Sponsored by:

MHP C63 vs JB3 335i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///M5 Beast
MHP C63 vs JB3 335i

Hey guys, went to mexico last nite with fellow forum member Mthis.

We had a blast going down there, what can i say the C63 is a GREAT car, spent about 4 hours in it last nite including 3 hours road trip, getting lost, going 150mph in it and drifting in it, its a amazing machine!

Have to give a short review of MTHIS C63AMG with the MHP tune!!

So after being in a MHP TUNED C63 for 4+ hours , i can give a good seat of the pants review now.
The car pulls ALOT harder than a stock C63! I didnt think it would coming in since a tune for NA engine only does so much, BUT this thing was pulling HARD! Esp. up top it was just ripping.
It was smooth through the powerband , no hiccups all nite long long. The tq is really nice down low, the mid range and top end is just brutal, no other way to put it.

The tranny is amazing! those 7 gears matched with the MHP tuning was just a dream. It shifted so damn fast and with authority, no hiccups, just smooth/instant engagement. i had a hard time just keeping the camera/my head upright from the shifts. In manual mode it is just a monster, really just so impressive. This is just my unbiased review, i know if i got a C63 this would be the first mod~

Anyways Mthis car specs:
-MHP ECU/TCU Tune
-No sec. cats
-No resonator
-MHP 180F THERMOSTAT
-BMC Filters
-LSD
-93 octane

E90 335i specs:
-JB3 BETA v1.4
-BMS dual cone intake
-RR catless Downpipes
-CPE catless exhaust
-Spearco FMIC
-Forge diverter vavles
-MS109 (104 octane)

Some details to go along with the video for everyone,
The C63 AMG is running a tune that is suppose to be incorporated with long tube headers, and he is not running headers.
I was in the car as a passenger recording.
The 335i was only the driver no passengers. BUT he did have a boost leak coming from the charge pipe, as you can hear the whistling in the video.

First two races the 335i was on low boost race map and got limp mode.
Third race the 335i was on high boost race map, did not limp.

Had a great time, cool guys and fun nite. Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uyii...eature=channel

Last edited by Brisk335; 08-23-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
damn. that 335i hauls! nice runs!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 4matic
roll up the windows..
Old 08-21-2009, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by jturkel
damn. that 335i hauls! nice runs!
dats what im saying..

Andy
Old 08-21-2009, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Brisk335
Hey guys, went to mexico last nite with fellow forum member Mthis.

We had a blast going down there, what can i say the C63 is a GREAT car, spent about 4 hours in it last nite including 3 hours road trip, getting lost, going 150mph in it and drifting in it, its a amazing machine!

Anyways Mthis car specs:
-MHP ECU/TCU Tune
-No sec. cats
-No resonator
-MHP 180F THERMOSTAT
-BMC Filters
-LSD
-93 octane

E90 335i specs:
-JB3 BETA v1.4
-BMS dual cone intake
-RR catless Downpipes
-CPE catless exhaust
-Spearco FMIC
-Forge diverter vavles
-MS109 (104 octane)

Some details to go along with the video for everyone,
The C63 AMG is running a tune that is suppose to be incorporated with long tube headers, and he is not running headers.
I was in the car as a passenger recording.
The 335i was only the driver no passengers. BUT he did have a boost leak coming from the charge pipe, as you can hear the whistling in the video.

First two races the 335i was on low boost race map and got limp mode.
Third race the 335i was on high boost race map, did not limp.

Had a great time, cool guys and fun nite. Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uyii...eature=channel
We had a good time last night. And to top it of we got lost in the hood lol.
Great write up I could not do it beter my self (can't)
yea man the 335 is no joke. Big ups to u boy.
At work now so Ill comment more later.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by exdes
roll up the windows..
My tints are to dark to roll up an record from inside.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
[this space available to OliverK for street racing comments]

Offer won't last long. Rates are competitive.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Nice runs......You forgot to mention that 335i runs with no seats lol Weight reduction!!!!!
Next weekend we should get everyone together and make some noise.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Nice runs......You forgot to mention that 335i runs with no seats lol Weight reduction!!!!!
Next weekend we should get everyone together and make some noise.
lol I forgot about that . What's up u should of came last night
Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 PM

335i
The only seat i have out is my 1 front seat and it weighs right around 55lbs. That is the only weight reduction. Plus i got my car smoke tested this morning and i had a boost leak all last night, you can hear it in the videos. I got a new charge pipe coming in.

But alot of fun last night but it was friggin humid, i think i lost 5lbs being out there lol. I should have the pipe on by next thursday and the limp mode problem fixed because it was due to the boost leak. I still cant believe you guys were in ur car for a total of 4+ hours to come here and go come in traffic and getting lost, LOL.........
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Blackedout335i
The only seat i have out is my 1 front seat and it weighs right around 55lbs. That is the only weight reduction. Plus i got my car smoke tested this morning and i had a boost leak all last night, you can hear it in the videos. I got a new charge pipe coming in.

But alot of fun last night but it was friggin humid, i think i lost 5lbs being out there lol. I should have the pipe on by next thursday and the limp mode problem fixed because it was due to the boost leak. I still cant believe you guys were in ur car for a total of 4+ hours to come here and go come in traffic and getting lost, LOL.........
How reliable is the 335 turbo I6 when running the added boost? Any concerns about the motor? It obviously makes the car a beast.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by mthis
lol I forgot about that . What's up u should of came last night
I was tired and plus raced you guys a million times. Driving out to long island to watch you guys race then race 1 of you again for the 1 million time. I got to watch the vids today in the a.c and didnt have to move a muscle. Next time though.

LOLOL CHEATER !! lol j/k. You got the fastest 335i that I have run or seen so far. Nice runs and you don't have to worry cauz there alwayz be a next time.

I say we all get together and head out to meet the CTS-V next time. try something else out. We'll call mike with the M5 get a few of us and we'll get out there.

I'm working on getting a warranty right now and after that the tune and pulley . I'm just getting hit right now with all kinds of expenses so little by little I'll get there.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:06 PM

bike
The 335 is fast and all, but what's the point when you have to turn up the boost so much that you constantly go into limp mode?

Any turbo car can be boosted to ridiculous levels, but it won't last very long. Plus you have to constantly worry about going to the dealer and them finding your mods and voiding your warranty. Not worth it imo.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:12 PM

335i
I was tired and plus raced you guys a million times. Driving out to long island to watch you guys race then race 1 of you again for the 1 million time. I got to watch the vids today in the a.c and didnt have to move a muscle. Next time though.

LOLOL CHEATER !! lol j/k. You got the fastest 335i that I have run or seen so far. Nice runs and you don't have to worry cauz there alwayz be a next time.

I say we all get together and head out to meet the CTS-V next time. try something else out. We'll call mike with the M5 get a few of us and we'll get out there.

I'm working on getting a warranty right now and after that the tune and pulley . I'm just getting hit right now with all kinds of expenses so little by little I'll get there.

LOL..............I'll tell you one thing, I am getting more **** from people on my own forum than any other forum this was posted on, Lumi posted it here and someone else posted it on 6speedonline. Everyone on other forums are giving me respect for the runs and then I go to my bmw forum and I am getting stuff like the guy wants a written affidavit from Mthis about the race, LOL..........like 3 videos and a full right up on his c63 amg that beat a modded m5 isn't enough, so I posted the video that lumi took of his C63 amg when u guys were doing runs to prove his car is modded and "loud", since they didnt think it was loud in the video. its crazy..........lol

I am going to put the seat back in just as soon as I am not so friggin lazy lol............honestly thats the ONLY reason why it hasnt gone back in yet. I may actually do it right now.........brb hahahahahaha
Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM

LOL..............I'll tell you one thing, I am getting more **** from people on my own forum than any other forum this was posted on, Lumi posted it here and someone else posted it on 6speedonline. Everyone on other forums are giving me respect for the runs and then I go to my bmw forum and I am getting stuff like the guy wants a written affidavit from Mthis about the race, LOL..........like 3 videos and a full right up on his c63 amg that beat a modded m5 isn't enough, so I posted the video that lumi took of his C63 amg when u guys were doing runs to prove his car is modded and "loud", since they didnt think it was loud in the video. its crazy..........lol

I am going to put the seat back in just as soon as I am not so friggin lazy lol............honestly thats the ONLY reason why it hasnt gone back in yet. I may actually do it right now.........brb hahahahahaha
Awesome job!! A 335I with the mods and fuel you were running, and auto tranny is just flat out fast!! Even with a tune they are fast, lol. We all know Mthis' Modded C63 is fast as well, did you guys get the vids against the M5? You said Mthis pulled, but I thought Mthis was pretty even with an M5, from the last runs you guys did?

Mthis C63 vs M5 exhaust:
They did a rolling start from about 35mph where mthis said he got wheel spin but still started to creep up. They raced again on a slow roll not exactly sure wat speed the 2nd was and the M5 said he was a hair in front and mthis said he had wheel spin.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...55-modded.html

Old 08-21-2009, 04:33 PM

335i
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
The 335 is fast and all, but what's the point when you have to turn up the boost so much that you constantly go into limp mode?

Any turbo car can be boosted to ridiculous levels, but it won't last very long. Plus you have to constantly worry about going to the dealer and them finding your mods and voiding your warranty. Not worth it imo.
People like you that DO NOT READ, obviously have some reading comprehension problems. The reason I got the limp modes is because the OEM replacement FORGE DV's do not sit well and the OEM charge pipe connection is a POS. So the ONLY reason I got the limp modes was beacause of the boost leak that occurs at the stock boost levels also. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:38 PM

335i
I just put my seat back in btw lol...........
Old 08-21-2009, 04:40 PM

335i
Originally Posted by Kelvin1000
I believe that this video is doctored and that the car he was racing in the video is actually a Tercel running only exhaust tips and NOS sticker (just the stickers...).

That or the Mercedes was possibly playing possum in order to shark out some money on the next race from the sucka driving the 335i.

JB3 has not proven itself on the streets... nor on the dynos.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is an example of some of the comments i received on my bmw forum. FYI JB3 holds the dyno record on the stock turbos and holds the time 1/4 mile times for the 135i and 335i for ET and trap speed............
Old 08-21-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
did you guys get the vids against the M5? You said Mthis pulled, but I thought Mthis was pretty even with an M5, from the last runs you guys did?

We did not get the any vids no but mthis on the 1st run said that he had wheel spin but was eventually started to creep up on the M5 up till half a car in front if I remember correctly. I will let him speak for himself on that 1. The 2nd race I know the M5 driver said he was slightly ahead but mthis said he had wheel spin.

I will make sure I have a camera for sure next time !!!!!!!

I just put my seat back in btw lol...........
AHAHAH Now I want a rematch ............

^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is an example of some of the comments i received on my bmw forum. FYI JB3 holds the dyno record on the stock turbos and holds the time 1/4 mile times for the 135i and 335i for ET and trap speed............
AHAHAHAHAH Funny and annoying at the same time.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:10 PM

335i

AHAHAH Now I want a rematch ............

Next week i will not have any boost leaks, so no limp modes. I should be good to go. Bring the video camera...........
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Next week i will not have any boost leaks, so no limp modes. I should be good to go. Bring the video camera...........
LOL sounds good.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:45 PM

335i
Btw, by the time u get ur tune and pulley I might have my METH kit installed by then

That would be REALLY interesting..........
Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Btw, by the time u get ur tune and pulley I might have my METH kit installed by then

That would be REALLY interesting..........
LOLOL well hopefully if I have time monday I'm going to go get this warranty and see how I can work the tune and pulley with my schedule. Hopefully I can get the tune/pulley before your meth kit lol.

That way we can see how much I pull on you with those mods and how much improvement your meth kit did to catch up .
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 PM

///M5 Beast
haha... too bad i didnt have the HD nite vision camera last nite..

That M5 is fast as **** too. He has:
Air scoops
CAI
Esienmann exhaust
Mid pipe with X pipe
And he knows how to drive it damn good and mthis was able to creep slowly on him.

Bigbodybeeenz:
The only reason he got a limp mode is because he had a leak where he out the aftermarket DV valves, he is getting it fixed and thats it.

I have a JB3 E92 335i, i have voer 20k miles on it, and it has NEVER given me any warranty problems, or mechanical problems for that matter!

And ask MTHIS what i did to a 6 speed e92 M3 last week, 20-130mph i walked it by 3 1/2 cars..But since he hit the limiter in 1st, i would say relaistically 2 cars. He was there to witness it. So, knock on wood, my car has been fast and reliable so far.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM

///M5 Beast
LOLOL well hopefully if I have time monday I'm going to go get this warranty and see how I can work the tune and pulley with my schedule. Hopefully I can get the tune/pulley before your meth kit lol.

That way we can see how much I pull on you with those mods and how much improvement your meth kit did to catch up .

Get ready for some food, im coming over in 45 min, gonna hit some serious traffic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP C63 vs JB3 335i