Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Vids] C63 vs. Modded E92 M3 DCT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmyrick
that was awesome! is he going to do anymore upgrades? are you?
Thanks Bro, yeah he's looking at exhaust mods, what would you guys suggest he do next? Another mod and he's gonna get me! haha! He flat out loves his car even more now, very happy with his ECU tune.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:33 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Thanks Bro, yeah he's looking at exhaust mods, what would you guys suggest he do next? Another mod and he's gonna get me! haha! He flat out loves his car even more now, very happy with his ECU tune.
Would you mind PMing me the price of your mods?
Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
you m3 is a beast.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63 AMG
Agreed, there were a few other runs that I didn't add because the starts were just not right, the cars are very close. I do think had we kept going, like Mthis said, the 63 would start to creep away.

WOW, DLSJ5...awesome runs!!!! I haven't run my RENNtech tuned C63 AMG against a highly modded M3 like yours yet, but it's good to know what the outcome might be like. I haven't dyno'd yet, but my stage 2 ecu flash is supposed to yield +60BHP / + 39 lb-ft to 511HP / 480 lb-ft. TQ, similar to this Powerchip C63 ecu flash. btw -- your M3 really is a beast; I was surprised how close your runs were!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:58 PM

C63 AMG / B8 A4
I knew it, neck and neck with each other. You my friend have one nice M. I'm just happy as **** to know that a tune turns the C63 into a monster(as if it wasn't already)
Old 09-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by mthis
you m3 is a beast.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by sflgator
WOW, DLSJ5...awesome runs!!!! I haven't run my RENNtech tuned C63 AMG against a highly modded M3 like yours yet, but it's good to know what the outcome might be like. I haven't dyno'd yet, but my stage 2 ecu flash is supposed to yield +60BHP / + 39 lb-ft to 511HP / 480 lb-ft. TQ, similar to this Powerchip C63 ecu flash. btw -- your M3 really is a beast; I was surprised how close your runs were!
Thanks Bro! If the M3 is DCT and modded it will give you a good run, if it's 6MT and even has all the bolt ons you will take it by 2 cars or more, wait are you Stage 2? What does that involve? I might be wrong on the outcomes vs. your car. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by EuroB6
I knew it, neck and neck with each other. You my friend have one nice M. I'm just happy as **** to know that a tune turns the C63 into a monster(as if it wasn't already)
You were right! Thanks for the kind words! No doubt the tune is awesome on the C63, one more mod and he's got me, we'll be sure to document more runs when I get a muffler, maybe some weight reduction, and he does some other bolt ons/weight reduction.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 09-05-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 6.3AMG
NP, but I don't remember of hand, lol, I'm going to have to check on that.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
NP, but I don't remember of hand, lol, I'm going to have to check on that.
hey does anyone make L/T's for the m3. and if so how much power do they add. and how much slower is it then a supercharged m3.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 PM

hey does anyone make L/T's for the m3. and if so how much power do they add. and how much slower is it then a supercharged m3.
I think one company does, but they are no where near what LT's do for the C63, it's only a matter of matching the mods, then the NA DCT M3 can't touch the C63, it will need FI.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
I think one company does, but they are no where near what LT's do for the C63, it's only a matter of matching the mods, then the NA DCT M3 can't touch the C63, it will need FI.
i dont know, im very suprised with the results. i know the c63 would pull over 140 but who ever races up to that. bottom line is your car is FAST and thats that, good luck and keep the vids coming,
Old 10-17-2009, 02:05 PM

i dont know, im very suprised with the results. i know the c63 would pull over 140 but who ever races up to that. bottom line is your car is FAST and thats that, good luck and keep the vids coming,
Thanks Bro.

I did a Vbox run and the car did a best of 93mph in the 1/8th mile and 118MPH in the 1/4 mile, ET was crappy, wasn't launching the car at all, just going for trap speeds. Also hit 10.87, 60-130 which will improve when temps are cooler, gonna try and hit the track as well.

Runs with a CTS-V and a standard Egear Gallardo should be coming soon!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 6.3AMG
Encore Innovation X-pipe w/HFC's was half off because I was the prototype car I believe it is $1800.00
GIAC chip was half off cause I was a prototype, I believe they are $800.00
VFE filter $100.00
Rogue Pulley $ 380.00
Old 10-17-2009, 03:06 PM

W204 C63 AMG, E60 530i, E46 325i
Great videos DLS, your car is awesome!

I will always love the M3, no matter what year or generation - though I wish they never made a 4 door, just to retain the true M 2-door coupe image of the M3.

But I can't let this pass: it disturbs me to see that a fair few people on this forum get so worked up seeing a M3 beat a C63AMG? Then they starting blabbering on about 'How about you tune the C63 AMG this way?' or 'How about you do this and that and then re-race?'

Stock for stock, a C63 will obviously pull away from an E92 M3. The weight difference is significant, but the C63 AMGs enormous 2.2L displacement advantage makes up for that. But can't some people on here just accept a race for a race - you know who you are. The 2.2L displacement advantage of the C63 AMG is going to have to get matched by something from the E9x m3 in order take make it a worthy fight - and obviously some form of tune will do this.

Sure, the C63 AMG can be tuned extensively just as much, if not more; but so can the M3? I'm yet to see a video that details both cars tuned to their highest potential and race, in order to conclusively say which one is faster overall. In fact this is the only video I've found of very few: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOq7...eature=related
Last time Mercedes-Benz and BMW (base cars for tuners) went to an all out tune/modification battle is obviously the "Brabus Rocket vs G-Power Hurricane episode". And who won top speed?

I'm sorry to say this, but its people like 'Mike C63 AMG' (no offense - not attacking you) that makes me feel like I'm driving a snob car - where you just think you can beat everything on the road (true....to an extent) and as long as someone brings up mods/tunes/forced induction; you just say 'Oh well lets just do this and that to see the C63s full potential'... oh please.
I bought my C63 AMG for one reason only, because its a killer on the straights. It absolutely obliverates 90% of the cars around it. But if a modded car beats me, I'm not going to chuck a hissy about it and question my driving or bring up doing mods myself. I didn't buy the M3 because I felt 'Why not just buy the car with more horsepower, especially when your going to use it for highways most of the time anyway?'.

If I did track often, and if, and only if, the M3 had almost identically matched horeepower and torque as the C63 AMG - I'd buy one in an instant, knowing I'm driving around a track racing legacy; not just a fast saloon.

Nevertheless, both nice cars.

Last edited by iftwb; 10-17-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:04 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by iftwb
Great videos DLS, your car is awesome!

I will always love the M3, no matter what year or generation - though I wish they never made a 4 door, just to retain the true M 2-door coupe image of the M3.

But I can't let this pass: it disturbs me to see that a fair few people on this forum get so worked up seeing a M3 beat a C63AMG? Then they starting blabbering on about 'How about you tune the C63 AMG this way?' or 'How about you do this and that and then re-race?'

Stock for stock, a C63 will obviously pull away from an E92 M3. The weight difference is significant, but the C63 AMGs enormous 2.2L displacement advantage makes up for that. But can't some people on here just accept a race for a race - you know who you are. The 2.2L displacement advantage of the C63 AMG is going to have to get matched by something from the E9x m3 in order take make it a worthy fight - and obviously some form of tune will do this.

Sure, the C63 AMG can be tuned extensively just as much, if not more; but so can the M3? I'm yet to see a video that details both cars tuned to their highest potential and race, in order to conclusively say which one is faster overall. In fact this is the only video I've found of very few: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOq7...eature=related
Last time Mercedes-Benz and BMW (base cars for tuners) went to an all out tune/modification battle is obviously the "Brabus Rocket vs G-Power Hurricane episode". And who won top speed?

I'm sorry to say this, but its people like 'Mike C63 AMG' (no offense - not attacking you) that makes me feel like I'm driving a snob car - where you just think you can beat everything on the road (true....to an extent) and as long as someone brings up mods/tunes/forced induction; you just say 'Oh well lets just do this and that to see the C63s full potential'... oh please.
I bought my C63 AMG for one reason only, because its a killer on the straights. It absolutely obliverates 90% of the cars around it. But if a modded car beats me, I'm not going to chuck a hissy about it and question my driving or bring up doing mods myself. I didn't buy the M3 because I felt 'Why not just buy the car with more horsepower, especially when your going to use it for highways most of the time anyway?'.

If I did track often, and if, and only if, the M3 had almost identically matched horeepower and torque as the C63 AMG - I'd buy one in an instant, knowing I'm driving around a track racing legacy; not just a fast saloon.

Nevertheless, both nice cars.

IFTWB your above claim is baseless and complete distortion of the truth. Before I joined this forum, I was an active member (and still am) of M3post.com. Now to start, I invite yourself and anyone else to search my post history on that forum and present to me a post where I; slander, trash, bad mouth the E92/E90/E93 M3. I'll be waiting for your findings. Continuing sure I might have made a few sarcastic comments in regards to my encounter with an M3 on here. But each time it was obvious my intentions were sarcastic, or just to poke a little fun into the M3/C63 rivalry which it seems only you are the only one that didn't see that. Again in my very first post on here I explained this was my first MB, after coming from an E46 M3 and 2 X5 4.6is, so to say I am a MB loyalist would be naive. Also, I complimented DLSJ5 on his car many of times. Trust me, I do accept a "race for a race". Again if you want to talk about "snobs" when your on the M3post.com in the "VS" section I invite you to read some of the threads. Talk about obvious biases. That forum still has some valuable members and information, but lately some of the comments I been reading are ridiculous.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
You just sold a lot of C63 tunes with those videos. including me.... if I can ever decide.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
You just sold a lot of C63 tunes with those videos. including me.... if I can ever decide.
haha, that motor has even MORE in it with bolt ons! FWIW did a comparo run with a stock E55 AMG, super cool owner as well. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqJT7Qk0zN0

also did a few pulls against a stock Cadillac CTS-V, 556HP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aV9ZbrxXQ4

Last edited by DLSJ5; 10-25-2009 at 05:31 PM.