Sponsored by:

Cars You Won't Race, And Cars You Will

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
What were you driving? Your sig doesn't list your car.
I drive a C63.

Also, lets not hate on the Jeep give props where its due that's one crazy SUV. I agree it's shape would make 100+ MPH speeds an issue but for what it can do from a dig its pretty impressive given that its an SUV after all.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 1QWKJEEP
Yeah at 14 seconds into the vid which would put mine at about 120mph so whats you point it took a bigger engine same weight SUV 14 seconds to catch and pass the SRT Jeep WOW thats amazing
I think he was also pointing out the differences between the two motors since it was SUV vs SUV.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by arctichaze
I drive a C63.

I wonder if the tuned Evo would have still pulled if you had a tune?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 K1
I've got an 07 SRT8 Jeep that will give you a good run it's fast enough to beat an SL 65 AMG last night. That reminds me I need to update the 1/4 time in my sig. Like others said you never know what kind of mods the ones on your list may have who knows you might end up on their list of cars that are not worth their time racing, enjoy the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJbaQgR9hQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DTR...e=channel_page
If your Jeep is running sub 12 sec 1/4 miles then you might stand a chance against the SL65. Not taking away from your ride. I am sure it is extremely fast and fun to drive.

SL65 is running 11.9 second 1/4 miles.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t/specs_page_2

Last edited by yaymitch; 08-02-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:09 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
I wonder if the tuned Evo would have still pulled if you had a tune?
LOL i doubt if I could catch it I was so far behind at 100MPH it was actually depressing... I posted in the local evo forum to see who it was and it seems like that guy had a 2.3 Stroked fully built 35R Turbo upgrade which generates 500WHP on a very light AWD car.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by arctichaze
2.3 Stroked fully built 35R Turbo upgrade which generates 500WHP on a very light AWD car.
Sounds like game over.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 AM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by Jeffield
LOL the way the make the suv is a different way, how their power displacement is way different

if you want to compare directly you have to compare same to same

why dont you go compare your SRT 8 to a Dragster

I'm not the one making the comparrisons here
Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 AM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by yaymitch
If your Jeep is running sub 12 sec 1/4 miles then you might stand a chance against the SL65. Not taking away from your ride. I am sure it is extremely fast and fun to drive.

SL65 is running 11.9 second 1/4 miles.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t/specs_page_2
The SL65 I ran and beat was from a dig to about 80mph by that point I was well ahead and let off I really had no idea of what they had under the hood and have much respect for them after reading up on them especially the new black series. As you can see in the vid I posted that particular SL65 was running 12.6's so it also depends on track location and DA so saying they run 11.9's isnt true of all of them. What got me going was the easy dismisall of the SRT8 Jeep like its beneath his MB, honestly do you guys realize that this Jeep shares some of the MB parts heck I even have AMG solenoids in my Stage 2 valve body made the Jeep shift much much better. Sorry for the rant but dang give the Jeep some respect with simple tuning and bolt -ons they can run low 12's high 11's, there are many with 426 and 440 Arringtom Hemis out there now, twin turbo jeeps running mid 10's with full trim and some with just a Vortech running mid 11's. Now if he had said they were not worth his time running doing a 60 roll trust me I would totally understand now on the flip side I guess some SRT8 Jeep owners could make a list of cars not worth racing from a dig and put the SL 65 on it or the majority of MB so they each have their advantages and both are amazing vehicles.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:22 AM

Any thoughts/concerns/interest on running with the CTS-V2???

Originally Posted by jikjak
id race anything, who cares if u win or lose, its all about having fun and seeing how different cars measure up to each other.
Agree.

Originally Posted by dlav06
Needless to say, they haven't been much of a match so far. I don't really even pay them much attention anymore. I even had a new Nissan Maxima trying to bait me into a run. I didn't feel like hurting his feelings though
Lucky you...I'll take anything right now...I can't find anyone to make a run with me...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I've got an 07 SRT8 Jeep that will give you a good run it's fast enough to beat an SL 65 AMG last night. That reminds me I need to update the 1/4 time in my sig. Like others said you never know what kind of mods the ones on your list may have who knows you might end up on their list of cars that are not worth their time racing, enjoy the vid

Hmmmm.... I dont see how you could have beaten the SL65. He went easy on you I think.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 AM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by propain
Hmmmm.... I dont see how you could have beaten the SL65. He went easy on you I think.

You know that is exactly right he obviously was and the guy in the vid who only beat a tuned only jeep by what less than 2 tenths went to the track not drive his AMG all out your insight and ability to know exactly what that guy was doing at the time of our little street ract and probably your insight at this guy at the track is purely astounding

REALLY some of the AMG owners are pretty cool but good gosh some of the comments make you all look like arrogant bafoons that wear blinders.

Ok guys I guess the only way to make you happy is to to the AMG and say any of us without one are inferior what was I thinking I'm not worthy to even post here with my sad SL550, well guess the only thing to do is upgrade then Guess I could sell the SL and Cayenne and get in line for the black series 65 AMG what do you think (seriously).

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
You know that is exactly right he obviously was and the guy in the vid who only beat a tuned only jeep by what less than 2 tenths went to the track not drive his AMG all out your insight and ability to know exactly what that guy was doing at the time of our little street ract and probably your insight at this guy at the track is purely astounding

Ok guys I guess the only way to make you happy is to to the AMG and say any of us without one are inferior what was I thinking I'm not worthy to even post here with my sad SL550, well guess the only thing to do is upgrade then Guess I could sell the SL and Cayenne and get in line for the black series 65 AMG what do you think (seriously).
Ummm.. Your jeep is putting up 12.5 in the 1/4. I dont see how you think that is faster than the SL65. Your also modded. When you start talking mods there will always be a faster car. Im sure I can get a Dodge Neon to smoke your truck if modded enough.

Is the Jeep inferior to the C63? Absolutely. Is it faster stock? Nope. Would I rather have a C63? Yup. Put a modded C63 against a modded Jeep and the C63 wins. I really don’t see why you are arguing on a C63 forum over it. Go brag on the SRT8 forums where all the other SRT8 guys think they have a faster car based on 1 YouTube video.

I also don’t see why you would post on the C63 forum with an SL550. But its all good as long as its civil I guess.

Again, the SL65 is faster than 12.5. Maybe you can pull on it due to your AWD up to 60-70 MPH but after that your toast. The C63 stock will be 12.5 on a good run.

Now all that aside... The SRT8 is a great bang for the buck truck. IMO its ugly but at 40K its a good deal and its very fast for the money.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:09 AM

I owned 2x jeep srt8's. When i was driving local/non-highway the thing was just unstoppable at stop lights. It murdered everything. BUUUT when i started doing a long commute doing more highway it sucked @ss. I swear that it wasn't much faster than like a toyota sequoia at 80mph. With a tune it fared much better but that def wasn't a strong point. Thats why away the jeep went and I got the V2. Much better on the highways
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Luna.
Any thoughts/concerns/interest on running with the CTS-V2???

Agree.

Lucky you...I'll take anything right now...I can't find anyone to make a run with me...
From what I hear the 09 CTSV beats the C63. Not by much but in all aspects. 0-60, 1/4 mile and track times. Its really a hell of a car. The C63's exaust note is MUCH better and the caddy is supercharged so it has a lot of whine.

I look at the CTSV. I decided id rather own a MB than a GM. GM isnt doing so hot these days and I think it will hurt resale value big time. It did on my 04.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 PM

2007 SL550
Ummm.. Your jeep is putting up 12.5 in the 1/4. I dont see how you think that is faster than the SL65 As stated before that is an old time. Your also modded I guess so tune/valve body/intake is modding so your right. When you start talking mods there will always be a faster car. Im sure I can get a Dodge Neon to smoke your truck if modded enough. It's an SUV not a truck and your right mods do play a role hence why I beat the 65 from a dig unfortunately for the driver we had to stop before he could pull me in and pass which I have no doubt he would have and left me in way in the back of his rearview mirror

Is the Jeep inferior to the C63? Absolutely Inferiority is in the eye of the beholder. Is it faster stock Again all depends on the situation and race at hand? Nope. Would I rather have a C63? Yup Obviously your on a C63 forum. Put a modded C63 against a modded Jeep and the C63 wins Umm that can go either way depends on mods of each so your statement is not so biased. I really don’t see why you are arguing on a C63 forum over it. Again not arguing you guys are the one getting all upset Go brag on the SRT8 forums where all the other SRT8 guys think they have a faster car based on 1 YouTube video LOL.

I also don’t see why you would post on the C63 forum with an SL550. But its all good as long as its civil I guess.

Again, the SL65 is faster than 12.5 Video I posted shows differently it ran a 12.68, how often do you race or have been to the track? Do you even work on your C63 or understand how weather and DA affects performance, of course boosted applications fair better in bad DA so why was he only running 12.6 then? Driver Mod? IDK. Maybe No maybe I can and so can others as apparent in the vid you can pull on it due to your AWD up to 60-70 MPH but after that your toast. The C63 stock will be 12.5 on a good run. Never questioned the ability of the C63 or the SL 65 AMG but I did check out dragtime and there were stock C63 1/4 times OVER 12.5 so again your statement is a little off and not so factual.

Now all that aside... The SRT8 is a great bang for the buck truck. IMO its ugly but at 40K its a good deal and its very fast for the money.
Just let it die to each his own some people on here get it and some dont
I really like the C63 IMO its the best bang for the buck in a nice luxury but sporty MB with power to boot.

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-03-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Just let it die to each his own some people on here get it and some dont
Whoa there, son...just relax; I think you're getting a bit crazy, arguing (about your Jeep GC SRT-8 vs. a MB SL65) with a few MB C63 drivers on a MB C63 Forum!

Question...what did your MHP tuned Jeep GC SRT-8 trap when you ran 12.58 sec. in the 1/4mi.?

Last edited by sflgator; 08-03-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204

REALLY some of the AMG owners are pretty cool but good gosh some of the comments make you all look like arrogant bafoons that wear blinders.

because 200 grand is all you need for a Black
Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM

2007 SL550
Originally Posted by sflgator
Whoa there, son...just relax; I think you're getting a bit crazy, arguing (about your Jeep GC SRT-8 vs. a MB SL65) with a few MB C63 drivers on a MB C63 Forum!

Question...what did your MHP tuned Jeep GC SRT-8 trap when you ran 12.58 sec. in the 1/4mi.?

Hey its just rebutale son not being crazy

Anyway I trapped 105.68 due to our weight our trap speeds are typically in that area for those time here is the vid, it was against a 408 CI TBSS listen to the guy talking to the person taking the vid funny stuff the jeep totally shocked him when I launch

http://i96.photobucket.com/flash/pla...n/srt8jeep.flv

Same pass but from inside the jeep

Last edited by 1QWKJEEP; 08-03-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:00 PM

From what I hear the 09 CTSV beats the C63. Not by much but in all aspects. 0-60, 1/4 mile and track times. Its really a hell of a car. The C63's exaust note is MUCH better and the caddy is supercharged so it has a lot of whine.

I look at the CTSV. I decided id rather own a MB than a GM. GM isnt doing so hot these days and I think it will hurt resale value big time. It did on my 04.
I honestly haven't heard a C63s exhaust note, but I would probably agree with you that the exhaust note is better---the '09 CTS-Vs note isn't anything to write home about (although, it's okay for a factory exhaust).

One minor correction though--the '09 CTS-V supercharger whine is practically non-existent in stock form. It is very much UNLIKE a Magnacharger on a V1--it's pretty quiet.

I would also say that I'm not quite as concerned about GMs recent issues and resale value--I think other things are hurting resale value for GM cars, especially the V1s, far more than their current economic situation is.

But I'm a HUGE fan of AMGs (), so I can understand wanting a C63 over a CTS-V. But a CTS-V 2 is one of the better bangs-for-your-buck out there.

And like your brothers in the E55 world know well, it's VERY easy to get crazy power out of a motor that comes from the factory already supercharged. Don't be surprised to see many more 600+ rwhp/600+ rwtq CTS-V running around, for it isn't really that hard to get there.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG

Anyway I trapped 105.68 due to our weight our trap speeds are typically in that area for those time here is the vid, it was against a 408 CI TBSS listen to the guy talking to the person taking the vid funny stuff the jeep totally shocked him when I launch

If you're trapping @ 105.68, it means your HP isn't that high...since your Jeep GC SRT-8 (tuned or not) is AWD, it means your AWHP is fairly low. As you MAY or MAY NOT know, your trap speed is a good indiction of HP (power) and your ET and 60ft. (your so beloved 12.58 sec. and 1.79 sec. 60ft. in the 1/4mi. ET) are good indications of how good you launch.

So, basically, your MHP tuned AWD Jeep GC SRT-8 can really get great launches (which we already know since it's AWD and has high TQ) but like we've already said, your car is a complete "flying brick" in the upper speeds and has crappy power at the end of of the 1/4mi. and beyond. A C63 AMG and SL65 should (and I mean SHOULD, not necessarily ALWAYS) WALK you every time as these MB's typically trap 114+mph in the 1/4 mi. If you're just OK at math, you'll know that 114+ >>>>>>>>>>> 105.

The ONLY reason you can run 12.58 sec. in the 1/4 mi. is because you can launch your car with a 1.79 sec. 60ft!!! The best 60ft. I ever got in my tuned BMW 335i was 1.94 sec., and I still ran 12.8 sec. @ 111mph!!!! On the hwy., my higher HP and much lighter 335i would destroy Jeep GC SRT-8's (btw - stock 335i's trap 104-105mph)!!!

Enjoy your flying brick, SON! j/k...enjoy your truck for what it is.

Last edited by sflgator; 08-03-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sflgator
If you're trapping @ 105.68, it means your HP isn't that high...since your Jeep GC SRT-8 (tuned or not) is AWD, it means your AWHP is fairly low. As you MAY or MAY NOT know, your trap speed is a good indiction of HP (power) and your ET and 60ft. (your so beloved 12.58 sec. and 1.79 sec. 60ft. in the 1/4mi. ET) are good indications of how good you launch.

So, basically, your MHP tuned AWD Jeep GC SRT-8 can really get great launches (which we already know since it's AWD and has high TQ) but like we've already said, your car is a complete "flying brick" in the upper speeds and has crappy power at the end of of the 1/4mi. and beyond. A C63 AMG and SL65 should (and I mean SHOULD, not necessarily ALWAYS) WALK you every time as these MB's typically trap 114+mph in the 1/4 mi. If you're just OK at math, you'll know that 114+ >>>>>>>>>>> 105.

The ONLY reason you can run 12.58 sec. in the 1/4 mi. is because you can launch your car with a 1.79 sec. 60ft!!! The best 60ft. I ever got in my tuned BMW 335i was 1.94 sec., and I still ran 12.8 sec. @ 111mph!!!! On the hwy., my higher HP 335i would destroy Jeep GC SRT-8's!!!

Enjoy your flying brick, SON!
Your comment is a bit harsh but i would have to agree with you. SRT8 will only hold up to most fast cars until quater mile mark and then it will seem like its not moving at all. Drivetrain loss + bad aero dynamic = super super bad top end.

Even though that the SRT8 did a 12.6quatermile but if you keep going even a stock 335 with quatermile time of 13.2 or so will probably walk the SRT8
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 PM

Jeep srt8
I would take the Jeep off the first list and add it to the second!! Here is mine!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcRkm7danA
Old 08-03-2009, 09:03 PM

Jeep srt8
Originally Posted by junior666
I would take the Jeep off the first list and add it to the second!! Here is mine!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qcRkm7danA
Here is me at the track on street tires!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm2xyHU2RFI
Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by junior666
Here is me at the track on street tires!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm2xyHU2RFI
Great launch, great ET, but cruddy trap speed (for that ET). Like I said before, the AWD Jeep GC SRT-8 can get great launches (we ALL know that), but at the end of the 1/4mi. and beyond, your truck slows way down. What was your 60ft. on that incredible 11.8sec ET run...1.6 sec, 1.7sec.? But, you're only trapping 114mph when running 11.8 sec. ET?

My buddy in his brand new, stock GT-R just ran 11.7 sec. @ 120.3mph (in 86 degree F / high humidity S. FL weather)!!!! Now, that's an indication of both a great launch AND huge HP in the top end.

btw -- I'm assuming your GC SRT-8 is not exactly stock ...what mods do you have to run 11.8 sec. @ 114mph when the other guy (1QWKJEEP) runs 12.58 sec. @ 105mph?

Last edited by sflgator; 08-03-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
WoW you are really misinformed, SL65's don't average mid 12's

You most likely ran a re-badged horribly driven SL55, an SL65 w/Drag Rads from this forum Engine bone stock, have run 11.50's @ 123-124mph do the math Hell even the heavy assed S65 w/Drag rads runs 11's @ 122

Their 60' times have been as low as 1.6x in stock form w/Drag Rad's will leave your Jeep looking like you're stuck in the mud

So 1st you say you beat the re-badged SL65? Then post here's video of your friends SRT8 Jeep doing it?

Here is a vid from this past weekend of my buddies tune and intake only jeep (5120lbs) running an SL 65 AMG at Ennis, now if the OP says the SRT8 Jeeps are not worth his time he must be racing them past 100 any street race situation the jeep could of shut down and been 2 to 3 cars ahead and poked fun of the MB on the forums. In this vid jeep ran 12.86 to the SL 12.68 I consider it a good race dont you guys. Now understand I'm not on here to start trouble I just didn't like the way the OP came off saying the Jeep was a waste of his time, now unless his MB runs sub 4 second 0-60 and launches well I simply dont understand why he would dismiss them as a wast of time.

Last edited by Thericker; 08-03-2009 at 09:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars You Won't Race, And Cars You Will