Sponsored by:

Am i the oldest c63 driver on this forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
Good stuff, before I purchased my c63 I was looking at the 135, my fiancee told me to buy something I'll love so I bought the c63 instead. :o but next year I'll be purchasing the 135 when she's done with school and she can help me out with the bills.
Having a "beater" car ensures I really appreciate the C63 so much more! I've had a Civic, then an Evo as my daily driver over the last 8 years.... the 135i is going to really spoil me. It really is a nice car. Build quality, features, torque, engine, torque Congrats to you!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG / B8 A4
Originally Posted by sflgator
It's nice driving an exclusive $70k sports sedan at 30, huh? Let's see...10 years ago, I was driving a company provided car at that time...the old white Ford Taurus. Congrats and enjoy!!!
It is nice and with a lot of hard work and good luck, I've been fortunate enough to enjoy the "finer" things in life. I own my own business, pizza shop, wife works too and we do ok. I'm a car fanatic, and have had some pretty fun cars, but none as good as this.

I have to say, I enjoy being on the forums with the more mature crowd. I had previously been an owner of a S4, and the forums were starting to fill with the <25 crowd and you could tell. Unfortunately, the price of the older S4 models dropped so low. I hate to sound this way, but it's true. Looking forward to be more active on the forums here.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EuroB6
I own my own business, pizza shop, wife works too and we do ok. I'm a car fanatic, and have had some pretty fun cars, but none as good as this.
If your driver calls in sick, you will have the fastest pizza delivery vehicle around!

Having a "beater" car ensures I really appreciate the C63 so much more!
So true. My DD is my old 1986 190e that my parents had since it was brand new.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Having a "beater" car ensures I really appreciate the C63 so much more! I've had a Civic, then an Evo as my daily driver over the last 8 years.... the 135i is going to really spoil me. It really is a nice car. Build quality, features, torque, engine, torque Congrats to you!
A bit OT from the thread, but is your 135i tuned? If not, you should add the PROcede v3 or JB3 piggyback...nothing like another ~ 70WHP / 80 lb-ft RWTQ. Or, just keep it stock, and every time you get into your C63 AMG, you'll just appreciate it more.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by sflgator
A bit OT from the thread, but is your 135i tuned? If not, you should add the PROcede v3 or JB3 piggyback...nothing like another ~ 70WHP / 80 lb-ft RWTQ. Or, just keep it stock, and every time you get into your C63 AMG, you'll just appreciate it more.
Yeah, the power some are making is impressive. But I don't plan on tuning it except with the BMW Performance tune, due out any day now. BMW is cracking down on the aftermarket tunes and voiding warrantys. Not worth the risk to me. I'd rather tune my Evo 8 -- but I never did that either (doh!) It's probably one of the few stock Evo 8's out there, running very strong at 105K miles. I have come up against tuned Evos and fared quite well. Not sure I want to part with my Evo!

Sorry for the OT
Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by EuroB6
It is nice and with a lot of hard work and good luck, I've been fortunate enough to enjoy the "finer" things in life. I own my own business, pizza shop, wife works too and we do ok.
On behalf of all pizza lovers out there, I'd like to say that I hope you enjoy the car we bought you!

mmmmm.... pizza.....
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Yeah, the power some are making is impressive. But I don't plan on tuning it except with the BMW Performance tune, due out any day now. BMW is cracking down on the aftermarket tunes and voiding warrantys. Not worth the risk to me. I'd rather tune my Evo 8 -- but I never did that either (doh!) It's probably one of the few stock Evo 8's out there, running very strong at 105K miles. I have come up against tuned Evos and fared quite well. Not sure I want to part with my Evo!

Sorry for the OT
Nice, I rid of my modded evo 8 to buy the c63. Sometimes I wish I kept the Evo, but it wasn't feasible. I can't wait to buy an 135 though because when I test drove one it felt nimble and quick and would be good for a daily driver. And like you said, it will make me appreciate the c63 more. As of right now I drive the c63 everywhere (not that it is a bad thing). I love the thing!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 PM

2009 C63
I was 30 several days ago and just bought C63 as my 31 B-day gift. I was looking into E92 M3 for several months and never thought about AMG at that time. Now I am a new AMG owner... I will show some pics later..