Sponsored by:

Is it true or bull****?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Is it true or bull****?

when i pickup my first C63, i found it wont go in straight line, the car will lean to the left as it goes, i thought the car need to redo the wheel alignment.

i ring up the dealer/service department, they told me it is a safty feather from AMG, as we drive at the left hand side here in Australia, this feather is here to prevent that the driver will accidently drive the car to the right hand side (which is the wrong way of the road)...but they can fix it as well...

is it true? or were they just try to deny that it is actually their fault not checking the car properly before they deliver the car?

Is it same with you guys in the states that the car will not run in straight line but lean to the right?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by patboyy
when i pickup my first C63, i found it wont go in straight line, the car will lean to the left as it goes, i thought the car need to redo the wheel alignment.

i ring up the dealer/service department, they told me it is a safty feather from AMG, as we drive at the left hand side here in Australia, this feather is here to prevent that the driver will accidently drive the car to the right hand side (which is the wrong way of the road)...but they can fix it as well...

is it true? or were they just try to deny that it is actually their fault not checking the car properly before they deliver the car?

Is it same with you guys in the states that the car will not run in straight line but lean to the right?
sounds like complete BS to me. also, that pull will eat your tires and reduce your MPG.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Do you guys have a crown on the road? It might be causing it.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
for the dealer!! take it in as stated by other poster that it will dissintigrate your pricey tires.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 AM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
I thought I had heard it all
Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
We drive on the right side and it is normal for the steering to go slightly to the right if you let go of the wheel and drive down a bit. The roads are crowned for water drainage.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)

If it was due to the natural angle of the road for drainage, how is the dealer going to fix this

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
They don't. As long as your alignment is in spec, there is nothing you can do.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:44 AM

C63 AMG
It is denfintly not caused by the crown of the road, i m gonna fix this up anyway...
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63

fark me, im not the only **** to notice it pulls to the left. Im from aus too and i have the same issue, i'l see what my dealer says on the 10k service.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 AM

Porsche 997.1 TT; BMW X5 35SD; BMW 2002tii; BMW 3.0 CS; BMW M635CSi; BMW 2002 Turbo
I'm in Adelaide, South Australia - never had this problem with the car pulling to the left hence I think ur dealer is spinning some BS.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM

Lotus 7 S4, 09 C63 Palladium with Black leather interior
I am in Australia and my car goes where I point it. I do not understand what you guys are talking about. If it pulls to the left or "leans to the left" there is something wrong with it!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM

300 SD
Tell the dealer, "thanks for the fairy tale now align my car properly." That's as bad as my friend who brought his new Cadillac back to the dealer because his heater fan motor wouldn't shut off with the car. They told him it was the "auxilliary electric removal system." "It's there to use up all of the left over electricity in the wires when you shut the key off."
He said, "Really! Now fix my car"
Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 AM

C63 AMG
booked in coming wednesday to get it fixed...in south melbourne MB, and i have to leave my car for most of the day! thats really nonsense, cause a normal wheel alignment will only took 1 hour or 2 hours max if they r really busy!!

i m sick of their bulls...
Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fangster
I am in Australia and my car goes where I point it. I do not understand what you guys are talking about. If it pulls to the left or "leans to the left" there is something wrong with it!
yes, my car goes where i pointed as well...but when you crusing in highway...eastern freeway for example, if you let go you hands, the car will not keep driving in the current lane, instead, it will go to the left lane...normally, it means the alighment of the car is not rite...one of the wheels is not in the rite angle...it will happen when the car has certain amount of mileage. or someone drove the car very aggresivly b4....

anyway...ur in melbourne? do we have any amg club or gathering in mel?

thnx mate..
Old 08-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Lotus 7 S4, 09 C63 Palladium with Black leather interior
yes, my car goes where i pointed as well...but when you crusing in highway...eastern freeway for example, if you let go you hands, the car will not keep driving in the current lane, instead, it will go to the left lane...normally, it means the alighment of the car is not rite...one of the wheels is not in the rite angle...it will happen when the car has certain amount of mileage. or someone drove the car very aggresivly b4....

anyway...ur in melbourne? do we have any amg club or gathering in mel?

thnx mate..
Not that I am aware of. Perhaps there may be someone else who may know.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM

08 AMG C63
Hi
I live in Melbourne too, I brought my car last year Aug in South Melbourne too. I always drive on the Eastern Freeway and my car always stay in the same lane even I let go of the steering.

My friend own the preivous c class, he brought the car new and same thing happen, he ask the dealer and they look at the car, they said because you change the wheels and lower the supension, but my friend told them he order the car from the factory with this option, is not after market. Their face just gone blank and ask my friend to bring in the car to fix it after one full day in the work shop they fix it but is not 100%.

Good Luck
Old 08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Call another dealer; here in US we have crown streets and the alignment is adjusted to it but it can't be notice or feel.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:13 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by (ZO)
Hi
I live in Melbourne too, I brought my car last year Aug in South Melbourne too. I always drive on the Eastern Freeway and my car always stay in the same lane even I let go of the steering.

My friend own the preivous c class, he brought the car new and same thing happen, he ask the dealer and they look at the car, they said because you change the wheels and lower the supension, but my friend told them he order the car from the factory with this option, is not after market. Their face just gone blank and ask my friend to bring in the car to fix it after one full day in the work shop they fix it but is not 100%.

Good Luck
damn...i mean i dnt mind spend few bucks and find a tire shop to fix the problem, but it really is their responsibility to check and fix this kind of things before they deliver the car...yes...i m gonna sent the car to south melbourne and need to stay there for a whole day...really annoyed