how fast are police cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by rockjock
the tint also interferes with radio waves-and you usually dont want them to get a good look at you-there is the off chance that there was "another" C63 in the area, maybe it was him, and not you?
another great point! i totally forgot about this one! a tint on the window can alter the wave. for example, a radio wave being sent from behind you to ahead of you COULD hit your rear window. the darker tint (and thus greater density of the tinted window now) will alter the properties of the incident raido wave's angle of refraction and reflection. of course, it will always be partially reflected as that is a fundamental property of waves, but if the density of the rear window (again darker the rear window, greater the density b/c more tint), the greater the chance for total internal reflection. this would completely prevent further propagation of the wave forward!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Originally Posted by rockjock
I wasnt sure if anyone else would post the fq (thanks for breaking the ice Brenton!)-it def works-hell, you can mess with one just by driving by (at the speed limit of course )-def try that one-they start looking like 4 year olds behind the wheel! :lol:-
the tint also interfers with radio waves-and you usually dont want them to get a good look at you-there is the off chance that there was "another" C63 in the area, maybe it was him, and not you?
Wow! Wish I knew this when the g/f bought me a V1 for my birthday last year! I would have made her return it!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
Yes, it works fantastically.

One other secret to outrunning a cop is gearing. The reverse gear in a cop cruiser is much too short to maintain speed over 25mph, whereas your C will easily do 35-40. So if you throw it in reverse, you'll be able to beat the cop quite nicely until you have a chance to do a J-turn. Try it.
Keep them coming man.... that's sweet!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by electromethod
Wow! Wish I knew this when the g/f bought me a V1 for my birthday last year! I would have made her return it!
radar detector don't help much here. the troopers have instant on radar and they don't turn it on until you pass them. works like a charm first time i experienced it i got caught doing 99mph in my slk55 with a radar detector. but the cop was cool and just gave me a warning.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by electromethod
Keep them coming man.... that's sweet!
Fine, one more tip...

Keep your car gassed up before engaging the police. Shift change happens at 11am and 11pm for most city departments. If you get into a chase scenario, make sure you can continue to evade until you cross one of these times. The cops chasing you, by union rule, must break chase at the end of a shift. As long as you have enough gas to maintain the run, the pursuing cops will break away for paperwork. The next shift cannot possibly catch up at this point, since they are resuming the chase from the local station.

Maintain the left-right turning pattern to draw out the chase past 11, and you are golden.

I can't keep sharing these tips guys, as LEO may be watching and learning our technique.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
'06 E55, W204 C350, '04 Carrera C4S, '02 ML55 (Wife's)
Smile

This one goes over 190mph..... (italy)

This one goes 225mph made by Brabus... (Germany)

but for us in the states this would be our hard rub... (USA)

...But The Radio is much faster

Last edited by VaderSS; 08-27-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM

C63
is that a really used police car? if so where?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by dmyrick
is that a really used police car? if so where?
probably california. that's where i've seen most of the more expensive ones. also seen a c5 z06 vette cop in ny
Old 08-27-2009, 06:48 PM

09 C63 steel grey
Are you guys kidding?

Radio waves travel at the speed of light like all electromagnetic radiation.
I don't think C63s can travel faster than the speed of light no matter how highly modified. Unless you routinely drive around in a particle accelerator or quantum physics lab.

I wish they could, then I could travel through time.

Last edited by tyanger; 08-27-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah cali cop cars say POLIZIA on them
Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by tyanger
Are you guys kidding?

Radio waves travel at the speed of light like all electromagnetic radiation.
I don't think C63s can travel faster than the speed of light no matter how highly modified.
I wish they could, then I could travel through time.
true, electromagnetic waves do travel at 3.0 x 10^8 m/s, BUT you have to take into consideration many of the other factors mentioned, such as total internal reflection of the incident wave on different mediums and 180 degree destructive interference. i think a black C63 that has a very dark tint and highly modified has a good chance.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 PM

C63
i think im lucky here the only sports car they use is the dodge charger, but i have no idea how fast those are.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by vraa
Yeah cali cop cars say POLIZIA on them
No... Cali cop cars say 'Police'. Italian cops say 'Polizia'.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM

09 C63 steel grey
I still can't tell if this is a joke or not. I guess that means the jokes on me.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by jturkel
true, electromagnetic waves do travel at 3.0 x 10^8 m/s, BUT you have to take into consideration many of the other factors mentioned, such as total internal reflection of the incident wave on different mediums and 180 degree destructive interference. i think a black C63 that has a very dark tint and highly modified has a good chance.
What if the C63 was matte black? I mean the B-2 Stealth Bomber is matte black isn't it? Vinyl is cheap nowadays and is temporary should you decide to go a different color or whatever.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
i think im lucky here the only sports car they use is the dodge charger, but i have no idea how fast those are.
Those are ridiculously slow to begin with. When you consider how much weight is added for their equipment we are talking slow; 0-60 in a little over 6 seconds. A GL550 does 0-60 in the same time.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:14 PM

In the US i'd only be worried about these...

Old 08-27-2009, 07:19 PM

C63
i live in Alabama, a bunch of back woods hicks for law enforcement. No vipers around here. i don't think i have to worry about tickets anymore unless traffic backs me up. i will just run hard and take the nearest exit.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AsianML
What if the C63 was matte black? I mean the B-2 Stealth Bomber is matte black isn't it? Vinyl is cheap nowadays and is temporary should you decide to go a different color or whatever.
interesting point. if a C63 is matte black, like the Brabus Bullit, it might have a better chance then. the reflective properties and density of the color certainly help with total internal reflection of the waves.

this might be a stretch, but perhaps the aggressive lines on the hood might actually somewhat in a small way simulate those seen on the B2 and help with invisibility?

i live in Alabama, a bunch of back woods hicks for law enforcement. No vipers around here. i don't think i have to worry about tickets anymore unless traffic backs me up. i will just run hard and take the nearest exit.
those are C6 Z06 vettes. not vipers, but you never know. you'd be surprised what some places have. there isnt much out in backwoods. the cobra's i mentioned earlier were actually in Oro Valley near Tucson which is a common place for people to race. i would imagine racing and car modding is common in the "backwoods" of the country where there might not be as much to do.

09 C63 steel grey
So you guys are talking about evading radar speed detection?

I think the poster that brought up outrunning radio meant that the cops can just radio ahead to either another vehicle or even helicopter. Plus by then the news helicopters would be on you. When that happens be sure to wave out your window.

For the record radio waves travel at about 670,000,000 miles per hour (in vacuum). Maybe the Kleeman K300000 ECU tune will get us close to that speed. Or when the flux capacitor gets through beta testing.

'
Can you outrun a radio?
I forgot that the Earth was round. I didn't take that into account when I was trying to figure out the math. Thanks!
You probably interrupted his donut stop so he gave up and turned around lights and sirens to get back to the shop as quickly as possible.
How ridiculously idiodic do your posts sound... Stop trying. For someone with 18k posts and a recently obtained license, you should try finding a new hobby or pick up a book.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
Fine, one more tip...

Keep your car gassed up before engaging the police. Shift change happens at 11am and 11pm for most city departments. If you get into a chase scenario, make sure you can continue to evade until you cross one of these times. The cops chasing you, by union rule, must break chase at the end of a shift. As long as you have enough gas to maintain the run, the pursuing cops will break away for paperwork. The next shift cannot possibly catch up at this point, since they are resuming the chase from the local station.

Maintain the left-right turning pattern to draw out the chase past 11, and you are golden.

I can't keep sharing these tips guys, as LEO may be watching and learning our technique.
SWEET! Thanks man....... what about breaks? Are there any specifics regarding their mandatory break periods? Thanks again.... if you don't feel comfortable posting the information, just PM it to me. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by jturkel
...those are C6 Z06 vettes. not vipers...
The bottom two are the new supercharged ZR-1... But it's hard to tell.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 PM

C63 AMG
umm... doesn't crow vic has like 300hp or something and can't take a turn.

Last time i saw a cop flash me I just started to run harder and then i realized the cop never even bothered to chase.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by mbenz06
How ridiculously idiodic do your posts sound... Stop trying. For someone with 18k posts and a recently obtained license, you should try finding a new hobby or pick up a book.
ok you want to get serious?

you obviously don't know how satellites work. we have to have satellites around different points of the earth so they can communicate with each other and with other radio frequencies. the earth's curvature does indeed prevent radio transmissions to certain parts of the earth and it is satellites that helps solve this problem.

go read a book yourself or go take aerospace physics like i did.

frcikin tard: http://www.qsl.net/vu2msy/IONOS.htm
http://www.radio-electronics.com/inf...plications.php

Last edited by jturkel; 08-27-2009 at 07:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how fast are police cars