tire/wheel warranty..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
iku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk32(gone), 08 c63.
tire/wheel warranty..

A couple weeks ago, my tire was punctured by a nail, and i thought it would be covered under the tire/wheel warranty. I am currently running falken FK452's, and i was just denied by my dealership cuz i don't use the original perralis tires.
The funny thing is when i purchased my warranty, the lady told me the warranty even covers aftermarket wheels. lmao but they don't cover other tires than the garbage perralis that last like a month.

Then later, my dealer called, and said the falkens are cheap tires, so they are bad and unsafe. lol I personally think the FK452's are better than the perralis in every category, including treadwear.

Bottom line is, don't buy the tire/wheel warranty guys.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
It is always better to buy the tire warranty from the tire shop where you purchased the actual tire, as they always honor it.

Even if your dealer does not cover your tire, it may still be worth it if they'll cover a bent rim from a pot hole or any other damage to the rim
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by iku
A couple weeks ago, my tire was punctured by a nail, and i thought it would be covered under the tire/wheel warranty. I am currently running falken FK452's, and i was just denied by my dealership cuz i don't use the original perralis tires.
The funny thing is when i purchased my warranty, the lady told me the warranty even covers aftermarket wheels. lmao but they don't cover other tires than the garbage perralis that last like a month.

Then later, my dealer called, and said the falkens are cheap tires, so they are bad and unsafe. lol I personally think the FK452's are better than the perralis in every category, including treadwear.

Bottom line is, don't buy the tire/wheel warranty guys.
Sorry about your experience; it's this kind of b.s. that reminds me to always say "no" to the dealer "up-sells" at delivery.

btw -- I also totally agree with you on the Falken FK-452's. I had them on my BMW 335i and they lasted >20k mi. on the rears (the fronts had more than 30k mi. and still looked like they had another 10k left). And, as far as performance goes, the Falken FK-452's performed as well if not better than my previous Michelin PS2's in the rain and 9/10th as good as the PS2's on dry pavement...and they were almost half the cost as the PS2's. The FK-452's are Falken's flagship high performance tire and have always received high marks in reviews.

I'm either going to get a set of Falken FK-452's or GY F1's when my rear oem Pirelli's wear out (I've got > 2,500mi. on them so far and they still look great, but I'm sure that won't last long ).

How are your Falken FK-452's holding up on the rear of your C63 AMG?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
It is always better to buy the tire warranty from the tire shop where you purchased the actual tire, as they always honor it.

Even if your dealer does not cover your tire, it may still be worth it if they'll cover a bent rim from a pot hole or any other damage to the rim
Oops, i forgot to mention that the lady told me even aftermarket tires are covered as well when i purchased it. If they are going to deny me for a tire (which prob costs about 400$), good luck arguing with them to warrant a fix/replace your aftermarket wheel.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:43 PM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
Originally Posted by sflgator
How are your Falken FK-452's holding up on the rear of your C63 AMG?
Hey, my FK-452's are holding up great. I drive pretty aggressive most of the time, and the tires are only about half way through the treads!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by iku
Hey, my FK-452's are holding up great. I drive pretty aggressive most of the time, and the tires are only about half way through the treads!
After how many miles?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
Originally Posted by sflgator
After how many miles?
oops, they're at half way after about 8000-9000km's
Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by iku
oops, they're at half way after about 8000-9000km's
So, that's still only about 10-11k miles worth of tread on the rears. With "somewhat aggressive" driving, I got > 20k mi. on my rear Falken FK-452's on my tuned BMW 335i; I guess the C63 AMG really does eat tires no matter which brand/type...oh well.