Sponsored by:

MHP C63 vs JB3 335i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bike
Originally Posted by Blackedout335i
People like you that DO NOT READ, obviously have some reading comprehension problems. The reason I got the limp modes is because the OEM replacement FORGE DV's do not sit well and the OEM charge pipe connection is a POS. So the ONLY reason I got the limp modes was beacause of the boost leak that occurs at the stock boost levels also. Thanks.
I don't care what the reason is. Your car is a boosted vacuum cleaner waiting to blow. LOL.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:53 PM

C63 AMG
running JB3 is not safe and how long it will last really depend on one's luck. This is probably the reason everyone who mod 335 heavily end up selling them after 30 or 40k miles. With that said 335 with jb3 are smoking fast.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
I don't care what the reason is. Your car is a boosted vacuum cleaner waiting to blow. LOL.
No, I don't think so. In my '07 335i coupe, I ran a piggyback tune (first Shiv's original XEDE and then his PROcede v1 --> v2 --> v3, running 14-15psi...stock boost is 8.5psi on the 335i's small twin snails) for almost 3 years (and > 54,000mi.) and didn't have any problems related to the tune, other than a few induced limp modes which were completely gone with PROcede v3. I only had the piggyback with stock DPs, stock intercooler and stock exhaust and was at ~ 350WHP. My best run at the track was 12.8 sec. @ 111mph with street tires, but some of these other more highly tuned 335i's can run low-mid 12's at 114+mph all day with zero problems.

Last edited by sflgator; 08-21-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
The only seat i have out is my 1 front seat and it weighs right around 55lbs. That is the only weight reduction. Plus i got my car smoke tested this morning and i had a boost leak all last night, you can hear it in the videos. I got a new charge pipe coming in.

But alot of fun last night but it was friggin humid, i think i lost 5lbs being out there lol. I should have the pipe on by next thursday and the limp mode problem fixed because it was due to the boost leak. I still cant believe you guys were in ur car for a total of 4+ hours to come here and go come in traffic and getting lost, LOL.........
sry for making you wait so long, i toled lumi will be there around 12 but we got stuck in stupid traffic, then turnd arond to go another way even more traffic. any way it was mad fun and you car is fast as F*** next time ill come down when you have everything fix and ready to go. i know you will beat me with you car.i saw that the last run we did i could not pull you in at all. and that was my 4th and 5th gear . hey maybee next time i come i will have something special for you guys oh yea sry to hear about you forum friend over at the bm section, whats wrong with them they hating or sothing anyway there will be a next time. drive safe.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Awesome job!! A 335I with the mods and fuel you were running, and auto tranny is just flat out fast!! Even with a tune they are fast, lol. We all know Mthis' Modded C63 is fast as well, did you guys get the vids against the M5? You said Mthis pulled, but I thought Mthis was pretty even with an M5, from the last runs you guys did?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...55-modded.html

me and e55amg did alot of runs man, the m5 is fast, alot faster then stock ones for sure. i was not able to pull on him hard but i was spinning alot and that droped me back 2-3 feet and from 15-145 i maneged to get in front by a foot. as far as e55amg his car is a f+++en freak. i cant do nothing to him till over 80mhp he get that jump with all that tq and thats it. till after 80 then my 7 speed kicks in and goes to work. as of now i have to enjoy my car and sit back and chill while e55amg get his tune and pully in then its starts all over again.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
[QUOTE=
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000
I believe that this video is doctored and that the car he was racing in the video is actually a Tercel running only exhaust tips and NOS sticker (just the stickers...).

That or the Mercedes was possibly playing possum in order to shark out some money on the next race from the sucka driving the 335i.

JB3 has not proven itself on the streets... nor on the dynos. ..[/QUOTE]

this is an example of some of the comments i received on my bmw forum. FYI JB3 holds the dyno record on the stock turbos and holds the time 1/4 mile times for the 135i and 335i for ET and trap speed............

wow there some haters up in there lol why do ppl think they know everything without testing 1st.

Last edited by mthis; 08-21-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Btw, by the time u get ur tune and pulley I might have my METH kit installed by then

That would be REALLY interesting..........
i might have my headers that would make thing realllllllllly interesting.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Brisk335
Hey guys, went to mexico last nite with fellow forum member Mthis.

We had a blast going down there, what can i say the C63 is a GREAT car, spent about 4 hours in it last nite including 3 hours road trip, getting lost, going 150mph in it and drifting in it, its a amazing machine!

Anyways Mthis car specs:
-MHP ECU/TCU Tune
-No sec. cats
-No resonator
-MHP 180F THERMOSTAT
-BMC Filters
-LSD
-93 octane

E90 335i specs:
-JB3 BETA v1.4
-BMS dual cone intake
-RR catless Downpipes
-CPE catless exhaust
-Spearco FMIC
-Forge diverter vavles
-MS109 (104 octane)

Some details to go along with the video for everyone,
The C63 AMG is running a tune that is suppose to be incorporated with long tube headers, and he is not running headers.
I was in the car as a passenger recording.
The 335i was only the driver no passengers. BUT he did have a boost leak coming from the charge pipe, as you can hear the whistling in the video.

First two races the 335i was on low boost race map and got limp mode.
Third race the 335i was on high boost race map, did not limp.

Had a great time, cool guys and fun nite. Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uyii...eature=channel

yo watch the video, 1st race watch 7-12 sec somewhere there you can see how the camera goes back and you can hear how hard my car shifts. i wish i would have raced in M mode
Old 08-22-2009, 04:58 PM

c32amg,c240
Originally Posted by mthis
i might have my headers that would make thing realllllllllly interesting.
Hey great race man i gotta admit brisk335 was a definite match for you, he gave you a hell of run no doubt. but mthis if you do get headers for your c63 will their be any rematches between him later down the road just curious. Because it might make a fair difference next time you guys race.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:32 PM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by ytryc32amg
Hey great race man i gotta admit brisk335 was a definite match for you, he gave you a hell of run no doubt. but mthis if you do get headers for your c63 will their be any rematches between him later down the road just curious. Because it might make a fair difference next time you guys race.
He didnt race me, he raced a friend of ours, blackedout335i. Im sure if he gets headers there will def be a re-match.. Its all in good fun! we had a great time.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:43 PM

///M5 Beast
Have to give a short review of MTHIS C63AMG with the MHP tune!!

So after being in a MHP TUNED C63 for 4+ hours , i can give a good seat of the pants review now.
The car pulls ALOT harder than a stock C63! I didnt think it would coming in since a tune for NA engine only does so much, BUT this thing was pulling HARD! Esp. up top it was just ripping.
It was smooth through the powerband , no hiccups all nite long long. The tq is really nice down low, the mid range and top end is just brutal, no other way to put it.

The tranny is amazing! those 7 gears matched with the MHP tuning was just a dream. It shifted so damn fast and with authority, no hiccups, just smooth/instant engagement. i had a hard time just keeping the camera/my head upright from the shifts. In manual mode it is just a monster, really just so impressive. This is just my unbiased review, i know if i got a C63 this would be the first mod~

Last edited by Brisk335; 08-22-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55

So after being in a MHP TUNED C63 for 4+ hours , i can give a good seat of the pants review now.
The car pulls ALOT harder than a stock C63! I didnt think it would coming in since a tune for NA engine only does so much, BUT this thing was pulling HARD! Esp. up top it was just ripping.
It was smooth through the powerband , no hiccups all nite long long. The tq is really nice down low, the mid range and top end is just brutal, no other way to put it.

The tranny is amazing! those 7 gears matched with the MHP tuning was just a dream. It shifted so damn fast and with authority, no hiccups, just smooth/instant engagement. i had a hard time just keeping the camera/my head upright from the shifts. In manual mode it is just a monster, really just so impressive. This is just my unbiased review, i know if i got a C63 this would be the first mod~
Yeah his tune is definetly working for his car. I easily was taking the stock C63 a few hours before I raced his tuned C63. The stock C63 I was easily beating and now his tuned C63 pulls on me.

I'm 100% sure he will be no match for a tune/pulley 55 but his tuned C63 with the headers will be interesting to see if it will make up the difference.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:08 PM

335i
Originally Posted by ytryc32amg
There def will be a rematch since I had a boost leak or should i say leaks since it was leaking from 2 places and limp modes from it.

Obviously once he gets his headers in we will run once again. I am sure since we are both race junkies that there eventually be more races of all sorts because thats what happens when we get together as a group lol.

We are trying to get some other various cars including, GTR, CTS-V, modded M5 and E63 all together one day. I am sure some GREAT video footage will come from that since Lumi has some great and quick editing skills.........
Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
There def will be a rematch since I had a boost leak or should i say leaks since it was leaking from 2 places and limp modes from it.

Obviously once he gets his headers in we will run once again. I am sure since we are both race junkies that there eventually be more races of all sorts because thats what happens when we get together as a group lol.

We are trying to get some other various cars including, GTR, CTS-V, modded M5 and E63 all together one day. I am sure some GREAT video footage will come from that since Lumi has some great and quick editing skills.........
Yes I thought I was the biggest junkie here till these two kids...Mthis and blackedout335. I'm definetly a feen but you guys are even worse. I'm the only car whos still stock out of all of us !!

That should be changing soon though .
Old 08-22-2009, 09:32 PM

335i
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Yes I thought I was the biggest junkie here till these two kids...Mthis and blackedout335. I'm definetly a feen but you guys are even worse. I'm the only car whos still stock out of all of us !!

That should be changing soon though .

Modding power wise is like heroin, so watch out..............LOL............

I am pondering meth injection everyday this past week and 1 year ago I was only going to do a tune........
Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Modding power wise is like heroin, so watch out..............LOL............

I am pondering meth injection everyday this past week and 1 year ago I was only going to do a tune........
LOLOL oh man.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 PM

///M5 Beast

My camera skills are sick son hahaha...
I got a surprise for all you foo's.... upgraded turbos!!! lol

JB3 on race gas map 7/8 0-100mph aganist M6 convert coming this week!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
My camera skills are sick son hahaha...
I got a surprise for all you foo's.... upgraded turbos!!! lol

JB3 on race gas map 7/8 0-100mph aganist M6 convert coming this week!
Actually my buddy might be around astoria tonight with the M6 lol. Slight chance we might accidently bump into each other lol. I doubt it but I'm on standby if anything.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 PM

///M5 Beast
M6 convert is 489lbs heavier than the coupe ACCORDING to bmw own website.... This is getting interesting fast!
P.s. you want a rematch on XBOX or what? couldnt handle those turns.

Some pics for enjoyment hahahaha

JB3 on a E55? can it be true? haha
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO did you just do that. I whooped your m5 with the AMG 3 times in a row and after you kept choosing the faster cars lol. I was having minor handling issues and NO not because I have an AMG
Old 08-23-2009, 12:20 AM

335i
A couple pictures of my car...............lol...............
Attached Thumbnails MHP C63 vs JB3 335i-my-car.jpg   MHP C63 vs JB3 335i-my-whip-front.jpg  
Old 08-23-2009, 12:35 AM

C63 AMG
i like ur car very clean looking rims
Old 08-23-2009, 12:53 AM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO did you just do that. I whooped your m5 with the AMG 3 times in a row and after you kept choosing the faster cars lol. I was having minor handling issues and NO not because I have an AMG
ROFLL.. Your AMG is fast, the M5 couldnt handle it, AMG= too much Tq
Handling issues not because AMG, Are you sure?

Yea the car looks great, very well put together and **** FAST!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:18 AM

335i
Originally Posted by MikeS54
i like ur car very clean looking rims
Thanks man I appreciate it. Got the whole set of rims bran new for 400 and they are normally 1000.

ROFLL.. Your AMG is fast, the M5 couldnt handle it, AMG= too much Tq
Handling issues not because AMG, Are you sure?

Yea the car looks great, very well put together and **** FAST!
Thanks brotha!!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

yeah i tune does alot for this car. esp up top, the TCU i did somethinf diff this time in breaking it in, i was toled to drive it hard for 100 miles in M so i did 2000k in M of hard driving now the shifts in M are NO JOKE i gatta tell my source the trick. in the end we had a good time and will do it again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP C63 vs JB3 335i