Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guido Nordheim engines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 07:33 PM

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I'm with swedepat, there is no appreciable difference between one or the other. These aren't the engineers, they are assemblers with checklists and MB said hey lets market this so people feel special.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:19 PM

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts
2012 C63, GL63, 1989 300CE
There’s a reason why there’s an automated equipment that applies torque to bolts. It is because there was a difference between each master mechanic in assembly. AMG presumably removed the subjective mess of the build which was applying torque specs.

Just imagine an archaic step such as a measly use of a torque wrench by an engineer be replaced by an expensive automated piece of machinery to torque fasteners equally each single time.

I’m not so convinced the human aspect has zero influence in anything in this world otherwise why would AMG begin to standardize and automate these steps? Save money? Efficiency? Model it to the data that showed successful builders cross reference engine failures with the builders? 🤷‍♂️
Old 08-16-2022, 04:45 AM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Originally Posted by scvillareal1
I am sorry too... Its people just like you that miss the point entirely. You fail to appreciate a thing for what it is or how its done. Its clear you know less than nothing about Mercedes-Benz AMG. Go back to your Ford.
*lol*
Why not try to disrespect me harder?
Hot tip:
I have owned a lot of Opel´s in my earlier years. =)
Google 'c23let' and some pictures might pop up.
However, with that i try to say that i´ve got a lot of experience of enginebuilding, and this makes me say such thing as it is a hype.
To perfect an engine takes time(blueprint) AMG engines are just put together with parts that have passed quality controls.(see ISO certifications why there are parts that fail anyway)
Thereby you can se on those 'cool' videos of some guy assembling a AMG engine on youtube not measuring anything at all.
They just trust they have been manufactured correct earlier in the process.

Thereby also my statement of when they stumble into problems, they just set that engine aside to let qualitycontrol centre take it apart and file an error report, while they start scratch on a new engine.
They have to build two engines per day, no time to lap any valves, no time to grind away casting flaws, no time to measure play in bearings, no time to check if oilpump is perfect and so on and so on.

Putting together my last race engine took days perfecting all the parts.

Last edited by swedepat; 08-16-2022 at 04:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DRBC43AMG (08-16-2022)