, the SRT8 wins. Thanks for stopping by.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Who else wants some popcorn?
Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
No, you take the metal on being the biggest douche ive met so far and im only here 9 days.

Just because daddy bought you a MB doesnt make you rich little man.

all this and you run 11's!!! LOL! The "Beaters" on my list could beat 11's all day. Come back when you get into the 9's rich boy. Your daddy bought you a CLK63. Its a TINY bit faster than the C63 for 60K more money! Thats the best joke ive heard all day! Ill dump that 60K into my C63 and be running 7's

LOL! All that **** talk and he runs 11's...
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

Cant watch the vid at work. Please describe....
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM

2007 SL550
Yep that was me....I had the 2nd quickest car on the track that day behind a Porsche that was running 10's. That was the same day I posted several 11.00's hot while lapping in 87 degree temps and a 1900 DA. I will run ANY SRT8 Cherokee for ANY amount of money.....PERIOD! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT JACKASS, DON"T POST UP A VIDEO OF ME WHEN I WAS JUST DEBUGGING SOME NEW MODS. WHY DON"T YOU ASK THOSE SRT8 BOYS THE RESULTS!

Dude why so hostile I never said anything negative to you so unwind your little panties and get over yousefl, btw that black challenger that was there is in the 9's so I guess he will be your huckleberry. Oh one more thing technically you lost that race nice redlight
Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM

2007 SL550
Cant watch the vid at work. Please describe....
Mr. Grouch redlighted against a Jeep on spray (I'm assuming he was on spray as well) he ran a 10.9 Jeep ran a 11.1 on street tires. I wouldnt exactly call that a kill sure the Jeep outweighs him by ALOT
Old 08-10-2009, 02:15 PM

SRT JEEP
one thing clear, i sure as sh*t never said the race is over. i actually prefer top end, BUT if people see us at a red light, ALL they're going to be talking about is how the jeep launched. & all this talk about penises out of you might get peple wondering. i didn't come on here for a pissing match you woman. i just came to back up some friends. for what we paid, we sure do impress. thats all.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Mr. Grouch redlighted against a Jeep on spray (I'm assuming he was on spray as well) he ran a 10.9 Jeep ran a 11.1 on street tires. I wouldnt exactly call that a kill sure the Jeep outweighs him by ALOT
Oh im sure he is spraying. Thats what gives him the artificial sense he has something between his legs.

Pffftt... 10.9 Hope he is posting better times than that with all that **** talk he is doing.
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, you take the metal on being the biggest douche ive met so far and im only here 9 days.

all this and you run 11's!!! LOL! The "Beaters" on my list could beat 11's all day. Come back when you get into the 9's rich boy. Your daddy bought you a CLK63. Its a TINY bit faster than the C63 for 60K more money! Thats the best joke ive heard all day! Ill dump that 60K into my C63 and be running 7's

First you come out with the "daddies money" (NOT)...real original and so far from reality then you show your ignorance by saying you can make a C go 7's. Why don't you get going on the $60k in mods and build that 7 second C63....I'm dying to see this. I'll then pay you back the $60k and give you another $60k if you can build even a 9.0 second (1/4 mile) C63 for $60k. Must have The only requirment to my offer is the car must maintain the stock engine block, you can bore it to the sky but you must start with the stocker. Have someone draft up the contract and I will sign it on the very same day. It's obvious you don't know squat about cars!

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Jim, you might be an A-1 Douchebag (so am I) but your car is not a joke even when you're racing on grass. If I were any of the SRT-8 guys I'd quit getting lippy real fast, this is a guaranteed way for them to lose their mortgage payment.

Dont underestimate them, well do then when you get surprised I want to see this You have to know he did not expect that jeep to run 11.1 to his 10.9. As stated before that black challenger that was there is running good high 9 low 10's I guess thats slow huh This is famoso from last weekend

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...ger_700271.htm

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Thumbs down

Typical C63 owner applying his own situation to others. Jim owns a trucking company, he's self made.

As an aside, there's no way a friggin C-class compares in any way, shape or form to a CLK Black Series. None. C-Class.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by CustomCaddys
one thing clear, i sure as sh*t never said the race is over. i actually prefer top end, BUT if people see us at a red light, ALL they're going to be talking about is how the jeep launched. & all this talk about penises out of you might get peple wondering. i didn't come on here for a pissing match you woman. i just came to back up some friends. for what we paid, we sure do impress. thats all.
LOL... Thats ok. I couldnt care less.

As long as your happy when you look back at the ride you just got out of more power to ya.

I didnt come here for a pissing match...... "You woman" lol that seems like you did... but ill give ya that one and let it go..
Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LIE!!!!! No SRT8 ran a 10.9 that day, the only car to break into the 10's was a silver Porsche, I was running 11.0's that day and had the second quickest passes of the day. That was an MB World event and there were at least 30 guys that frequent this forum that can back up those facts. you guys need to go back to the Junker Forums or wherever it is you came from until you get your facts straight.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Edited.

Last edited by propain; 08-10-2009 at 02:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars You Won't Race, And Cars You Will