Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PowerChip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Not looking good to pc right now. Just spoke to someone else that picked up a tune from them and they said the gain was less than half of what is advertised this is on 2 different dynos??!!
only way to see for sure now is to wait to get my car on the dyno.
will come back with dyno sheets.
Luckily I paid with my credit card...
Old 06-22-2011, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
I'm interested to see the results...
Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Powerchips response

So I just spoke with Paul at Powerchips and he is more than willing to take my ecu back and validate the tune was properly accepted by the ecu. He definitely seems like he is willing to work with me since he said if it was improperly tuned they will pay for all shipping costs. The issue comes from me being down without a car for 3 days. I believe I will still get the dyno this Friday from Eurocharged/Motorworks in Houston to make sure it is not just lip service from PC. Maybe Eurocharged would give me a deal I can't pass up on a tune if the PC tune turns out to be a flop. This whole deals sucks since Paul at PC has been so good to work with.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 PM

2009 C63 AMG
midnyite

can you post your budy's dyno results?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 AM

AMG GTS
This is what i am getting from all of this.

How is it even possible that all of these flashes were not done right?
Lets say they were right, what does that say about their QC?
Just flash and mail it back.
I have spoken to Paul as well, great guy to work with very well spoken gentleman
But that means nothing if they are peddling empty promises for the money they are asking for . (I paid $500 for the tune during their promotion)
So i really dont care how nice the guy is if all hes selling is hopes and dreams.

In the end the dyno is where it all matters.
I have a feeling this will make or brake any future sales from PC depending on how it comes back.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 PM

2009 C63 AMG
midnyite

I am not so sure I agree with the dyno will make or break. I would rather see 1/4 mile times vs dyno as that is real world. Don't get me wrong I hear you. I also am not sure that PC really is out to do no good. Maybe we just have doubt which is making us think "are they really doing anything or selling us a box of crap" and putting a guarantee on it. Basically, do we have a guaranteed box of crap. As I have already said, I am heading to Eurocharged in the morning and will certainly post the outcome. I know there are a ton of people look for data and it's gonna cost me 100 bucks to provide that. I'm open for donations I sure hope things work out as I really don't want to fight the credit card battle. If it does turn out bad - any suggestions on the credit card thing?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 PM

2010 C63 AMG (Marrano Tune and K&N airfilters)
I have a powerchip tune by Sonny Marrano (Australia) and the performance differance is cetainly noticable. I dont know if it is as quick of some of the other tunes going around but it is noticably better than standard.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Thumbs up Dyno results

So I hit Eurocharged today and WOW!!!!! Those guys are great. Very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. So the Powerchips tune certainly delivered for 500 bucks. The dyno was not very accurate as I have already said but it really doesn't matter about the numbers but what does mater is the delta between stock and tuned. The stock runs were 314 and 308.5 and the PC tuned runs were 356.8 and 347.2. Our guess is that the dyno is off by about 50-60 hp, so just add 50-60 hp to each number. So 42 hp gain from best to best and 48 hp from best to worst. Granted this is not the 50-70hp gain that they state but as you can see the numbers are very low so the dyno is probably not all that accurate. With this 3 cheers for PC and I believe this puts my doubts aside. 5 cheers for Eurocharged for helping prove this. Now its time to do headers and high flow cats. Any suggestions (shorties or long tube?)
Old 06-25-2011, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by seanthebomb
I have just purchased a 2010 C63 with the sport pckg. I am wondering since I got the ecu reflashed and added some upgrades i was wondering if i put the 100 octane in it would cause damage to the camshaft sensor. I used to put it in my clk55 amg kleeman it caused the camshaft sensor to go out after 5000 miles of only running 100 octane as minimum level. Let me know If there any people out there who have been running 100 octane and have their ecu reflashed. Thanks
The engines have knock sensors on them to save them from 91 craptane gas. They are are made to run on 93. Putting 100 octane in won't hurt any thing but you don't need to fill the tank. Mix it 1/2 91 and 1/2 100 and you end up with about 95 octane. Your tune will be set for a specific octane (based in what you told them you can get at the pump) so using a higher rating won't hurt the motor, just your wallet.